2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:45:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 College Football Discussion and Pick'em Thread  (Read 32939 times)
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: July 23, 2021, 10:42:04 PM »

CBS Sports writer's prediction of where the remaining Big 12 teams will end up if the conference implodes:

Baylor: AAC
Iowa State: Big 10
Kansas: Big 10
Kansas State: MWC
Oklahoma State: Pac-12
TCU: Pac-12
Texas Tech: AAC
West Virginia: ACC

I'm skeptical that the Pac-12 would prefer TCU to Texas Tech, but who knows.
I think it's more a thing of Baylor and Texas Tech staying together. They survived the SWC imploding and the rivalry would survive the Big 12 imploding.

Big 12 could also stay alive by adding UH and Boise State
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 03:05:06 PM »

AND DOWN GO THE BUCKEYES.

They have to figure out something defensively, Verdell was killing them on the outside sweep all game long. Oregon's OL kept a clean sheet for Brown too partially because OSU was afraid to bring LBs on the blitz.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »

AND DOWN GO THE BUCKEYES.

They have to figure out something defensively, Verdell was killing them on the outside sweep all game long. Oregon's OL kept a clean sheet for Brown too partially because OSU was afraid to bring LBs on the blitz.

I've got to admit that I'm happy to see both Clemson and Ohio State go down in the first couple weeks. Smiley
1-loss ACC champ Clemson probably still gets in but yeah the B1G is wide open. between this and PSU starting strong, gives me hope going into the Horseshoe on Halloween weekend.

Is this the year Oregon makes the playoffs?

All signs point to yes, especially since their toughest remaining match is probably either on the road at UCLA or on the road at Washington until the PAC-12 Championship Game at what I presume at this point will be USC.

Win all of those games, and Oregon's a lock for the playoff.

Far too early given how #Pac12afterdark can strike however an undefeated Oregon's certainly in. Even a 1-loss team should be #3 behind Bama/OU, should get the nod over a 12-1 UGA based on conference title and they'd be ahead of 12-1 OSU as a B1G champ (though not 13-0 PSU  Mock )
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:03:59 PM »

Wow! Same play Brooks scored the go-ahead TD on earlier in the quarter. What a game at the Cotton Bowl, great offensive display by Caleb in relief of Rattler.

Now for PSU/Iowa to restore order in a defensive struggle
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 11:01:38 PM »

Calling it now Bama's at #2 tomorrow. They're not gonna put Iowa above them after the sh**tshow vs. State where they woulda lost if Cliff/Lambert/Mustipher played the whole game. Cincy deserves to be above them but AP has nowhere near the cajones to do so.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 11:36:33 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 11:40:46 PM by Sweet Chin Music »

Well, they were never punished for it, with their paltry sanctions being reversed for no particular reason, so I think they should be defined by it for the rest of their garbage program's existence.

Seriously, dozens of boys got raped for decades under the watchful eye of Joe Paterno and they were rewarded with a Rose Bowl bid the next season. 80% of their idiot fans want the Joe Pa statue back. Suggesting they should be allowed to move on from that morally is revolting.

Paterno's been dead for 10 years, Curley/Sandusky/Spanier are all in jail, and MacQueary has resigned with his settlement in disgrace. If I remember correctly, the issues in the reduction of sanctions were A) the Commonwealth wanted the charity funds to remain in-state, and B) as twisted as it sounds, Penn State technically hadn't broken any NCAA rules. It was a criminal matter.

State didn't make the Rose Bowl the season after Paterno, they were banned from participating in bowl games for 4 seasons (later revised down to 2) and had their scholarships cut. Should they have gotten death penalty? Probably, but no need to misrepresent the discipline when its lenience is evident as it was.

Will any charitable contributions compensate for the human suffering endured? No. Does their cult of fans throughout the commonwealth still fend for JoePa's innocence? Too many. Are they still my squad? They've been since Henne/Manningham broke my 7 year-old heart, it's them till the grave.

Now, as for this season, Franklin's recruiting seems to have finally paid off on the defensive side of the ball. Brisker's been awesome and so has Ebiketie through the transfer window. The issues as shown today are in the running game and OL. Dotson is a nice talent however Iowa did a great job of taking him out of the game. With 3 games remaining vs the top-15 this season could end anywhere from playoffs to NY6 to mid-tier bowl game. Who knows? Lot of chaos this year.

New playoff and New Year's Six predictions (not all games done yet)

Peach: Michigan State vs Notre Dame

Fiesta: SMU vs Penn State

Rose: Oregon vs Michigan

Sugar: Alabama vs Oklahoma State

Cotton: #4 Cincinnati vs #1 Georgia

Orange: #2 Iowa vs #3 Oklahoma

I like whoever comes out of the B1G East over Iowa in the conference title. Iowa at Kinnick is just built different, they're not playing the same physical game at Lucas Oil. Also interesting to have 4 B1G teams in and tOSU isn't one.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 12:17:35 AM »

Lol, sure buddy. "What we did was just awful and ruined many lives and yeah we didn't get punished but you know what imma stay a fan 'cause that pick six against Ohio State sure was sweet." Also, fun fact: Franklin himself was involved in covering up a rape while he was at Vanderbilt. No wonder he was such a perfect fit at Pedo State.

Eh, Baylor/LSU had players committing violent crimes and the NCAA gave them kiddie gloves so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 02:31:40 PM »

Ahahahahaha Texas will never be back.

Refs gave them the rub on a few plays early (the missed DPI in the endzone on 3rd down which led to their FG) but no excuse for them not having an answer for Warren in the 2nd half.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »

Walker 3 for MSU is a beast, dude's killing UM on runs off the edge.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2021, 07:26:33 PM by The Roc Pile »

How in the world is grabbing the ear hole not a personal foul!?
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

Bedlam looking like a gong show so far, Okie Lite redeeming themselves from the cardinal NCAA14 sin of calling a zero blitz vs elite receivers and running it back on the kickoff the next play.

Alabama has put up some sh**tty generic system players as Heisman candidates. Notably AJ McCarron, Bo Scarbrough, Trent Richardson.

But Bryce Young has to be the worst. He is without question one of the least talented and dumbest Heisman candidates I've ever seen. He needs an extra 10 seconds every single play of his line holding to complete a pass and still needs to run half the time even though his receivers are nailing the routes. He perpetually has this moronic look on his face and looks like he majors in "TikTok." It's going to be so hilarious when some dumb NFL team drafts him and he falls flat on his ass when he realizes his line isn't going to be able to hold for him all game every game and he's going to get sacked 5-10 times.

Agreed. Look at how Auburn was playing; they weren't playing particularly afraid of Bryce Young. Why aren't they giving someone like Jordan Davis from Georgia the Heisman? He's the best of the Georgia Defense which is the best in the country; that'd be a much better choice than defaulting to Alabama.

At this point Stroud from the Buckeyes is probably the favorite but I don't love that either. I'd much rather see someone like Pickett, Walker, or Davis as you mentioned get it. Guys who are genuinely elevating their teams.

Lmfao was ab to say you are living in a paper mache house if you're dragging Young while Stroud has 2 receivers that are gonna go in the top 20 next spring.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 12:41:53 PM »

Not surprised UGA's #3, committee already set precedent of seeding 11-1 nonconference champ OSU over undefeated Washington in the final '16 CFP rankings.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 01:22:00 PM »

It’s early signing day!

My teams class just collapsed! The #1 ranked overall recruit this year who had been a long time lock for FSU just decommitted to commit to an FCS school coached by Deion Sanders. He’s also getting a $1 million NIL from Barstool to do so. Pain!

Between this and Texas OLmen getting 50k a year in NILs to do charity work, I think we may finally be seeing players get the bread they deserve for all the money the schools and networks make off them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies