MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:02:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 69900 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: August 27, 2020, 04:52:09 PM »

"But i'm not running on my name guys, swearsies!"
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #901 on: August 27, 2020, 04:54:58 PM »

I received my ballot in the mail today. Voted Kennedy for Senate and Mermell for House. We'll have to see what happens on September 1, but I think Markey is favored based on recent polling. I do think Kennedy can still win this, though.

You’re out of your mind.

I’ll never post again if Kennedy wins (since I’m assuming that’s what most here would want lol)

But there is simply very little chance. Doug Jones in Alabama chance.

Calm the f**k down there, Joe, your internals can't be that bad Wink

I know some people who work for the campaign and internals show him down 1-2, but showed him down 7-8 a month ago, 3-4 a week ago. And Ed’s numbers static. So the theory is a strong finish gets Joe over the top. I simply don’t buy it. This thing is over and so is his career.

We’re going to lose a talented, caring, empathetic, intelligent young star in the party who yes also happens to have dynastic greatness in his blood as well. All for someone who is beyond useless.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #902 on: August 27, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »

Markey can’t even run on his name,

Markeys campaign slogan is noun, a verb and AOC.

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #903 on: August 27, 2020, 05:22:35 PM »

I received my ballot in the mail today. Voted Kennedy for Senate and Mermell for House. We'll have to see what happens on September 1, but I think Markey is favored based on recent polling. I do think Kennedy can still win this, though.

You’re out of your mind.

I’ll never post again if Kennedy wins (since I’m assuming that’s what most here would want lol)

I know some people who work for the campaign and internals show him down 1-2, but showed him down 7-8 a month ago, 3-4 a week ago. And Ed’s numbers static. So the theory is a strong finish gets Joe over the top. I simply don’t buy it. This thing is over and so is his career.

We’re going to lose a talented, caring, empathetic, intelligent young star in the party who yes also happens to have dynastic greatness in his blood as well. All for someone who is beyond useless.

k

lol k
new_patomic

« Reply #904 on: August 27, 2020, 05:24:45 PM »

Markey can’t even run on his name,

This might not be the dig you think it is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #905 on: August 27, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »

Yes, I love madlibs! Here are my words.

Noun: Guitar
Verb: Flourish
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #906 on: August 27, 2020, 09:01:25 PM »

You’re out of your mind.

This "young star" should've been able to put away Markey months ago.

If he only barely manages to defeat Markey, then he badly, badly needs to reassess his plans in 2024 because he is going to be target number 1 for every single candidate on the stage. If nothing else, this has exposed him as a truly awful campaigner.

Try to picture him going up against Harris, Cuomo or AOC for the Presidential nomination in 2024 (because let's be honest, that's the only reason he wants to be a Senator now). They will grind him up and spit him out.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #907 on: August 27, 2020, 09:04:58 PM »

You’re out of your mind.

For the last time (and I don't know why I'm doing this), I don't care about "dynastic greatness in his blood." This is a Republic not a divine right monarchy.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #908 on: August 27, 2020, 09:18:31 PM »

The derangement (from at least one poster, anyway) in this thread is both fascinating and quite alarming.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #909 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:23 PM »

You’re out of your mind.

If he only barely manages to defeat Markey, then he badly, badly needs to reassess his plans in 2024 because he is going to be target number 1 for every single candidate on the stage. If nothing else, this has exposed him as a truly awful campaigner.

Try to picture him going up against Harris, Cuomo or AOC for the Presidential nomination in 2024 (because let's be honest, that's the only reason he wants to be a Senator now). They will grind him up and spit him out.

First of all Cuomo is a Kennedy, he was married to Kerry Kennedy and had children by her, secondly Cuomo said he will never run for Prez due to his messy divorce to Kerry Kennedy
Lognog
United States

« Reply #910 on: August 28, 2020, 12:14:25 AM »

The derangement (from at least one poster, anyway) in this thread is both fascinating and quite alarming.

I'm just counting down the days until A certain poster gets to see candidate which has a certain affinity for lose
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #911 on: August 28, 2020, 01:21:55 AM »

ok simp
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #912 on: August 28, 2020, 03:21:03 AM »

You’re out of your mind.

First of all Cuomo is a Kennedy, he was married to Kerry Kennedy and had children by her, secondly Cuomo said he will never run for Prez due to his messy divorce to Kerry Kennedy

And Obama said he wouldn't run in 2008
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #913 on: August 28, 2020, 05:58:34 AM »

You’re out of your mind.

For the last time (and I don't know why I'm doing this), I don't care about "dynastic greatness in his blood." This is a Republic not a divine right monarchy.

Clearly the way I worded it was “yes, he has blah blah blah”. Another words: Yes that’s a fact but that’s besides the point. Not the way you to interpreted it though
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #914 on: August 28, 2020, 07:22:15 AM »

You’re out of your mind.

Clearly the way I worded it was “yes, he has blah blah blah”. Another words: Yes that’s a fact but that’s besides the point. Not the way you to interpreted it though

Hang on, you're accusing someone else of interpreting your words wrongly?

Alright lads, we're going to need heavy drills this far into the oremine!
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #915 on: August 28, 2020, 09:55:38 AM »

Can someone explain to me what the hell is the Oremine
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: August 28, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »

Can someone explain to me what the hell is the Oremine

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=126827.1000
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #917 on: August 28, 2020, 11:38:35 AM »

chickentitilater
Rookie
United States

« Reply #918 on: August 28, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »

The final Emerson College/WHDH poll finds Senator Ed Markey leading with 56% support and Congressman Joe Kennedy behind at 44% (n=453, +/-4.6%).

18-29 Year Olds:
Markey: 70%
Kennedy: 30%

30-49:
Markey: 55%
Kennedy: 45%

50-64:
Markey: 53%
Kennedy: 47%

65+:
Markey: 51%
Kenney: 49%

how does a Kennedy lose the 65+ bracket?

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #919 on: August 28, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 06:57:53 PM by Oryxslayer »

Hot new poll finds Kennedy leading Markey by 7% 52/45...from Gravis. Into the trash it goes. Though it would be funny if Gravis for once were the accurate ones and Kennedy ends up winning, upending the polling average.

EDIT: This poll was confirmed to be a fake, possibly in an attempt to commit fraud on prediction markets.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #920 on: August 28, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »

Hot new poll finds Kennedy leading Markey by 7% 52/45...from Gravis. Into the trash it goes. Though it would be funny if Gravis for once were the accurate ones and Kennedy ends up winning, upending the polling average.

Yeah, I'm 100% in on Markey but I'm ngl, I'll laugh my ass off if not only Kennedy somehow manages to pull off the upset after all of this, but if Gravis was the only pollster to call it.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #921 on: August 28, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »

Does this mean that all 55 4th Generation Kennedys should become senators?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: August 28, 2020, 04:54:58 PM »

I'm afraid of what MM's answer to this question will be.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #923 on: August 28, 2020, 05:37:09 PM »

That was a counterfeit poll apparently.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #924 on: August 28, 2020, 05:40:14 PM »

Does this mean that all 55 4th Generation Kennedys should become senators?

Oh no. We need 17 to fill the presidential line of succession.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies