Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:06:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267870 times)
Motorcity

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5075 on: January 06, 2021, 09:58:01 AM »

So suffice to say, judging by black turnout, it appears that racist attacks on Warnock backfired bigly.

I think one big takeaway from this was not to go after Black people’s religious the way Loeffler did. She really pissed them off, it seems cause he’s killing her in rural black counties.

Loeffler is one of the worst Republican candidates to have run in the past dozen years, in the same tier as such worthies as Mourdock, Akin, Moore, O'Donnell, Angle, Bachmann, McSally, and Palin, to throw out some names. I still have no idea what Brian Kemp was thinking when he appointed her. It could very well be said that Loeffler dragged Perdue down in defeat with her.
Kemp picked her because he thought it would help with moderate suburban women

I really do want to hear his logic. Why would someone worth 800 million and whose husband is the literal chairman of the NYSE appeal to Georgia voters?Huh?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5076 on: January 06, 2021, 09:58:49 AM »

I am saying it right now: If either Ossoff or Warnock wins, I'll leave the forum for 1 solid year.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #5077 on: January 06, 2021, 09:59:11 AM »

I don't follow senate races with the interest that I should, but I can at least say

1. "Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell"
2. Purdue losing almost makes up for Bill Nelson losing in 2018. But the evil ones got a Supreme Court justice out of that.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5078 on: January 06, 2021, 09:59:58 AM »

So suffice to say, judging by black turnout, it appears that racist attacks on Warnock backfired bigly.

I think one big takeaway from this was not to go after Black people’s religious the way Loeffler did. She really pissed them off, it seems cause he’s killing her in rural black counties.

Loeffler is one of the worst Republican candidates to have run in the past dozen years, in the same tier as such worthies as Mourdock, Akin, Moore, O'Donnell, Angle, Bachmann, McSally, and Palin, to throw out some names. I still have no idea what Brian Kemp was thinking when he appointed her. It could very well be said that Loeffler dragged Perdue down in defeat with her.

I really do want to hear his logic. Why would someone worth 800 million and whose husband is the literal chairman of the NYSE appeal to Georgia voters?Huh?

Maybe because she is a suburban woman herself. And he didn't think she would run the kind of campaign she did.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5079 on: January 06, 2021, 10:01:38 AM »

I don't follow senate races with the interest that I should, but I can at least say

1. "Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell"
2. Purdue losing almost makes up for Bill Nelson losing in 2018. But the evil ones got a Supreme Court justice out of that.
3. I should get an avatar by going to "profile" then to "Forum Profile Information" and select my political party and state
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5080 on: January 06, 2021, 10:02:51 AM »

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5081 on: January 06, 2021, 10:07:58 AM »

From my understanding, her elitism aside, she was kind of an unknown going into the Senate. I don't think anyone expected her to be one of the most deranged Republicans in the country. She's on par with the Marjorie Taylor Greenes and Roy Moores of the GOP.
Motorcity

« Reply #5082 on: January 06, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »

Maybe because she is a suburban woman herself. And he didn't think she would run the kind of campaign she did.
Kelly Loeffler is not suburban. Living in a multi million dollar mansion that happens to be in a suburban area does not make you suburban. This should be common sense.

"Suburban" means middle class that are somewhat financially secure but are still squeezed. Typically 30-50 and home owners and college educated.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5083 on: January 06, 2021, 10:12:24 AM »

Per CNN, appears that counting has resumed in the Atlanta area.  

They're also apparently not playing around anymore:

"Trump to speak to supporters in desperate coup attempt."
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5084 on: January 06, 2021, 10:14:26 AM »

Kelly Loeffler is not suburban. Living in a multi million dollar mansion that happens to be in a suburban area does not make you suburban. This should be common sense.

"Suburban" means middle class that are somewhat financially secure but are still squeezed. Typically 30-50 and home owners and college educated.

This is a bit off topic, but I have noticed a push on both the left and right to pretend that average suburbanites are multi-millionaire elitists.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5085 on: January 06, 2021, 10:18:07 AM »

Note to New York: THIS is how to run an election!
Now imagine if New York was a competitive state.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #5086 on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »

It's hilarious to me that Trump went full kamikaze against his own party once he realized he lost. From  depressing the turnout, to attacking Georgia GOP officials, to the 2k checks and now starting a GOP civil war for absolutely no reason.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #5087 on: January 06, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »

Email newsletter from PPP detailing some of the work they did on these runoffs.

Interestingly, their first polls saw Ossoff at a clear disadvantage, which we never picked up. However, their final polls and ours were nearly identical.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #5088 on: January 06, 2021, 10:24:24 AM »

There is going to be at least one Democratic senator in Georgia until at least 2027. At which point, the state might be lean D. And there will be a Democratic trifecta in Washington.

Wow. My pre-Trump faith in America is feeling at least a little rekindled today.

I really hope that Ossoff, Warnock or Abrams get onto the Presidential ticket at some point. They've all managed to change American history for the today, and I hope we get to see that continue going forward. Bring on the '20s!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5089 on: January 06, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »

It's hilarious to me that Trump went full kamikaze against his own party once he realized he lost. From  depressing the turnout, to attacking Georgia GOP officials, to the 2k checks and now starting a GOP civil war for absolutely no reason.

Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #5090 on: January 06, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »

Or a BRTD thread
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5091 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:08 AM »

So, because O comes before W in the alphabet, Ossoff is going to be the senior Senator, right? Will he be the youngest senior Senator ever?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5092 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »

Not sure if I buy this, but it couldn't have helped.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5093 on: January 06, 2021, 10:31:51 AM »

So, because O comes before W in the alphabet, Ossoff is going to be the senior Senator, right? Will he be the youngest senior Senator ever?

He should defer to Warnock since W got more votes.
Baki
Rookie
Croatia

« Reply #5094 on: January 06, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »

Ossof's lead widens to 17025.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5095 on: January 06, 2021, 10:36:53 AM »

Not sure if I buy this, but it couldn't have helped.

I feel like this may have been what pushed Warnock over 60% in Gwinnett.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5096 on: January 06, 2021, 10:38:22 AM »

He should defer to Warnock since W got more votes.

Also I suppose if there's a recount, Warnock could end up taking office before Ossoff.
MplsDem
Rookie

« Reply #5097 on: January 06, 2021, 10:40:17 AM »

Is there any chance that Ossoff's lead will get out of recount territory?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5098 on: January 06, 2021, 10:40:36 AM »

It almost certainly will.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5099 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:03 AM »

It almost certainly will.

Yeah. I suspect media outlets will call it then.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies