Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 290460 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: September 02, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »

New yougov out

Approve 44
Disapprove 49
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2026 on: September 02, 2021, 04:58:41 PM »

wbrocks wondered how come pollsters show Biden down by high single digits in Florida and New Hampshire. Well, Marist #s tell it all.

Approve
43/51  (RV)
80/12 (among Biden 2020 voters)
3/95 (among Trump voters)

Strongly:
20/42
   (RV)
39/6 (among Biden 2020 voters)
3/87 (among Trump voters)

If it remains as this (big if) = likely big entusiasm problem.

Holy smokes 87% strongly dissaproval? That's crazy
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2027 on: September 02, 2021, 05:03:29 PM »

wbrocks wondered how come pollsters show Biden down by high single digits in Florida and New Hampshire. Well, Marist #s tell it all.

Approve
43/51  (RV)
80/12 (among Biden 2020 voters)
3/95 (among Trump voters)

Strongly:
20/42
   (RV)
39/6 (among Biden 2020 voters)
3/87 (among Trump voters)

If it remains as this (big if) = likely big entusiasm problem.

Holy smokes 87% strongly dissaproval? That's crazy

is it though? it's no surprise Trump voters likely all just check off 'strongly disapprove' for Biden no matter what he's doing
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2028 on: September 02, 2021, 05:06:37 PM »

I expect Bidens polls to bottom out right now, as most are including or taken right around when the 13 troops died. That was easily the worst coverage he got, so I'm not surprised to see bad numbers around that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2029 on: September 02, 2021, 05:08:18 PM »

Stop worrying about polls so much today's FL poll proves that it's a 304 map, FL was won by Trump by three pts and we lead in Cali and VA and NJ election
.it's a 304 map by Nate Silver and had been since 2020/ Biden polls were only at 60% during height when everyone got shots in arms and 1400 and now CDC Eviction ban and Unemployment and UBI benefits are going away

D's not teeing Unemployment hurts their chances
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2030 on: September 02, 2021, 05:35:55 PM »

Stop worrying about polls so much today's FL poll proves that it's a 304 map, FL was won by Trump by three pts and we lead in Cali and VA and NJ election
.it's a 304 map by Nate Silver and had been since 2020/ Biden polls were only at 60% during height when everyone got shots in arms and 1400 and now CDC Eviction ban and Unemployment and UBI benefits are going away

D's not teeing Unemployment hurts their chances

Shut up

You the one that needs to you keep talking about 44/49 Approvals and Biden won 80M votes, Rs will never come close to winning 80M votes

It's already on You tube Nate Silver Maps projecting an RH, DS and D Majority Govs

Rs have dominated the H since 1992, but not the Senate ofrPrez, Bush W won on dimpled chads, and Trump won on a Russian hack attack on DNC and was impeached twice
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2031 on: September 02, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »

I expect Bidens polls to bottom out right now, as most are including or taken right around when the 13 troops died. That was easily the worst coverage he got, so I'm not surprised to see bad numbers around that.
With the acception to the NPR poll Biden is pretty stable in 45-50 range
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2032 on: September 02, 2021, 06:02:12 PM »

With the acception to the NPR poll Biden is pretty stable in 45-50 range

There were pretty few good polls lately. Most are from daily/weekly trackers like YouGov/Morning Consult/Rasmussen/Ipsos. I'd love to see more polls from more pollsters. We'll probably get a bunch from CNN/Fox/Monmouth/ABC etc in coming days/weeks. Would love to see one from Selzer, hehe.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/biden-approval/

Few A-rated polls.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2033 on: September 02, 2021, 06:03:00 PM »

It would be the Yang thing to do to give another UBI payments, SSA and Disabled persons don't qualify for a State Stimulus due to EITC

But no, Biden wants to be like Trump and so do Nancy n and Sinema and withhold UBI PAYMENTS we pay taxes on its not their monies, it's our monies and after 120K of Monies, the rich dpnt pay anymore SSO Taxes

Biden if they lose the H due to his Medicare Approvals, they deserve it, the fare about Donations to Act blue, anyways
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2034 on: September 02, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »

I wonder how much of this is Afghanistan-related and how much of it is COVID-related. From my anecdotal experience, non-partisan Nebraska voters are more disgusted by the COVID situation than Afghanistan.

The frustrating thing is that the pandemic still going on really isn't his fault. What more can he do? We're at the point in the pandemic where the burden is entirely on dimwits who would rather eat horse paste than wear a mask or get vaccinated. That's what is so frustrating about the way this country reacts to the job of the President: if something goes wrong they go straight to "well, I hate Biden now."

I suppose part of it might be the double-edged sword of him running on competence back in 2020. With how Americans' expectations are, if he does something even remotely imperfect it now means that he is the incompetent, dementia-addled man he was always accused of and that Trump would be better now, who got by on the reverse of getting a pat on the back when he didn't completely f*** something up.

It's why I am often just as frustrated with Democrats as I am with Republicans. If we want to bring balance back to this country, that is severely tipping in the direction of right wing autocracy, we have to be just as hackish as they are. You can criticize Biden all you like, it's fair in some circumstances, but we have to support him in spite of that since he is the only thing buying our country time until the next Republican trifecta irrevocably transforms it into the dystopia ("utopia" to them) they've always clamored for. Time is running out and we've already f***ed up so much.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2035 on: September 02, 2021, 06:20:10 PM »

I wonder how much of this is Afghanistan-related and how much of it is COVID-related. From my anecdotal experience, non-partisan Nebraska voters are more disgusted by the COVID situation than Afghanistan.

The frustrating thing is that the pandemic still going on really isn't his fault. What more can he do? We're at the point in the pandemic where the burden is entirely on dimwits who would rather eat horse paste than wear a mask or get vaccinated. That's what is so frustrating about the way this country reacts to the job of the President: if something goes wrong they go straight to "well, I hate Biden now."

I suppose part of it might be the double-edged sword of him running on competence back in 2020. With how Americans' expectations are, if he does something even remotely imperfect it now means that he is the incompetent, dementia-addled man he was always accused of and that Trump would be better now, who got by on the reverse of getting a pat on the back when he didn't completely f*** something up.

It's why I am often just as frustrated with Democrats as I am with Republicans. If we want to bring balance back to this country, that is severely tipping in the direction of right wing autocracy, we have to be just as hackish as they are. You can criticize Biden all you like, it's fair in some circumstances, but we have to support him in spite of that since he is the only thing buying our country time until the next Republican trifecta irrevocably transforms it into the dystopia ("utopia" to them) they've always clamored for. Time is running out and we've already f***ed up so much.

The frustration comes from the liberal push to force more mandates on the vaccinated, which is in Biden and the Democrats' control.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2036 on: September 02, 2021, 06:34:37 PM »

The frustration comes from the liberal push to force more mandates on the vaccinated, which is in Biden and the Democrats' control.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2037 on: September 02, 2021, 07:13:37 PM »

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/september-national-poll-americans-say-us-lost-war-in-afghanistan-blame-bush

AUG 30-SEP 1, 2021
A-
Emerson College
1,200 RV

46 (-3 since Feb)
47 (+8 since Feb)

Bonus:
Trump +1 vs Biden

Lol Romney
LOL DeSantis
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2038 on: September 02, 2021, 07:26:51 PM »

It's probably not going to be DeSantis or Trump if 2024 is about Covid and Afghanistan (they will be looking for hawks like Cotton or Rubio). Maybe if it goes back to being about the racial issues like police brutality and immigration they'd have a chance. They are both pretty good for Republicans on religious issues, but there are better Republicans on religion issues...like Hawley.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2039 on: September 02, 2021, 10:15:18 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2021, 10:35:07 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Biden Approvals are very close to 50/45% Approval he got on Election night, he has always been there, the only time he wasn't when everyone gotten 1400 and shot in arms and Covid was leaving

No he has cancelled all UBI payments and unemployment is gonna Expire after Labor day, like he is Trump not a D's

Don't forget this Biden voted for 2005 Bush W Bankruptcy bill

Look at ELECTION RESULTS 2020 BIDEN 50/45% AND HE GOT A 304 NOT 413 MAP, THESE POLLS JUST VERIFY EHAT WE APRES ONOW

2016 306 map in an R direction, 2018 wlot wadls a 304 map and in 2020 as well

With exception D's will win AK, KS and KY Govs again

Beshear and Kelly and Walker are very popular
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2040 on: September 03, 2021, 07:52:38 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2021, 08:01:55 AM by ElectionsGuy »

Joe Biden's approval is now worse than Obama's was at the time of the 2010 elections:

To put things in perspective: Trump's approval at the time of the 2018 elections was roughly -9. He polled 6 points below his national polling numbers in 2016, and Republicans did about 6 points worse in the national congressional vote than Trump did for President. Biden is now polling about 12(!) points worse in approval vs his national polling numbers in 2020. That would suggest an upper single-digit Republican romp nationally in 2022 if it stays.

It's worth pointing out that it's possible that this is Biden's low point. Trump had an awful first year of approval and, against historical precedent, trended upwards in approval as time went on. But that's not typical, and so far Biden's presidency is following a more traditional approval trend (downward as time goes on). Democrats' hope to hang on to power relies on him bouncing back significantly and this being a unique blip.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2041 on: September 03, 2021, 08:14:05 AM »

ABC News/Washington Post, Aug. 29-Sep. 1, 1006 adults (change from late June)

Approve 44 (-6)
Disapprove 51 (+9)

Strongly approve 25 (-5)
Strongly disapprove 42 (+7)

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2042 on: September 03, 2021, 08:15:59 AM »

Ipsos Core Political Data (weekly), Sep. 1-2, 1005 adults

Approve 46 (-3)
Disapprove 48 (+2)

Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2043 on: September 03, 2021, 08:22:01 AM »

Joe Biden's approval is now worse than Obama's was at the time of the 2010 elections:

To put things in perspective: Trump's approval at the time of the 2018 elections was roughly -9. He polled 6 points below his national polling numbers in 2016, and Republicans did about 6 points worse in the national congressional vote than Trump did for President. Biden is now polling about 12(!) points worse in approval vs his national polling numbers in 2020. That would suggest an upper single-digit Republican romp nationally in 2022 if it stays.

It's worth pointing out that it's possible that this is Biden's low point. Trump had an awful first year of approval and, against historical precedent, trended upwards in approval as time went on. But that's not typical, and so far Biden's presidency is following a more traditional approval trend (downward as time goes on). Democrats' hope to hang on to power relies on him bouncing back significantly and this being a unique blip.

Biden is polling six points worse than his national numbers in 2020, not 12 (51%-45%=6%).  Dems would be looking at something like a 2010/2014 popular vote edge for Republicans in 2022 (between five and seven points). 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2044 on: September 03, 2021, 08:27:51 AM »

Biden is polling six points worse than his national numbers in 2020, not 12 (51%-45%=6%).  Dems would be looking at something like a 2010/2014 popular vote edge for Republicans in 2022 (between five and seven points).  

Margin, not raw %. He was at +7.2 in RCP's national average before the election and is at -4.6 now. Now, I have a large range of possibilities in mind for 2022 because how "off" these polls are compared to how off the election ones were is a genuine question, but if this is the case on election day R+ mid to upper single digits is the most plausible outcome.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2045 on: September 03, 2021, 08:30:45 AM »

ABC News/Washington Post, Aug. 29-Sep. 1, 1006 adults (change from late June)

Approve 44 (-6)
Disapprove 51 (+9)

Strongly approve 25 (-5)
Strongly disapprove 42 (+7)

Approval among:
Dems 86%
Indies 36%
Reps 8%

Handling Afghanistan
30/60

of those who approves withdrawal:
26/52

Blame for Kabul terrorist attack on Bidens's handling
Great deal 38
Good Amount 15
Not much 22
Not at all 21

Accept refugees:
68/27

Longer trend:
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2046 on: September 03, 2021, 08:48:19 AM »

Biden is polling six points worse than his national numbers in 2020, not 12 (51%-45%=6%).  Dems would be looking at something like a 2010/2014 popular vote edge for Republicans in 2022 (between five and seven points).  

Margin, not raw %. He was at +7.2 in RCP's national average before the election and is at -4.6 now. Now, I have a large range of possibilities in mind for 2022 because how "off" these polls are compared to how off the election ones were is a genuine question, but if this is the case on election day R+ mid to upper single digits is the most plausible outcome.

The 2018 national polling was actually pretty accurate.  Obama was at -11 on Election Day in 2014:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_bush_first_term_job_approval.html

Again, Biden’s approval in this range likely results in a 2010/2014 popular vote (five to seven points)and similar number of House seats (238-248 range).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2047 on: September 03, 2021, 09:46:56 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2021, 09:50:08 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

The 44% Approvals just shows that D's have lost the Blue wave insurance seats, but Biden is acting Trumpism, by not getting Joe Manchin, Tester and Sinema aboard on another UBI payments of 140i, it's not CONGRESS monies it's our Social Security taxes we paid into system and one more check won't hurt

The Yang UBI payments called on Congress to enact it until COVID is OVER, not when there are factory jobs that are quota jobs and can be lost, easily

Some people lost their jobs they got under the Pandemic, 350K people keep filing new claims every week

What do you expect from Biden whom helped Bush W pass the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform bill

Hillary abstain and Obama voted No on the bill

Some people have on their signature Charles Booker, Cheri Beasley, Demings, and Ryan all winning, the Emerson polls just affirm the Nate Silver obvious it's a 304 not 413 blue wall map

But, the same users thought the same D's to win last time, it just makes my job easier, I don't donate to Candidates that's already win, I donate to wave insurance candidates, I don't have to Donate

Obama with Emanuel told D's to keep Pelosi after ,2010, she badly botched the Reconciliation and Infrastructure deal, Rs won't vote for Infrastructure if it's tied to Reconciliation, just like she botched the 2.2T and she settled on 900B

Biden won't be at 44% Nov 2022, it will be exactly where it was on Election night 2020 50/45%, the Election is 500 days and with 44% Approvals D's are still leading in VA and Cali and NJ

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2048 on: September 03, 2021, 11:06:46 AM »

What is obvious is that the election will be decided by people who approved of him last month and don't approve of him now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2049 on: September 03, 2021, 12:27:29 PM »

Ossoff and Warnock also campaigned on 2K checks and won and Ro Khanna did too so you can't say that it was all Trump doing, but the Economy will be Strong by 2024/ if D's lose the H narrowly, if Covid is over We will win TX Senate in 2024 if Joaquin Castro not Beto runs

We need the 1400 checks shoes, now, not wait til 2024
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies