NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 04:45:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 172
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 97335 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 09, 2023, 05:08:52 AM »

It's over for Rs they won't win another Eday cycle after this
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1401 on: June 09, 2023, 07:12:51 AM »

My aunt compared Trump to Nelson Mandela in case you’re still wondering how octogenarians think.

I'd say it only shows, if it shows anything, how your aunt thinks. I'm sure I've made some quirky comparisons, but I'm not going to claim that they are representative of all 20-somethings.

Yeah, one person is not representative of a whole generation.  Counterexample to the OP: my mother lived into her 80s and was a staunch Republican her whole life, but she despised Donald Trump.  She voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, while voting straight R downballot.  (Her 2020 vote was both pro-Biden and anti-Trump; she quite liked Biden, as did many of the other residents in her assisted living home.)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1402 on: June 09, 2023, 08:04:45 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2023, 08:09:33 AM by Koharu »

My aunt compared Trump to Nelson Mandela in case you’re still wondering how octogenarians think.

I'd say it only shows, if it shows anything, how your aunt thinks. I'm sure I've made some quirky comparisons, but I'm not going to claim that they are representative of all 20-somethings.

Yeah, one person is not representative of a whole generation.  Counterexample to the OP: my mother lived into her 80s and was a staunch Republican her whole life, but she despised Donald Trump.  She voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, while voting straight R downballot.  (Her 2020 vote was both pro-Biden and anti-Trump; she quite liked Biden, as did many of the other residents in her assisted living home.)

Yep, exactly. Another one: My dad is 85 and he voted for Obama in 2008 & 2012 after a lifetime of being a Republican (whereas I, in my 20s, voted for McCain and Gary Johnson lol). He primaried for Bernie in 2016 (and voted for Hillary) and has been a hard-core Democrat in these last few years. He particularly hates Trump, too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1403 on: June 09, 2023, 08:15:15 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2023, 08:21:39 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

When we finally get a Trial a resolution to the matter Trump credibility will be shot but an indictment is just like impeachment it's accusations just like Hunter probe

That's why Trump is still doing well in polls it's like impeachment to voters there's no Trial but it's gonna matter more in a GE than Primary

But a Trial is likely to happen after Nov 24 anyways, that's why they are taking their sweet time indicting Trump they can't really do anything until he loses for sure in 24

Rs already lost the blue wall with no guilty verdict in 20/22 anyways

The H is already gone for Rs anyways and S aside from WV and FL looks good for us that's why I have wave insurance we have good candidates
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1404 on: June 09, 2023, 08:46:52 AM »

He literally admitted to doing the crime he's being accused of .... on tape

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1405 on: June 09, 2023, 08:54:18 AM »

It's over for Rs even if DeSantis is the nomination they won't win they will lose in a landslide and polls don't matter it's about what we do in Eday

Most of Trump polls are MOE and Biden polls are outside margin of error like NC 3 pts inside MOE
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1406 on: June 09, 2023, 10:17:27 AM »

He literally admitted to doing the crime he's being accused of .... on tape

There's a reason his lawyers never want him to testify. Although Mr. Trump thinks he's the smartest man on the planet and that he can run circles with investigators and judges.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1407 on: June 09, 2023, 11:33:47 AM »

Am i reading right? the judge overseeing the case is the one who Trump appointed and is the one who issued the “special master” to slow down the examination of the documents?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1408 on: June 09, 2023, 11:35:05 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2023, 11:38:30 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Am i reading right? the judge overseeing the case is the one who Trump appointed and is the one who issued the “special master” to slow down the examination of the documents?

I doesn't matter it's gonna be a jury verdict when it goes to Trial anyways the Judge only sentences the Defendant once a verdict is issued, verdicts are likely to be appealed but since the SCOTUS already said that Biden should be Prez it's unlikely an Appeals CRT overturned his Trump convicted sentence the same SCOTUS is gonna review any Conviction and it will be DENIED LIKE ALL HIS APPEALS ON EDAY FRAUD
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1409 on: June 09, 2023, 11:39:03 AM »

Yes but she'll probably recuse or be forced to recuse.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1410 on: June 09, 2023, 12:23:05 PM »

If Trump even spends one day in prison for any of his crimes, then it would be one of the greatest things to happen in American history.

Hopefully, he serves at the very least a year in prison.

I still don't see Trump serving even one day in federal prison, even with a Democratic president. The pressure the latter will be under to pardon, let alone commute, Trump for the supposed "good of the country" would be enormous and I definitely don't see a centrist like Biden withstanding it. It's just like with the former Confederate leaders and Nixon.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1411 on: June 09, 2023, 12:32:46 PM »

Yeah, one person is not representative of a whole generation.  Counterexample to the OP: my mother lived into her 80s and was a staunch Republican her whole life, but she despised Donald Trump.  She voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Joe Biden in 2020, while voting straight R downballot.  (Her 2020 vote was both pro-Biden and anti-Trump; she quite liked Biden, as did many of the other residents in her assisted living home.)

Yep, exactly. Another one: My dad is 85 and he voted for Obama in 2008 & 2012 after a lifetime of being a Republican (whereas I, in my 20s, voted for McCain and Gary Johnson lol). He primaried for Bernie in 2016 (and voted for Hillary) and has been a hard-core Democrat in these last few years. He particularly hates Trump, too.

Wow, this describes my dad to a T.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1412 on: June 09, 2023, 02:00:51 PM »

If Trump could be prosecuted for mishandling classified documents, couldn’t Biden and Pence be as well?

Technically, they could, but they will not.
They did not willfully take and/or hide documents from the Feds.
They immediately admitted to having some, and invited federal authorities to check their storage areas for the possibility of other documents that were stored by them in error.
This is a Day-And-Night difference between what the Orange Buffoon did.

That’s dumb. If they mishandled classified documents, they should be indicted.

If you commit a crime and co-operate with police, your sentence MAY be lessened, but you will still be charged with a crime.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1413 on: June 09, 2023, 02:03:11 PM »

If Trump could be prosecuted for mishandling classified documents, couldn’t Biden and Pence be as well?

They immediately admitted to having some, and invited federal authorities to check their storage areas for the possibility of other documents that were stored by them in error.

If you commit a crime and co-operate with police, your sentence MAY be lessened, but you will still be charged with a crime.

You can thank me later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1414 on: June 09, 2023, 02:04:38 PM »

I can already tell that this is gonna have to be said over & over again through the end of proceedings & beyond since it's already been repeated ad nauseum in relation to both the Hillary case & this very case over the last 10 months, but the standard is willful mishandling; you can't ignore inconvenient words like that just because you (politically) don't like them.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1415 on: June 09, 2023, 02:04:54 PM »

If Trump even spends one day in prison for any of his crimes, then it would be one of the greatest things to happen in American history.

I still don't see Trump serving even one day in federal prison, even with a Democratic president. The pressure the latter will be under to pardon, let alone commute, Trump for the supposed "good of the country" would be enormous and I definitely don't see a centrist like Biden withstanding it. It's just like with the former Confederate leaders and Nixon.

This is dooming to an extreme. If he doesn’t go to prison after being convicted it’ll be due to the practical issues of secret service protection within prison - not because Biden would pardon him.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1416 on: June 09, 2023, 02:08:32 PM »

I still just can't get over the laughable stupidity here. All he had to do to not wind up here was give the government back its own property when literally being asked for it. This indictment was frankly more avoidable than it is unprecedented.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1417 on: June 09, 2023, 02:10:23 PM »

This is silly. What pressure? From MAGA land? Biden would do no such thing, under any circumstances.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1418 on: June 09, 2023, 03:28:58 PM »

This is dooming to an extreme. If he doesn’t go to prison after being convicted it’ll be due to the practical issues of secret service protection within prison - not because Biden would pardon him.

They could always create a makeshift (country club) prison specifically for him, but if getting some sort of (symbolic) house arrest doesn't count as prison, that would be a fair point.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1419 on: June 09, 2023, 03:33:15 PM »

They could always create a makeshift (country club) prison specifically for him, but if getting some sort of (symbolic) house arrest doesn't count as prison, that would be a fair point.

It would be way cheaper to just put fencing around Bedminister then to build a whole new wing in a prison just for him .

They probably would still cut of his internet access , limit who he can visit etc so it would still be like an actual prison
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1420 on: June 09, 2023, 03:39:05 PM »

This is silly. What pressure? From MAGA land? Biden would do no such thing, under any circumstances.

Presumably from media organizations like CNN, which support Democrats over Republicans but Trump over his intra-party opponents.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1421 on: June 09, 2023, 03:41:04 PM »

Presumably from media organizations like CNN, which support Democrats over Republicans but Trump over his intra-party opponents.

I can't envision Biden pardoning Trump under any circumstances.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1422 on: June 09, 2023, 03:48:03 PM »

What about a commutation?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1423 on: June 09, 2023, 03:50:47 PM »

What about a commutation?

I think that would not be impossible under the right conditions, but it's still unlikely.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1424 on: June 09, 2023, 03:58:11 PM »

Unless Trump admits the crimes he committed and apologizes for them there is absolutely no reason for Biden to pardon Trump.
And we all know how likely is for Trump to do something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies