2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 641386 times)
randomusername

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5875 on: November 04, 2020, 08:49:28 AM »

I kind of hope Arizona saves the day so John McCain’s ghost gets to give one last F you to Trump. Cheesy

Yeah but I don’t wanna win with exactly 270. Increases the odds of instability after the election. More breathing room with a 300+ lead and a win in Georgia would be better.

A win in GA (plus AZ) starts to solidify the Sun Belt strategy for the Democrats.  And I think that NC can come through as well.  Forget FL (and TX continues to be elusive).

I don't know about that, if MI/WI/PA pull it off they're the ones saving the days for the Democrats. NC is definitely in reach, but things are definitely not solid. At this point the rust belt is what is the difference maker.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5876 on: November 04, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »

Latino culture isn't monolithic.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5877 on: November 04, 2020, 08:50:55 AM »

Neither was the swing last night...
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5878 on: November 04, 2020, 08:51:15 AM »

On a personal note: just wanted to check in and make sure everybody is doing okay -- and I mean *everybody*.  

It's a super stressful time for all of us.  I'll repeat what I said before: if you're feeling physically ill, if you feel yourself panicking, if you didn't get enough sleep last night -- it's okay to turn off the TV, get away from your computer/phone screen, and go for a walk, take a nap, or just try your best to focus on other work.  

I'm not trained by any means, but if anybody needs to vent or you just want to chat to blow off steam, my inbox is always open.  

Please take care of yourselves, guys.  

Part of my dooming was to prepare myself for a loss.  Part of me really did believe it and part of me didn't.  I just always wanted to be wrong.

How are you doing?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5879 on: November 04, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »

I kind of hope Arizona saves the day so John McCain’s ghost gets to give one last F you to Trump. Cheesy

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

If you're talking about a state to "save the day" in a now-symbolic presidential election after getting your ass handed to you in the Senate, you've already lost.

Why do you seem to be under the impression that the most powerful man in the world is merely “symbolic” and the Senate is the only thing that matters? Are you aware of what the president actually does and is responsible for? It’s pretty goddamned important. This COVID crisis alone is Exhibit A of how a president’s response to a crisis can make or break a nation, for example.

I swear, the way you talk it's like you think POTUS is just a “head of state” like the Queen of England or something instead of also head of government of the most powerful nation in the world, and Commander-in-Chief of its military and nuclear codes.

Because despite my short term attention span, I can remember four years ago and how a Republican Senate blocked everything Obama wanted to do for the majority of his tenure. McConnell is going to be very dangerous in terms of blocking legislation. Plus, with all of the anti-lockdown hysteria, the Republicans will be suing Biden over every pandemic control measure he tries to implement. With a Court that's majority hacks, they'll find a lot of success there.

Sorry, dude, I know you want to find a silver lining and rejoice that Ice Cream man melted Drumpf, but there really isn't one. There's no more punching bag for the national Democratic Party and so the Republican Party just became a lot more dangerous.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5880 on: November 04, 2020, 08:52:28 AM »

If Trump was going to rig the latino vote, why didnt he do it in Arizona? A state he needed far worse than Texas? Arizona hispanics were much more inelastic than Rio Grande ones. Couldn't have anything to do with cultural and economic differences between the two.....
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5881 on: November 04, 2020, 08:52:30 AM »

Re: McCain/AZ.

It's ironical that Trump would probably win AZ (and WH), if he was nice with McCain. Still, you should never be nice towards warmongers, even if it means you lose.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5882 on: November 04, 2020, 08:53:15 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

If you're talking about a state to "save the day" in a now-symbolic presidential election after getting your ass handed to you in the Senate, you've already lost.

Why do you seem to be under the impression that the most powerful man in the world is merely “symbolic” and the Senate is the only thing that matters? Are you aware of what the president actually does and is responsible for? It’s pretty goddamned important. This COVID crisis alone is Exhibit A of how a president’s response to a crisis can make or break a nation, for example.

I swear, the way you talk it's like you think POTUS is just a “head of state” like the Queen of England or something instead of also head of government of the most powerful nation in the world, and Commander-in-Chief of its military and nuclear codes.

Because despite my short term attention span, I can remember four years ago and how a Republican Senate blocked everything Obama wanted to do for the majority of his tenure. McConnell is going to be very dangerous in terms of blocking legislation. Plus, with all of the anti-lockdown hysteria, the Republicans will be suing Biden over every pandemic control measure he tries to implement. With a Court that's majority hacks, they'll find a lot of success there.

Sorry, dude, I know you want to find a silver lining and rejoice that Ice Cream man melted Drumpf, but there really isn't one. There's no more punching bag for the national Democratic Party and so the Republican Party just became a lot more dangerous.

Yup exactly. The Republicans lock in all the gains they made under Trump, while the opposition is lulled asleep. Republicans should be dancing in the streets.
Buzz

« Reply #5883 on: November 04, 2020, 08:53:57 AM »

I just woke up and am pissed.  Stayed up till 3am and it was looking like a Trump win.  So close yet so far!!!!!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5884 on: November 04, 2020, 08:54:52 AM »

Has anyone talked about Nevada not continuing to count votes until Thursday?

What's that even about?
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #5885 on: November 04, 2020, 08:54:55 AM »

We all pretend it is.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5886 on: November 04, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »

I just woke up and am pissed.  Stayed up till 3am and it was looking like a Trump win.  So close yet so far!!!!!

Don't give up hope. The supreme court will still likely save this for you.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5887 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

Yup exactly. The Republicans lock in all the gains they made under Trump, while the opposition is lulled asleep. Republicans should be dancing in the streets.

Oh thanks, now I've got that in my head and will be shipping Mick Jagger and David Bowie all day.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5888 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:26 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

Yes. And I actually find it more easy for Mitch to block Biden's agenda than Obama's, because of court-packing, impeachment, AOC etc that is because Dems were too "nasty" thinking they will win anyway.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #5889 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »

I wonder how the trumpists here feel about Trump blatantly disregarding all democratic norms and possibly throwing the country into civil unrest by declaring victory and baselessly claiming voter fraud way before the crucial swing states were even near finished counting totally legitimate votes?

Isn’t this one of the main reasons many voted for him in the first place?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5890 on: November 04, 2020, 08:56:52 AM »

It looks like you deserve credit for predicting the 290 map. Seems like that's where we're headed now, depending on what happens in Georgia.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #5891 on: November 04, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »

If Trump was going to rig the latino vote, why didnt he do it in Arizona? A state he needed far worse than Texas? Arizona hispanics were much more inelastic than Rio Grande ones. Couldn't have anything to do with cultural and economic differences between the two.....

Texas Hispanics do vote noticeably to the right of Arizona and California Hispanics. There are likely some notable cultural differences between the Mexican-American communities in different states.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #5892 on: November 04, 2020, 08:57:43 AM »

;(
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #5893 on: November 04, 2020, 08:57:53 AM »

Given that there are two very distinct Latino cultures just inside New Mexico itself, Silent Hunter’s point is well worth reiterating.

And given how disappointing many of the results were, silver linings are all that’s available...
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5894 on: November 04, 2020, 08:58:38 AM »

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5895 on: November 04, 2020, 08:58:51 AM »

Cook County MN is weird,  voted 56% Clinton and now voting 65% Biden, despite not having anything that really resembles a Dem trending area.   wtf
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #5896 on: November 04, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »

On a personal note: just wanted to check in and make sure everybody is doing okay -- and I mean *everybody*.  

It's a super stressful time for all of us.  I'll repeat what I said before: if you're feeling physically ill, if you feel yourself panicking, if you didn't get enough sleep last night -- it's okay to turn off the TV, get away from your computer/phone screen, and go for a walk, take a nap, or just try your best to focus on other work.  

I'm not trained by any means, but if anybody needs to vent or you just want to chat to blow off steam, my inbox is always open.  

Thanks, that's very kind of you!
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #5897 on: November 04, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »

Hope you're doing well. Thank you for being consistently kind and informative. And thanks for wishing me well yesterday. I'm home from work again because they are holding me out until I get my COVID result which hopefully will be today.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5898 on: November 04, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »

It looks like you deserve credit for predicting the 290 map. Seems like that's where we're headed now, depending on what happens in Georgia.

Buzz does seem to be is one of the only the only sensible Republican posters on this forum.
Roblox

« Reply #5899 on: November 04, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »

Bit surprised New Mexico swung to Biden at all considering his Hispanic numbers last night.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies