2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:24:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 639689 times)
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5925 on: November 04, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

What does this even mean?

He has the machismo thing going for him. I will get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but Biden ran a very feminine campaign, advocating mask wearing, not even doing GOTV, etc. It doesn't play in working class minority neighborhoods. Can you think of a less feminine music genre than rap?
Dude what are you talking about
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #5926 on: November 04, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »

I wish NYT had their needle on all the swing states.

With the exception of Georgia, they picked the wrong states to put a needle on.

I think it made sense for them to choose FL, GA and NC. They count relatively fast, and a clear Biden win in 2 of 3 would have meant that they could call the election early.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5927 on: November 04, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »

Why is Haley Stevens still trailing her opponent by 5%?

She pissed a lot of people off with her super pro gun control advocacy. I think she'll win because these are the suburbs but she'll run behind Biden and Peters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5928 on: November 04, 2020, 09:13:38 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

He has the machismo thing going for him. I will get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but Biden ran a very feminine campaign, advocating mask wearing, not even doing GOTV, etc. It doesn't play in working class minority neighborhoods. Can you think of a less feminine music genre than rap?

Eh, it should be self-evident. The fact that female rappers didn't breakthrough until the mid-2010s whereas a white male rapper became the biggest on the planet as early as 2000 should tell you something.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5929 on: November 04, 2020, 09:13:41 AM »

I think it made sense for them to choose FL, GA and NC. They count relatively fast, and a clear Biden win in 2 of 3 would have meant that they could call the election early.

I guess I just don't see why they didn't do it for all the swing states.  Why just choose three?
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #5930 on: November 04, 2020, 09:14:40 AM »

Eh, it should be self-evident. The fact that female rappers didn't breakthrough until the mid-2010s whereas a white male rapper became the biggest on the planet as early as 2000 should tell you something.

But what does this have to do with anything?
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #5931 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:03 AM »

I think that defining a music genre by some kind of essential "maleness" or "femaleness" doesn't make much sense. How long did it take for rock music to have a major female star? Same question for jazz? Or bluegrass?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #5932 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:07 AM »

There is much disagreeable about this post .. but I can say that I get your point in one place: Biden/Harris pulling out campaigning in TX because of the bus attack did make the ticket look weak.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5933 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:28 AM »

AZ, WI, NV and MI means while it's close Trump can't really do much damage imo compared to what he could theoretically do in PA and GA.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5934 on: November 04, 2020, 09:15:37 AM »

You know nothing about hip hop. Missy Elliott had a number one hit in 2003 with Work It. Salt N Pepa were doing huge things in the 1980s.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5935 on: November 04, 2020, 09:16:26 AM »

I don't think Biden running a "feminine" campaign has got anything much to do with it, but I totally agree with you about Trump's macho appeal. This factor should not be underestimated. There really isn't much rational thought behind voting for Trump for the VAST majority of Trump voters, I believe. Sure, they can provide rationalizations, but I don't think a single of those rationalizations are the true reason why they vote for him.

This is also why the educated elite have never been able to understand why people would vote for Trump since the educated elite typically finds ultra macho behaviour primitive and off-putting. Trumps behaviour is a feature, not a bug. This is also why it is far from certain that a DeSantis or Cotton or whoever would be able to carry the torch for Trumpism going forward.
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #5936 on: November 04, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »

I guess I just don't see why they didn't do it for all the swing states.  Why just choose three?

I think it's because the other states count slower and have less predictable counting patterns. The algorithm for the needle would have predicted Trump landslides in WI, MI, and PA.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #5937 on: November 04, 2020, 09:16:58 AM »

Looks like Biden's election is guaranteed.

Congratulations.

Although, he's pretty much going to be a lame duck if the GOP holds the Senate, which looks increasingly likely.. no court packing.  Smile
forsythvoter

« Reply #5938 on: November 04, 2020, 09:17:03 AM »

For what it's worth, I hope both parties put more attention and resources on GA instead of our neighbor to the south. Turns out we're more swingable!

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5939 on: November 04, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »

They must've underestimated how fast the vote would come in in MI and WI.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #5940 on: November 04, 2020, 09:17:48 AM »

it's over

Congratulations president-elect Joe Biden!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5941 on: November 04, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »

The term "latinx" needs to never be uttered by another Democratic politician or anyone affiliated with the Democratic party ever again. It has always felt weird to me that white liberals were imposing a term on a minority community which the the minority community seems to have no interest in.
This. Latinx is a stupid word
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5942 on: November 04, 2020, 09:18:38 AM »

So what is the probability Trump can still win now?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5943 on: November 04, 2020, 09:19:31 AM »

The term "latinx" needs to never be uttered by another Democratic politician or anyone affiliated with the Democratic party ever again. It has always felt weird to me that white liberals were imposing a term on a minority community which the the minority community seems to have no interest in.
This. Latinx is a stupid word

They can still use the much better "Latinas and Latinos".
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #5944 on: November 04, 2020, 09:19:54 AM »

So what is the probability Trump can still win now?

I'm giving him a 40% chance to win right now. I don't think Biden is DOOMED just yet.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5945 on: November 04, 2020, 09:19:58 AM »

Florida is still a swing state. Its not Missouri yet. New Yorkers move there every day, a Democrat can win there in 2024 or 2028
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5946 on: November 04, 2020, 09:20:31 AM »

How worried should we be about a faithless elector if Biden wins 270-268?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5947 on: November 04, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

Whatever your feelings about it, it likely had very little to do with this election result so I'm not sure why you're posting this.
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #5948 on: November 04, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »

25k now. I think it only goes downhill for Trump from now on.

Peters up by 18k.

30k now. Peters leads by 22k. This is my last update, the trend is clear by now.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5949 on: November 04, 2020, 09:21:39 AM »

I'm super tired so I might have mentioned this before, but the way this result is looking right now is pretty much a dream result for moderate republicans. They get rid of Trump and at least have a chance at taking the party in a direction away from Trumpism, while holding the senate and effectively making Biden a lame duck president. On the other hand, it could just pave the way for Alex Jones 2024 or even Q himself.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies