MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68468 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 13, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »

As states about MA is not as diverse state, John and Teddy were elected from MA, but all the other Kennedys, SGT Shriver, MD, RFK from NY and Schwarzenegger from CA, elected from other diverse states.

Typical of Boston liberals to choose Markey over a Kennedy just like they chose Scott Brown over Coakley. R Govs except for Deval Patrick have been elected.  That's how conservative MA is
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: August 13, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »

New Markey Ad is possibly the best this cycle.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #552 on: August 13, 2020, 08:05:06 PM »

As states about MA is not as diverse state, John and Teddy were elected from MA, but all the other Kennedys, SGT Shriver, MD, RFK from NY and Schwarzenegger from CA, elected from other diverse states.

Typical of Boston liberals to choose Markey over a Kennedy just like they chose Scott Brown over Coakley. R Govs except for Deval Patrick have been elected.  That's how conservative MA is

Boston liberals didn’t vote for Scott Brown lmaooo nice trolling though.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #553 on: August 13, 2020, 08:06:14 PM »

Glad to see Markey hedging his bets on going hard left. Might as well go all in, take a stand, and make it as evident as possible that Kennedy is challenging him from the right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: August 13, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »

This is a race among forum pollsters for bragging rights over who would win, again, among brucejoel, Bagel and Johnson against the field. Just like it was in the primary among the Biden supporters against the field. But, its MA, not NY. It's not a national primary
new_patomic

« Reply #555 on: August 13, 2020, 08:34:51 PM »

That last line is so hilariously shady
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #556 on: August 13, 2020, 08:41:12 PM »

I don't care that it's nearly 3 minutes long, this might unironically be the greatest political ad of all time.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #557 on: August 13, 2020, 10:49:30 PM »

That Markey ad makes me proud to be a Democrat. Highlights his record and priorities and their importance during a time of crisis while portraying government in a positive light.
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #558 on: August 14, 2020, 01:48:29 AM »

That last line is so hilariously shady

Yeah, this ad is it. His best argument for reelection. Solid progressive record with some Kennedy shade. And a beautiful Malden brogue, to boot. I've been solidly Markey before this, but after seeing this ad I'm fired up.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #559 on: August 14, 2020, 01:56:00 AM »

I will run through a wall for this man.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #560 on: August 14, 2020, 01:58:52 AM »

I don't care that it's nearly 3 minutes long, this might unironically be the greatest political ad of all time.

I watched this ad, and I am genuinely impressed. Rarely have I seen a political ad as well produced as this one. Markey was able to point to a long record of substantive legislative accomplishments, and is clearly touting his progressive credentials. I think that this, along with his personal background (having worked his way up the ladder in contrast to Kennedy, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and had everything handed to him), both came through.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #561 on: August 14, 2020, 02:09:39 AM »

What a badass. I can't believe people actually want this guy primaried. Bonus points for top notch music.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: August 14, 2020, 02:59:59 AM »

The problem with Gross and Kennedy, Gross has refused to say whom he would caucus with and Kennedy is running as a blue dog, Begich and the Kennedys are known for their pragmatic ways not for their conservative ways and most of Kennedys videos are about himself, not about what he will do for the people. The ads were described as negative by Market
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #563 on: August 14, 2020, 03:37:32 AM »

This is one of the greatest ads I've ever seen. Go, Ed Markey! We need you in the Senate!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #564 on: August 14, 2020, 04:34:44 AM »

I dont mind Kennedy losing, he wasnt gonna go have a shot to be Prez, anyways, now that Kamala Harris is gonna be Veep
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #565 on: August 14, 2020, 07:09:30 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2020, 07:12:58 AM by Brittain33 »

You know there's some version of this with The Dropkick Murphys' "Shipping up to Boston" in the background that got vetoed.

We're one election away from Matt Damon casting himself as Sen. Markey in a movie where he discovers a cure for COVID while delivering food boxes to a young widow in Southie.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #566 on: August 14, 2020, 07:49:36 AM »

Ed Markey, campaign wizard and ad genius.

I love it.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #567 on: August 14, 2020, 09:53:49 AM »

It’s pathetic how much everyone on this thread is buying Markeys BS just because they’re anti-dynasty. Even if JK is likely to do more for Massachusetts. I’d say thank god my state is smarter than this thread but clearly from all indications they aren’t
voice_of_resistance
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.34, S: 5.22

« Reply #568 on: August 14, 2020, 10:18:11 AM »

It’s pathetic how much everyone on this thread is buying Markeys BS just because they’re anti-dynasty. Even if JK is likely to do more for Massachusetts. I’d say thank god my state is smarter than this thread but clearly from all indications they aren’t

I'm not anti-dynasty. If this was an open seat, I'd honestly support JK3. This is rank opportunism from Kennedy, which I'm not a fan of, and simply put, his entire campaign is his legacy + Ayanna Pressley cosplay. Go to Markey's website, they have a list of everything he's done for all of the 350+ towns and cities in our state.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #569 on: August 14, 2020, 12:33:25 PM »

I care about climate change and support the GND. Markey has made it his cause and I support him for that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: August 14, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »

As stated before, this is MA, not MD or IL, they will chose a Market over a Kennedy. It's a primary that has become nationalized

Just like I was the first to endorse Harris for Prez and then Bernie, Biden only selected Harris, because Trump was closing in on Ukraine Biden with Reade allegations

If the Reade allegations came up during primary, Bernie or Warren or Harris would have been nominated
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #571 on: August 14, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »

What BS? You have never explained once what this is

Doing more for Massachusetts? How??? He certainly hasn’t in the House.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #572 on: August 14, 2020, 02:13:11 PM »

You’re seriously insinuating that people who support Markey are stupid, all the while acting the victim? Come on. Most of us support Markey not because we “hate dynasties” (the more common argument is that it shouldn’t matter what his last name is), it’s because we believe Markey is a good Senator, and that Kennedy is using this primary as a launching pad to a presidential run, without offering anything other than his last name.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #573 on: August 14, 2020, 02:18:11 PM »

After watching that Markey ad...

Lognog
United States

« Reply #574 on: August 14, 2020, 04:08:11 PM »

nice strawman
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies