WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 23190 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2023, 05:54:03 PM »

Justice is a scoundrel who doesn’t pay his bills. He’s literally Mr. Porter from its a wonderful life. I was going to say he’d been an awful candidate, but he has somehow conned the WV voters into liking him so idk

He's literally the best red-state Republican governor of note. [Even "moderate" Kemp]

Endorsed, even against Manchin.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2023, 09:02:52 PM »

Hot take: With Justice running, there’s a serious chance Manchin does worse than Blanche and he could possibly top Wesley Jones’ 1932 defeat if he stays in, and I think Manchin knows that. I expect he retires if/when Justice makes it official.

What's up with all these septuagenarians running to become freshmen senators?

In this case, I suspect it’s a consequence of the rivalry Manchin+Justice developed shortly after Justice’s party switch.

What happens to Mooney if Justice gets in?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2023, 09:57:51 PM »

This race wouldn’t be particularly close with Justice, but the idea that Republicans need Justice in order for this not to be close or particularly competitive is obviously ludicrous. Daines has already indicated that Manchin (along with Brown and Tester) is going to be nuked throughout 2023 with negative ads defining him before he can reinvent himself just in time for the election. The key to winning this race is driving down Manchin's favorables among Rs/Is, and if they manage to do that, any Republican will be favored in what will be a R+40 state.

Honestly not sure which red state Democrat is most overrated at this point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2023, 11:30:03 PM »

This race wouldn’t be particularly close with Justice, but the idea that Republicans need Justice in order for this not to be close or particularly competitive is obviously ludicrous. Daines has already indicated that Manchin (along with Brown and Tester) is going to be nuked throughout 2023 with negative ads defining him before he can reinvent himself just in time for the election. The key to winning this race is driving down Manchin's favorables among Rs/Is, and if they manage to do that, any Republican will be favored in what will be a R+40 state.

LoL there are zero Polls from any state until there are polls the incumbent is fav but Biden Documents scandal is gonna affect the red states until he is cleared
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2023, 11:33:26 PM »

I really cannot fathom why Justice is popular, I live in an area where he owns hundreds of acres of farmland and when you mention his name the first thing you hear “oh Justice, he never pays his bills.” That’s like basic level assholery so I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up being a scandal machine.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2023, 09:52:25 PM »

I agree that all three are pretty overrated and I think Democrats are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think we have a reasonable chance of holding the Senate next year. I think Brown is the most overrated honestly since everyone seems to think he's in a Tossup race which is such a dumb idea given how well Vance did against a candidate almost as good as Brown, and the fact that the Republican nominee is very likely going to be a far better candidate than Vance.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2023, 10:01:05 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2023, 10:10:18 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

LoL there are no polls for any office but since the Documents scandals it has made D's on these Fed red state races alot tougher, like now Beshear might lose but you don't have to win the PVI by 10 pts in order to won red states Obama won 52/46 not by 10 in 2008/12 no one wins by 10

But the only poll we had a as Bob Casey down by 5 before the Document gate and I know Center Street Pack inflated both Fetterman and Kelly numbers 55/33 and Ryan 48/39 and Crist and Deming's only down 50/48 and they were down in most polls even Echelon 48/41, the RS were already at 50% in FL so IAN didn't change that much the race except they won by 60/40%

Gas prices are slowly rising again it's almost 4 that's why You Gov after Documents have Biden not at 50/47 but at 44/55 what NBC had Biden at on Eday 22 Biden after Documents is back to Eday poll nbers 44/55 in You Gov and Users say Documents don't matter yes it does

It was supposed to go down 2.25 by February no it hasn't they lied, gas prices I worked at airport gas was 2.25 and 1.50 in 2008/12 Obama years that's why he was reelected
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2023, 03:37:37 PM »

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2023, 06:35:14 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks Justice could lose to Mooney? He isn't ultra-conservative and donated to Obama.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2023, 07:04:18 AM »

There are no polls
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2023, 10:36:04 AM »

Cocaine Mitch will be so distracted by Mooney that he won't notice the real America First candidate coming in
Spectator
United States

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2023, 12:33:14 AM »

Yes, my take is that a Democrat is more likely to beat Ted Cruz than that any of the three red state Dems win again.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2023, 01:37:39 AM »

I agree that all three are pretty overrated and I think Democrats are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think we have a reasonable chance of holding the Senate next year.

I thought that 2022 would have taught us to avoid making these sorts of extremely confident predictions, but alas...
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2023, 01:45:36 AM »

I agree that all three are pretty overrated and I think Democrats are setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think we have a reasonable chance of holding the Senate next year.

I thought that 2022 would have taught us to avoid making these sorts of extremely confident predictions, but alas...

It is not extremely confident to say that “I think Democrats have a pretty uphill battle to hold the Senate” next year. All of the evidence points that way, also after 2016+2020, I thought that people would give up on the Bloomerism.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2023, 05:33:42 AM »
« Edited: January 28, 2023, 05:39:59 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Yes, my take is that a Democrat is more likely to beat Ted Cruz than that any of the three red state Dems win again.

LoL Beshear is winning in red state KY lol that's wrong, users, especially blue avatarscontinue to ignore the MXDX poll showing Beshear up by 9 and say Manchin, Brown and Tester are definitely losing and there isn't a single 24 polls that's why S019 R nut map was wrong he makes a Ratings map it's called a user prediction I was bold to predict Ryan, Bullock wins but our maps aren't ratings map if you go by ratings Cook and Sabato predicted KS Gov to go R it didn't

Why do you think user 2016 is on the 24 board not the Congressional board his candidate Cameron is losing by 9 to Beshear, we are just giving our opinions users are just as wrong about KS and KY Gov as I was on OH, NC Sen in 22
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »

He pinned this tweet. Justice is running.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2023, 11:56:16 AM »

Good. Justice is probably the least conservative possible candidate who can still win in today’s Wst Virginia.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2023, 12:19:34 PM »

When will he officially announce?
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2023, 06:35:17 PM »

When will he officially announce?
Within 30 days
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2023, 07:06:56 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Senate races this cycle are starting much earlier than usual?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2023, 08:28:03 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Senate races this cycle are starting much earlier than usual?

This one def, and AZ's unique situation has already given it a lot of attention. There's quite a few key races that still haven't gotten much media though.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2023, 08:28:26 PM »

Consider it's WV, we could have much much worse than a Capito-Justice delegation.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2023, 08:28:40 PM »

It's not you. Not this time.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2023, 08:34:19 PM »

Why would you want to be a first term Senator as a 73 year old? I'm really not against it, he'd clear the GOP field and as other have said would be the least bad Republican possible, it's just weird to me. When I'm 73 I'd wanna be chilling on a beach somewhere with a pina colada and a girl who's 40 years younger than me, not in C*ngress.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2023, 07:36:28 AM »

Yeah,
At this Point I think Justice will run to unseat Manchin and maybe even coax Manchin into an early Retirement.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies