COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:26:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 534889 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: April 25, 2021, 09:32:02 AM »

The predicted Biden surge among senior voters certainly did not materialize. If it had, he would have won Arizona and Georgia by more and would have come closer in Florida, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, and Texas.

Biden did improve with seniors. It just wasn't by as much as polls indicated. The swing he got probably pushed him over the finish line.

Could some of this just be the aging out of some highly conservative silent generation seniors?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 12:40:25 PM »

How likely is it the country locks down again? I recently got a job at our local movie theater and our business is booming. We had our best weekend yet with Black Widow and Space Jam 2. I would hate for us to close down again.

Very unlikely--almost certainly not going to happen outside from some specific counties/regions in a state

Yeah not gonna happen.  Politics won’t allow it.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »

Literally every patient in the ICU with covid where I work is unvaccinated, each and everyone of them absolutely should have been. The intensivist that works here grilled our latest admit about what they were thinking, it just gets tough after all the phone calls we had to make to families who couldn't see their family member and would never see them again.

Very hard to feel sorry for these people.  They chose for this to happen by not getting vaccinated.  You can’t help those who refuse to help themselves.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 04:16:03 PM »

California man who said he had ’99 problems but a vax ain’t one’ dies from COVID-19

When you can’t trust the Bible cause it was written by man, but you trust the CDC/Fauci guidelines cause they were written by man. Makes total sense. pic.twitter.com/JqUeZGpr5w

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) May 26, 2021

“Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork,” Harmon tweeted on July 8. In June he wrote, “IF YOU’RE HAVING EMAIL PROBLEMS, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, SON. I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A VAX AIN’T ONE!”

Biden’s door to door vaccine “surveyors” really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 8, 2021

But just a day later, Harmon revealed to his followers that he had been diagnosed with COVID. His situation deteriorated a few days later when he revealed he was “on max oxygen” and “struggling to function.”

i’m choosing to going under intubation, i’ve fought this thing as hard as i can but unfortunately it’s reached a point of critical choice & as much as i hate having to do this i’d rather it be willingness than forced emergency procedure. don’t know when i’ll wake up, please pray.

— Stephen Harmon (@stephenharmon) July 21, 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-man-said-had-99-221500116.html

This is so sad.
He spent so much time "owning the libs," and repeating how "Biden’s door to door vaccine surveyors really should be called JaCovid Witnesses," instead of just getting a vaccine ... and now, he is dead.

He did it to himself.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 09:48:05 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2021, 11:39:19 AM by Mr.Phips »

Another new variant. This one more dangerous and concerning than Delta.

Will this ever end?

It won’t ever end.  It will be with us the rest of our lives.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »

South African President Ramaphosa on Omicron:

- It has far more mutations than other variants
- It's responsible for most infections across country
- Our scientists working hard to gather more data, including vaccine effectiveness
- 4th wave likely if cases continue to rise

And I’m sure you are loving this.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 11:25:19 AM »

Is it possible masks will be something to live with for literally the rest of our lives?

Probably at least the next several years.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »

It's happening!

And you’re loving it as usual.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 06:45:27 PM »

Brace yourselves... Omicron is coming. And so are lockdowns.

Lol who is going to enforce these lockdowns?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »

Unfortunately it isn't until the unvaccinated stop filling up hospitals and causing problems or deaths of people who need to go there for something else.

Then they should triage the unvaccinated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies