GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 146848 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 14, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »

Just want to say how lucky Dems are that it’s Warnock up this year and not Ossoff. I don’t know if Ossoff would have survived the first round against Walker.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #1651 on: November 14, 2022, 06:02:34 PM »

pretty sure the GOP is tired and worn out now and giving up on the senate race here, just as I predicted with senate now in DEM control.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1652 on: November 14, 2022, 07:38:38 PM »

I think Warnock is slight favorite but I also think people here are being bit too optimistic about Rs not turning out for runoff and Ds turning out well.

Yes, if Walker wins it'll be because Democrats are asleep at the wheel, we cannot let that happen.
tbh Dems turnout in GA wasn't good..Warnock had to overperform crazily like close to 9 points vs other generic Dems running statewide in-order to reach runoff. So realistically, even 2-3% dropoff in Dem's turnout in runoff can lead to a Walker victory. That's why I am eager to see some Georgia polls..it should give a decent idea.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1653 on: November 14, 2022, 07:44:35 PM »

I think Warnock is slight favorite but I also think people here are being bit too optimistic about Rs not turning out for runoff and Ds turning out well.

Yes, if Walker wins it'll be because Democrats are asleep at the wheel, we cannot let that happen.
tbh Dems turnout in GA wasn't good..Warnock had to overperform crazily like close to 9 points vs other generic Dems running statewide in-order to reach runoff. So realistically, even 2-3% dropoff in Dem's turnout in runoff can lead to a Walker victory. That's why I am eager to see some Georgia polls..it should give a decent idea.

I do hope Warnock gets a poll bump but what I really want to see is a strong Democrat GOTV operation.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1654 on: November 14, 2022, 08:34:24 PM »

If you were the Walker campaign or the GA GOP how would you play your cards for the runoff? It's pretty clear Walker isn't favored at this point, but there still has to be some path to victory for him. I would do a few things.
1) Keep Trump out of the race at all costs, he will drive up Dem turnout and many Rs are starting to get sick of him. This applies to people like Loeffler or Perdue as well, although I doubt they even care that much. The only people who should be leading rallies in Georgia are Kemp, DeSantis, Youngkin, and maybe Zeldin. They are probably the most popular figures in the GOP at this point. Bonus points if you can get Raffensperger's support.
2) Still frame it as if the senate matters. Say an R vote will lead to conservative agenda being able to pass and holding Biden accountable. If its possible, even straight up say Senate control is still at stake even though that is a lie. You gotta push that the election matters.
3)Shut tf up, just be a blank slate for conservatism. Walker has a habit of saying weird things he needs to play as safely as possible. Let Kemp and DeSantis do the talking.
4) Push for early vote. Despite what many stopthestealers and Trump may say, you need to get your voters out and locked in as quickly as possible. Hedging everything on ED turnout is not a smart move... Support VBM if that's what it takes.
5) Tie Warnock to Abrams - its worth a shot. She is not popular and you need to try to connect that to Warnock. If they are going to try to tie Walker to Trump he needs to fire back somehow.

I still think Warnock is favored in the runoff rn, but Walker's campaign needs to thing long and hard about this if they are still in it to win it.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1655 on: November 14, 2022, 09:30:52 PM »

If you were the Walker campaign or the GA GOP how would you play your cards for the runoff? It's pretty clear Walker isn't favored at this point, but there still has to be some path to victory for him. I would do a few things.
1) Keep Trump out of the race at all costs, he will drive up Dem turnout and many Rs are starting to get sick of him. This applies to people like Loeffler or Perdue as well, although I doubt they even care that much. The only people who should be leading rallies in Georgia are Kemp, DeSantis, Youngkin, and maybe Zeldin. They are probably the most popular figures in the GOP at this point. Bonus points if you can get Raffensperger's support.
2) Still frame it as if the senate matters. Say an R vote will lead to conservative agenda being able to pass and holding Biden accountable. If its possible, even straight up say Senate control is still at stake even though that is a lie. You gotta push that the election matters.
3)Shut tf up, just be a blank slate for conservatism. Walker has a habit of saying weird things he needs to play as safely as possible. Let Kemp and DeSantis do the talking.
4) Push for early vote. Despite what many stopthestealers and Trump may say, you need to get your voters out and locked in as quickly as possible. Hedging everything on ED turnout is not a smart move... Support VBM if that's what it takes.
5) Tie Warnock to Abrams - its worth a shot. She is not popular and you need to try to connect that to Warnock. If they are going to try to tie Walker to Trump he needs to fire back somehow.

I still think Warnock is favored in the runoff rn, but Walker's campaign needs to thing long and hard about this if they are still in it to win it.

This is all pretty good strategy, which is why the Walker campaign is already failing at more than one part of it.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1656 on: November 14, 2022, 10:04:23 PM »

Dem turnout may not have been great but it's far more reliable at this point in non-November elections that rural R turnout. Especially when there's no motivation for Walker voters who don't like him to vote specifically for him. They showed up in November to vote for Kemp/against Abrams or for Senate control. What do they have here.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1657 on: November 14, 2022, 10:11:32 PM »

Weird fact: In high school I dated the Libertarian candidate, Chase Oliver.

Pretty sure I haven’t mentioned that here.
How do we know this is real?

Why would anyone willingly admit to dating a libertarian if it wasn’t true.

Also I didn’t know Oliver was gay, so that’s lit
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1658 on: November 14, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »

Rs picked up 9 H seats, no change in the S and net loss 2 Gov mansions
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1659 on: November 14, 2022, 11:39:12 PM »

If you were the Walker campaign or the GA GOP how would you play your cards for the runoff?

Honestly? Pay a woman to falsely accuse Warnock of rape. That kind of thing is not beneath Republican political operatives, and even if the media is able to prove that it's a lie before the runoff, enough people might still believe it to make the difference.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1660 on: November 15, 2022, 01:44:28 AM »

Dem turnout may not have been great but it's far more reliable at this point in non-November elections that rural R turnout. Especially when there's no motivation for Walker voters who don't like him to vote specifically for him. They showed up in November to vote for Kemp/against Abrams or for Senate control. What do they have here.

This is exactly why I think Warnock will win. As do the betting markets.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #1661 on: November 15, 2022, 05:25:50 AM »

If Trump really announces today, Walker is done. Even without the announcement, this race is borderline likely D.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1662 on: November 15, 2022, 05:32:23 AM »

If Trump really announces today, Walker is done. Even without the announcement, this race is borderline likely D.

Agreed. Trump probably cost Republicans any chance they might have had in the runoff (which wasn’t much to begin with)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1663 on: November 15, 2022, 10:39:58 AM »

Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1664 on: November 16, 2022, 12:39:13 PM »

Will the runoff be the last red Fayette for decades?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1665 on: November 16, 2022, 12:39:53 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1666 on: November 16, 2022, 01:26:19 PM »

Yes and Republicans vote the day after Democrats and Independents.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1667 on: November 16, 2022, 01:36:09 PM »

Will the runoff be the last red Fayette for decades?

That or last week, barring any future GOP landslide.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1668 on: November 16, 2022, 01:40:25 PM »

This is embarrassing
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1669 on: November 16, 2022, 03:50:51 PM »

This is hilarious:

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1670 on: November 16, 2022, 03:58:02 PM »

Walker seems to be even worse in this final stretch than he was in the last few months... and that's saying something
Kabam
Rookie

« Reply #1671 on: November 16, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

I am not a vampire ads when?
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1672 on: November 16, 2022, 04:53:19 PM »

Please someone (other than partisan R pollsters) do a runoff poll
Dani Rose
danixander92
United States

« Reply #1673 on: November 16, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »

Official Danielle Rose Prediction: the combination of Trump's announcement and the unassailable wall of lame duck legislation is going to make this...not even close.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1674 on: November 16, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to: