2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:51:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 85705 times)
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: August 02, 2022, 11:03:10 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2276 on: August 02, 2022, 11:03:16 PM »

Tbf Murray getting only 54% would be underwhelming considering shes the incumbent D with no serious liberal opposition. I expect it'll get higher though.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2277 on: August 02, 2022, 11:03:41 PM »

That being said, everyone has an active democratic duty and I feel like few of even red avatars really understand what that means.

It means not voting for Trump, ever, under any circumstances.

You would have failed your duty in 2016, if Belgium was a real country and/or if you could vote for the American president.

Fortunately neither is true.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2278 on: August 02, 2022, 11:04:11 PM »

We can argue whether it was the right thing to do but the DCCC spending for Gibbs just may flip this race.

What an evil organization, no better than the GOP. Every DCCC affiliated person should be punished, and also should be sued in court for betraying democratic values & ideals. It's not just Trump who needs an inquiry case, it's all of us.

Thank God Belgium isn't even a real country.

I probably would vote Trump if i was American, not because I like Trump but just because if i vote Trump, it would trigger you and no-one wants to miss that? Smiley

What a truly rational and sane statement to make.

Anyway, you already endorsed Trump before you even knew anything about me so you showed your true colors long ago.

Everyone who knows me knows that i'm not pro-Trump.

Secondly, my true colours are indeed definitely not yours. You're politically as much as an opponent to me than orangeman.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2279 on: August 02, 2022, 11:05:56 PM »

We can argue whether it was the right thing to do but the DCCC spending for Gibbs just may flip this race.

Anyway, I'd say that considering it's mostly Kent County and Muskegon vote outstanding, it's way too early to conclude that.

This is anyone's race at this point, if not slightly favoring Meijer.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2280 on: August 02, 2022, 11:05:56 PM »

That being said, everyone has an active democratic duty and I feel like few of even red avatars really understand what that means.

It means not voting for Trump, ever, under any circumstances.

You would have failed your duty in 2016, if Belgium was a real country and/or if you could vote for the American president.

Fortunately neither is true.

I fullfill my democratic duty, and you don't have to lecture me on that.

Also no-one owns me, so i'm able to look critical to all sides.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2281 on: August 02, 2022, 11:06:02 PM »

FWIW, a lot of Washington's R votes haven't been counted yet. There was a big movement to have WA R's vote on ED this year. Not saying it will make a difference in winners, but the story may look a bit different at the end of the week.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2282 on: August 02, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »

What an evil organization, no better than the GOP. Every DCCC affiliated person should be punished, and also should be sued in court for betraying democratic values & ideals. It's not just Trump who needs an inquiry case, it's all of us.

I probably would vote Trump if i was American, not because I like Trump but just because if i vote Trump, it would trigger you and no-one wants to miss that? Smiley

Anyway, you already endorsed Trump before you even knew anything about me so you showed your true colors long ago.

Secondly, my true colours are indeed definitely not yours. You're politically as much as an opponent to me than orangeman.

Well I hope when I run for POTUS you endorse me just like you did "orangeman."

Not that it matters, because again Belgium is not a real country.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2283 on: August 02, 2022, 11:07:35 PM »

I can't endorse you since i don't live in a real country.

Also, Taiwan is not a real country either, and let me tell you, that statement is truly true.

But good you proof that America simply is a country that think the entire world consists out of just United States of America, and that there is nothing else outside of it. Even support for Taiwan is simply support for military bases there, potentially even undermining good intentions of an independent, neutral & pacifist state which is still far more preferrable than being a China province.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2284 on: August 02, 2022, 11:08:15 PM »

Tbf Murray getting only 54% would be underwhelming considering shes the incumbent D with no serious liberal opposition. I expect it'll get higher though.

Total Democratic vote is 56-57%. There is also 3-4% 3rd party vote. She actually has a pretty impressive margin IMO.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2285 on: August 02, 2022, 11:08:24 PM »

Also, Taiwan is not a real country either, and let me tell you, that statement is truly true.

Dude you know I'm just messing with you right? "Belgium is not a real country" is just a meme.

Bringing Taiwan into it is f--ked up though, and shows your true colors just like your Trump support did.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2286 on: August 02, 2022, 11:09:58 PM »

Anyway, I'd say that considering it's mostly Kent County and Muskegon vote outstanding, it's way too early to conclude that.

Gibbs margin is growing with every update. He is about to take the lead in Kent county. It's over.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2287 on: August 02, 2022, 11:10:40 PM »

People have been making a lot of the Washington primaries' predictive power and they honestly look fairly good for Democrats. Dems are above 50% in WA-08, for example; that was not the case in 2020. We'll see if it holds.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2288 on: August 02, 2022, 11:11:25 PM »

Dude you know I'm just messing with you right? "Belgium is not a real country" is just a meme.

Bringing Taiwan into it is f--ked up though, and shows your true colors just like your Trump support did.

You mention the meme against someone from that country in a "hostile discussion". The context and environment is different.

You know that i've been very supportive of Taiwan if you read my posts. And you know that at the end of the day I oppose Trump, i just don't see it as a simple way of approving everything Democrats do. That's what bothers me.

A few days ago i literally said, first thing i would do in hypothetical scenario i'm POTUS is acknowledge Taiwan as an independent country during first 24 hours in my office, and I said that not even a week ago.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2289 on: August 02, 2022, 11:13:41 PM »

Gibbs margin is growing with every update. He is about to take the lead in Kent county. It's over.

Well, if so, at least he put up way more of a fight than I and many others expected, and more than I believe all the other Trump impeachment voters to this point. A symbolic victory if nothing else, and for what it's worth I disapprove of (though I understand) the Democratic strategy to prop up Gibbs. I don't think anyone should be punished for doing the right thing, and I don't think we're likely gonna hold on to the House in any case (Senate is a very different story however).
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2290 on: August 02, 2022, 11:14:00 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2291 on: August 02, 2022, 11:14:30 PM »

At the very least, it looks like JHB and Newhouse will likely advance to the general where both should be strong favorites regardless of who they face.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2292 on: August 02, 2022, 11:14:39 PM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2293 on: August 02, 2022, 11:15:51 PM »

I disapprove of (though I understand) the Democratic strategy to prop up Gibbs. I don't think anyone should be punished for doing the right thing

Than why did we just have a discussion if you just like me disapprove it?Huh
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2294 on: August 02, 2022, 11:17:38 PM »

I disapprove of (though I understand) the Democratic strategy to prop up Gibbs. I don't think anyone should be punished for doing the right thing

Than why did we just have a discussion if you just like me disapprove it?Huh

You were acting like the DCCC was some evil criminal organization when they were just playing politics the same way Karl Rove's PAC was when it propped up Bernie Sanders against Hillary in 2016.

I don't agree with that, even if I also don't agree with the strategy in this particular instance.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #2295 on: August 02, 2022, 11:20:00 PM »

Gibbs took the lead in Kent. I think this one is over.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2296 on: August 02, 2022, 11:21:42 PM »

I hope Gibbs wins big in November then
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #2297 on: August 02, 2022, 11:22:23 PM »

Press X to doubt
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2298 on: August 02, 2022, 11:22:29 PM »

He's an underdog. Scholten will likely be the first Democrat to represent Grand Rapids in Congress since 1977 and the first to represent any part of Ottawa County since God knows when.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2299 on: August 02, 2022, 11:23:05 PM »

DCCC strategy might pay off anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 130  
« previous next »