Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 02:36:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 145961 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: January 04, 2021, 02:07:52 AM »

Oh goodie.

"undercover agents," really, what are they the dorks in black?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2001 on: January 04, 2021, 02:09:34 AM »

The real question is whether a jury anywhere would ever find him guilty. If there are any solid Trump supporters on it, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be swayed by Trump's inevitable whining about political persecution.

Well I'd think the prosecution would insist there not be any Trump supporters on the jury just as the defense would insist on no liberals/Trump haters. So you'd probably get a jury full of oddball apoliticals and moderate heroes, which is the kind of demographic who might be swayed by a political perecution argument.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2002 on: January 04, 2021, 02:10:24 AM »

Oh goodie.

Looking forward to more doctored videos from them or another embarrassing story about him trying and failing to score on a yacht.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2003 on: January 04, 2021, 02:15:53 AM »

The real question is whether a jury anywhere would ever find him guilty. If there are any solid Trump supporters on it, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't be swayed by Trump's inevitable whining about political persecution.

Well I'd think the prosecution would insist there not be any Trump supporters on the jury just as the defense would insist on no liberals/Trump haters. So you'd probably get a jury full of oddball apoliticals and moderate heroes, which is the kind of demographic who might be swayed by a political perecution argument.

each side can usually only object to so many potential jurors.  so there's likely gonna be some people you wouldn't want on it for both sides.  But if it's in Manhattan, the overwhelming likelihood is that the vast majority of the jury pool is going to friggin hate Trump.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2004 on: January 04, 2021, 03:12:55 AM »

The defense would likely move for a change in venue for that reason, but it would most likely be denied since there's nowhere in NY you could move it where people won't be familiar with Trump. The jurors can be anti-Trump or maga types as long as they pledge to set it aside and judge based on the evidence only. Peremptory challenges can be used by either side to remove jurors they think may be the most problematic.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #2005 on: January 04, 2021, 09:05:59 AM »

Oh goodie.

If anyone's wondering, this leak involves a Warnock staffer saying she think's Warnock does support defunding the police even though he says he doesn't.

Seems like small potatoes.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2006 on: January 04, 2021, 11:02:22 AM »

^ Unless he said it somewhere else, this is a misquote, Cruz said unprecedented allegations (carefully chosen words), not unprecedented amounts.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2007 on: January 04, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »

So, in other words, in two-days' time the lunatic fringe one-third to half of the party will be trotting out the same insane pseudostatistical garbage we've already litigated over and over and over again, only this time it'll be in the Congressional Record for the edification of the ages? Got it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2008 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:50 AM »

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2009 on: January 04, 2021, 11:36:07 AM »

does it also rub u guys really the wrong way too how all the Trump ppl talking about “illegal votes” seems to only center on places like Atlanta and Detroit?

kinda seems like a dog whistle thing if u ask me, and harmful to our national unity. what a disgrace.

Trump should just give it up and stop whining and dragging our national image down. I mean if he wants to try again in 2024 that’s on him i guess but right now he needs to admit he lost and stop being a whiny baby. too bad he’s a silver spoon who probably never heard the word no.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2010 on: January 04, 2021, 11:45:58 AM »

does it also rub u guys really the wrong way too how all the Trump ppl talking about “illegal votes” seems to only center on places like Atlanta and Detroit?

kinda seems like a dog whistle thing if u ask me
It might be a dog whistle, but if I had to guess it's more likely to because those areas are strongly D as well
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2011 on: January 04, 2021, 11:47:59 AM »

kinda seems like a dog whistle thing if u ask me, and harmful to our national unity. what a disgrace.

Trump should just give it up and stop whining and dragging our national image down. I mean if he wants to try again in 2024 that’s on him i guess but right now he needs to admit he lost and stop being a whiny baby. too bad he’s a silver spoon who probably never heard the word no.

Yeah, it's been discussed before (in very long threads). Trump actually did slightly better than 4 yrs ago in places like Detroit and Philly and did much worse in educated white areas like Chester PA and Kent or Ottawa MI, but Trump's rabid backers are basically the Klan. Racist bigots with no math skills, so of course, it's the negro stealing the election.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2012 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »

What are the odds that any Dem-controlled chamber of congress votes to throw out the next EV/PV split now?  95%?  In any plausible scenario, they can flip the outcome simply by rejecting the electors from Texas and Florida if they control both chambers.  No need to ever invoke the 12th Amendment vote-by-state scenario because the Dem will have a majority of what is left.  

*In the case of split control of congress, there are all kinds of legal technicalities in a one house votes to reject, one house votes to accept scenario.  It could lead to the Democratic candidate, the Republican candidate, or the Speaker of the House becoming president. In the latter case, the WH could even flip in the midterm election.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2013 on: January 04, 2021, 11:57:45 AM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2014 on: January 04, 2021, 02:14:15 PM »

Public officials are now having to explicitly say that they won't be intimidated by the f**king President of the United States. A District Attorney has to say that she'll enforce the law (which is her job) & she's having to say that she'll do so regardless of what the President says.

How this man still has any moral support is simply inconceivable to me.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #2015 on: January 04, 2021, 02:45:35 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2016 on: January 04, 2021, 02:48:33 PM »

Cope hard with a vengeance, SirWoodbury.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2017 on: January 04, 2021, 02:58:23 PM »

How this man still has any moral support is simply inconceivable to me.
It is inconceivable to all decent people. Let's not pretend that these are mere differences of opinion anymore. One party wants to destroy democracy. One party doesn't.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2018 on: January 04, 2021, 03:47:30 PM »

Oh goodie.

If anyone's wondering, this leak involves a Warnock staffer saying she think's Warnock does support defunding the police even though he says he doesn't.

Seems like small potatoes.

Anybody who believes that are already not voting for him considering they've been pumping their ads full of this message anyway.

If anything, it might make some on the fence people who do support defunding actually show up to vote.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2019 on: January 04, 2021, 03:49:56 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2021, 04:31:03 PM by brucejoel99 »

You're right for once, SirWoodbury! Mopping the floor will definitely be POTUS' assigned duty when he's in lockup.

EDIT: well, now that it's been merged with the steal megathread, my comment looks like it makes no sense Sad
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2020 on: January 04, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2021 on: January 04, 2021, 09:08:47 PM »

Trump is going to jail fam.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2022 on: January 04, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »

So close and yet so far.
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2023 on: January 05, 2021, 08:32:59 AM »

I am worried about private right wing militia groups descending on D.C. on, or close to, the 20th, in support of Trump

Like Nazi Brownshirts marching through Berlin.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2024 on: January 05, 2021, 10:13:59 AM »

MAGA Haberman had this breathless little article/series of tweets yesterday about Rudy and John Eastman cooking up some sort of last-ditch Gohmertesque scheme for the joint session and pitching it to Trump and Pence. Is the forum consensus that that sort of thing is going nowhere, especially given Rudy's, uh, track record over the past two months?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies