GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 146557 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: November 18, 2022, 06:06:50 PM »

Seriously Walker literally sounds like an 8-year old describing a movie he saw in that.

"So there's vampires and werewolves but werewolves can kill vampires and these kids are watching TV and this guy comes out and he kills vampires and he has a garlic necklace and crosses and holy water and uses that to kill vampires..."
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1701 on: November 18, 2022, 07:00:24 PM »

My mail ballot should arrive either tomorrow or Monday. Only one contest on the ballot, so it's getting turned around and submitted same-day!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1702 on: November 18, 2022, 08:28:24 PM »

Seriously Walker literally sounds like an 8-year old describing a movie he saw in that.

"So there's vampires and werewolves but werewolves can kill vampires and these kids are watching TV and this guy comes out and he kills vampires and he has a garlic necklace and crosses and holy water and uses that to kill vampires..."

There's a Youtube video I'll link of a toddler describing 'Star Wars: A New Hope' after seeing it for the first time. Walker talking about this move ('Fright Night?') reminded me of that. That girl was more eloquent though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1703 on: November 18, 2022, 08:47:28 PM »

There's a Youtube video I'll link of a toddler describing 'Star Wars: A New Hope' after seeing it for the first time. Walker talking about this move ('Fright Night?') reminded me of that. That girl was more eloquent though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0

Reminds me of this: https://www.vox.com/culture/22196168/muppet-christmas-carol-mickeys-christmas-carol-critic-at-small
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1704 on: November 18, 2022, 09:59:08 PM »

Warnock should just cut this into a 60 second TV ad.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1705 on: November 18, 2022, 10:49:35 PM »

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1706 on: November 18, 2022, 11:33:31 PM »

Polling update: My wife got a call from the Georgia Opinion Survey (?) to complete a poll of the GA senate race today, so we’ll finally get at leeeeast one poll of the race this week. The name of the company doesn’t sound familiar to me though. Anyone else heard of them?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1707 on: November 19, 2022, 12:17:15 AM »

Polling update: My wife got a call from the Georgia Opinion Survey (?) to complete a poll of the GA senate race today, so we’ll finally get at leeeeast one poll of the race this week. The name of the company doesn’t sound familiar to me though. Anyone else heard of them?

It's from an outfit in Bakersfield CA called Sequoia Research, LLC that have similar "State Name Opinion Surveys". I'm not familiar with how trustworthy Sequoia is or isn't.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1708 on: November 19, 2022, 12:20:12 AM »

Based original username btw

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1709 on: November 19, 2022, 12:24:34 AM »

Based original username btw

No disagreement there!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1710 on: November 19, 2022, 05:02:16 AM »

We don't even know whom is leading there isn't any POLL
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1711 on: November 19, 2022, 06:15:41 AM »

Just a shower thought: considering how it'sbeen trending at the Prezi level, does Forsyth County flip at the Congressional/Prezi level in the next decade?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1712 on: November 19, 2022, 08:13:22 AM »

Just a shower thought: considering how it'sbeen trending at the Prezi level, does Forsyth County flip at the Congressional/Prezi level in the next decade?

I think Dems will hit 40% there by 2030, but it’s hard to imagine actually seeing it go blue in that time. It would take a harder swing than Fayette County needed from 2012-22, and Fayette has the black growth that Forsyth is lacking.

Forsyth is more trending bluer because of racist boomers dying off and the younger whites there being more moderate/liberal, but still isn’t close to a winning coalition yet.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1713 on: November 19, 2022, 08:25:31 AM »

It's roughly where Gwinnett was in 2004. It took a dozen years and Trump to go Democratic in a presidential election. I don't imagine it'll be that easy for Forsyth though. I'm sure there are some Georgia posters here that know best and have info on migration and sprawl patterns of the Atlanta metro. I'm guessing Cherokee County will be far more stubborn.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1714 on: November 19, 2022, 08:51:40 AM »

Vampires and Warewolves for Warlock!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1715 on: November 19, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »

Helps to put back into perspective how all the crap they gave Fetterman was just in bad faith
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1716 on: November 19, 2022, 11:35:24 AM »

Looks like Warnock’s lead had inched up to 37,670 votes, or 0.95%. Considering the drop in black turnout, this is a very impressive performance on Warnock’s part.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1717 on: November 19, 2022, 12:26:55 PM »

Warnock has the best ad game I think I've ever seen.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1718 on: November 19, 2022, 02:17:02 PM »

kwabbit

« Reply #1719 on: November 19, 2022, 03:20:46 PM »

It's roughly where Gwinnett was in 2004. It took a dozen years and Trump to go Democratic in a presidential election. I don't imagine it'll be that easy for Forsyth though. I'm sure there are some Georgia posters here that know best and have info on migration and sprawl patterns of the Atlanta metro. I'm guessing Cherokee County will be far more stubborn.

Forsyth still doesn’t have much Black migration. It has a booming Asian population, but the Democrats would have get close among Whites to win the county. They’ll get to 40% quickly though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1720 on: November 19, 2022, 06:12:02 PM »

Forsyth still doesn’t have much Black migration. It has a booming Asian population, but the Democrats would have get close among Whites to win the county. They’ll get to 40% quickly though.

Forsyth is (I believe) the only White-majority county in the state where Blacks are not the largest minority.
kwabbit

« Reply #1721 on: November 19, 2022, 06:17:20 PM »

Forsyth is (I believe) the only White-majority county in the state where Blacks are not the largest minority.

The tradition of segregation and exclusion in the county is still powerful at discouraging Black migration. It's no coincidence that it's the nadir of Black migration and the epicenter of Asian migration.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1722 on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:47 PM »

I got polled today, text to web from Research Polls, which I’ve never heard of before.
BloJo94
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1723 on: November 19, 2022, 10:21:16 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2022, 11:46:28 PM by BloJo94 »

Brad Raffensperger was on MSNBC a few days ago and was asked by Chuck Todd if Herschel Walker was a candidate he could support. He dodged the question saying he doesn’t endorse as Sec of State.

This is a complete flip from 2020 when he said on ABC that he was still supporting Loeffler and Perdue after they told him to resign.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1724 on: November 21, 2022, 10:33:25 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies