Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:28:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 115
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 169562 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 22, 2020, 05:30:10 PM »

forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #876 on: March 22, 2020, 05:33:54 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2020, 05:43:17 PM by forgotten manatee »

It makes me profoundly sad and deeply pessimistic about the country's future that a majority of Americans approve of the President's response to COVID-19. We're on a trajectory for thousands of deaths, a trajectory that could and should have been prevented. A majority of people think it is OK that the President decried the virus as a hoax for months and admitted to keeping sick Americans stuck on a cruise ship so that the number of sick people stayed artificially low.

It just goes to show that as bad as he is, the real problem is with the electorate.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #877 on: March 22, 2020, 05:34:56 PM »

I really despise the murky area that this election looks like it's going to be in for maybe even the entire year.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #878 on: March 23, 2020, 05:25:49 AM »

It makes me profoundly sad and deeply pessimistic about the country's future that a majority of Americans approve of the President's response to COVID-19. We're on a trajectory for thousands of deaths, a trajectory that could and should have been prevented. A majority of people think it is OK that the President decried the virus as a hoax for months and admitted to keeping sick Americans stuck on a cruise ship so that the number of sick people stayed artificially low.

It just goes to show that as bad as he is, the real problem is with the electorate.

America is split between modernists and primitives on issues of culture and politics. It is as if some people are living in the Jacksonian era and others are living in the Obama era. Such ensures conflicts. Maybe we are not as split as the Spanish were in the 1930's with people thinking in the age of Velasquez and others in the age of Picasso.  The ultimate winner was of course the Franco synthesis of medieval social values and modern technologies of war, repression, and production.

It was a fine synthesis for tourists, but not for the people of Spain.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #879 on: March 23, 2020, 07:42:17 AM »

America is split between modernists and primitives on issues of culture and politics. It is as if some people are living in the Jacksonian era and others are living in the Obama era. Such ensures conflicts. Maybe we are not as split as the Spanish were in the 1930's with people thinking in the age of Velasquez and others in the age of Picasso.  The ultimate winner was of course the Franco synthesis of medieval social values and modern technologies of war, repression, and production.

It was a fine synthesis for tourists, but not for the people of Spain.

I guess this country could, as a fallback,  be a zoo.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #880 on: March 23, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »

Monmouth, March 18-22, 851 adults (1-month change)

Approve 46 (+2)
Disapprove 48 (-2)

This is Trump's best-ever showing in this poll.

Some interesting coronavirus questions:

Please tell me if each of the following has done a good job or bad job dealing with the
coronavirus outbreak:

Your state's governor 72/18 (good/bad)
Federal health agencies 65/24
President Trump 50/46
Congress 42/37
Media 45/43
The public 38/45

Have the measures taken by the federal government to slow the spread of the virus been
appropriate, have they gone too far, or have they not gone far enough?

Appropriate 47
Too far 6
Not far enough 45

Same question for state government:

Appropriate 62
Too far 9
Not far enough 25
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #881 on: March 23, 2020, 01:47:25 PM »

Monmouth, March 18-22, 851 adults (1-month change)

Approve 46 (+2)
Disapprove 48 (-2)

This is Trump's best-ever showing in this poll.

Some interesting coronavirus questions:

Please tell me if each of the following has done a good job or bad job dealing with the
coronavirus outbreak:

Your state's governor 72/18 (good/bad)
Federal health agencies 65/24
President Trump 50/46
Congress 42/37
Media 45/43
The public 38/45

Have the measures taken by the federal government to slow the spread of the virus been
appropriate, have they gone too far, or have they not gone far enough?

Appropriate 47
Too far 6
Not far enough 45

Same question for state government:

Appropriate 62
Too far 9
Not far enough 25

Among RV

Approval:
48 (+4)
48 (-3)

Trump Corona Approval:
51/45
Babylon
Rookie
« Reply #882 on: March 23, 2020, 02:14:07 PM »

There is definitely a "Rally around the flag" effect going on. But as even Monmouth notes:

Trump has cast himself as a wartime president, but the small increase in his current job rating falls far short of the ‘rally round the flag’ effect past presidents have experienced,” said Murray. For example, George W. Bush’s job rating jumped nearly 30 points after 9/11 and John F. Kennedy’s approvals went up by about 10 points during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I think we'll probably see a few high quality, live interview pollsters come out and show Trump with even or positive approval ratings in the coming week. But with the economy collapsing and Trump desperately itching to pull the trigger on ending the quarantines, I cant see how his numbers stay inflated.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #883 on: March 23, 2020, 02:29:02 PM »

There is definitely a "Rally around the flag" effect going on. But as even Monmouth notes:

Trump has cast himself as a wartime president, but the small increase in his current job rating falls far short of the ‘rally round the flag’ effect past presidents have experienced,” said Murray. For example, George W. Bush’s job rating jumped nearly 30 points after 9/11 and John F. Kennedy’s approvals went up by about 10 points during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I think we'll probably see a few high quality, live interview pollsters come out and show Trump with even or positive approval ratings in the coming week. But with the economy collapsing and Trump desperately itching to pull the trigger on ending the quarantines, I cant see how his numbers stay inflated.

Welcome to the forum!  A fine first post. Smiley
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #884 on: March 23, 2020, 02:30:47 PM »

I can tell you are going to be a high quality poster already. Welcome to the forum!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #885 on: March 23, 2020, 03:25:06 PM »

You know stuff is weird when Rasmussen has Trump far lower than Monmouth...

Rasmussen

Approve- 45% (-2)
Dissaprove- 52 (-)

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_mar23
Cyrusman
« Reply #886 on: March 23, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »

Rasmussen

Approve- 45% (-2)
Dissaprove- 52 (-)

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_mar23

I seriously don’t understand Rasmussen. Their numbers change so drastically day by day
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #887 on: March 23, 2020, 05:55:18 PM »

This is so depressing. Our country of civically unaware ignoramuses will truly be the death of everything our nation ever claimed to have stood for.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #888 on: March 23, 2020, 06:14:48 PM »

This is so depressing. Our country of civically unaware ignoramuses will truly be the death of everything our nation ever claimed to have stood for.

People aren't paying attention
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: March 23, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »

You would think they would be in a time of national crisis. For those who are locked-down there isn't even much else to do but watch the media coverage...and have sex I suppose (are people doing both at the same time? Probably!).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #890 on: March 23, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »

You would think they would be in a time of national crisis. For those who are locked-down there isn't even much else to do but watch the media coverage...and have sex I suppose (are people doing both at the same time? Probably!).

It used to be what you would do be streaming.  Either that or the History Channel.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #891 on: March 23, 2020, 07:32:04 PM »

Lol
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #892 on: March 23, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »

They stopped polling these races which seems to me that Trump approvals are stablizing; otherwise, we have had daily numbers showing promising numbers for Biden +10, which he ismt gonna win by👍👍👍, more like 3.2
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #893 on: March 23, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »

Per the Monmouth poll, 20% of people are working from home (and still 'just' one-third for degree people and six-figure income earners), 35% lost income (44% amongst Indies likely driven by 49% amongst 18-34s | no disparity across income brackets)

Old people think the American public is doing a good job of handling the outbreak 52/31 and the media is at 56/32 XD XD XD Old people literally think everything is going to all be okay.
Babylon
Rookie
« Reply #894 on: March 23, 2020, 08:34:37 PM »
« Edited: March 23, 2020, 08:39:34 PM by Babylon »

If I had to guess, democrats will probably be seeing some painful poll numbers in the coming weeks(as I mentioned). However the sheer scale of this crisis is still unknown and it's far too early to grade Trump's performance or the public's overall perception of it.

I guess the most apt comparison in my lifetime would be when Obama entered the White House in 2009. We were in a time of economic crisis, not unlike what we are dealing with now. Obama was the beneficiary of the "Rally around the Flag" effect. After his inauguration, he had a net approval rating of +40%. Yes, some of that was his honeymoon phase, but that net approval of +40% was more than double that of Bill Clinton and W. Bush when they first entered office. Anyway, his numbers gradually declined over 2009 for the very reason that he couldn't snap his fingers and fix the economic crisis(with some fearmongering on the right about The Affordable Care Act added in for good measure). Obama was barely above water in January of 2010.

While its not an apples to apples comparison(less time but Trump's bump is much smaller), I do believe that if this crisis lingers, the rally effect currently helping Trump will not last until the election. Even if Trump is not responsible for it, history tell us that the American people will start blaming him for the sole reason that he cant snap his fingers and fix everything.

I don't pertain to know whats going to happen, but I can hazard a guess that if this crisis lasts until November, Trump may very well be the underdog.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #895 on: March 24, 2020, 12:01:08 AM »

There has probably been a tiny “rally round the flag” effect in Trump’s favor the last week or so, maybe 2-3 points.  But it’s really pathetic compared to what we should normally expect.

I saw a recent poll showing that the Italian PM’s approval had jumped 27 points (from 44% to 71%!) since the start of the coronavirus crisis.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2020, 05:35:56 AM »

There has probably been a tiny “rally round the flag” effect in Trump’s favor the last week or so, maybe 2-3 points.  But it’s really pathetic compared to what we should normally expect.

I saw a recent poll showing that the Italian PM’s approval had jumped 27 points (from 44% to 71%!) since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

This is terrifying. It's bad enough if Trump wins despite COVID-19, it's far worse if he wins because of COVID-19.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2020, 05:48:18 AM »

We havent seen much of Biden, and the rallies are hurting Dems more than Rs, and there havent been much polling. But, there has been no stimulus checks paid yet. Until the campaign gets going, Trump has an advantage.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #898 on: March 24, 2020, 05:54:19 AM »

Rasmussen

Approve- 45% (-2)
Dissaprove- 52 (-)

Given how Rasmussen is and in comparison to other pollsters...I could totally buy Trump's approval dropping among Republicans while improving among independents right now, which obviously tells you which pollster's numbers are more reflective of any final GE outcome.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #899 on: March 24, 2020, 05:57:58 AM »

"Rally around the flag" just goes to show that Americans are the biggest state worshiping cucks on the planet, right after the Brits and their carpet munching of the royal family.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 115  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies