Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:22:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 97
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 110986 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: August 13, 2023, 11:15:41 AM »
« edited: August 13, 2023, 11:26:46 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Go to You Tube 2008 and it shows the blue wave that should answer anything that Biden can't do what he already did in 2008

Biden and Obama had to outperform Kerry in OH by 7 pts already from 2004/08
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2101 on: August 14, 2023, 10:00:32 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2023, 09:11:39 AM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Mob »

Moving out has progressed from "considering it" to "actively looking", thanks to recent events in my life.

A huge part of it is the lack of maintenance to the house spraining my ankle.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2102 on: August 19, 2023, 09:08:40 AM »

My best friend and his wife are heading towards a divorce. It's a real shame, he had a severe bout of depression and went into the hospital and when he came out, his wife decided to leave him. Definitely weird seeing my friends start to get married, but its even weirder that one couple has already divorced.

TBH I never really liked her anyway!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2103 on: August 19, 2023, 09:39:16 AM »

My best friend and his wife are heading towards a divorce. It's a real shame, he had a severe bout of depression and went into the hospital and when he came out, his wife decided to leave him. Definitely weird seeing my friends start to get married, but its even weirder that one couple has already divorced.

TBH I never really liked her anyway!

Welcome back.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2104 on: August 19, 2023, 05:55:20 PM »

Yesterday around CoB I had a very good conversation with an AmeriCorps staff member who served as a CED Peace Coros volunteer in Moldova about 10 years ago. I'm applying to the same country and field, and he previously worked as a recruiter, so the advice he gave me on my resume and personal statement should be very useful. I'm still waiting on a final call with another ex-PC staff member who also worked as PC staff, but I feel pretty confident about my app materials as-is, and we're like 46 days from the due date. It genuinely feels like, if I want this, my resume has been building toward it since early '21, and especially since I left the "real" job field in May of last year,

On the other hand, I'm aware that I'm away from home, will continue to be away from home for some time, and am falling behind my friends in terms of life milestones... but we all know that last part would be the same if I'f stayed in Michigan.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2105 on: August 20, 2023, 09:14:01 AM »

I am currently in Slovenia! Which means that for exactly one day, my S-SI avatar will be actually correct instead of just something I do to look distinctive and because I don't like Italy avatars. My journey will later take me to further countries, so expect novel iterations.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2106 on: August 21, 2023, 08:34:39 AM »

I have left Slovenia and I have made the horrifying discovery that there are no avatars for Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina yet. I'll go avatarless for a while in protest.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2107 on: August 21, 2023, 08:40:48 PM »

I have left Slovenia and I have made the horrifying discovery that there are no avatars for Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia and Herzegovina yet. I'll go avatarless for a while in protest.

I know your pain. Sad
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2108 on: August 22, 2023, 02:13:39 AM »

I know your pain. Sad

Meanwhile, now I am in Serbia for the first time in my life. The Latin/Cyrillic digraphia is such a mind trip.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2109 on: August 22, 2023, 05:45:40 AM »

I know your pain. Sad

Meanwhile, now I am in Serbia for the first time in my life. The Latin/Cyrillic digraphia is such a mind trip.

I forget, are you going to Kosovo?
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2110 on: August 22, 2023, 05:54:24 AM »

I know your pain. Sad

No, my itinerary goes all around it but not across it.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2111 on: August 23, 2023, 08:55:01 AM »

I am now in North Macedonia! Tetovo/Tetovë is almost certainly the first Muslim-majority place I've ever been to.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2112 on: August 23, 2023, 10:28:29 PM »

I am now in North Macedonia! Tetovo/Tetovë is almost certainly the first Muslim-majority place I've ever been to.

What’s it like there? How does the “vibe” feel in comparison to the nearby Christian majority communities?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2113 on: August 23, 2023, 10:44:16 PM »

What’s it like there? How does the “vibe” feel in comparison to the nearby Christian majority communities?
JACOBIN!!!!!!

Good to see you man!!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2114 on: August 23, 2023, 10:46:56 PM »

JACOBIN!!!!!!

Good to see you man!!

Surprised to see you’re back too! It’s been quite a while. Hope all is well with you and your family.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2115 on: August 23, 2023, 10:57:18 PM »

JACOBIN!!!!!!

Good to see you man!!

Surprised to see you’re back too! It’s been quite a while. Hope all is well with you and your family.
We're doing better considering all that happened while I was in the wilderness. Thanks man. I hope you are living your best life and thriving right now.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2116 on: August 24, 2023, 02:04:51 AM »

I only spent a couple hours there but it didn't feel particularly strange. I am not used to seeing minarets all around and women with a hijab who aren't visibly from a minority ethnicity, but otherwise the obvious economic difference with where I live was more impactful than the religious difference.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2117 on: August 24, 2023, 04:33:10 PM »

I know your pain. Sad

I only asked because the alternation between Albanian Latin and Serbian Latin and/or Cyrillic characters can get infuriating.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2118 on: August 24, 2023, 04:49:37 PM »

I know your pain. Sad

I only asked because the alternation between Albanian Latin and Serbian Latin and/or Cyrillic characters can get infuriating.

You get the alternation between Albanian Latin and Macedonian Cyrillic in much of North Macedonia as well. This is an incredibly interesting (but also sobering) country.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2119 on: August 25, 2023, 04:15:24 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2023, 04:19:26 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Harris X have Biden +4 and had him losing by 6 that's proof that Biden is getting stronger not weaker anyways AZ Iced Tea love to come in and post how Trump is gonna miraculously defeat Biden this isn't 2016 this is 2024 post Pandemic different world, do we want to go thru a time machine and have no COVID yes but that's what we have

I would never forget what Chuck Todd  said in 2008 if OH is D leaning and it is with Brown leading by 13 OH went away from him McCain, Iron Triangle WI, PA and MI are D Lean

Do Rs know the energy of the US and how it was when Obama and Biden won, it was much more energetic than Bush W and Trump inauguration, Grant Park compared to NY and TX

No they don't look at past You tube videos on Edays they just assumed that Ds lose like OSR
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2120 on: August 25, 2023, 10:46:48 AM »

I am now in Albania! Earlier today I visited the Macedonian city of Ohrid and visited a mosque for the first time in my life (and saw an incredible amount of Turkish tourists). Almost as fascinating as the remote mountain villages of Mavrovo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2121 on: August 25, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »

Facebook has Phil Ehr ahead of Scott 46/44 and Brown tied with LaRise 45/44 hey, hey Sen Phil Ehr 😆

Told you to look at You tube for past Eday results
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2122 on: August 27, 2023, 06:31:42 AM »

After swimming in Lake Shkodër yesterday and walking up to the castle this morning, I am now in Montenegro! Black Mountain if you want.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2123 on: August 27, 2023, 09:25:08 AM »

After swimming in Lake Shkodër yesterday and walking up to the castle this morning, I am now in Montenegro! Black Mountain if you want.

Црна-гора (or some such)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2124 on: August 27, 2023, 09:45:36 AM »

Црна-гора (or some such)

Yes, even if nowadays they seem to only use Latin so Crna Gora. Stunning scenery, worthy of the best part of the Italian coastline and some, but unfortunately much of it looks overdeveloped and Montecarlified (although Kotor which I just visited has been spared that - it is merely incredibly touristy).
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies