Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1172
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 930652 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23725 on: June 24, 2023, 01:38:24 PM »

Priggy is really a team player in all of this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23726 on: June 24, 2023, 01:42:01 PM »

Wow, I can't believe that this is real

[/tweet]

Not on Twitter and can't access. Thumbnail summary please?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #23727 on: June 24, 2023, 01:42:40 PM »

I'm just saying one thing in general: The world is very fortunate a moron like Trump isn't president in this kind of international situation. Instead, there's a steady hand with decades of experience on foreign policy in the Oval Office, surrounded by an able and professional team.

Remember when everyone peed their pants over a supposed air strike in Poland, or whatever that was? And Biden did the smart thing and waited until there was more information?

This is why he's the best President of my lifetime. He is calm.
Outside of Trump, Biden has been the best FoPo president of my lifetime (born during Reagan’s admin). That said, it’s not because of experience or a steady hand. It’s because he fundamentally is an anti-interventionist and opposes expending US lives abroad unnecessarily. He’s able to say “no” to the war party.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #23728 on: June 24, 2023, 01:46:12 PM »

Wow, I can't believe that this is real

[/tweet]

Not on Twitter and can't access. Thumbnail summary please?
Try this url: https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1672430984493408257
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23729 on: June 24, 2023, 01:46:56 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2023, 01:51:24 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

If the deal is Wagner gets to go live out their days in Africa then why does Piggy care who runs the MOD?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23730 on: June 24, 2023, 01:49:12 PM »

The negotiations have failed apparently, thank goodness

What is the matter with you?

I'm not going to lie. At least personally, while my motives are infinitely different than psol's, continued war between Wagner and the Russian mod would be perfect for the Ukraine counteroffensive.

Honestly, perhaps I'm being too simple in my view, but considering Wagner was long considered among the best troops on the front, and now a huge portion of them apparently turned and invaded russia, what is stopping Ukraine from exploiting this and reinitiating their counteroffensive? How long can the Russian mod without Wagner support hold back Ukraine on its own?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23731 on: June 24, 2023, 01:50:25 PM »

Everyone is talking Prigozhin here but we should not leave out Ramzan Kadyrev, the Leader of the Chechen Fighters. They had already come for Prigozhin and would have done circles around him if neccessary. Prigozhin knew this!
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #23732 on: June 24, 2023, 01:53:31 PM »

Everyone is talking Prigozhin here but we should not leave out Ramzan Kadyrev, the Leader of the Chechen Fighters. They had already come for Prigozhin and would have done circles around him if neccessary. Prigozhin knew this!

doubt Prigozhin was scared of Kadyrov's tik-tok army
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23733 on: June 24, 2023, 01:54:18 PM »

All this added time for Putin allows him to regroup and prepare the offensive against Wagner forces. His regime will survive and its all because Priggy bought his bull••••
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23734 on: June 24, 2023, 01:57:49 PM »

Prigozhin would have never been successful! Not without Kadyrev and other people!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23735 on: June 24, 2023, 02:00:05 PM »

Biggest L is for Russia .
2nd biggest is Fr*nce
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23736 on: June 24, 2023, 02:01:38 PM »

All this added time for Putin allows him to regroup and prepare the offensive against Wagner forces. His regime will survive and its all because Priggy bought his bull••••
Maybe.

Or maybe the display of weakness makes it easier for Wagner to come at Moscow a second time, after a good night's sleep.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23737 on: June 24, 2023, 02:02:13 PM »

I knew she had something to do with this

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23738 on: June 24, 2023, 02:03:58 PM »

Prigozhin would have never been successful! Not without Kadyrev and other people!
Kadyrov may be winning on TikTok, but he’s nowhere on the ground.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23739 on: June 24, 2023, 02:09:37 PM »

Speaking about South Africa , I dont think Putin will attend BRICS
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23740 on: June 24, 2023, 02:11:14 PM »

There are now multiple reports that part of Bakhmut has been retaken by Ukrainian forces.
They should not make a move at all.

Any military move from outside of Russia would only stregthen Putin at the most critical moment when he might fall.

Omg! It just dawned on me that there's got to be a connection between this mutiny by Wagner and just a day or so earlier the Ukraine announcing it was going to so-called reorganize for the next week rather than continue the counteroffensive.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23741 on: June 24, 2023, 02:11:24 PM »

Do even 20% of Red Velvet posts in this thread involve Russia-Ukraine in any way?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23742 on: June 24, 2023, 02:12:22 PM »

Let's get one thing straight here: The Wagner Group are KILLERS! They are the equivalent to Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad. While Putin is a War Criminal I'd rather have him controlling Russia and his nuclear arsenal than Prigozhin and his Group!

The Wagner Forces tried to seize nuclear material from a storage facility 200-300 Miles southeast of Moscow. Fortunately for everyone the nuclear warheads were no longer there.

Ask yourself this Question: Would you rather have Putin in control of the nukes or a Milltant Group like Wagner!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23743 on: June 24, 2023, 02:14:38 PM »

Let's get one thing straight here: The Wagner Group are KILLERS! They are the equivalent to Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad. While Putin is a War Criminal I'd rather have him controlling Russia and his nuclear arsenal than Prigozhin and his Group!

The Wagner Forces tried to seize nuclear material from a storage facility 200-300 Miles southeast of Moscow. Fortunately for everyone the nuclear warheads were no longer there.

Ask yourself this Question: Would you rather have Putin in control of the nukes or a Milltant Group like Wagner!
I would like the chaos to continue for a few more days
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23744 on: June 24, 2023, 02:14:51 PM »

There are now multiple reports that part of Bakhmut has been retaken by Ukrainian forces.
They should not make a move at all.

Any military move from outside of Russia would only stregthen Putin at the most critical moment when he might fall.

Omg! It just dawned on me that there's got to be a connection between this mutiny by Wagner and just a day or so earlier the Ukraine announcing it was going to so-called reorganize for the next week rather than continue the counteroffensive.
Wagner timed this perfectly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23745 on: June 24, 2023, 02:15:02 PM »

St. Petersburg has since the 1990s been an extension of Moscow, so my statements still stand

Lol!

Few hours ago. Nothing that happens outside Moscow is relevant!

Now. St Petersburg is basically Moscow!

PSLOL!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23746 on: June 24, 2023, 02:16:06 PM »

Both are disgusting and guilty of war crimes, though Prigozhin at least admitted the so called Ukrainian aggression and NATO threat against Russia was a buch of nonsense and that the war never was about that. He also said Putin's war goals of regime change in Kyiv are delusional as Russia isn't going to take over Ukraine entirely.

That doesn't make him automatically a lesser evil, though unlike Putin he hasn't completely lost a sense of reality.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #23747 on: June 24, 2023, 02:18:24 PM »

Do even 20% of Red Velvet posts in this thread involve Russia-Ukraine in any way?

Something something Global South something something russia
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23748 on: June 24, 2023, 02:19:01 PM »

They only do when you realize he treats the war as the Global South vs the West because of the countries that aid Ukraine
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23749 on: June 24, 2023, 02:19:13 PM »

Both are disgusting and guilty of war crimes, though Prigozhin at least admitted the so called Ukrainian aggression and NATO threat against Russia was a buch of nonsense and that the war never was about that. He also said Putin's war goals of regime change in Kyiv are delusional as Russia isn't going to take over Ukraine entirely.

That doesn't make him automatically a lesser evil, though unlike Putin he hasn't completely lost a sense of reality.
Prigozhin and his snobs tried to overthrow the Assad Regime in Syria just saying!
Pages: 1 ... 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 ... 1172  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies