COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 545822 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5075 on: July 17, 2021, 05:46:08 PM »

Fewer crazy Trump supporters means less of a chance of him winning in 2024. If you don't want to get the vaccine, have at it. It just means you lock yourself out of the White House, House and Senate.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5076 on: July 17, 2021, 07:02:05 PM »

I mean you guys sure loved it when Republican congressman tested positive last year. Both this and that are distasteful.

No one should care if someone vaccinated gets COVID. That’s expected to happen and they will nearly always be fine. Someone who opposes vaccination or precautions getting COVID, that is ironic because they have hurt others with their carelessness already.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #5077 on: July 17, 2021, 07:18:58 PM »

Please explain why the map of vaccination rates is basically a map of the election results.
Pro-Israel, anti-Bibi
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5078 on: July 17, 2021, 07:22:06 PM »

Unironically citing the Daily Wire
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5079 on: July 17, 2021, 07:40:06 PM »

Please explain why the map of vaccination rates is basically a map of the election results.

Obviously it's because blue state Republicans are 100% vaccinated and black Democrats in red states are 0% /s
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #5080 on: July 17, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »

They're all vaccinated so it's no worse than a flu even if it does have symptoms.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5081 on: July 17, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »

Finally an Atlas republican that makes SirWoodbury look smart

I didn't think it was possible.
LOL.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5082 on: July 17, 2021, 07:56:21 PM »

Finally an Atlas republican that makes SirWoodbury look smart

Inconceivable!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5083 on: July 17, 2021, 07:57:25 PM »

So, is Florida back to reporting everyday?  Cause they are putting up some lopsided numbers
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5084 on: July 17, 2021, 08:27:39 PM »

So you first found people having Covid as funny, with your title stating "LMAO."
What made you change your mind, to alter it to "Yikes"?

Lmao
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5085 on: July 17, 2021, 08:51:18 PM »

https://abc7.com/la-county-sheriff-alex-villanueva-mask-order-los-angeles-department-of-public-health-mandate/10892664/

The sheriff won't enforce the mask order
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5086 on: July 17, 2021, 08:55:34 PM »

I mean you guys sure loved it when Republican congressman tested positive last year. Both this and that are distasteful.

Show me when I “loved it”.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5087 on: July 17, 2021, 09:09:54 PM »

The article is just idiotic.

No one (who isn’t clueless) said that the vaccine is 100% effective or that vaccinated people can’t spread the virus.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5088 on: July 17, 2021, 10:30:29 PM »

Fauci says polio would still exist in the US if the 'false information' currently being spread existed decades ago.

If the health misinformation currently spreading regarding coronavirus vaccines existed during the days of polio, it would have never been eradicated, Dr. Anthony Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, said Saturday.

Asked by CNN's Jim Acosta about the misinformation spread by Fox News regarding the Covid-19 vaccines, Fauci said, "We probably would still have polio in this country if we had the kind of false information that's being spread now."
He added, "If we had that back decades ago, I would be certain that we'd still have polio in this country."

https://us.cnn.com/2021/07/17/us/fauci-polio-coronavirus-false-information/index.html
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #5089 on: July 17, 2021, 10:48:53 PM »

He should be removed from office. Whether you like a mask mandate or not, law enforcement has a duty to enforce the law.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5090 on: July 17, 2021, 11:21:25 PM »

He should be removed from office. Whether you like a mask mandate or not, law enforcement has a duty to enforce the law.

This is the equivalent of not going after jaywalkers. Fully vaccinated individuals should not have to change their lifestyle to protect the idiots who chose not to get one.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5091 on: July 17, 2021, 11:36:11 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2021, 11:40:25 PM by roxas11 »

3. Kamala Harris’s Idiotic Pre-Election Statement

During the 2020 campaign, Vice President Kamala Harris said she would not trust the vaccine developed under the Trump administration.

“Well, I think that’s going to be an issue for all of us,” Harris told CNN’s Dana Bash in September. “I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about. I will not take his word for it.”

What a ridiculous comparison

first off Harris never told anybody not to get vaccinated nor did she ever go on Facebook to spread lies about the vaccines, like a lot of people on the far right are currently doing

She simply stated did not she no longer trusted trump when it came to giving credible information on covid and I don't blame her for feeling that way at all since trump spent much of 2020 lying about the virus

The reality is Harris comments did not in any way, shape or form stop Democrats from going to get vaccinated

On the other hand the anti-vax BS that Fox News and far right has been putting on social media is clearly having a negative impact on republicans.....

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #5092 on: July 18, 2021, 08:28:59 AM »

I thought that when the pandemic ended in the U.S., there would be a big nationwide celebration. Instead it went out with a whimper. The closest people came to celebrating was May 13 when the CDC said vaccinated people didn't need to wear masks.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #5093 on: July 18, 2021, 08:31:44 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2021, 05:59:36 PM by TexasGurl »

Be it their responses to all things covid, or their blind worship of a man who attempted a f**king coup.  Any stragglers who still cling to the GOP yet aren't science-deniers or Trump supporters are just as bad because they can't see how entrenched into the madness they still are.  You can't remain in a party of literal freaking traitors and call yourself anything resembling a patriot; get out or be just a bad...those are the options now.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5094 on: July 18, 2021, 08:48:55 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2021, 09:48:32 AM by pbrower2a »

3. Kamala Harris’s Idiotic Pre-Election Statement

During the 2020 campaign, Vice President Kamala Harris said she would not trust the vaccine developed under the Trump administration.

“Well, I think that’s going to be an issue for all of us,” Harris told CNN’s Dana Bash in September. “I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he’s talking about. I will not take his word for it.”

What a ridiculous comparison

first off Harris never told anybody not to get vaccinated nor did she ever go on Facebook to spread lies about the vaccines, like a lot of people on the far right are currently doing

She simply stated did not she no longer trusted trump when it came to giving credible information on covid and I don't blame her for feeling that way at all since trump spent much of 2020 lying about the virus

The reality is Harris comments did not in any way, shape or form stop Democrats from going to get vaccinated

On the other hand the anti-vax BS that Fox News and far right has been putting on social media is clearly having a negative impact on republicans.....

Republicans will be hemorrhaging voters as Democrats will not. Over 1.5% of people who contract COVID-19 die. That will be a far-bigger share of the R vote than of the D vote, and the near-even matches between D and R could spiral away in the favor of Democrats. One thing is sure: election officials now do a very good vote of suppressing the once-commonplace vote of the dead.

There will be more equivalents of Kristen Urquiza (remember her? Someone who looks much like a high-fashion model made plenty of appearances for the Democratic Party telling people to vote for Biden because COVID-19 killed her Trump-supporting father.  She put it this way: her father had one pre-existing condition: he believed in Donald Trump).

Polarized as the American electorate is, a swing in even a small margin can swing an election.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5095 on: July 18, 2021, 09:17:55 AM »

Feel free to recall him
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5096 on: July 18, 2021, 09:56:31 AM »

Big Business can be extremely effective in enforcing mask laws. Wal*Mart was giving them to anyone who came in without one. 
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #5097 on: July 18, 2021, 04:48:41 PM »

I thought that when the pandemic ended in the U.S., there would be a big nationwide celebration. Instead it went out with a whimper. The closest people came to celebrating was May 13 when the CDC said vaccinated people didn't need to wear masks.

To be fair, there was never going to be one day specifically that was the end.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5098 on: July 18, 2021, 09:02:07 PM »

I just wanted to refute the misconceptions and misinformation spewed by the USGD mafia on here.

Of course, I expect less than nothing from them, but it would be so stupendous to see them break my insanely low levels of conjecture.

This post may be my next signature.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5099 on: July 18, 2021, 09:37:22 PM »

I just wanted to refute the misconceptions and misinformation spewed by the USGD mafia on here.
Of course, I expect less than nothing from them, but it would be so stupendous to see them break my insanely low levels of conjecture.

This post may be my next signature.

Fuzzy,
This image in your signature would be better ...

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies