Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:13:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 103126 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 24, 2020, 03:15:31 PM »

I finally have time to do the little things, and of course that's when things go to f*(k.

Why is orderin' a duplicate Driver's License so much hell?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 02:11:32 PM »

So not ready for the workweek to resume....

Alas, I'm gonna have to leave until Christmas Break.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 01:03:09 PM »

Got a few inches of snow here too.

My job just got more interesting.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »

Honestly, after going on an emo binge for 3 days, it's hard to go back to other music.

Are you trying to desperately BRTD-ify yourself?
I am not even close to that level of forum institution yet.

You have already made more than 20,000 posts, which puts you in a pretty good position.

...Not really.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 07:26:45 PM »

Sprin Break has been a real blast...unfortunately my computer went bust.

...Somewhat, I should say. The screen glitched out on one half. So I had to get a replacement.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »

I accepted the offer. Off to Germany we go!

Already signed up for insurance through TK, surprisingly easy process, and a bank account through N26.

Once I find out which neighborhood I'll be living in, I'll have to join my local SPD chapter. Coincidence that I move to Germany right before an election, after moving to Sweden in time for two elections?

Ich bin sehr neidisch. Hab spass. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »

At last the body has reunited with the that long-departed soul, yet I wish I had been there all the same.

Looks like I must sojourn back to the Bay sooner than I wanted.

RIP Old Lady Smith (1949-2021)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 08:13:56 PM »

Well, the deed is done.

Ma Smith is truly out now, just finished the funeral services and after party. Tomorrow I return to Texas. It'll be nice to have normal chanin weather patterns and not the consistent consta-chill. No idea what Donerail, Rfayette, and other weirdos actually COMIN here were thinkin'.

She'll be missed, but the Smith clan are a resilient bunch.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 04:59:49 PM »

I got into my first car accident/fender bender today. Fortunately nobody was hurt but now the front of my car is all scratched up so that might need to get fixed.

If your car isn't totaled, you'll be fine...also, airbags.

Ouch, only two years left before the big TWO-FIVE...don't squander it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 04:35:49 AM »

I've accepted an offer of admission from one of my top choice schools. I'm going to become an Engineer!

So Aggieland? Go Bears? where...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:29 PM »

If you always push for what you desire in several fixed yet possible points, you’ll succeed.

Today I stopped my obsessive hoarding and cleaned everything that needed to be done since I was 10. Felt good to finally let go of some stuff.

Good on you.

You kept all of the Stalin portraits on the wall though surely?
I never had them on my wall silly

I had them on my altar

shhh. quiet....

I think I hear Slavoj Zizek spitting about something.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 01:06:55 AM »

A white person (not Greek or Italian) told me I was too (physically) white today. Proud moment.

You're proud of being f*(ked by the sun without sunblock? Well, you do you.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 06:44:34 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2021, 11:46:28 PM by L.D. Smith »

Currently road tripping, trying to end the day in Utah, but currently in  Nevada.

Off by 80 miles, alas.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 12:14:44 AM »

Is it an inappropriate interview question to ask a bank if they provide Patagonias?

Probably.

In other news, I'm in Kansas.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »

Ok, my PM box is still open, and I'll be around @AAD, but I'm taking a break here.

I want post 25K to mean a little something, and anniversary numba' seven is not so far away, kill two birds with one stone, so I'm out until then...Auf Wiedersehen.

- LDS
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 05:51:30 PM »

I'm 95% sure somebody on Atlas viewed my profile on a social media site last week and if so I'm pretty certain I know who.  Kinda scary in a way.  Maybe I'm overreacting but I think everyone should take more care with what you reveal on here and never have your email address set to public.

Your first mistake right there.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2021, 12:01:28 PM by L.D. Smith »

I'm out for the next month or so.

Too much sh&^ to do, and there's nothing here to talk about. I'll be back for Virginia I guess, since the rest is so blaaaah.

Auf Widersehen, Adieu, Adios, usw.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2021, 11:28:14 PM »

...huh, I actually did start a novel [which was a screenplay first]. I was forced to appropriate the notes for a Grad School class and the prof never returned 'em

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 07:46:43 PM »

ah yes another sunday of making myself feel guilty for not actively working on my career skills while i'm not even at work and my wife has ordered me to "relax" i dont even know what that word means anymore

nothing is fun anymore and i hate it

Sometimes you have to accept you need a break. It's hard, but your life gets better when you accept that life is a marathon and you can space things out a bit.

Well said, which coincidentally is precisely why I'm taking a break from this place.  It's a holiday week, and I've wasted enough of it here.

Since I'm up to Oklahoma on Tuesday, I've switched the avvie as the last act.

NOTE: Okay penultimate act, I couldn't resist one other thread, ok thx bye.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 12:43:48 AM »

I have returned. I spent two nights each in New York and New Jersey. Am I Italian now?

Polish actually.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2021, 10:11:32 PM »

Restoration Hardware exists to make rich people feel poor.

It's a chain?  I remember one of those, but it closed down years ago.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2021, 11:28:26 PM »

hey guys so I'm trying to plan a basically off-grid vacation next year, my wife and I really would like to visit Alaska, but we aren't sure where to go. We basically want to stay somewhere very remote where we can rent a cabin and "unplug" to just sort of just explore the outdoors for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure where in Alaska is best for that.

I was also considering maybe Kootenai National Forest or Glacier National Park in Montana, if either of those might be better. Anybody have any experience with these areas or have any ideas?

Try Kodiak, but I've heard good things about Sitka too. Denali is apparently really beautiful too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2021, 02:26:24 AM »

I don't like taking other people's thunder but, to credit CraneHusband and that otherwise
useless Kentucky poster, I think I'm gonna cut back, and possibly even take a break from this place right at the new year.

While I'm already online far too much for non-productive reasons, this place is probably the worst offender.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »

I got my booster yesterday..arm's a bit sore.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2022, 10:57:10 PM »

hey guys so I'm trying to plan a basically off-grid vacation next year, my wife and I really would like to visit Alaska, but we aren't sure where to go. We basically want to stay somewhere very remote where we can rent a cabin and "unplug" to just sort of just explore the outdoors for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure where in Alaska is best for that.

I was also considering maybe Kootenai National Forest or Glacier National Park in Montana, if either of those might be better. Anybody have any experience with these areas or have any ideas?

I was in Alaska over the summer. It is very large and very empty and if you're looking to be where people aren't, you can look just about anywhere. If you really want to get away from it all, there are a substantial number of cabins available on public land; these do not have, for instance, running water. Obviously there are alternatives with more improvements than that, if you're willing to pay a little more.

As far as location goes, I like the interior of Alaska a lot, although it's not as immediately awe-inspiring as the coast. The country around Fairbanks should have plenty of options if that's appealing. I would strongly recommend Alaska as a destination; I loved it there. It should be noted that there are a lot of mosquitoes in the summer.

Even up on the Arctic Coast?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies