2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread  (Read 32932 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: September 05, 2021, 07:36:36 PM »

It pains me to say this, but GO NOLES. I hate Notre Dame more than any other program with the exception of Pedo State.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:40 PM »

It pains me to say this, but GO NOLES. I hate Notre Dame more than any other program with the exception of Pedo State.
More than the service academies?

They're all top 10 for sure.

Speaking of the Faux Irish, I see they pulled out a squeaker in OT. I think sudden death should be abolished. Each team should get at least one chance to score.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 10:42:33 PM »

Air Force is pretty likable.

Unlike Army and Navy, their programs are entirely funded by taxpayers. They're the worst of the three. Also Colorado Springs is a gross Republican sh**thole. At least Annapolis and Bear Mountain are redeemable as places outside of the money pits.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »

They're all top 10 for sure.

Speaking of the Faux Irish, I see they pulled out a squeaker in OT. I think sudden death should be abolished. Each team should get at least one chance to score.

I think you're [correctly] arguing that the NFL should switch to college overtime?

Well, I think ties shouldn't happen.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »

I think the Big 12 should add the 3 service academies instead of duplicating a state they're already in, a directional school, or a vehement gaybashers who teach the Book of Mormon in archaeology class.

I support all the service academies because I'm a patriot. I was referring to CraneHusband's disdain for the military.

Also, both Houston and UCF (unlike most directional schools) are respectable research institutions with large alumni bases that disperse across their big states and regions. Pretty good fit for a P5, imo. And BYU is a magnificent brand. The service academies are a terrible institutional fit, and don't need to tie themselves into a dumpster fire of a conference.

I dislike the service academies more than the regular military itself, if for nothing else that the welfare queens at the academies are stealing more of our money per capita than anyone.
They were last relevant in about 1880. Time to nuke them into orbit, possibly using our new Space Force equipment we wasted so much money on.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 12:26:17 AM »

I think the Big 12 should add the 3 service academies instead of duplicating a state they're already in, a directional school, or a vehement gaybashers who teach the Book of Mormon in archaeology class.

I support all the service academies because I'm a patriot. I was referring to CraneHusband's disdain for the military.

Also, both Houston and UCF (unlike most directional schools) are respectable research institutions with large alumni bases that disperse across their big states and regions. Pretty good fit for a P5, imo. And BYU is a magnificent brand. The service academies are a terrible institutional fit, and don't need to tie themselves into a dumpster fire of a conference.

I dislike the service academies more than the regular military itself, if for nothing else that the welfare queens at the academies are stealing more of our money per capita than anyone.
They were last relevant in about 1880. Time to nuke them into orbit, possibly using our new Space Force equipment we wasted so much money on.

The Space Force Academy should be in the SEC.

It's about time somebody started stealin' 'croots in Bama's backyard.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 04:45:50 PM »

Lmao, the Faux Irish getting another game handed to them with two phantom penalties in the waning seconds. Joke team.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 05:18:03 PM »

Remember to cancel your Peacock subscription

Especially since the money seems to be going towards paying NCAA officiants to help avert Notre Dame upsets.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:29 PM »

Terrific. Doesn't justify the hundreds of thousands we blow per student at those "schools." Shut them down.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 09:19:26 PM »

I'm starting to wonder, the way Texas is playing against Arkansas, if the players/coaching staff are opposed to the decision to join the SEC?

Nobody would intentionally lose games for reasons like that.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 12:47:01 AM »

Florida State just lost to Jacksonville State on one of the most poorly defended Hail Mary attempts I've ever seen

The Faux Irish almost lost to this team last week.

Today, they almost lost to Toledo.

Why are they a top 10 team again?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 11:49:54 PM »

Why stop at Riley? Why not include Saban, if we're including people who have zero interest in this opening? Not even sure that Cristobal would leave a comfortably humming program to go try to muck out Heritage Hall. He's at least a reasonable target, but another well-resourced and historically great program has already tried to pry away Cristobal and failed.

Realistic names here, besides Cristobal, are James Franklin, if they can pry him away from Penn State, and Luke Fickell. USC's new AD is the ex-AD at Cincinnati and hired Fickell, so the relationship is there already.

James Franklin will never leave, he loves the cult and its vast potential of covering up crimes when he needs them to.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 02:07:19 AM »

Why stop at Riley? Why not include Saban, if we're including people who have zero interest in this opening? Not even sure that Cristobal would leave a comfortably humming program to go try to muck out Heritage Hall. He's at least a reasonable target, but another well-resourced and historically great program has already tried to pry away Cristobal and failed.

Realistic names here, besides Cristobal, are James Franklin, if they can pry him away from Penn State, and Luke Fickell. USC's new AD is the ex-AD at Cincinnati and hired Fickell, so the relationship is there already.

James Franklin will never leave, he loves the cult and its vast potential of covering up crimes when he needs them to.

You mean to tell me that any school that had a Sandusky situation wouldn't have done what Penn State did?

If you're saying that, you're dead wrong.

Yes, there are many schools that would fire a serial pedophile and report him to the law, especially one who wasn't particularly important to the football program.
Penn State is almost unique among prominent football programs for the combination of its geographic isolation and the complete devotion of the entire area to the university. Similar cases have emerged in recent years, notably Nasser at Michigan State (although this was arguably more on USA Gymnastics than on MSU) and Strauss at Ohio State, but Penn State was unique in how it accomodated Sandusky and now the administration and local law enforcement were totally hostile to dealing with it, until the sh**t hit the fan.
Franklin himself was involved in covering up rape at Vanderbilt. That would have been a turnoff for most schools. But not Penn State.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 03:14:13 PM »

Wisconsin cements its status as the most useless state in America.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 10:04:26 AM »

The Pedos should not be ranked fourth. Somebody needs to clip their wings.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 04:56:14 PM »

Faux Irish finally get the loss they deserve, and it wasn't particularly close.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 03:14:43 PM »

Hopefully the Pedos lose today
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 06:48:53 PM »

Lol the Pedos blew a 17-0 lead. You love to see it.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 09:25:04 PM »

Faux Irish losing to Virginia Tech in the 4th quarter.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »

Jesus.... It has to have been at least a decade since Alabama lost to an unranked team. I hate A&M, but awesome!
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 10:53:12 PM »

The Crimson Tide hasn’t lost to an unranked team since falling to Auburn 17-10 on Nov. 24, 2007.

Almost 14 f***ing years.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2021, 11:04:55 PM »

The Crimson Tide hasn’t lost to an unranked team since falling to Auburn 17-10 on Nov. 24, 2007.

Almost 14 f***ing years.

That was Saban’s first year. The consistency that he and he alone has been able to maintain in this sport is nothing short of miraculous.

There are no miracles. That's a lot of boosters paying players to go there.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »

Calling it now Bama's at #2 tomorrow. They're not gonna put Iowa above them after the sh**tshow vs. State where they woulda lost if Cliff/Lambert/Mustipher played the whole game. Cincy deserves to be above them but AP has nowhere near the cajones to do so.

Pedo State deserves to be unranked.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2021, 11:11:59 PM »

Calling it now Bama's at #2 tomorrow. They're not gonna put Iowa above them after the sh**tshow vs. State where they woulda lost if Cliff/Lambert/Mustipher played the whole game. Cincy deserves to be above them but AP has nowhere near the cajones to do so.

Penn State is a great team.

You would say that, wouldn't you? I guess roleplaying as a fascist is a short leap to role-playing as a defender of pedo enablers. But no, they're severely overrated and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose two or three more games this year with a hurt quarterback and a head coach who has never really had consistent or highly cerebral coaching talent.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2021, 11:17:32 PM »

Almost 14 f***ing years.

That was Saban’s first year. The consistency that he and he alone has been able to maintain in this sport is nothing short of miraculous.

There are no miracles. That's a lot of boosters paying players to go there.

Obviously, but Alabama isn't the only team with money or boosters. Texas has the most booster money of any college system by far and they've been mediocre for a decade.

Serious question: how long should that be treated as the end-all-be-all definer of the Penn State football program? That scandal was 10 years ago. 15 years? 50?

Well, they were never punished for it, with their paltry sanctions being reversed for no particular reason, so I think they should be defined by it for the rest of their garbage program's existence.

Seriously, dozens of boys got raped for decades under the watchful eye of Joe Paterno and they were rewarded with a Rose Bowl bid the next season. 80% of their idiot fans want the Joe Pa statue back. Suggesting they should be allowed to move on from that morally is revolting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies