Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 12:51:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 268366 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5150 on: January 06, 2021, 11:44:45 AM »

It is so glorious to see that evil, corrupt, and lying son of a pig David Perdue go down! I never again have to see an ad where Perdue smiles and says military bases will be defunded by Democrats

Well, he put that idea on the ballot and it won. Let's get to work on defunding those bases.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5151 on: January 06, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »

There seems to be around 20,000 Perdue-Warnock voters. I knew there would be some, but thats a lot more than I thought. Why is that? Just didn't like a women? Or are they Lincoln Republicans who can't stand Leoffler

yes
I'm torn between replying initially either maybe, or just nonsense. The fact is that, for all of Purdue's shortcomings - - I certainly am no fan--he is a profoundly better candidate than Kelly loffler. The woman is Cersei Lannister incarnate.

I'm frankly surprised even in this day and age of polarization that there were that few Purdue - Warnock voters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5152 on: January 06, 2021, 11:45:31 AM »

It is so glorious to see that evil, corrupt, and lying son of a pig David Perdue go down! I never again have to see an ad where Perdue smiles and says military bases will be defunded by Democrats

Well, he put that idea on the ballot and it won. Let's get to work on defunding those bases.

Clowns 🤡 like you belong in the circus, not in politics
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5153 on: January 06, 2021, 11:46:46 AM »

NBC changed it's characterization of the Ossoff race from Too Close to Call to Too Close to Call with Ossoff leading, which means they think he'll win.

Pussies
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5154 on: January 06, 2021, 11:47:26 AM »

Clowns 🤡 like you belong in the circus, not in politics

Don't worry, I'll donate some brownies for the bake sale the military can use to raise money the good old fashioned way.
n1240

« Reply #5155 on: January 06, 2021, 11:48:01 AM »

County breakdown of remaining absentee ballots-

These are all close to what I posted two hours ago except I'm pretty sure the numbers for Meriwether and Thomas are wrong in that tweet (probably close to 0 for both).
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5156 on: January 06, 2021, 11:48:39 AM »

NBC changed it's characterization of the Ossoff race from Too Close to Call to Too Close to Call with Ossoff leading, which means they think he'll win.

Pussies

Grab ‘em.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5157 on: January 06, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »

Per CNN: GA elections official Gabriel Sterling says that there is about 14,000 outstanding military ballots.  

Worth watching because it could pull Ossoff back into recount range.  

There's at least 60K absentee ballots out, which are going to break heavily for Dems. I don't think so
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5158 on: January 06, 2021, 11:49:59 AM »

If anybody's watching the presser on CNN, this sign-language guy is KILLING it.  

He’s a Certified Deaf Interpreter. There’s a hearing interpreter off screen signing to him and he’s interpreting it as a Deaf person would in order to better reach that community.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5159 on: January 06, 2021, 11:50:29 AM »

Apparently, there was another runoff on the ballot, according to the SoS results page.

It was won by a woman called Lauren McDonald, a Republican, for an office I have never heard of.

She even got more votes than Warnock ...

Will the Republicans still cry fraud despite winning that one ?

Not a woman. Lauren used to be a male name.

https://ballotpedia.org/Bubba_McDonald

Also, he's an incumbent for a district in Northern Georgia

He would've won even if he was running against Jesus on a platform of torturing puppies and permanently cancelling Christmas and joy

He actually won quite narrowly
n1240

« Reply #5160 on: January 06, 2021, 11:50:56 AM »

Per CNN: GA elections official Gabriel Sterling says that there is about 14,000 outstanding military ballots.  

Outstanding in this case means have not been received yet but can still be received, I think back in November there was like 9k outstanding after Nov 3 and maybe 10% of those were actually received.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5161 on: January 06, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

I don't really buy either this whole "Reps were going to win until last week" - this race has seemed generally static for a while now (Pollster confirmed this), and just look at the early vote - black voters/Dems have been fired up ever since early voting started in Dec.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5162 on: January 06, 2021, 11:53:29 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:06:26 PM by Badger »

Tonight's Big Winners: Ossoff, Warnock, Abrams, Biden

Tonight's Big Losers: Perdue, Loeffler, Trump, McConnell, CNN
Jan 5 big winners: Moderate/Liberal Democrats

Jan 5 big losers: The ability of Georgia Republicans to win statewide elections

Lauren McDonald says hi.

Come on people. This was a great result, but it was razor thin during what was basically a democratic year. We've hit purple Georgia status, but not Atlas read yet.

Wait another several years to a decade, and if current demographic Trends continue, yes the place will be closer to Virginia or Colorado. But we've got some time before we hit being anything other than a pure swing state.

In the meantime, we have to deal with the fact of places like Ohio switching from wing state status to atlas sapphire blue, plus places like , Wisconsin, and Michigan turning from Fairly reliable light Atlas red states to your toss-ups.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #5163 on: January 06, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »

Trump's theatrics lost us those runoffs.  We absolutely should have won both of those- and probably were on track to do so until recently.

The issue is that no one can tell Trump to calm down and the rest of the party is (probably rightly from an electoral standpoint) petrified to go against him because the MAGA cult will rebel.  We're kind of between a rock and a hard place right now.

Also, if I'm Mitch McConnell, I offer Joe Manchin whatever he wants to become a Republican or R-caucusing Independent.  It would be a long shot, but less so than claiming that the elections were rigged.
Bad Take IMO. Why did Loeffler and Perdue underperform Trump significantly in traditionally conservative suburban Atlanta?
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #5164 on: January 06, 2021, 11:56:06 AM »

Note to New York: THIS is how to run an election!
It shouldn't take more than 1 month to count all ballots.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5165 on: January 06, 2021, 11:56:13 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2021, 12:08:25 PM by Badger »

So suffice to say, judging by black turnout, it appears that racist attacks on Warnock backfired bigly.

I think one big takeaway from this was not to go after Black people’s religious the way Loeffler did. She really pissed them off, it seems cause he’s killing her in rural black counties.

Loeffler is one of the worst Republican candidates to have run in the past dozen years, in the same tier as such worthies as Mourdock, Akin, Moore, O'Donnell, Angle, Bachmann, McSally, and Palin, to throw out some names. I still have no idea what Brian Kemp was thinking when he appointed her. It could very well be said that Loeffler dragged Perdue down in defeat with her.
Kemp picked her because he thought it would help with moderate suburban women

I really do want to hear his logic. Why would someone worth 800 million and whose husband is the literal chairman of the NYSE appeal to Georgia voters?Huh?

Because voterz tend to believe that most politicians are filthy rich anyway, and they are largely right. It was also assumed loffler would have a great opportunity to self-finance the hell out of her campaign. Not sure if she did thoh.

but that type of background, combined with her loathsome insider trading practices as appointed Senator, we're a very very stark contrast to Warnock bonafide bootstraps upbringing from poverty.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #5166 on: January 06, 2021, 11:59:47 AM »

Any idea when we might get more vote drops to wrap this thing up for Ossoff?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5167 on: January 06, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »

Trump's theatrics lost us those runoffs.  We absolutely should have won both of those- and probably were on track to do so until recently.

The issue is that no one can tell Trump to calm down and the rest of the party is (probably rightly from an electoral standpoint) petrified to go against him because the MAGA cult will rebel.  We're kind of between a rock and a hard place right now.

Also, if I'm Mitch McConnell, I offer Joe Manchin whatever he wants to become a Republican or R-caucusing Independent.  It would be a long shot, but less so than claiming that the elections were rigged.

You're between authoritarianism and democracy.  Pick a side, there are only two, and there is no gray area.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #5168 on: January 06, 2021, 12:04:33 PM »

There seems to be around 20,000 Perdue-Warnock voters. I knew there would be some, but thats a lot more than I thought. Why is that? Just didn't like a women? Or are they Lincoln Republicans who can't stand Leoffler
Loeffler is a robot. MAGA wing of the GOP didn't like her for insider trading scandal. She was also unelected, so the incumbency advantage would have been weaker. She seemed to receive more bad press than Perdue.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #5169 on: January 06, 2021, 12:05:21 PM »

I don't really buy either this whole "Reps were going to win until last week" - this race has seemed generally static for a while now (Pollster confirmed this), and just look at the early vote - black voters/Dems have been fired up ever since early voting started in Dec.
I think Ossoff would have lost had the election been held a week ago, but Warnock definitely would have won.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5170 on: January 06, 2021, 12:10:08 PM »

Loeffler is a robot. MAGA wing of the GOP didn't like her for insider trading scandal. She was also unelected, so the incumbency advantage would have been weaker. She seemed to receive more bad press than Perdue.

Incidentally, so there was a Twitter post from someone recently commenting on how Kelly loffler has reportedly been complaining per year that the Georgia Republican party is too conservative. Heck, she donated a few grand Hillary's one in 2008. She may have been a closet Suburban wine mom type of moderate Republican but went all in on trumpism because, well, it's 2020 she wanted to keep her job by sucking up to the big Orange guy
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #5171 on: January 06, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »

Anyone got some funny conservative reactions to this?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #5172 on: January 06, 2021, 12:13:00 PM »

Bad Take IMO. Why did Loeffler and Perdue underperform Trump significantly in traditionally conservative suburban Atlanta?

Didn't Loeffler and Perdue improve on Trump's numbers in counties like Cherokee and Forsyth?  It just wasn't enough given what happened elsewhere in the state.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #5173 on: January 06, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »

Didn't the military ballots end up netting Biden votes in November lol
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5174 on: January 06, 2021, 12:16:29 PM »

Didn't the military ballots end up netting Biden votes in November lol

Yes. I expect the same thing will happen again.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies