WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:06:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 25005 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2022, 06:46:14 PM »

After todays Vote Manchin is TOAST in 2024.

There are now more Registered Republicans living in WV compared to Democrats.

Manchins Vote Share is steadily declining and regardless whom the GOP POTUS Nominee is that Seat is now almost a lock for Republicans. Manchin got only 49 % in a D-Midterm Wave Year and ran against a guy with a lot of Skeletons.

If Mooney takes his shot in 2024 I think Manchin bails on Re-Election, maybe switches Races and runs for Governor again.

Manchin has already made it clear that he will run for another term in 2024. And lose.
Manchin is blatantly ignoring some facts that WV 2024 will not be the same State as it was in 2018.

Manchins Vote Share went from 60.57 % in 2012 to 49.47 % in 2018. That is a drop of 11 Percentage Points + he ran against a guy who had a lot of skeletons himself.

Manchin is as disllusional as Claire McCaskill, Heidi Heitkamp, Joe Donnelly who consistently thought they could fluke themselves back into Congress until they ran out of luck.

Oh I agree (not to mention 2018 was a blue wave, which 2024 won't be - it'll be a presidential election year where WV goes red by like 40 points at the top of the ballot), but I don't think Manchin is stupid. He's saying this now, sure, but what else should he say? I think he knows better than this and I think he realises very clearly that 2024 will be a very tough lift (if not impossible).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2022, 06:48:25 PM »

Manchins Vote Share is steadily declining and regardless whom the GOP POTUS Nominee is that Seat is now almost a lock for Republicans. Manchin got only 49 % in a D-Midterm Wave Year and ran against a guy with a lot of Skeletons.

If Mooney takes his shot in 2024 I think Manchin bails on Re-Election, maybe switches Races and runs for Governor again.

I agree, but I only question the first three votes (Manchin was basically DOA even before that vote), and the last part. I don't think Mooney running really convinces Manchin to retire - either he plans on retiring in any case, or he probably decides to run even if Mooney runs...Mooney is hardly some political titan. I also disagree that if Manchin retires, he runs for governor again. He'll probably find some nice lobbying job for himself instead or something like that (or maybe he'll just retire, period).
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2022, 07:04:41 PM »

I agree, but I only question the first three votes (Manchin was basically DOA even before that vote), and the last part. I don't think Mooney running really convinces Manchin to retire - either he plans on retiring in any case, or he probably decides to run even if Mooney runs...Mooney is hardly some political titan. I also disagree that if Manchin retires, he runs for governor again. He'll probably find some nice lobbying job for himself instead or something like that (or maybe he'll just retire, period).
Manchins turns 75 later this month, would be 77 by E-Day 2024.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2022, 09:56:38 PM »

Manchins turns 75 later this month, would be 77 by E-Day 2024.

Yeah, so then just plain retiring (and making sure you end your career on your own terms and not because voters rejected you - see Peterson, Collin) seems like the most likely (and sensible) move.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2022, 10:39:32 AM »

I still think what he wants in 2024 is WV-Gov.

I’m sure what you mean is he’s will settle for that.

That’s a race he can win. Senate will be an uphill battle unless by some miracle it was a Dem landslide nationally (which would bring GOP POTUS numbers from 70 down to around 60-65% which gives Manchin an outside shot. But even that is a LONGGGGG shot.

I really don’t know. At some point, polarization will get old and people in West Virginia as recently as a few years ago were voting democrat despite themselves because of the kind of obvious fact that republican policy is rly bad for poor people. Mooney is weak. If anything, he might be an easier opponent than the GOP candidate for governor. Then again, Manchin also lost to a far weaker candidate in a democratic wave year.
JMT

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2022, 10:29:17 AM »

Manchin isn't DOA, the WVA pipeline is gonna determine his fate the Ds should of passed it before Eday Trump and Vance and Don Jr pounced on WVA pipeline before Eday and Biden anti Coal remarks that's why before Sept 30 Ryan was leading and after Sept 30th Ryan was LOSING

Mary Landrieu and Braley lost Cassidy and Ernst in 2014 ran on Keystone and Obama vetoed it

Biden is gonna sign the Mountain Valley pipeline, but no Questions asked it hurt Ryan Ohio is a coal state
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022, 10:31:42 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »

Yeah Mountain Valleys is gonna determine Manchin fate whatever happens to it, Bernie Filibuster it
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2022, 10:43:04 AM »

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/11-11-2022/manchin-morrisey-24/

Morrisey weighing a bid as well
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2022, 12:20:38 PM »

Mooney's intro video is up

😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »

Looks like Morrisey is also in
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2022, 09:03:50 PM »

If Manchin wants to run again, he better hope Mooney is the GOP nominee. He might actually have a chance, as slim as it is, with Mooney as the nominee.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2022, 10:26:59 PM »

If Manchin wants to run again, he better hope Mooney is the GOP nominee. He might actually have a chance, as slim as it is, with Mooney as the nominee.

I mean, he already beat Morrisey with Trump as President lol
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2022, 06:22:29 AM »

Will be interesting to see if McKinley runs for his house seat again next year now Mooney's out of that race.

He's old but clearly wasn't willing to retire this year so who knows?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2022, 09:34:57 AM »

Will be interesting to see if McKinley runs for his house seat again next year now Mooney's out of that race.

He's old but clearly wasn't willing to retire this year so who knows?

He’s a U.S. politician in the 21st century, age isn’t a factor in retiring in today’s gerontocracy.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2022, 04:34:41 PM »

I endorse Mooney for the primary.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2022, 07:22:46 PM »

Likely R.

Should Democrats even help Manchin after all the crap he let them go through the past few years?

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2022, 09:22:11 PM »

Likely R.

Should Democrats even help Manchin after all the crap he let them go through the past few years?

I hate to say it, but cut him loose. Not because he's betrayed us so many times, but because he has no chance and would only take money away from more winnable races.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2022, 11:43:59 PM »

Likely R.

I hate to say it, but cut him loose. Not because he's betrayed us so many times, but because he has no chance and would only take money away from more winnable races.
WV is cheap to campaign in.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2022, 11:53:55 PM »

Likely R.

Oh this is wonderful news! Manchin is now guaranteed to win re-election!!!
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2022, 03:49:08 AM »

Likely R.

I want him to run simply to divert GOP resources from other competitive senate races.

I won't be crying when he loses.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2022, 06:03:15 AM »

There aren't any polls we need to wait for POLLING
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2022, 08:29:06 AM »

I don’t get the people rooting against him. He’s still better than a Republican. He still voted for a decent amount for Biden. I thought the IRA focused on the wrong things but it still was a help for Dems

He’s going to lose. But had he blocked the IRA… I think he would’ve won
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2022, 09:37:51 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2022, 09:41:53 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I don’t get the people rooting against him. He’s still better than a Republican. He still voted for a decent amount for Biden. I thought the IRA focused on the wrong things but it still was a help for Dems

He’s going to lose. But had he blocked the IRA… I think he would’ve won

He's gonna to lose and he is rallying around a WVA pipeline do you know why Landrieu lost 2014 OBAMA vetoed Keystone, Bernie and Progressives blocked Keystone Biden already said he's gonna sign it and it's gonna be in the Debt Ceiling Speaker McCarthy supports it

Also, there hasn't been any polls since Eday where are the GA, KY and WVA poll
Alot these Doomers that I haven't read like Centrist Republican and you said with Biden Low Wpprovals Ds are gonna have only 200 votes v Rs 240 well the Doomers we're wrong including yourself

I said a 52/47/1 S and 225/210 H as the D Floor and a 218/217 DH and 52 plus seats as the Ceiling I never Doom, along with Wbrooks he never Dooms either

So we never listen to the Doomers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies