Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:45:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 97
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 108826 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: July 21, 2023, 08:20:34 AM »

Good to be back in the country again,where prices are cheaper.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2076 on: July 21, 2023, 10:00:57 AM »

I expected Central Park to be overrated...nope, it's pretty dope.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2077 on: July 21, 2023, 05:07:03 PM »

You traveled to the wrong places then. I go almost exclusively to post-Second World states or to a certain Middle Eastern country with an inflation problem.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2078 on: July 21, 2023, 07:03:34 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2023, 07:06:35 PM by New Jersey values »

You traveled to the wrong places then. I go almost exclusively to post-Second World states or to a certain Middle Eastern country with an inflation problem.
Even Germany is pretty cheap outside maybe Munich. There is a line between charming poor and uncomfortable poor, though - which is why I love Europoor countries like the V4 but have no interest in places like the Philippines or Vietnam.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2079 on: July 21, 2023, 08:19:41 PM »

Even Germany is pretty cheap outside maybe Munich. There is a line between charming poor and uncomfortable poor, though - which is why I love Europoor countries like the V4 but have no interest in places like the Philippines or Vietnam.

Vietnam I think would be fascinating, but 90+% because I'm coming from the perspective of a Cold War fanboy.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2080 on: July 21, 2023, 09:07:12 PM »

I axed out McDonalds w/out going to a place at war, drove on a superhighway thinner than an average highway lane...and still had most of it to myself!

A high price is a small price for such things.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2081 on: July 22, 2023, 11:52:39 AM »

Yesterday I had a lovely conversation on the train (in English) with two Welsh speakers who are on holiday here. As a notorious Cymruphile, it was pretty awesome.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2082 on: July 22, 2023, 11:54:06 AM »

I completed my summer trial advocacy course yesterday with a mock trial. I won’t go into detail, but I put on quite a performance. I played witnesses (doing accents), did an incredibly confrontational cross examination, and wrote a banger closing statement. We got a hung jury, but since I was the prosecution I’m ok with that. Mostly I just wanted to publicly humiliate a particular person I hate on opposing counsel, which I accomplished. Afterwards numerous people were telling me I should be a litigator.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2083 on: July 22, 2023, 04:45:22 PM »

I have been at the stock yards long enough to become bored and disgusted by them.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2084 on: July 22, 2023, 08:02:42 PM »

I completed my summer trial advocacy course yesterday with a mock trial. I won’t go into detail, but I put on quite a performance. I played witnesses (doing accents), did an incredibly confrontational cross examination, and wrote a banger closing statement. We got a hung jury, but since I was the prosecution I’m ok with that. Mostly I just wanted to publicly humiliate a particular person I hate on opposing counsel, which I accomplished. Afterwards numerous people were telling me I should be a litigator.

Did you draw on any racist stereotypes for your performance?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2085 on: July 23, 2023, 12:07:33 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2023, 12:26:56 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I labeled my signature for blue avatars to see we only gotten 1200 with those stimulus checks we didn't get 9 M and blk athletes get 47 M for 1 yr like Anthony Davis and Freddy Freeman not 47M for length of contract and whites pay season passes to see them play

Tru.p didn't raise taxes on the rich when he and Biden passed out 1.9T in stimulus and Rs want to keep taxes low and we have an Oil war in Ukraine plse

We got poorer especially Blk men during the Pandemic other races and blk females are still poor but not compared to blk men there are millions of blk men on Skid Row LA

Pat Mahomes wants reparations and he wants his tax raised he helped George Floyd get 33M and so does Steph Curry it the Koch brothers that wrote tax policy that don't want tax increase

Clooney is worth 50M and he wakes his taxes raised for reparations

That's why Garcia is toast he is blocking tax increase for millionaire

They will see in Nov 24 that Approvals don't matter when Kunce, Brown, Tester, Ehr and ALLRED WINS LIKE WE WIN PA, WI AND fL in Apr and May

Obama was in the same boat as Biden losing red states in 2012 it was a blue wave due to Sandy and Biden ran with OBAMA

Rs are having a tough time getting red wave going Trump lost in 20 and YOUNGKIN win in 2021 due to a COVID and Omnicron varient surge there hasn't been any COVID surges except in nursing homes
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2086 on: July 23, 2023, 01:48:26 AM »

Did you draw on any racist stereotypes for your performance?

Sadly I didn’t have the opportunity. I just did a fake British accent as an expert witness.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2087 on: July 27, 2023, 11:20:37 PM »

Just saw Oppenheimer. It was so good it resulted in getting my first kiss with the girl I've been seeing. Smiley
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2088 on: July 29, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »

Incandescent lightbulb ban comes into effect in a couple days and I'm pretty stressed out and ticked off about it.  I need soft yellow-white incandescent bulbs for when I'm trying to relax, especially before bed.  Trying to figure out what kinds I need to stock up on and how many for the sake of my sanity.  I believe there are some exceptions of certain kinds of incandescents that will still be available after Monday but I can find nowhere that lists them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2089 on: July 29, 2023, 08:18:34 PM »

In theory, I'm forklift certified.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2090 on: July 30, 2023, 05:02:34 PM »

And in execution?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2091 on: July 31, 2023, 12:19:37 PM »

Finally took the bar exam and am on a well-deserved vacation! In a month I’ll be moving into my new apartment and starting my job Smiley.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2092 on: July 31, 2023, 04:52:33 PM »

[quote author=मैं, मिस्टर स्मिथ, एटलस बन गया हूँ, कुछ भी नहीæ link=topic=406809.msg9150468#msg9150468 date=1690754554 uid=12327]

And in execution?
[/quote]

I used the sit-down "professionally" today, though I still don't have that precious piece of paper (my trainer was off today).
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2093 on: August 03, 2023, 04:43:52 AM »

am happy because I got new art Cheesy

Spoiler alert: furry stuff :P

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2094 on: August 04, 2023, 04:36:19 PM »

Got the cert yesterday; been taking pallets out of trucks and putting them in aisles this entire week.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2095 on: August 04, 2023, 11:31:41 PM »

I just had the Dream again that Ds net the Filibuster proof Trifecta it has nothing to do with Approvals when Obama had Low Approvals it was followed by red waves in 2010/2014 the faults with Redban or OSR PRED is that there is no red wave in site
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2096 on: August 06, 2023, 01:40:17 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2023, 01:46:55 PM by HillGoose »

wife and i took the sister in law to twin peaks for her birthday last night and saw a jackalope ran across the road on the way home when we got close to the house, crazy stuff. sister in law thought it was a small coyote but me and my wife knew it was a jackalope.

i am glad i didnt hit it though, id be so sad if i proved the existence of a rare legendary creature by turning it into road kill :<

anyways i knew they were real, so just always remember when the man tries to tell u things r a hoax that's not always the case !
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2097 on: August 07, 2023, 11:16:19 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2023, 12:06:14 PM by Just Passion Through »

My weekend with retromike, Crumpets, and a third non-poster (we'll just call him Robert) went really well and it was really fun, if not expensive. But, we saw a lot of great stuff. Went to Jamestown ("where America was born"), Colonial Williamsburg ("where America matured"), and to Yorktown, including the location where Cornwallis surrendered to Washington ("where America came of age.") That, in addition to an aquarium, First Landing State Park (which hiking through has been aiding me in a writing project I've undertaken), and a lot of great food - a Beatles-themed restaurant and a Mediterranean one, where I tried a falafel for the first time and can't believe I'd missed out on one.

We drove by some Westboro Baptist Church clowns protesting on the boardwalk. I immediately regretted not rolling the window down to cuss them out. Then Robert, our non-practicing Jewish friend, appealed to my better nature and said you gotta outlove those people, rather than confirm their prejudices. So, we see them again while we're walking along the boardwalk and so I shout, "God loves ALL people - including the ignorant!" Then it was out of my system.

Miyazaki Japanese Garden
Photo credit: retromike
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2098 on: August 12, 2023, 09:39:08 PM »

I can't believe Lake Murray outside Columbia, SC isn't better known.  My family and I are doing a mini family reunion/vacation here this weekend.  We've been exploring all over the lake and adjacent suburban towns (because my mom's thinking about moving here), and it's really such a hidden gem.  The downtown of Lexington, SC is particularly great!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2099 on: August 12, 2023, 10:52:54 PM »

I finally have a job, hopefully lasting longer than just the summer. It's not worth talking about but it's not a toxic work environment, unlike my brief stint at a grocery store back in the winter. This new job is mostly mindless and allows me to read audiobooks all day, and now this summer I have read more books than I have in any individual year since 2007. I still don't have much in the way of a gameplan for what to actually do long term. The idea of going back to college is entirely theoretical and involves acquiring so much debt it might as well be a million dollars (in the pockets of a useless and malicious administrator class), and I haven't left Ohio since COVID.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies