Kentucky 2023 gubernatorial election megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:53:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky 2023 gubernatorial election megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33
Poll
Question: Rate the 2023 Kentucky gubernatorial election
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tossup/tilt D

Tossup/tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 262

Author Topic: Kentucky 2023 gubernatorial election megathread  (Read 48017 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: November 03, 2023, 08:28:11 AM »

The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #501 on: November 03, 2023, 09:56:42 AM »

I have no idea what to think about this race anymore. I wouldn’t be surprised by either side winning by >5.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #502 on: November 03, 2023, 10:31:06 AM »

If Bashear loses, blame will rest firmly on the squad and their more nuanced view on HAMAS.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #503 on: November 03, 2023, 10:32:46 AM »

If Bashear loses, blame will rest firmly on the squad and their more nuanced view on HAMAS.

Well is the Israel/Gaza war a pressing issue in Kentucky
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #504 on: November 03, 2023, 11:53:43 AM »

We've had so little polling here that that one Emerson poll has made headlines on multiple websites. I don't like Emerson as a pollster so that's painful for me.  Cry
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #505 on: November 03, 2023, 12:27:36 PM »

Well is the Israel/Gaza war a pressing issue in Kentucky
Lol no
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #506 on: November 03, 2023, 12:51:57 PM »

My election night guide for surviving election night.

If you are Democrat, remove all shape knifes, guns, and razor blades. Make sure your
Prozac prescription is not empty.

If you are a Republican, call a cab after your victory party!

lol
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #507 on: November 03, 2023, 01:42:55 PM »

The KY posters may be able to confirm this, but my impression is that this race is slipping away from Beshear at the last minute.

Cameron has been far more on message in recent days, relentlessly nationalizing the race and painting Beshear as a national Democrat on two of the most unpopular political stances in the state: his support for Joe Biden and his support for draconian COVID lockdowns.

Previously, Beshear had managed to put Cameron on the defensive on abortion, his ties to Bevin, etc. while Cameron's own attacks were comparatively weak (e.g. on trans rights), but that seems to have changed, and it’s not good for Beshear.

Might turn into another example of "incumbent wishing the election had been held one week earlier."
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #508 on: November 03, 2023, 01:45:06 PM »

The KY posters may be able to confirm this, but my impression is that this race is slipping away from Beshear at the last minute.

Cameron has been far more on message in recent days, relentlessly nationalizing the race and painting Beshear as a national Democrat on two of the most unpopular political stances in the state: his support for Joe Biden and his support for draconian COVID lockdowns.

Previously, Beshear had managed to put Cameron on the defensive on abortion, his ties to Bevin, etc. while Cameron's own attacks were comparatively weak (e.g. on trans rights), but that seems to have changed, and it’s not good for Beshear.

Might turn into another example of "incumbent wishing the election had been held one week earlier."

I doubt Cameron is able to turn the race around in one week though.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #509 on: November 03, 2023, 01:47:04 PM »

Or it could be that Cameron would have been able to win if the election was held a week later, but whatever momentum he might have now still isn't enough.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #510 on: November 03, 2023, 01:47:48 PM »

This seems like real copium. I only have an outsider perspective, but literally nothing about this race has seemed to change in the last month. Democrats have been outspending Republicans, Camerons attacks have been weak week after week - why would his attacks - the same "BESHEAR = TRANS BATHROOMS!!" work now when it hasn't been working this entire campaign? Same with COVID stuff. That is over and done with, there's no reason why it would suddenly click now when it didn't a month ago.

Like, literally nothing Cameron is/has been doing is any different than what he's been doing the entire campaign. It's amazing what Emerson (of all places) poll will do to some peoples brains.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #511 on: November 03, 2023, 01:48:04 PM »

That’s the question, but I wonder just how soft a lot of the support for Beshear is.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #512 on: November 03, 2023, 01:50:51 PM »

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #513 on: November 03, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »

That’s the question, but I wonder just how soft a lot of the support for Beshear is.

A lot of it could be undecideds just coming home, rather than actual Beshear support shifting to Cameron.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #514 on: November 03, 2023, 01:51:16 PM »

Inb4 someone says "MUH WHITMER" "MUH GRISHAM"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #515 on: November 03, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »

Wondering if RGA will leak a poll. They've been pretty quiet; just releasing that Beshear +2 poll weeks ago.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #516 on: November 03, 2023, 01:55:02 PM »

Inb4 someone says "MUH WHITMER" "MUH GRISHAM"
It still, even years later, baffles me just how reckless and nonchalant republicans demanded the government be during covid.
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #517 on: November 03, 2023, 02:02:06 PM »

Its interesting how one Emerson poll has changed the vibes of this race, ar least on the forum.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #518 on: November 03, 2023, 02:11:44 PM »

Its interesting how one Emerson poll has changed the vibes of this race, ar least on the forum.

It hasn’t really. Most people still expect Beshear to win.
Birdish
Bartlet2002
United States

« Reply #519 on: November 03, 2023, 02:21:10 PM »

It seems to me that both here and on other websites, we are now discussing Cameron having momentum.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #520 on: November 03, 2023, 02:25:35 PM »

It seems to me that both here and on other websites, we are now discussing Cameron having momentum.

I think most expect the race will be close. Few expect it to actually go Cameron’s way.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #521 on: November 03, 2023, 02:49:19 PM »

If Cameron wins, how much momentum do you think that gives the GOP heading into 2024?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #522 on: November 03, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »

Emerson is the only non partisan or PAC pollster so it's all wr have.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #523 on: November 03, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »

If Cameron wins, how much momentum do you think that gives the GOP heading into 2024?

Apparently more than if Beshear wins for Democrats.

It's pretty rich, isn't it? How Republucans doing well in next week's elections signal doom for the Democratic Party, but if Democrats have a good night next week...well, it doesn't mean anything, because the Trump voters will make up for that when he's on the ballot, or whatever.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #524 on: November 03, 2023, 03:46:14 PM »

Same thing happened to the forum after one tweet with a news clip of a woman in Mississippi saying she's flipping to Presley. This site is too reactionary.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies