2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:20:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 57
Author Topic: 2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread  (Read 34251 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 27, 2021, 06:32:45 PM »

Talk to your kids about Alabama and Ohio State both being out of the playoffs!

Don't count your chickens too soon.  Bama is down by only 7 with a lot of time left.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1026 on: November 27, 2021, 06:58:07 PM »

If Auburn hangs on here, their punter should be player of the game.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1027 on: November 27, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »

Don't count your chickens too soon.  Bama is down by only 7 with a lot of time left.

I forgot about the propensity for the SEC to allow holding for an entire drive so generic sh**tty Bama system qb #9 can score.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1028 on: November 27, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »

I forgot about the propensity for the SEC to allow holding for an entire drive so generic sh**tty Bama system qb #9 can score.

Alabama doesn't get called for holding, except maybe in garbage time. It's been that way the entire Saban Era.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1029 on: November 27, 2021, 07:12:56 PM »

Wisconsin trails Minnesota 23-13 with 6 minutes left.  If the Badgers lose, the Big 10 championship game will be Michigan vs Iowa, which I'm sure everyone expected. Wink
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1030 on: November 27, 2021, 07:16:28 PM »

As bad as the Pete Carroll era Trojans were , I hate the Bama of the past 10 years more
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1031 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 07:26:33 PM by The Roc Pile »

How in the world is grabbing the ear hole not a personal foul!?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1032 on: November 27, 2021, 07:24:57 PM »

How in the world is grabbing the ear hole not a personal foul!?

It is.  Grabbing any opening in the helmet is a facemask penalty.  I can't believe they picked up the flag; add it to the list of blatant miscalls/no-calls favoring Alabama over the years.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1033 on: November 27, 2021, 07:27:40 PM »

lol, pretending this year's LSU team is capable of much of anything — sorry, but have you watched them this year? And I'd bet Carolina is at least 18 points better than Samford

EDIT: UNC is 49th in the Massey composite, ahead of LSU, UF, USC, Mizzou and Vandy. So unless you want to claim every ranking system is similarly "unplugged from reality"...

The Massey composite = "every ranking system" now?
Yes? This is the Massey composite, not the Massey ratings — it's a composite of other ranking systems (hence the name). If you disagree with it you are, by definition, in the minority. There are some rankings that have UNC lower (Sagarin is one), some that have them higher, but the general consensus puts them ahead of five SEC teams.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1034 on: November 27, 2021, 07:43:17 PM »

There is absolutely no reason to put this Alabama team in over Cincinnati.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1035 on: November 27, 2021, 07:48:51 PM »

Alabama has put up some sh**tty generic system players as Heisman candidates. Notably AJ McCarron, Bo Scarbrough, Trent Richardson.

But Bryce Young has to be the worst. He is without question one of the least talented and dumbest Heisman candidates I've ever seen. He needs an extra 10 seconds every single play of his line holding to complete a pass and still needs to run half the time even though his receivers are nailing the routes. He perpetually has this moronic look on his face and looks like he majors in "TikTok." It's going to be so hilarious when some dumb NFL team drafts him and he falls flat on his ass when he realizes his line isn't going to be able to hold for him all game every game and he's going to get sacked 5-10 times.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1036 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »

Hopefully Georgia nukes Alabama out of orbit next week
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1037 on: November 27, 2021, 07:50:52 PM »

Hopefully Georgia nukes Alabama out of orbit next week

Inshallah
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1038 on: November 27, 2021, 07:55:25 PM »

Alabama has put up some sh**tty generic system players as Heisman candidates. Notably AJ McCarron, Bo Scarbrough, Trent Richardson.

But Bryce Young has to be the worst. He is without question one of the least talented and dumbest Heisman candidates I've ever seen. He needs an extra 10 seconds every single play of his line holding to complete a pass and still needs to run half the time even though his receivers are nailing the routes. He perpetually has this moronic look on his face and looks like he majors in "TikTok." It's going to be so hilarious when some dumb NFL team drafts him and he falls flat on his ass when he realizes his line isn't going to be able to hold for him all game every game and he's going to get sacked 5-10 times.

Agreed. Look at how Auburn was playing; they weren't playing particularly afraid of Bryce Young. Why aren't they giving someone like Jordan Davis from Georgia the Heisman? He's the best of the Georgia Defense which is the best in the country; that'd be a much better choice than defaulting to Alabama.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1039 on: November 27, 2021, 07:57:49 PM »

Agreed. Look at how Auburn was playing; they weren't playing particularly afraid of Bryce Young. Why aren't they giving someone like Jordan Davis from Georgia the Heisman? He's the best of the Georgia Defense which is the best in the country; that'd be a much better choice than defaulting to Alabama.

At this point Stroud from the Buckeyes is probably the favorite but I don't love that either. I'd much rather see someone like Pickett, Walker, or Davis as you mentioned get it. Guys who are genuinely elevating their teams.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1040 on: November 27, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

Bedlam looking like a gong show so far, Okie Lite redeeming themselves from the cardinal NCAA14 sin of calling a zero blitz vs elite receivers and running it back on the kickoff the next play.

At this point Stroud from the Buckeyes is probably the favorite but I don't love that either. I'd much rather see someone like Pickett, Walker, or Davis as you mentioned get it. Guys who are genuinely elevating their teams.

Lmfao was ab to say you are living in a paper mache house if you're dragging Young while Stroud has 2 receivers that are gonna go in the top 20 next spring.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1041 on: November 27, 2021, 08:44:31 PM »

With two games (Bedlam and Louisville-Kentucky) still in play, Illiniwek and I currently lead with 15-8, with three people at 14-9.  The group of players has all four pick combinations of the two remaining games, so the pick'em is wide open.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1042 on: November 27, 2021, 09:52:36 PM »

That was a really fun game to be at! Ultimately Bryan Harsin just wanted to lose more than Alabama did. Gus would have won that one.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1043 on: November 27, 2021, 09:59:04 PM »

Damn, Bedlam is looking awesome right now.

Oklahoma leads 26-24 in the third quarter.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1044 on: November 27, 2021, 10:43:38 PM »

That was a really fun game to be at! Ultimately Bryan Harsin just wanted to lose more than Alabama did. Gus would have won that one.
I felt like Auburn should have gone for two and the win in the first OT.  When you're the less talented team on your backup QB, it's better to put it all on one play than extend it.

Also, with LSU upsetting A&M, every SEC team except for my Commodores will be going bowling this year.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1045 on: November 27, 2021, 11:27:51 PM »

Damn, Bedlam is looking awesome right now.

Oklahoma leads 26-24 in the third quarter.

That was a heck of a game!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1046 on: November 27, 2021, 11:39:16 PM »

Going into the conference Championship games, I'm going to predict the next comittee rankings.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Alabama

I will also attempt to predict, one week in advance, the final Committee rankings.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Notre Dame
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1047 on: November 27, 2021, 11:50:11 PM »

Going into the conference Championship games, I'm going to predict the next comittee rankings.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Alabama

I will also attempt to predict, one week in advance, the final Committee rankings.

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Notre Dame
Oklahoma State will get in over ND, so I am guessing you expect Baylor to win the Big 12 CCG?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1048 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57:16 PM »

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Alabama

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Notre Dame
Oklahoma State will get in over ND, so I am guessing you expect Baylor to win the Big 12 CCG?

The Committee hasn't ranked the BIg 12 well all season.

Where Oklahoma State and Notre Dame are in comparison to each other should say which one gets in when Alabama loses to Georgia.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1049 on: November 27, 2021, 11:58:43 PM »

I would be fired up for a playoff of

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Oklahoma State
4. Cincinnati

That's the ideal. And very possible! 
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 57