The Irony Oremine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:24:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Irony Oremine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46
Author Topic: The Irony Oremine  (Read 127430 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: August 31, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »

Here is you go Fuzzy.
How is trump doing so far, to be the great "unifier" you seek for our nation?
Are you saying that we should just ignore and forget this man who was murdered by terrorists in our own country?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1001 on: August 31, 2020, 03:49:29 PM »

Here is you go Fuzzy.
Are you saying that we should just ignore and forget this man who was murdered by terrorists in our own country?
Where exactly is the irony this?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1002 on: August 31, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »

Here is you go Fuzzy.
Where exactly is the irony this?

That Atlas' SJW and liberals lobbied for your reinstatement.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1003 on: September 02, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »

The most fake-ass libertarian on this site, and boy howdy is that saying a lot. The avatar of a man who advocates for executing petty criminals shouldn't be yellow, but Gestapo brown.

DING DING DING, also Im pretty sure all the libertarians on the forum agreed with my statements Tongue(ok maybe not  libertpaulian)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1004 on: September 02, 2020, 05:42:18 PM »

The most fake-ass libertarian on this site, and boy howdy is that saying a lot. The avatar of a man who advocates for executing petty criminals shouldn't be yellow, but Gestapo brown.

DING DING DING, also Im pretty sure all the libertarians on the forum agreed with my statements Tongue(ok maybe not  libertpaulian)

Really tells you more about the forum libertarians than it does anything else.

Also, learn what irony means.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1005 on: September 10, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »

I am sick of Biden and Hillary being considered as possible 2016 contenders. I think it's absurd to think that they'll even be interested in another run. They're yesterday's news.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1006 on: September 25, 2020, 04:13:22 AM »

God cannot possibly hurt God's creatures though, I think.

Well there is nothing prima facie ironic in this statement, but the fact is I would argue that God has definitely hurt me in some ways - which is not necessarily a bad thing - in the exact month that has passed since.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1007 on: September 25, 2020, 04:17:55 AM »

I am sick of Biden and Hillary being considered as possible 2016 contenders. I think it's absurd to think that they'll even be interested in another run. They're yesterday's news.

Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1008 on: October 10, 2020, 04:53:27 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1009 on: October 21, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »

Biggest dem hack on the site in my opinion. Any poll that is somewhat negative for his side he spins as a positive or not that bad. He never criticizes democrats or gives any constructive criticism and his predictions are completely delusional. I think Trump will win but I think it will be in the 290 to 310 EV range. I don't think it will be some landslide. He thinks Trump has a 0% chance of winning. I think Biden has about a 25 30% chance of winning.

I think I struck gold
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1010 on: October 21, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »

Biggest dem hack on the site in my opinion. Any poll that is somewhat negative for his side he spins as a positive or not that bad. He never criticizes democrats or gives any constructive criticism and his predictions are completely delusional. I think Trump will win but I think it will be in the 290 to 310 EV range. I don't think it will be some landslide. He thinks Trump has a 0% chance of winning. I think Biden has about a 25 30% chance of winning.

I think I struck gold

Yep, time to close the thread.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1011 on: October 29, 2020, 06:21:24 PM »

People just need to stop treating them like they have credibility just because they write articles that are 15x longer than they could have been.
Say what you will about MacArthur's posts, but no one has ever accused him of being too succinct
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1012 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:51 AM »

They're registered Republicans and the President has governed as a loyal Republican. Not sure why this is so complicated...

The question isn't why they're so loyal. We get that their values are fundamentally opposed to ours and that attacking democracy is viewed as a perk rather than a deal breaker. The question is why they seem entirely incapable of understanding the perspectives of other Americans who are afraid of them. Why they not only deny citizen opposition to Trump is strong, they can't grasp why it might exist.

The answer - as Gustave Gilbert told us - is because they aren't capable of empathy.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1013 on: November 06, 2020, 08:56:00 AM »

Silver needs to go away forever and stop talking about politics. He is a freaking joke.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1014 on: November 20, 2020, 11:29:55 AM »

Upon Santander's suggestion:

It is no more incorrect to say "Democrat Party" than it is to say "Iraq War."  Nouns are routinely used to modify other nouns (i.e., "race car" and "sports car", not "racing car" and "sporting car.")  

In everyday usage, it is perfectly normal to call a party full of Democrats a "Democrat Party."  The modern use of the term is a grammatical force of habit rather than a deliberate epithet.  The only people who dislike it are highly partisan Democrats (like Alben Barkley and GenMac) who should be worrying about better things, lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

Maybe you should educate yourself and get your facts straight before you write a smug, completely incorrect rant or try to come at me again, lol.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1015 on: December 10, 2020, 05:33:41 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2020, 05:46:59 PM by Coastal Elitist »

Watching things unfold for the previous weeks actually makes me not very optimistic about unity in America. Not because Biden is the wrong POTUS for the task, he's perhaps among the best politicians for getting some unity. However, a large share of GOP elected officials live in complete and total denial. The Inaugural Committee can't acknowledge Biden as prez-elect, TX AG is filing ridiculous fraud lawsuits and then I see people like Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz, who are so embarrassing and obnoxious, it's hard to find any words. Any sane person knows there was no widespread fraud. All this is about is the fragile ego of a rejected sociopath, who can't deal with defeat. More worrying than Mr. Trump's state of mind is the large following he has and that so many of them, who should know better, still live in an alternate universe.

Also democrats have politicized the virus from day one focusing on states like Florida and Texas while ignoring New York, California and New Jersey terrible numbers. Also saying that shutting drown travel with China was xenophobic and other nonsense like that.

I'm not sure how this should go on, even if Mr. Trump is out the WH his media presence declines (I'm doubtful of latter, because the media too much cares about ratings). Almost the entire GOP is in a total state of denial and not willing to participate in a meaningful discourse. I'm really worried they will obstruct Biden at any turn and any cost. And so far, they haven't paid a price for their attitude. As long as they don't, they have little reason to change. More broadly, I think the GOP should ask itsself whether they actually still believe in democracy and the rule of law. Or whether they just pretend to care about these things when it suits their short term political interests. I know, I know, there are some voices within the GOP that still respect these things, but let's not pretend the Mitt Romneys of the world have a say in this party. This is also not meant to be criticism of all blue avatars; I know there are several blue avatars on this forum I may have disagreements with, but who ultimately believe in democracy and the rule of law. But all the doesn't alter the fact we have one party whose majority of elected officials apparently don't believe in democracy and democratic standards. It's not just they're blindly following a cult leader, attempt to weaponize the judiciary, they're also not willing to compromise on important issues for the good of the nation and for years have attempted to make voting harder. Seriously, which major party in the Western world does that? The Tories in Canada or the UK? Of course not.

As we speak, hundreds of thousands of fellow Americans contract a deadly virus. Almost as many people as on 9/11 die from it. Every single day. Let that sink on for a second. Past tragedies, including 9/11, have at least for some time unified this country. Not the case today. Laregely because Republicans, and not just Trump, have decided to politicize a natural disaster that doesn't care about personal feelings or political preference. The virus doesn't care which party one is, it kills Dems, GOPers and Independents alike.

That said, I don't have an universal solution. Probably needs structural reforms in our system that go well beyond the liberal vs. conservative scheme. However, I do feel our system is no longer capable to reform itsself. But I find it really worrisome we're apparently in this downward spiral. Is it just me thinking this way?
Where to even start with this nonsense. First Democrats are still in denial about 2016 claiming that Russia changed votes and they also obstructed Trump from day one. Nothing about Biden's campaign was unifying in any way. Democrats don't believe in democracy or the rule of law. They want to ad states and pack the supreme court because they can't win elections that have been played by the same rules for hundreds of years. Democrats have also weaponized the courts for years by appointing activist judges who ignore the constitution. Democrats aren't willing to compromise on important issues they blocked passing stimulus in the senate. Regarding the virus it's not ironic but it's dumb to compare something like 9/11 which was a one day event to an illness that's killed less than 1% of the population and for most people has a 99% survival rate. This post is mostly ironic but it's also absurd and ignorant to.

Also Democrats have politicized the virus from day one suggesting that halting travel with China would be xenophobic and then focusing on states like Florida and Texas and ignoring how bad New York, New Jersey and California were doing.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1016 on: December 10, 2020, 05:48:28 PM »

Watching things unfold for the previous weeks actually makes me not very optimistic about unity in America. Not because Biden is the wrong POTUS for the task, he's perhaps among the best politicians for getting some unity. However, a large share of GOP elected officials live in complete and total denial. The Inaugural Committee can't acknowledge Biden as prez-elect, TX AG is filing ridiculous fraud lawsuits and then I see people like Jim Jordan or Ted Cruz, who are so embarrassing and obnoxious, it's hard to find any words. Any sane person knows there was no widespread fraud. All this is about is the fragile ego of a rejected sociopath, who can't deal with defeat. More worrying than Mr. Trump's state of mind is the large following he has and that so many of them, who should know better, still live in an alternate universe.

Also democrats have politicized the virus from day one focusing on states like Florida and Texas while ignoring New York, California and New Jersey terrible numbers. Also saying that shutting drown travel with China was xenophobic and other nonsense like that.

I'm not sure how this should go on, even if Mr. Trump is out the WH his media presence declines (I'm doubtful of latter, because the media too much cares about ratings). Almost the entire GOP is in a total state of denial and not willing to participate in a meaningful discourse. I'm really worried they will obstruct Biden at any turn and any cost. And so far, they haven't paid a price for their attitude. As long as they don't, they have little reason to change. More broadly, I think the GOP should ask itsself whether they actually still believe in democracy and the rule of law. Or whether they just pretend to care about these things when it suits their short term political interests. I know, I know, there are some voices within the GOP that still respect these things, but let's not pretend the Mitt Romneys of the world have a say in this party. This is also not meant to be criticism of all blue avatars; I know there are several blue avatars on this forum I may have disagreements with, but who ultimately believe in democracy and the rule of law. But all the doesn't alter the fact we have one party whose majority of elected officials apparently don't believe in democracy and democratic standards. It's not just they're blindly following a cult leader, attempt to weaponize the judiciary, they're also not willing to compromise on important issues for the good of the nation and for years have attempted to make voting harder. Seriously, which major party in the Western world does that? The Tories in Canada or the UK? Of course not.

As we speak, hundreds of thousands of fellow Americans contract a deadly virus. Almost as many people as on 9/11 die from it. Every single day. Let that sink on for a second. Past tragedies, including 9/11, have at least for some time unified this country. Not the case today. Laregely because Republicans, and not just Trump, have decided to politicize a natural disaster that doesn't care about personal feelings or political preference. The virus doesn't care which party one is, it kills Dems, GOPers and Independents alike.

That said, I don't have an universal solution. Probably needs structural reforms in our system that go well beyond the liberal vs. conservative scheme. However, I do feel our system is no longer capable to reform itsself. But I find it really worrisome we're apparently in this downward spiral. Is it just me thinking this way?
Where to even start with this nonsense. First Democrats are still in denial about 2016 claiming that Russia changed votes and they also obstructed Trump from day one. Nothing about Biden's campaign was unifying in any way. Democrats don't believe in democracy or the rule of law. They want to ad states and pack the supreme court because they can't win elections that have been played by the same rules for hundreds of years. Democrats have also weaponized the courts for years by appointing activist judges who ignore the constitution. Democrats aren't willing to compromise on important issues they blocked passing stimulus in the senate. Regarding the virus it's not ironic but it's dumb to compare something like 9/11 which was a one day event to an illness that's killed less than 1% of the population and for most people has a 99% survival rate. This post is mostly ironic but it's also absurd and ignorant to.

Also Democrats have politicized the virus from day one suggesting that halting travel with China would be xenophobic and then focusing on states like Florida and Texas and ignoring how bad New York, New Jersey and California were doing.

Thanks for posting directly into the thread.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1017 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1018 on: January 05, 2021, 01:26:47 PM »

Have to find those extra ballots to put Warnock/Ossoff just over the top.

I really think I struck gold
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1019 on: April 04, 2021, 07:32:20 PM »

Baseball took a political action and right wingers are allowed to spend their money and time on other things. Of course, the left is very angry about this for some reason.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1020 on: May 30, 2021, 07:15:40 PM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1021 on: August 18, 2021, 10:11:06 AM »

Don't try to unskew polls, it never works out.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1022 on: October 29, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »

I sometimes wonder if there are any posters on this site that aren't jobless 20 year olds that literally have thousands of hours to devote to internet forums..
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1023 on: October 30, 2021, 04:27:32 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1024 on: October 31, 2021, 12:23:12 PM »

I sometimes wonder if there are any posters on this site that aren't jobless 20 year olds that literally have thousands of hours to devote to internet forums..

I must be missing how this is ironic, given that You have a higher post per day average than he does.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies