COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:07:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 541010 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7550 on: November 24, 2021, 02:19:34 PM »

Republicans are now starting to blame Biden for failing to end the pandemic. This is both nonsensical and hypocritical given that they are disproportionately vaccine resistant and fiercely opposed to any mitigation measure, but I'd expect to see this gain traction, simply because everything bad is blamed on the President.

Why would this surprise you coming from the GOP death cult. They deny climate change and then complain about natural disasters being conspiracies, they want to arm everybody and make gun regulations nearly impossible and then turn around and complain about gun crime, these are the actions of a death cult.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7551 on: November 24, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »

Frightening to think that this man was once National Security Advisor. 
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7552 on: November 24, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »

Republicans are now starting to blame Biden for failing to end the pandemic.

I have been saying for months this is Republicans' end goal--make sure the pandemic again gets completely out of control by refusing to do anything to slow it, and then campaign on how this thing that they spent two years claiming didn't exist is somehow Biden's fault.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7553 on: November 24, 2021, 08:12:23 PM »

My mother who is watching her coworkers work day and night in overwhelmed hospitals has a word to say to you people who think a restaurant requiring a mask is the end of the world, “f**k you” (actually her words were worse but I can’t say them on here)
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7554 on: November 24, 2021, 08:19:36 PM »

FAUCI dividing American Families by saying you only should sit together with vaccinated people during Thanksgiving. That guy is a LIAR and HOAX!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7555 on: November 24, 2021, 08:35:01 PM »

FAUCI dividing American Families by saying you only should sit together with vaccinated people during Thanksgiving. That guy is a LIAR and HOAX!

I can't find a quote from him like that.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #7556 on: November 25, 2021, 02:03:14 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2021, 02:07:11 AM by roxas11 »

I never thought I would see this kind of nonsense being posted on here

Here is what fauci actualy said

Now to be clear, I have no issue with you being anti Fauci or even anti mask and anti lockdowns. Heck Vaccinated Russian Bear is been pretty clear that he thinks the lockdowns are a bad idea but here is the big difference between him and you

Vaccinated Russian Bear backs up his statements with data and makes a compelling argument for why he feels the way he does about an issue.

You on the other hand just posted something that was a flat out lie simply because you wanted to push more disinformation about Fauci. Had you simply took the time I'm sure you could have found many factual and legitimate reasons to criticize Fauci for

Instead, you decided to just post some lazy BS that you saw on the fox news website...
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-thanksgiving-message-vaccine-family
Hollywood
« Reply #7557 on: November 25, 2021, 03:49:43 AM »

People are all shocked cause Fauci is telling the vaccinated to wear a mask.  Yeah.  Cause it's become very obvious that the vaccinated are at much greater risk than initially alleged by Fauci and the many governmental and pharmaceutical actors pushing vaccinations down the throats of every American, and blaming the unvaccinated for all the setbacks that have occurred.  It's every evident that the medical and pharmaceutical community is lying about the number of vaccinated patients that are contracting, trasmiting, and dying from Covid-19, as well as suffering side effects from the injections that you can find videos of on Rumble.  Fauci told people that vaccinated people couldn't catch or spread the virus, which was obvious BS.  People vaccinated with the influenza shot spread it around every year.    You'd have to ignore 100 years of medical science to believe that a vaccine would stop the transmission of a virus that affects the upper and lower respiratory tract, in addition to organs like the kidneys, intestines and colon.  Fauci needs to F-ing go. It's bad enough we can't try that guy and others for crimes against humanity due to funding projects and conducting the experiments that engendered mutated coronaviruses in an unsafe setting. The whole lab-leak denial and cover-up was a F-ing serious violation of public trust.     

To prevent Covid, I wear a mask even though I'm a righty.  I was taught to do so as an EMT.  I believe it protects people from receiving higher loads of viral particles that directly enter nasal and oral pathways when an infected person breaths or talks in your direction.  It's tough for droplets and high loads of viral particles to travel below the small inflow of one's mask, because they usually drop to the ground due to their relative weight in the atmosphere, and the space between the mask and bottom of the chin makes it difficult for high viral loads from penetrating.  A strong ventilation system could pull and redirect coronavirus into the HVAC and above people in a closed space, but the top of the mask usually provides outflow that blows particles way.  Masks also prevent people from surface-to-hand-to-face transmission that quickly occurs when other people touch doors, tables, and chairs after rubbing their nose and mouth.  I might not wear a mask if I'm in a large space or sitting outdoors.  I think the reason people do not wear masks is due to government and democrat authoritative messaging that fails to provide the common sense reasons people should wear a mask. 

Also, if you want to keep people from overwhelming the hospitals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with health issues like cancer and heart disease need to go for Monoclonal Anti-body therapy.  I think most people that got the treatment were vaccinated patients with serious issues.  The biggest benefit from such treatments is that it can work on multiple infections.  One of the issues doctors and hospitals found this summer was a resurgence of serious cold, RSV, and influenza infections that were attacking the upper respiratory system along with Covid-19.  Rhinovirus competes with, and mostly wins out against, Covid-19 in the upper respiratory tract, while covid-19 attacks the lower respiratory tract, as well as organs like the kidneys, lungs, intestines, and immune cells.  Coronavirus has been observed triggering severe infections of the common cold, COPD, and Asthma for over 40 years.  A study from march found that 15-30% of coronavirus infections triggered common colds while also infecting the lower respiratory tract, and consequently, other serious infections in the lungs like pneumonia.  I would argue that coronavirus is responsible for the significant increase in serious rhinovirus infections, and the study found that the worst cold, asthma COPD, etc. symptoms were among the old and immunocompromised patients. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7204879/

The monoclonal antibodies are great biologics that target specific illnesses, but have been repeatedly observed combating a host of other illnesses.  The FDA is constantly expanding treatment of antibody treatments.  Dupixent is an example of a monoclonal antibody that combats dermatitis, Rhinosinositus, upper respiratory infection and inflamation with nasal polyps, and Asthma.  I'm sure everyone has seen the pharmaceutical commercial with the guy taking his shirt off to jump in the pool and dancing with a floatation device. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7558 on: November 25, 2021, 03:54:01 AM »

I took it as more he's urging you to wear a mask (if you don't know if the people you're with are vaccinated).

Obviously if you don't want to wear a mask at Thanksgiving, and your host isn't telling you to wear a mask, then you don't have to.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #7559 on: November 25, 2021, 04:25:14 AM »

People are all shocked cause Fauci is telling the vaccinated to wear a mask.  Yeah.  Cause it's become very obvious that the vaccinated are at much greater risk than initially alleged by Fauci and the many governmental and pharmaceutical actors pushing vaccinations down the throats of every American, and blaming the unvaccinated for all the setbacks that have occurred.  It's every evident that the medical and pharmaceutical community is lying about the number of vaccinated patients that are contracting, trasmiting, and dying from Covid-19, as well as suffering side effects from the injections that you can find videos of on Rumble.  Fauci told people that vaccinated people couldn't catch or spread the virus, which was obvious BS.  People vaccinated with the influenza shot spread it around every year.    You'd have to ignore 100 years of medical science to believe that a vaccine would stop the transmission of a virus that affects the upper and lower respiratory tract, in addition to organs like the kidneys, intestines and colon.  Fauci needs to F-ing go. It's bad enough we can't try that guy and others for crimes against humanity due to funding projects and conducting the experiments that engendered mutated coronaviruses in an unsafe setting. The whole lab-leak denial and cover-up was a F-ing serious violation of public trust.      

To prevent Covid, I wear a mask even though I'm a righty.  I was taught to do so as an EMT.  I believe it protects people from receiving higher loads of viral particles that directly enter nasal and oral pathways when an infected person breaths or talks in your direction.  It's tough for droplets and high loads of viral particles to travel below the small inflow of one's mask, because they usually drop to the ground due to their relative weight in the atmosphere, and the space between the mask and bottom of the chin makes it difficult for high viral loads from penetrating.  A strong ventilation system could pull and redirect coronavirus into the HVAC and above people in a closed space, but the top of the mask usually provides outflow that blows particles way.  Masks also prevent people from surface-to-hand-to-face transmission that quickly occurs when other people touch doors, tables, and chairs after rubbing their nose and mouth.  I might not wear a mask if I'm in a large space or sitting outdoors.  I think the reason people do not wear masks is due to government and democrat authoritative messaging that fails to provide the common sense reasons people should wear a mask.  

Also, if you want to keep people from overwhelming the hospitals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with health issues like cancer and heart disease need to go for Monoclonal Anti-body therapy.  I think most people that got the treatment were vaccinated patients with serious issues.  The biggest benefit from such treatments is that it can work on multiple infections.  One of the issues doctors and hospitals found this summer was a resurgence of serious cold, RSV, and influenza infections that were attacking the upper respiratory system along with Covid-19.  Rhinovirus competes with, and mostly wins out against, Covid-19 in the upper respiratory tract, while covid-19 attacks the lower respiratory tract, as well as organs like the kidneys, lungs, intestines, and immune cells.  Coronavirus has been observed triggering severe infections of the common cold, COPD, and Asthma for over 40 years.  A study from march found that 15-30% of coronavirus infections triggered common colds while also infecting the lower respiratory tract, and consequently, other serious infections in the lungs like pneumonia.  I would argue that coronavirus is responsible for the significant increase in serious rhinovirus infections, and the study found that the worst cold, asthma COPD, etc. symptoms were among the old and immunocompromised patients. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7204879/

The monoclonal antibodies are great biologics that target specific illnesses, but have been repeatedly observed combating a host of other illnesses.  The FDA is constantly expanding treatment of antibody treatments.  Dupixent is an example of a monoclonal antibody that combats dermatitis, Rhinosinositus, upper respiratory infection and inflamation with nasal polyps, and Asthma.  I'm sure everyone has seen the pharmaceutical commercial with the guy taking his shirt off to jump in the pool and dancing with a floatation device.  

2016 should take some notes because if you are going to go after fauci this is how it's done

I may not agree with Hollywood but I at least respect the fact this is willing to take the time to actually explain why he feels do the way he does while also using solid data to back up his points

I think that is far better than just posting a complete lie about fauci and calling him a HOAX! Lol
Hollywood
« Reply #7560 on: November 25, 2021, 04:25:54 AM »

I took it as more he's urging you to wear a mask (if you don't know if the people you're with are vaccinated).

Obviously if you don't want to wear a mask at Thanksgiving, and your host isn't telling you to wear a mask, then you don't have to.

Even if the people you're with are vaccinated, they can still spread Covid-19 to you and your family whether or not you wear a mask.  You're sitting down at the kitchen table where there is likely to be a vent pushing dry air across the room, and people touching the same dishes and utensils before shoving food into their mouth.  If you can't trust people to notify you of an ailment, then you should just stay home.  Everyone I know will stay home if they have a scratchy throat.  

Obviously I don't have to wear a mask if I don't want to wear a mask and the host isn't demanding everyone wear a mask.  That's going to be every host that's ballsy enough to throw a party, including Democrats who BS about following the guidelines.  

Fauci is F-ing idiot that people stopped listening to him when it was revealed in documents and e-mails that he took part in the covid mutation experiments in China, and tried to cover up the laboratory origins of the virus that was likely deleted from the Wuhan database.  The man is a monster.  
Hollywood
« Reply #7561 on: November 25, 2021, 04:57:23 AM »

People are all shocked cause Fauci is telling the vaccinated to wear a mask.  Yeah.  Cause it's become very obvious that the vaccinated are at much greater risk than initially alleged by Fauci and the many governmental and pharmaceutical actors pushing vaccinations down the throats of every American, and blaming the unvaccinated for all the setbacks that have occurred.  It's every evident that the medical and pharmaceutical community is lying about the number of vaccinated patients that are contracting, trasmiting, and dying from Covid-19, as well as suffering side effects from the injections that you can find videos of on Rumble.  Fauci told people that vaccinated people couldn't catch or spread the virus, which was obvious BS.  People vaccinated with the influenza shot spread it around every year.    You'd have to ignore 100 years of medical science to believe that a vaccine would stop the transmission of a virus that affects the upper and lower respiratory tract, in addition to organs like the kidneys, intestines and colon.  Fauci needs to F-ing go. It's bad enough we can't try that guy and others for crimes against humanity due to funding projects and conducting the experiments that engendered mutated coronaviruses in an unsafe setting. The whole lab-leak denial and cover-up was a F-ing serious violation of public trust.      

To prevent Covid, I wear a mask even though I'm a righty.  I was taught to do so as an EMT.  I believe it protects people from receiving higher loads of viral particles that directly enter nasal and oral pathways when an infected person breaths or talks in your direction.  It's tough for droplets and high loads of viral particles to travel below the small inflow of one's mask, because they usually drop to the ground due to their relative weight in the atmosphere, and the space between the mask and bottom of the chin makes it difficult for high viral loads from penetrating.  A strong ventilation system could pull and redirect coronavirus into the HVAC and above people in a closed space, but the top of the mask usually provides outflow that blows particles way.  Masks also prevent people from surface-to-hand-to-face transmission that quickly occurs when other people touch doors, tables, and chairs after rubbing their nose and mouth.  I might not wear a mask if I'm in a large space or sitting outdoors.  I think the reason people do not wear masks is due to government and democrat authoritative messaging that fails to provide the common sense reasons people should wear a mask.  

Also, if you want to keep people from overwhelming the hospitals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals with health issues like cancer and heart disease need to go for Monoclonal Anti-body therapy.  I think most people that got the treatment were vaccinated patients with serious issues.  The biggest benefit from such treatments is that it can work on multiple infections.  One of the issues doctors and hospitals found this summer was a resurgence of serious cold, RSV, and influenza infections that were attacking the upper respiratory system along with Covid-19.  Rhinovirus competes with, and mostly wins out against, Covid-19 in the upper respiratory tract, while covid-19 attacks the lower respiratory tract, as well as organs like the kidneys, lungs, intestines, and immune cells.  Coronavirus has been observed triggering severe infections of the common cold, COPD, and Asthma for over 40 years.  A study from march found that 15-30% of coronavirus infections triggered common colds while also infecting the lower respiratory tract, and consequently, other serious infections in the lungs like pneumonia.  I would argue that coronavirus is responsible for the significant increase in serious rhinovirus infections, and the study found that the worst cold, asthma COPD, etc. symptoms were among the old and immunocompromised patients. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7204879/

The monoclonal antibodies are great biologics that target specific illnesses, but have been repeatedly observed combating a host of other illnesses.  The FDA is constantly expanding treatment of antibody treatments.  Dupixent is an example of a monoclonal antibody that combats dermatitis, Rhinosinositus, upper respiratory infection and inflamation with nasal polyps, and Asthma.  I'm sure everyone has seen the pharmaceutical commercial with the guy taking his shirt off to jump in the pool and dancing with a floatation device.  

2016 should take some notes because if you are going to go after fauci this is how it's done

I may not agree with Hollywood but I at least respect the fact this is willing to take the time to actually explain why he feels do the way he does while also using solid data to back up his points

I think that is far better than just posting a complete lie about fauci and calling him a HOAX! Lol

Thanks.  I went back to read 2016's post.  I agree.  There's no need to make things up about Fauci, especially when the guy has such a bountiful history of terrible recommendations and dissemination of false information. 

The A-Hole said it couldn't be transmitted from human-to-human even though there were pictures of hundreds of body bags and thousands of cremation urns.  He told everyone to trust China while Social and Multi Media Democrats were censoring information from Chinese Scientists attempting to warn us about the virus. This is the reason censorship of information labelled 'misinformation' cause it comes from certain groups is completely evil.  So many people would have survived if the tech Democrats hadn't censored news for China and the Democrats.   
https://radio.foxnews.com/2020/03/27/cdc-director-reacts-to-resurfaced-tape-of-dr-anthony-fauci-downplaying-virus-threat/

Fauci has been lying about the origins of Covid-19 and the part he played in funding the mutative experiments dubbed gain-of-function research.  Had he been honest from the beginning, the United States could have prepared for the pandemic in a manner that would have saved hundreds of thousands of lives, and reduced the duration of the lockdowns that have destroyed our economy.  Non-Mainstream Republican sites were disseminating the information back in December. 

Fauci is a guy that praised Cuomo's response to the pandemic last year even though his stupid nursing home policy killed tens of thousand in his own state, and more than 100,000 nursing home residents and staff in states that followed Cuomo's homicidal mandate.  It was so frustrating back in March, April and May of last year when I was pleading with arrogant Democrats that Cuomo's policy was killing patients.  And then Cuomo illegally falsified statistics in a way that Democrats that provided solid evidence that they wished they could have presented in their articles lying about DeSantis
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-falls-silent-following-new-york-nursing-home-scandal-after-repeatedly-praising-cuomo-response/ar-BB1e30t7

If Democrats are still defending Fauci at this juncture, then it's pretty obvious that they've completely lost the plot.  Almost 60% of people want Fauci gone.  I haven't seen poll questions about him ever since those numbers came out during the summer. 
roxas11
United States

« Reply #7562 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:56 AM »

Even if the people you're with are vaccinated, they can still spread Covid-19 to you and your family whether or not you wear a mask.  You're sitting down at the kitchen table where there is likely to be a vent pushing dry air across the room, and people touching the same dishes and utensils before shoving food into their mouth.  If you can't trust people to notify you of an ailment, then you should just stay home.  Everyone I know will stay home if they have a scratchy throat.  

Obviously I don't have to wear a mask if I don't want to wear a mask and the host isn't demanding everyone wear a mask.  That's going to be every host that's ballsy enough to throw a party, including Democrats who BS about following the guidelines.  

Fauci is F-ing idiot that people stopped listening to him when it was revealed in documents and e-mails that he took part in the covid mutation experiments in China, and tried to cover up the laboratory origins of the virus that was likely deleted from the Wuhan database.  The man is a monster.  

I don't agree with any of this at all but I will say this statement does raise questions about Fauci Future

I think we can all agree that Fauci has Became a Political Lightning Rod for those on the right and that does make him a less effective messenger when it comes to being the face of the Biden pandemic response. At this point Fauci is simply too overexposed and much of what he says will simply be ignored by half the people in the county even if what he is saying is true.

Now I'm not naive about this I know that in these polarizing times any scientists who replaces Fauci will also be portrayed as the devil by at least some of the right, but the advantage of going with somebody new if that a it will be a fresh start for most Americans

Fauci remind people of the trump years and every time Americans think of him, they remember the many controversies that took place during the pandemic, including the never ending fight over the origins of the virus

Now, as said at the start of this I personally have nothing against Dr Fauci I just think in the end we may need someone new if we're going to actually help people in more conservative areas in the county

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7563 on: November 25, 2021, 06:58:45 AM »

I'm done with masks, I'm done with mandates and I'm in no rush to get boosters. If people wanna spend the rest of the decade panicking, that's on them.

I am done.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7564 on: November 25, 2021, 08:08:10 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7565 on: November 25, 2021, 08:13:22 AM »

NUT memes are better than NUT maps!!
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #7566 on: November 25, 2021, 09:50:57 AM »

People are all shocked cause Fauci is telling the vaccinated to wear a mask.

Then what was the point of getting vaccinated?

From May to July, even the CDC was very clear that if you're vaccinated, you don't need a mask.

Remember a year ago when they promised this year's holiday season would be completely normal? Where did that promise go?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7567 on: November 25, 2021, 11:32:29 AM »

I'm done with masks, I'm done with mandates and I'm in no rush to get boosters. If people wanna spend the rest of the decade panicking, that's on them.

I am done.

Some people are going to spend the rest of the decade panicking. And the unfortunate reality is that many of these people are in positions of power or influence.
compucomp

« Reply #7568 on: November 25, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »

People are all shocked cause Fauci is telling the vaccinated to wear a mask.

Then what was the point of getting vaccinated?

From May to July, even the CDC was very clear that if you're vaccinated, you don't need a mask.

Remember a year ago when they promised this year's holiday season would be completely normal? Where did that promise go?

There is something seriously wrong with this mindset and it is indicative of why the pandemic response in the USA has been so shambolic. We're not wearing masks and getting vaccines because the government told us to, we're wearing masks and getting vaccines because a highly deadly and contagious virus is still spreading widely and we want to protect ourselves and others. Somehow this has been completely lost and it's become some deal between us and the government.

The Delta variant came along and dashed our hopes for the pandemic ending, fine. That's the fault of evolution, or it's God's will if you believe in that. Why is that the government's fault? Why do you persistently keep dragging the conversation there? Are you one of those conspiratard numbskulls that believe the pandemic is engineered and controlled by governments who are using it as a ploy to lock us up in our homes?
Hollywood
« Reply #7569 on: November 25, 2021, 12:22:47 PM »

I don't agree with any of this at all but I will say this statement does raise questions about Fauci Future

I think we can all agree that Fauci has Became a Political Lightning Rod for those on the right and that does make him a less effective messenger when it comes to being the face of the Biden pandemic response. At this point Fauci is simply too overexposed and much of what he says will simply be ignored by half the people in the county even if what he is saying is true.

Now I'm not naive about this I know that in these polarizing times any scientists who replaces Fauci will also be portrayed as the devil by at least some of the right, but the advantage of going with somebody new if that a it will be a fresh start for most Americans

Fauci remind people of the trump years and every time Americans think of him, they remember the many controversies that took place during the pandemic, including the never ending fight over the origins of the virus

Now, as said at the start of this I personally have nothing against Dr Fauci I just think in the end we may need someone new if we're going to actually help people in more conservative areas in the county

You seem pretty reasonable.  We have disagreements, but that's fine.  Let me just start by saying that almost every problem and crises that the Democrats have faced this year are ones I saw coming in the Spring: Afghanistan, Inflation, immigration, and Covid-19 resurgence.  I didn't know that Sinema and Manchen would block Biden's agenda, but I did predict the attacks on Trump being used as a constant crutch that would lull Democrats away from addressing voter issues.  And keeping Fauci around is just another symptom of the never-ending attempt by Democrats to contradict Trump even when he lands on the right side of a discussion. 

So, I think Trump has been completely vindicated on the origins of Covid-19.  That's why Jon Stewart and Bill are embarrassed for Democrats that think the Coronavirus wasn't a product of the "Wuhan Coronavirus Lab".  All the Democrats and Media Outlets that continue with this myth of it's origins being from the bat in the wet market is kind of silly because the closest relatives were found in bat stool in the caves of SE Asia (Cambodia, Laos).  The research studies indicate that those strains were mutated to give the Covid strains more infectious features that can transmit and replicate in human cells with efficiency.  

Then there's the videos of Fauci lying to Congress about Gain of Function Research.  Fauci's claims were completely discredited based on the Research Studies with funding from his department, and e-mails that were later released.  I still got those messages in a folder.  

Fauci needs to go away.  It has nothing to do with his disagreement of Trump.  The guy just isn't trustworthy or reliable as administrator, and he has been caught violating US policy prohibiting gain-of-function research that he secretly restarted.  This is the guy you want handling pandemics and dictating policies?  I talk to Democrat all around my neighborhood, and I can't find one that disagrees about Fauci.  You show them the e-mails (best evidence), and the conversation ends with "I didn't know that was reported" or "I never saw this in the news."  Did you ever wonder why so many people are dropping from CNN and MSNBC?  Fox News has 50% more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined, and doubles the viewers in the key demographics.  I'm also seeing the shift in viewpoints among those age groups in the polls, but that could just be incidental. Ds should start listening to Bill, because he's trying to help you.  
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7570 on: November 25, 2021, 02:28:44 PM »

Even if the people you're with are vaccinated, they can still spread Covid-19 to you and your family whether or not you wear a mask.  You're sitting down at the kitchen table where there is likely to be a vent pushing dry air across the room, and people touching the same dishes and utensils before shoving food into their mouth.  If you can't trust people to notify you of an ailment, then you should just stay home.  Everyone I know will stay home if they have a scratchy throat. 

Obviously I don't have to wear a mask if I don't want to wear a mask and the host isn't demanding everyone wear a mask.  That's going to be every host that's ballsy enough to throw a party, including Democrats who BS about following the guidelines. 

Fauci is F-ing idiot that people stopped listening to him when it was revealed in documents and e-mails that he took part in the covid mutation experiments in China, and tried to cover up the laboratory origins of the virus that was likely deleted from the Wuhan database.  The man is a monster. 

Uhh, no. He's obviously not a monster. The guy who drove through a parade is a monster. Not Fauci. Also you think I didn't know vaccinated people can spread the virus?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7571 on: November 25, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »

Joe Biden said during the 2020 Campaign quote:

I will not shut down the Country
I will not shut down the Economy

But I will shut down the VIRUS!

So much for that!
Hollywood
« Reply #7572 on: November 25, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »

I'm concerned at the moment. During the period from the 22-23, the cold dry period in the Great Lake to NE triggered a Covid outbreak in places like PA, NY, and MI. 

As a result, I would suggest social distancing tonight and tomorrow for people that live in the Midwest, Ohio Valley, and Northeast.  Keep your house a bit humidified if you are capable.  The timing of the seasonally favorable viral conditions in the temporal areas of the US coincides with a busy travel and shopping day that's likely to increase pathogenesis due to dry air hampering the noses and throats ability to trap viral particles with mucous.  A secondary shot of cold dry air will arrive from the the 28th to the 30th.

When I lived NE, I would turn up the hot shower for a bit until the mirrors were complete fogged.  I boiled tea to keep my mucous membranes moist. I also liked to crack my window during high humidity days even though it was a bit cold outside, because it seems to work.  Humidifiers are probably the best option. 
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7573 on: November 25, 2021, 04:02:54 PM »

Good news: everyone is gonna get immunity by the Spring.
Bad news:

*Caveat first: data here is *very* preliminary, so everything could change.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7574 on: November 25, 2021, 04:16:21 PM »

I am done.

Some people are going to spend the rest of the decade panicking. And the unfortunate reality is that many of these people are in positions of power or influence.

As far as I can see, the unwarranted panic about non-existant lockdowns and vaccines conspiracies far exceeds any continued panic about the virus among vaccinated Americans. Living in the massive left-liberal bubble that is Seattle, I don't know anyone who isn't doing in-person Thanksgiving this year (a near total 180 since last year). Meanwhile, I do apparently know someone who is spending this Thanksgiving going to DC to protest Biden's tyranny.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies