Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:16:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289699 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: July 28, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »

For a D+14 sample, those numbers ain't beautiful.

Why do white women with college degrees live him so much?

They're intelligent.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1551 on: July 28, 2021, 04:43:29 PM »

From my conservative POV:

College educated white women, particularly millennials and Gen Z ones, assimilate into more liberal cultures and are more susceptible to emotionally based propaganda (which helps liberals) such as BLM and socially liberal ideologies like the LGBT agenda.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1552 on: July 28, 2021, 05:08:14 PM »

Rs love to come to the Approval rating thread when Biden polls are low, but in a PANDEMIC Trump approvals were consistently low, and Rs are Filibustering everything, and we must fight Rs on Voter Suppression, we didn't have Voter Suppression to stop Trump from winning and Voter Suppression are only in the Red wall states. They're not in MI, PA and WI because D Govs have vetoed R voter Suppression bills coming out of the Legislature, how good were Trump approvals were and he still wants to be Prez

They won't let Trump back into office
Cyrusman
« Reply #1553 on: July 28, 2021, 09:20:55 PM »

College educated white women, particularly millennials and Gen Z ones, assimilate into more liberal cultures and are more susceptible to emotionally based propaganda (which helps liberals) such as BLM and socially liberal ideologies like the LGBT agenda.

In your POV what is the most effective way to counter this?
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1554 on: July 28, 2021, 09:27:04 PM »

The LGBT agenda, as in having equal rights and not being discriminated against?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1555 on: July 28, 2021, 10:37:59 PM »

Use emotional propaganda from a conservative POV on issues like abortion- this obviously will not work on liberal suburban women, but it may work to motivate swing/conservative leaning suburbanites (who are probably older, and not millennials).

I don’t know if this is a brilliant answer.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1556 on: July 28, 2021, 10:46:37 PM »

Use emotional propaganda from a conservative POV on issues like abortion- this obviously will not work on liberal suburban women, but it may work to motivate swing/conservative leaning suburbanites (who are probably older, and not millennials).

It's not.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1557 on: July 29, 2021, 04:14:21 AM »

It's a losing proposition because that constituency is dwindling every year.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1558 on: July 29, 2021, 05:21:03 AM »

It also doesn't help that 20% of the Black vote is undecided. (neither do I believe that he has nearly a 20% disapproval rate among that group)

Either way, YouGov, for the 500th time, for some reason has a real issue getting a proper sample of Independents. They've consistently had Biden down in that group ever since he was inaugurated, even in the double digits such as this poll, which usually does not bare out in many other polls. They generally have had a pretty conservative leaning Indie group for a while.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1559 on: July 29, 2021, 05:32:58 AM »

I wonder what the root cause for Biden's mixed approval is. If it's related to his agenda being seen as too progressive, he might actually get more popular once he loses congress like Bill Clinton did, though certainly not to the same extent.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1560 on: July 29, 2021, 06:31:01 AM »

I wonder what the root cause for Biden's mixed approval is. If it's related to his agenda being seen as too progressive, he might actually get more popular once he loses congress like Bill Clinton did, though certainly not to the same extent.

This didn’t really happen for Obama.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1561 on: July 29, 2021, 06:43:48 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2021, 06:50:13 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

There is 500 days between now and Election day, these polls are meaningless especially it Breyer retires, pollsters get so bent out of shape over Biden low approvals and Trump had low Approvals consistently and the Rs maintained the Senate

We are gonna keep the Senate just like Trump kept the S, the H depends on a blue wave, everyone knows that

So wait til after 2021 Elections and Redistricting to get sooooo bent out of shape over Biden poll numbers

Don't forget Rs are benefiting from Filibuster everything

Remember Gross, Nixon, Demings, Ryan, Fink, Demings and Beasley or Jackson wave insurance seats are no more than 5/8 points down in the polls, with Breyer retirement, it can blow away any of the R state advantage in each of those states just like in the H in 2018..

We have had more targets against the Rs, that's why they have lost seats either in the H or S since 2018, they should of lost in 2016, but the Senate is a Prez map, not a red state map we saw in 2014/18 where Rs picked up MT, ND, MO, SD, WVa, AR, LA
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1562 on: July 29, 2021, 07:13:12 AM »

Do people distinguish from someone seen as too progressive/conservative and as someone who just isn't a good president?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1563 on: July 29, 2021, 07:22:30 AM »

Sinema is the worst politician she is the problem on VR and the Reconciliation Bill, but the Reconciliation Bill can be altered when the D's expand their Majority in 2022, she wants the 2T infrastructure bill she was never enthusiastic about the 3T Reconciliation bill
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1564 on: July 29, 2021, 07:38:11 AM »

True, but it happened to Trump to a small extent.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1565 on: July 29, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »

Trump didn’t get appreciably more popular when he lost the House.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1566 on: July 29, 2021, 08:15:49 AM »

It happened even less for Trump. He went from threatening to privatize Healthcare with his Trifecta to losing the House in 2018 to losing everything in 2020. Obama lost the House and went on to hold the Senate in 2012 though he won by half the margin (but only lost 2 states).
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1567 on: July 29, 2021, 09:20:57 AM »

[liberal-leaning demographics] are more susceptible to emotionally based propaganda

https://dictionary.apa.org/projection
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1568 on: July 29, 2021, 09:25:57 AM »

I agree though both parties has a base of disciplined voters who base their decisions on facts, logic, and what decisions can be reasonably sustained and emotion-based voters who base their decisions on what is "unfair","icky", or whatever else they don't understand and are afraid of. 
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1569 on: July 29, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »

There may not have been a tangible increase in his average approval rating but I think he was helped significantly by being able to take credit for the economy without having to stand by whatever rightwing dreck that a Republican trifecta would otherwise spew forth. I don't know if there's anything to it, but it's a thought. Congress is so consistently unpopular these days that I wonder if being a further degree removed from it spares the President from some of the resentment that people hold towards "the government" as a whole.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1570 on: July 29, 2021, 10:37:47 AM »

The Rs don't want to make people lives better they want power, look what happened in 2010, they said that D's were too focused on Obamacare and they're were gonna bring back jobs and look what happened we still had low skilled jobs
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1571 on: July 29, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »

Monmouth, July 21-26, 804 adults (1-month change)

Approve 48 (nc)
Disapprove 44 (+1)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1572 on: July 29, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »

The thing with Biden's approval too, at least compared with Trumps, is that with Trump you pretty much had every Trump voter always saying they approved of him, no matter what. It was universal.

With Biden, however, you have more a voter base that is willing to say they disapprove of him or don't agree, even if they voted for him and would vote for him again.

Especially with the 18-34 base. Look at Monmouth, it's 45/38/17. So not only are the #s skewed bc of the nearly 20% who 'don't know' but you only have +7 approve with a crowd that was over Biden +20 in the election. They're just more willing to voice when they don't agree, versus Trump's cult that would always say they agreed no matter what.

I think it's so interesting though that Biden is -15 with Indies here too. Again, I do believe that the Indie samples are varying greatly depending on the pollster, but I also think it's certainly ridiculous that so many independents were fine with Trump, giving him better ratings when he was out there doing nothing and causing a sh**t storm, and then now when Biden is actually getting things done, and trying to get things done, they're suddenly disapproving.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1573 on: July 29, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »

These polls are based on the voters losing stimulus benefits like Umployment and 1400 benefits it's not much to worry about I am sure by next yr, his polls will be up 500 days is the Election

As long as it's not upside down like Trump or Obama's were it's not that much to worry if they were 44/48 that would be something
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1574 on: July 29, 2021, 12:34:07 PM »

The thing with Biden's approval too, at least compared with Trumps, is that with Trump you pretty much had every Trump voter always saying they approved of him, no matter what. It was universal.

With Biden, however, you have more a voter base that is willing to say they disapprove of him or don't agree, even if they voted for him and would vote for him again.

Especially with the 18-34 base. Look at Monmouth, it's 45/38/17. So not only are the #s skewed bc of the nearly 20% who 'don't know' but you only have +7 approve with a crowd that was over Biden +20 in the election. They're just more willing to voice when they don't agree, versus Trump's cult that would always say they agreed no matter what.

I think it's so interesting though that Biden is -15 with Indies here too. Again, I do believe that the Indie samples are varying greatly depending on the pollster, but I also think it's certainly ridiculous that so many independents were fine with Trump, giving him better ratings when he was out there doing nothing and causing a sh**t storm, and then now when Biden is actually getting things done, and trying to get things done, they're suddenly disapproving.
I just want to point out that Trump did drop into the mid 30s in approval back in 2017 and was mostly in the low 40s for most of his presidency despite getting 47% of the vote (46 in 2016)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies