COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:43:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 545929 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4950 on: July 12, 2021, 04:21:36 PM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

Which precautions should I take?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4951 on: July 12, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »

I am going to visit relatives in Alabama (my mother is from Alabama) and many of them are anti-vaxxers.

If you're fully vaccinated, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4952 on: July 12, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »

I mean, the vaccine is not 100% effective and is less effective against certain variations (i.e. Delta).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4953 on: July 12, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »

I mean, the vaccine is not 100% effective and is less effective against certain variations (i.e. Delta).

Wow, you're really f**king stupid.

It's like some people want the pandemic to continue forever.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4954 on: July 12, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »

You should probably be fine. If you are staying with them, there isn’t anything you can do so just try and be sanitary ig. If not, try asking to meet them outside when possible, but don’t sweat it too much. Unless you live with someone immunocompromised or are immunocompromised, you probably will be okay. If you do, well then extra precautions may be considered. Get tested if you feel sick.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4955 on: July 12, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »

Just live normal.  If your in a very crowded indoor venue perhaps wear a  mask but that's it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4956 on: July 12, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »

CPAC crowd cheers missing vaccination goal. Hear Fauci's response.

Click here to watch video ... https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/07/11/anthony-fauci-cpac-cheers-missing-vaccination-goal-sot-sotu-vpx.cnn

Those who would applause to this are a$$holes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4957 on: July 12, 2021, 05:24:32 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, there is no point in lockdowns. The only people who are truly at risk for COVID are the unvaccinated, and if you still refuse to get the vaccine at this point, I don't care what happens to you, unless you have a legitimate medical reason for not doing so. If the antivaxxers want to play with fire, let them get burned. We should not place restrictions on the vaccinated because the minority refuses the vaccine. It's an issue of personal responsibility at this point.

This times a thousand. I'm a congressional staffer, and Nancy's refusal to reopen the Capitol is really pissing me off. If Marjorie or Boebert gets sick, it's entirely on them at this point.

Do you mind me asking which congressman you work for?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4958 on: July 12, 2021, 05:32:09 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, there is no point in lockdowns. The only people who are truly at risk for COVID are the unvaccinated, and if you still refuse to get the vaccine at this point, I don't care what happens to you, unless you have a legitimate medical reason for not doing so. If the antivaxxers want to play with fire, let them get burned. We should not place restrictions on the vaccinated because the minority refuses the vaccine. It's an issue of personal responsibility at this point.

This times a thousand. I'm a congressional staffer, and Nancy's refusal to reopen the Capitol is really pissing me off. If Marjorie or Boebert gets sick, it's entirely on them at this point.

TBH, I'd rather not share. I do work for a Republican, but not a very Trumpy one.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4959 on: July 12, 2021, 05:34:01 PM »

TBH, I'd rather not share. I do work for a Republican, but not a very Trumpy one.

That's fine. I suspected that you wouldn't be comfortable, but it doesn't hurt to ask. How would you say the atmosphere is at the Capitol between Democrats and Republicans right now?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4960 on: July 12, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »

Honestly if I had antivax family, I'd avoid them entirely for reasons unrelated to covid risk.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #4961 on: July 12, 2021, 06:58:19 PM »

You may want to wear a mask, if that's feasible for the setting.  I do think you'll mostly be protected as long as you're fully vaccinated (at least 2 weeks following your second dose).  But if you're concerned....no hugging or handshaking, keep as much distance as you can manage, and spend the time outside if possible.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #4962 on: July 13, 2021, 09:57:29 AM »

Bro, if you’re vaccinated it doesn’t matter. Go live your life.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4963 on: July 13, 2021, 02:04:08 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4964 on: July 13, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »

Sigh.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4965 on: July 13, 2021, 06:02:40 PM »

Sigh.

So Republicans are going full antivax as their platform.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4966 on: July 13, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »

Sigh.
you have to really wonder why the republicans are so hell bent on killing as many people as possible
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4967 on: July 13, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2021, 06:39:41 PM by Horus »

Sigh.
you have to really wonder why the republicans are so hell bent on killing as many people as possible

Last year it sort of made sense, since most of those dying were minorities or in big cities they had less reason to care. But now most deaths are among the unvaccinated, and with every day that passes Republican voters make up a bigger percentage of the unvaccinated. The extremely white, conservative and uneducated Springfield MO appears to be the epicenter of the anti COVID vaccine movement.

Do they want their base to die?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4968 on: July 13, 2021, 08:07:45 PM »

Sigh.

You just misspelled an indelicate word for "feces".
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4969 on: July 13, 2021, 08:36:17 PM »

Wow.

America deserves to to fade away.  About half the country, led by the Republican Party, keeps ruining everything.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4970 on: July 13, 2021, 09:10:36 PM »

Sigh.

Last year it sort of made sense, since most of those dying were minorities or in big cities they had less reason to care. But now most deaths are among the unvaccinated, and with every day that passes Republican voters make up a bigger percentage of the unvaccinated. The extremely white, conservative and uneducated Springfield MO appears to be the epicenter of the anti COVID vaccine movement.

Do they want their base to die?

I can't help but feel that, on top of the year of denialism, there's a heavy dousing of "this'll never happen to me" among the people that are refusing to vaccinate while being fine with this happening, same as you often see regarding disaster preparedness.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4971 on: July 13, 2021, 11:16:01 PM »

Well, if he's traveling and visiting unvaxxed kin he could potentially bring the COVID to them, so he should take precautions.  How do you think the Delta gets into the boonies anyway?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4972 on: July 14, 2021, 01:06:14 AM »

Olivia Rodrigo to meet with Biden, Fauci to promote vaccines

Teen pop sensation Olivia Rodrigo will visit the White House Wednesday as part of the administration’s effort to promote vaccinations to young Americans.

According to a White House official, the 18-year-old former Disney Channel star will meet with President Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci to film videos stressing why it's important for young people to be vaccinated, incorporating a question-and-answer format.

Rodrigo, known for her meteoric rise on the teen pop scene with music detailing heartbreak and empowerment, boasts an expansive following, particularly with members of Gen Z. The videos will be featured on her social platforms, which are followed by over 28 million people, as well as the various White House social media channels.

https://news.yahoo.com/olivia-rodrigo-to-meet-with-biden-fauci-to-promote-vaccines-191435446.html
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4973 on: July 14, 2021, 06:35:17 AM »

Taking precautions is not the same thing as wanting the pandemic to continue forever.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4974 on: July 14, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »

Taking precautions is not the same thing as wanting the pandemic to continue forever.

People can and should take precautions but there should be no governmental mandates at this time and certainly never ever any business or school shut downs again. Never!

We are largely vaccinated population with a minority of clowns refusing it. We shall not let them control us!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies