PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:31:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 289953 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5225 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01:52 PM »

Dasha burns deserves an apology
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5226 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01:58 PM »

I was nervous before the debate, and I'm scared to death now. I'd like to say "debates don't matter" but this one will of course when the media gives the W to Oz. Democrats are consistently held to higher standards, in every category.

Omg dude

This is beyond politics

The Democratic Party is actively engaging in special needs abuse by putting this unwell man on a debate stage

He
Cannot
Talk

I thought you were "done with this board." That was fast.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #5227 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:14 PM »

The abortion line was pretty stupid in a state like Pennsylvania. Obviously Roe isn't going to be the only issue in the election, but saying abortion should be "between a woman, her doctor, and local political leaders" is very stupid. Got to imagine that gem ends up in some late ads.

In a just world, that would be the takeaway tonight.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5228 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:18 PM »

The Georgia debate was only a "loss" because Warnock didn't put Walker away like he should've.

This, from the ten minutes I've seen, was painful.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5229 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:25 PM »

Fetterman literally just said "a signal mom". I actually feel bad, I wouldn't wish ill health on people

Well, we all know that’s not true
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5230 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:29 PM »

What the f@ck is this anti-disabled rhetoric? Fetterman is clearly there mentally just not physically.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5231 on: October 25, 2022, 08:02:44 PM »

Not good for either of them. Fetterman sounded tired and Oz came across as a jackass. I doubt it'll change much.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #5232 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:28 PM »

Fetterman +2, Fetterman +4 my ***.

We're gonna look back at those polls and say "What the heck were we thinking?"
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #5233 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »

The abortion line was pretty stupid in a state like Pennsylvania. Obviously Roe isn't going to be the only issue in the election, but saying abortion should be "between a woman, her doctor, and local political leaders" is very stupid. Got to imagine that gem ends up in some late ads.

Yeah, normally I'd say this debate was a disaster for Fetterman based on what I've seen, but that quote is a goldmine for his team. Wouldn't surprise me if there are more undecided voters now than a couple hours ago.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5234 on: October 25, 2022, 08:03:42 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5235 on: October 25, 2022, 08:04:06 PM »

I asked my far more woke oriented partner what he thought. He said Fetterman was a  basket case, and often incoherent, but despite that thought Fetterman came across more real than the more synthetic Oz. My opinion is that real as opposed to synthetic politicians are a rarity.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #5236 on: October 25, 2022, 08:04:20 PM »

Fetterman might be the worst debater I’ve ever seen in my life
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5237 on: October 25, 2022, 08:04:25 PM »

Ultimately that will determine who “won” the debate. Who can make the most ads from it. There’s enough material for the Fetterman campaign for the next 13 days.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5238 on: October 25, 2022, 08:04:30 PM »

What the f@ck is this anti-disabled rhetoric? Fetterman is clearly there mentally just not physically.
Seriously calling him brain dead or saying he’s special needs it pretty revolting stuff
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #5239 on: October 25, 2022, 08:05:40 PM »

Donald J Trump would liked to inform you that voters can go for the more 'authentic' option even if they perform worse.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #5240 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:12 PM »

I was nervous before the debate, and I'm scared to death now. I'd like to say "debates don't matter" but this one will of course when the media gives the W to Oz. Democrats are consistently held to higher standards, in every category.

Omg dude

This is beyond politics

The Democratic Party is actively engaging in special needs abuse by putting this unwell man on a debate stage

He
Cannot
Talk

South Dakota Senator Tim Johnson could speak MUCH less well than Fetterman after his stroke (and he never really recovered in that regard), yet was reelected with over 60% in 2008.  Like Fetterman, it was clear his cognitive abilities had not suffered, even if he couldn't verbally express his thoughts well.  He also didn't debate his opponent that year, though, so there's that.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5241 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:14 PM »

I don't think the debate really matters in the sense it'll actually persuade many voters directly.

However, there were clearly a few soundbites that came out of this that depending upon how the campaigns use could be powerful.

Fetterman's speech really seemed to rollercoaster throughout the debate. There were some parts where he expressed points relatively powerfully whereas in other parts he was extremely unclear and those are the parts that the Oz campaign will likely latch on to.

I feel like Oz kinda talked a bit too fast and I wonder if that was on purpose to try and contrast himself with Fetterman?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #5242 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:33 PM »

Fetterman might be the worst debater I’ve ever seen in my life
To be fair he did have a stroke. I'm sure he'd be better than Herschel Walker at least before that.

But you can only grade on a curve so much. Lots of voters will be evaluating Fetterman as he is right now, not Fetterman as he was a year ago or as he might potentially be in a couple years.

Normally I think dodging debates is an extremely dumb move, but in Fetterman's unique case I can see why they tried.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5243 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:42 PM »

Seriously calling him brain dead or saying he’s special needs it pretty revolting stuff

He's not brain dead because of a stroke, he's brain dead because the policies he supports are so destructive.  I'm being charitable by saying that and not evil.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #5244 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »

Ultimately that will determine who “won” the debate. Who can make the most ads from it. There’s enough material for the Fetterman campaign for the next 13 days.

Exactly. Unless I'm badly mistaken, basically nobody watches non-Presidential debates live. They are mostly important as a mine for opposition ads in the event of a candidate ing up. Plenty of material after today. I don't think anyone will deny that Oz won the debate, but he may not have done enough to actually win this race given his own issues.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5245 on: October 25, 2022, 08:08:10 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2022, 08:19:33 PM by KaiserDave »

The debate was bad for Fetterman.

But I'm going to focus on right now the seething hatred for disabled people in this thread, shame on you all. I'm not sure how you look yourselves in the mirror and be comfortable with what you see, with your disgusting, utterly revolting attacks on some of the most vulnerable in our society, and people in recovery. Shame, shame on you. Some of you posters are need to seriously consider the value of empathy, or at least not being such superfluously nasty creatures.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #5246 on: October 25, 2022, 08:08:23 PM »

Joe Biden has moments of incoherence while Fetterman had moments of coherence. He actually would've won this debate if his brain wasn't fried.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #5247 on: October 25, 2022, 08:08:39 PM »

i cant believe dr freaking oz might be my senator. fml
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5248 on: October 25, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »

Anyways folks, Fetterman will likely lose but it won't be due to this debate. In the end, I think swing voters will have sympathy for him (his favorables remain fine) and, clearly, they think Dr. Oz is an insincere douchebag but they'll tend to prefer Oz because of "the issues". In other words, unless Fetterman was a truly special candidate, he was always at risk of losing.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5249 on: October 25, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »

I didn't hear anything about the puppies?  I was told that was a game changer.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies