NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:53:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 169
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 93366 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: June 08, 2023, 08:14:01 PM »

I feel like Jack Smith really stepped in it by bringing the case in Florida and not Washington. Now Trump is going to get a jury of 12 MAGA cult members when his trial rolls around.

It probably will be a jury of non voters
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1376 on: June 08, 2023, 08:21:41 PM »

I feel like Jack Smith really stepped in it by bringing the case in Florida and not Washington. Now Trump is going to get a jury of 12 MAGA cult members when his trial rolls around.

It probably will be a jury of non voters

Not likely. Most juries are selected from lists of registered voters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1377 on: June 08, 2023, 08:22:05 PM »

Hopefully the Justice Department pursues the Death Penalty against Trump. If there ever was a good case for the Espionage Act (or just straight up Treason), it's here.

Should delete this mate, we don’t want the feds raiding Atlas.

The feds would probably uncover a right wing terror plot amongst the blue avatars
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1378 on: June 08, 2023, 08:22:47 PM »

I hate Trump, but he doesn’t deserve the death penalty (no one does). Trump has already gotten to be the exception to so many things, he doesn’t deserve any more special treatment.

Yeah, I'm on record as being among the biggest Trump haters among many on this forum, and this is not a death penalty case.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1379 on: June 08, 2023, 08:23:54 PM »

NBC just played Trump's video response he posted on Truth Social.

It's a load of total malarkey!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1380 on: June 08, 2023, 08:24:12 PM »

If Trump even spends one day in prison for any of his crimes, then it would be one of the greatest things to happen in American history.

Hopefully, he serves at the very least a year in prison.

I predict it will be a race between whether Bureau of Prisons claims Trump after exhaustion of appeals, or the Grim Reaper does considering his age.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1381 on: June 08, 2023, 08:32:26 PM »

oh hell ya is the fat organge finally gonna get put in the slammer
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1382 on: June 08, 2023, 08:32:47 PM »

FAMILY GUY TRIGGER WARNING:

(Scene: The Griffin family is sitting in their living room, watching the news on TV. The headline reads: "Trump Indicted for Classified Documents")

Lois: (Gasps) Oh my goodness! Did you hear that, Peter? Trump was indicted for illegally holding onto classified documents!

Peter: (Chuckles) Well, Lois, I guess you could say he's got a "Trump" card up his sleeve, huh?

(Just then, a cutaway gag begins, transporting the Griffins to a South Florida courtroom.)

Judge: (Bangs gavel) Order in the court! We are here today to address the charges against Donald J. Trump for unlawfully retaining classified documents.

(Trump, wearing a suit and his signature red tie, stands in front of the judge, surrounded by lawyers.)

Stewie: (Wide-eyed) Oh, dear. It looks like the big man himself is in quite the pickle.

Peter: (Grinning) Yeah, and we're here to see it all unfold! (He holds up a bucket of popcorn.)

Meg: (Rolls her eyes) Dad, this is a serious matter!

Peter: (Nonchalantly) Eh, let's just enjoy the show, Meg. We're in a courtroom, it's like dinner theater but with less dinner and more judges.

(As the trial proceeds, the cutaway shifts to various comedic moments.)

Cutaway 1:

Brian: (Disguised as a lawyer) Your Honor, I would like to present Exhibit A: a tweet by Mr. Trump that says, "Just had a tremendous lunch with my good friend Classified. Great guy, really knows how to keep a secret!"

Judge: (Raises an eyebrow) Mr. Trump, care to explain?

Trump: (Smirking) Your Honor, I was merely being sarcastic. Everyone knows I'm tremendous at sarcasm.

Cutaway 2:

(Chris is seen pretending to be a secret agent, stealthily sneaking into Trump's house.)

Chris: (Whispering) This is Operation Document Retrieval. I repeat, Operation Document Retrieval.

(Peter bursts through the door, dressed as an FBI agent, holding a box of documents.)

Peter: (Excitedly) Got 'em, Chris! Now we just need to find the nearest shredder!

(They both proceed to run through the house, tripping over furniture in a slapstick manner.)

Cutaway 3:

(Meg walks into a room where Trump is surrounded by stacks of papers.)

Meg: Mr. Trump, the world needs to know what's in those documents!

Trump: (Smirking) You want to know? I'll tell you, Meg. It's a secret recipe for the best spray tan in the world!

Meg: (Rolls her eyes) That's not classified, Mr. Trump. That's just embarrassing.

(The courtroom cutaway ends, and the Griffins are back in their living room.)

Stewie: Well, I suppose that was an eventful trip to the courtroom, wasn't it?

Peter: Yeah, but you know what they say, Stewie: truth is stranger than fiction, especially on TV!

(They all laugh as the scene fades out.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1383 on: June 08, 2023, 08:36:33 PM »

[Beavis and Butthead are sitting on their couch, watching TV. The news anchor is reporting on the recent developments regarding Donald Trump.]

News Anchor: Breaking news, folks! Former President Donald Trump has been indicted for alleged mishandling of classified documents. The charges claim that he unlawfully held onto sensitive information during his tenure. This has sparked a major legal battle that could have serious consequences for Trump's future.

Butthead: Hehehe, Trump is like, a dumbass. He probably thought "classified" meant, like, a new flavor of nachos or something, huh huh.

Beavis: Yeah, he's such a buttmunch. I bet he was just keeping those documents to draw, like, dumb pictures of himself with a mustache, huh huh.

Butthead: Yeah, like that time he drew on his passport photo, hehehe. Trump's probably gonna try to bribe someone to get out of this mess. That's what rich guys do, right?

Beavis: Yeah, like, give 'em a bunch of money and they'll do whatever you want. Butthead, we should become rich so we can, like, bribe people too!

Butthead: Yeah, Beavis, we'll have all the nachos we want! We'll be like, "Hey, Mr. President, we'll give you a million dollars if you put us in charge of, like, fire or something."

Beavis: Fire! Hehehe, yeah! And then we can, like, watch stuff burn and say, "Fire! Fire!" That would be cool.

Butthead: Yeah, and everyone will be like, "Whoa, Beavis and Butthead are like, the fire kings!" Huh huh.

[Beavis and Butthead laugh hysterically, imagining themselves as powerful and wealthy individuals.]

Beavis: We should call Trump's lawyer, huh huh. Maybe he can teach us how to become rich and bribe people.

Butthead: Yeah, but let's make sure we don't accidentally call the plumber again. Remember what happened last time? We had poop water all over the place. Huh huh.

Beavis: Oh yeah, that sucked. Let's just stick to watching dumb stuff on TV and laughing at people like Trump. Hehehe.

[Beavis and Butthead continue to watch TV, giggling as they make fun of various news segments. Their plan for wealth and power forgotten, they find entertainment in their usual mischief and stupidity.]
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1384 on: June 08, 2023, 08:56:57 PM »

Why don’t we move the posts about this to thread about the actual scandal? We already have a classified documents thread.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1385 on: June 08, 2023, 08:59:28 PM »

You do know that Biden beat Trump in Miami-Dade County?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1386 on: June 08, 2023, 09:00:58 PM »

If Trump could be prosecuted for mishandling classified documents, couldn’t Biden and Pence be as well?
Pence was cleared a few days ago
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1387 on: June 08, 2023, 09:20:30 PM »

You do know that Biden beat Trump in Miami-Dade County?

And I’m sure the jurors will be people who are disconnected from the news to an almost offensive extent, like the Georgia forewoman.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1388 on: June 08, 2023, 10:11:18 PM »

The territory covered by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida voted Biden 55.42% - Trump 43.80%.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1389 on: June 08, 2023, 10:31:21 PM »

The territory covered by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida voted Biden 55.42% - Trump 43.80%.

But it only takes one you're out of 12 to hang the whole damn thing. Smith needs to investigate and question that jury panel so so close.

I know the indictment just dropped hours ago and it is probably grossly premature to say this, but from all I've read and from having done criminal law for almost three decades, my gut is telling me that as long as they can keep any hardcore MAGA heads off the jury pool, and by that I don't even mean all Trump voters, then Trump will go down.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1390 on: June 08, 2023, 10:33:12 PM »

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1391 on: June 08, 2023, 11:07:24 PM »

That's why it's gonna be a landslide Eday it's not gonna be a typical Eday

If your landslide Eday lasts for more than four hours seek immediate medical attention
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1392 on: June 08, 2023, 11:08:14 PM »

If Trump could be prosecuted for mishandling classified documents, couldn’t Biden and Pence be as well?

The issue isn't so much Trump took classified docs by accident. It's that he knowingly hid them from the Feds. From all reports, Biden and Pence alerted the Feds immediately when they discovered the docs.

They don't do nuance. Your 35 words is way too complicated of a concept for most Trumpers to wrap their heads around.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1393 on: June 08, 2023, 11:13:28 PM »

Good to know. Hopefully only jurors who aren't hyper pattisans are picked.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1394 on: June 08, 2023, 11:16:52 PM »

Federal ones are not publicly released.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1395 on: June 08, 2023, 11:27:36 PM »

Good to know. Hopefully only jurors who aren't hyper pattisans are picked.

Anyone who could be described as “hyper partisan” wouldn’t make it to the jury pool.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1396 on: June 09, 2023, 12:18:47 AM »

My aunt compared Trump to Nelson Mandela in case you’re still wondering how octogenarians think.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1397 on: June 09, 2023, 02:29:54 AM »

Gooooood.....everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen it.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #1398 on: June 09, 2023, 03:17:57 AM »

My aunt compared Trump to Nelson Mandela in case you’re still wondering how octogenarians think.

I'd say it only shows, if it shows anything, how your aunt thinks. I'm sure I've made some quirky comparisons, but I'm not going to claim that they are representative of all 20-somethings.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1399 on: June 09, 2023, 03:26:06 AM »

That's a curious comparison for so many reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 169  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies