SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:21:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 103875 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: June 25, 2022, 10:02:18 PM »

I don't know why you think this was a valid response. When I asked you for evidence that a fetus is a baby (read: sentient and autonomous in its own right), you responded with a handful of definitions from a handful of medical dictionaries.

How does your response address the implicit question of sentience and autonomy?

I provided you with a definition for baby from a medical dictionary.  You don't get to move the goalposts with your own unsupported definition.

Editing to also add that playing along with your unsupported definition, sentience begins while the baby is still in the womb, and a newborn baby isn't completely autonomous, so you might want to decide which definition you value more.

Moving goalposts is what they do best.

Even a cursory online search would demonstrate that farlex medical dictionary is an online user based resource. It's damn near the equivalent of Wikipedia for medical dictionaries. But then that would kind of defeat the argument of the religious zealots here, wouldn't it?

I'm sorry to hear you lacked the ability to read past the first example, because I provided more than one. Which is significantly more than our friend who provided none despite claiming on numerous posts his side was more supported.

Those are certainly words. None of which just proved my point, which unfortunately demonstrates that you are basically citing the medical dictionary equivalent of WebMD as a definitive medical resource to support your own religious views as some sort of incontrovertible scientific truth.

Says the guy who also makes no effort to back his claims.

Says the gal too lazy to do them modicum of online research. Or should I say to fanatical?

As usual, your posts demonstrate intellectual laziness.

And somehow you still haven't disproved anything I said.

Better luck next time, honey Badger.

YOU are the one sighting this thing is some sort of medical treatise worthy of belief. The burden of proof is on

I invite anyone reading this discourse to do their own 90-second online search to demonstrate that, per usual, f t g h n is talking out of her ass.

I have provided multiple sources to back my argument. You're the one who only read one line, decided that was the only one you'd focus on, and provide not a single source to disprove anything I said, including the one line you are focusing on.

You have sited sources but haven't proven anything. You are talking out of your private part.

Interesting, there seems to be nothing there disproving anything I said. Please, enlighten me.

I have tangled with you before. I have learned first hand that you are beyond enlightening, and I say that respectfully.

Thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion, I suppose?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1876 on: June 25, 2022, 10:03:38 PM »

I don't know why you think this was a valid response. When I asked you for evidence that a fetus is a baby (read: sentient and autonomous in its own right), you responded with a handful of definitions from a handful of medical dictionaries.

I provided you with a definition for baby from a medical dictionary.  You don't get to move the goalposts with your own unsupported definition.

Editing to also add that playing along with your unsupported definition, sentience begins while the baby is still in the womb, and a newborn baby isn't completely autonomous, so you might want to decide which definition you value more.

Even a cursory online search would demonstrate that farlex medical dictionary is an online user based resource. It's damn near the equivalent of Wikipedia for medical dictionaries. But then that would kind of defeat the argument of the religious zealots here, wouldn't it?

I'm sorry to hear you lacked the ability to read past the first example, because I provided more than one. Which is significantly more than our friend who provided none despite claiming on numerous posts his side was more supported.

Those are certainly words. None of which just proved my point, which unfortunately demonstrates that you are basically citing the medical dictionary equivalent of WebMD as a definitive medical resource to support your own religious views as some sort of incontrovertible scientific truth.

Says the gal too lazy to do them modicum of online research. Or should I say to fanatical?

YOU are the one sighting this thing is some sort of medical treatise worthy of belief. The burden of proof is on

I invite anyone reading this discourse to do their own 90-second online search to demonstrate that, per usual, f t g h n is talking out of her ass.

I have provided multiple sources to back my argument. You're the one who only read one line, decided that was the only one you'd focus on, and provide not a single source to disprove anything I said, including the one line you are focusing on.

You have sited sources but haven't proven anything. You are talking out of your private part.

Interesting, there seems to be nothing there disproving anything I said. Please, enlighten me.

I have tangled with you before. I have learned first hand that you are beyond enlightening, and I say that respectfully.

No I haven't added anything to this personal discussion, I'm just here because you spout off such crap that someone has to call you on it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1877 on: June 25, 2022, 10:06:29 PM »

No I haven't added anything to this personal discussion, I'm just here because you spout off such crap that someone has to call you on it.

Cool, hope that made you feel better.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1878 on: June 25, 2022, 10:07:04 PM »

This is Rep. Mary Miller (IL-15).  The full quote, which is quite clear, is: "President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America, I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday."

...Legitimately horrifying.

Miller’s congressional office didn’t immediately return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Saturday evening. The Trump rally comes as Miller, who already received Trump’s endorsement, looks for a turnout boast ahead of a Tuesday primary as she faces off against Rep. Rodney Davis (R-IL)
https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-rep-mary-miller-thanks-trump-for-giving-white-life-a-win

I mean, they're just gonna start saying it out loud now? I guess that was inevitable at some point but people really need to wake up here.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1879 on: June 25, 2022, 10:17:34 PM »

As if they don't seemingly realize it's disproportionately going to be a bunch of unwanted non-white babies popping out going forward
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1880 on: June 25, 2022, 10:24:38 PM »

As if they don't seemingly realize it's disproportionately going to be a bunch of unwanted non-white babies popping out going forward

This is one of the most frequent debates that /pol/ has. The camps seems to be divided into "This is good because women are bad" to "Abortion is good because it means fewer black babies" to "Abortion is bad because white women still get abortions too." If anything, you can learn more about how people feel from a 4chan post because it's totally anonymous there, and it may not quite have the traffic of Twitter (in part because since it was sold you need to buy an account to bypass reCAPTCHA - thanks for that, moot) but there's not a really an active left segment on 4chan today at this point. Dirtbag or otherwise.

I really need to just resist the urge to keep going back to "check on things."
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1881 on: June 25, 2022, 11:54:37 PM »

This is Rep. Mary Miller (IL-15).  The full quote, which is quite clear, is: "President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America, I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday."

She’s very underrated as an awful Congresswoman. Remember when she said “Hitler was right” (about using propaganda in education so you can get em while they’re young) on January 6?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1882 on: June 26, 2022, 12:42:01 AM »

She’s very underrated as an awful Congresswoman. Remember when she said “Hitler was right” (about using propaganda in education so you can get em while they’re young) on January 6?

She is the worst of the worst and gets me mad folks like her would get elected and not even vulnerable to a primary challenge.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1883 on: June 26, 2022, 12:51:24 AM »

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1884 on: June 26, 2022, 01:34:03 AM »

Hard to tell how much people like this genuinely believe in Nazism and how much it’s just a fun game to them, just another way of owning the libs. I guess it doesn’t matter, ultimately.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1885 on: June 26, 2022, 01:51:55 AM »

Hard to tell how much people like this genuinely believe in Nazism and how much it’s just a fun game to them, just another way of owning the libs. I guess it doesn’t matter, ultimately.

It does not, especially since the same could be said of several members of Hitler's Cabinet, even after the first few years.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1886 on: June 26, 2022, 05:34:19 AM »

It's going to be very sad when Senator Dick's Sporting Goods (D-PA) loses re-election in November!
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1887 on: June 26, 2022, 07:21:07 AM »

She is the worst of the worst and gets me mad folks like her would get elected and not even vulnerable to a primary challenge.

It's too late for this year.  If I recall correctly, IL has one of the EARLIEST primary dates in the nation.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1888 on: June 26, 2022, 07:31:26 AM »

Same poll shows that the decision is very unpopular (31-47) and well over two thirds of people in trigger law states think that outright bans go too far.

Of course you picked the one question Republicans win on to post.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1889 on: June 26, 2022, 07:42:00 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2022, 07:55:05 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I keep seeing these protest in TV and energized that we are gonna have a Great Election cycle but then when you see these inflated prices then  you get pessimistic, we have enough seats in both chambers of Congress to hold our Majorities it all depends on Turnout are the young people gonna turnout in droves like the did in 2020 during Floyd

Thomas has his Crt that he wants now and there will absolutely be no check on him even if Rs take control of the H, but if D's get the Trifecta then he will be restraining because fear of Crt packing

We have IA, TX, NC, FL and OH that can go either way

Here's the media firestorm over Worldwide reaction to Thomas overturn of Roe

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-shocked-outraged-saddened-overturning-185031296.html

I remember Bush W says I am a compassionate Conservative and best Kerry, but Edwards was Gaffe prone Wes Clark was a much better pick but no do overs and feel your pain and voters got Samuel Alito the same with Trump he didn't run as a Tea Party conservative he was part of the Reform Party movement before Palin endorsed him in 2016

But, they had leeway with female voters Ginsberg swing seat kept Roe at the Federal levels

Even before the insurrection Trump, the reason why Rs did well in 2020 he didn't appear as a Tea Partier, now with Insurrectionists like Johnson, Hawley and Cruz are forever tainted by Tea party, that's why Johnson is at 37% and will lose he isn't at 60%
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1890 on: June 26, 2022, 08:11:42 AM »

It's too late for this year.  If I recall correctly, IL has one of the EARLIEST primary dates in the nation.

Redistricting put her in a primary with Rep. Rodney Davis.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1891 on: June 26, 2022, 08:41:28 AM »

Redistricting put her in a primary with Rep. Rodney Davis.

And the primary is this Tuesday (June 28).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1892 on: June 26, 2022, 08:52:10 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1893 on: June 26, 2022, 09:28:23 AM »

I'm more intrigued by the 8% of Dems and 10% of indies who are LESS likely to vote. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1894 on: June 26, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »

I'm more intrigued by the 8% of Dems and 10% of indies who are LESS likely to vote. 

Most likely people who believe that Democrats could've done something to prevent this and deliberately chose not to so they are not going to vote because of that.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1895 on: June 26, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »

There are polls asking opinions of American institutions where something like 3% of people say they’ve never heard of “the police.” Don’t think too much about the outliers.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1896 on: June 26, 2022, 09:42:30 AM »

There are polls asking opinions of American institutions where something like 3% of people say they’ve never heard of “the police.” Don’t think too much about the outliers.

And yet in the same poll, 8% have heard of "Sting". 

(Seriously though, I agree). 
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1897 on: June 26, 2022, 10:21:31 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2022, 10:26:05 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

CBS/YouGov poll results are devastating for Republicans. A majority of Americans are now convinced that the Supreme Court is "likely" to limit same-sex marriage and birth control. I looked at the crosstabs and virtually all Democratic-leaning Americans believe this:

Various right-wing SC justices lying with impunity on Roe vs. Wade means that none of their statements have any credibility with Americans, who now assume that they will push a Falangist agenda. This also means that Americans will associate Republicans with Falangism, even if the association isn't particularly fair. The assumption among ~50% of Americans will be that Republicans want to outlaw same-sex marriage, ban or heavily limit birth control etc.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1898 on: June 26, 2022, 10:36:24 AM »

15 % of american apparently think they beat an elephant in an unarmed fight.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1899 on: June 26, 2022, 10:37:11 AM »

15 % of american apparently think they beat an elephant in an unarmed fight.

I foresee an upcoming reality show.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies