January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 151
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141628 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: February 11, 2023, 01:54:15 AM »

Trump's reaction tonight:

Will Trump Hating Prosecutor Jack Smith be investigating the FACT that they SPIED on my campaign, even as I was in the Oval Office, they Stuffed the Ballot Boxes (per 2000 Mules),  used Covid to cheat, that the FBI pushed Twitter & Facebook  around, causing massive voter disruption, and so much more? That’s really what he should be looking at, not asking a very decent Mike Pence why he didn’t send the votes back to State Legislatures for scrutinization, which he could have done. Get the RIGGERS!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2101 on: February 13, 2023, 10:45:58 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2102 on: February 14, 2023, 09:14:57 AM »

Tamar has been the AJC's principal reporter on the Georgia election investigation and is worth following if you're interested in it.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2103 on: February 14, 2023, 05:04:29 PM »

Pence to fight special counsel subpoena on Trump’s 2020 election denial

Mike Pence is preparing to resist a grand jury subpoena for testimony about former President Donald Trump’s push to overturn the 2020 election, according to two people familiar with the former vice president’s thinking.

Pence’s decision to challenge Special Counsel Jack Smith’s request has little to do with executive privilege, the people said. Rather, Pence is set to argue that his former role as president of the Senate — therefore a member of the legislative branch — shields him from certain Justice Department demands.

Pence allies say he is covered by the constitutional provision that protects congressional officials from legal proceedings related to their work — language known as the “speech or debate” clause. The clause, Pence allies say, legally binds federal prosecutors from compelling Pence to testify about the central components of Smith’s investigation. If Pence testifies, they say, it could jeopardize the separation of powers that the Constitution seeks to safeguard.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/14/pence-subpoena-trump-election-00082637

Inverse of the argument he used not to testify to the committee lol.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2104 on: February 14, 2023, 05:50:30 PM »

Pence to fight special counsel subpoena on Trump’s 2020 election denial

Mike Pence is preparing to resist a grand jury subpoena for testimony about former President Donald Trump’s push to overturn the 2020 election, according to two people familiar with the former vice president’s thinking.

Pence’s decision to challenge Special Counsel Jack Smith’s request has little to do with executive privilege, the people said. Rather, Pence is set to argue that his former role as president of the Senate — therefore a member of the legislative branch — shields him from certain Justice Department demands.

Pence allies say he is covered by the constitutional provision that protects congressional officials from legal proceedings related to their work — language known as the “speech or debate” clause. The clause, Pence allies say, legally binds federal prosecutors from compelling Pence to testify about the central components of Smith’s investigation. If Pence testifies, they say, it could jeopardize the separation of powers that the Constitution seeks to safeguard.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/14/pence-subpoena-trump-election-00082637

Inverse of the argument he used not to testify to the committee lol.

I don't think this argument will fly in the end, but it will delay things.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2105 on: February 15, 2023, 08:14:03 PM »

Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows subpoenaed by special counsel in Jan. 6 investigation

Donald Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows has been subpoenaed by the special counsel investigating the former president and his role in the January 6, 2021, insurrection, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

Special counsel Jack Smith’s office is seeking documents and testimony related to January 6, and Meadows received the subpoena sometime in January, the source said. An attorney for Meadows declined to comment.

The Justice Department did not respond to CNN’s request for comment on the subpoena.

The move to subpoena one of Trump’s most senior aides – in addition to the recent subpoena of former Vice President Mike Pence, as CNN reported last week – marks the latest significant step in the special counsel’s investigation into Trump’s role in seeking to overturn the outcome of the 2020 election.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/politics/mark-meadows-subpoena/index.html
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2106 on: February 16, 2023, 11:11:47 AM »

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2107 on: February 16, 2023, 11:04:17 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2108 on: February 17, 2023, 10:36:01 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2023, 10:40:48 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The idea that there wasn't Eday fraud in GA is laughable that's why people don't vote they just want to indict Meadows or Guiliani instead of Trump the same with the Mueller report

We supposed to get anxious on a Trump pending indictment on any of the other two prosecution

The Grand Jury we don't know if they were all white or female it wasn't any Blks on it because its GA

That's why Trump is never gonna get back into office the Rust belt isn't the S and many of these investigation had nothing to do with our daily lives of bringing down 7 percent inflation viewership is down all over Cable news why watch it if Trump gets off Scott free we can not vote for him, we still have people not getting refunds because IRS is going after people, why did they stop stimulus because they want to go after people cheating on taxes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2109 on: February 17, 2023, 01:35:20 PM »

The Silver lining to all this is that Biden Docugate isn't that big of a deal since Trump is getting off as a previous Prez
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2110 on: February 21, 2023, 09:50:38 AM »

This is an interesting read:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2111 on: February 21, 2023, 04:59:37 PM »

More from the grand jury foreperson:

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2112 on: February 21, 2023, 05:03:20 PM »

Sounds like she's all but saying they recommended indicting Trump.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2113 on: February 21, 2023, 05:59:57 PM »

That's how I interpreted it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2114 on: February 21, 2023, 06:14:12 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2023, 06:22:01 PM by Torie »

Who knew? Prosecuting based on the infamous Trump phone call, and the insane legal theory to seat rogue GA electors, would be a terrible mistake.  There is no crime there, as a higher court at some point,  maybe SCOTUS will make clear. Hawking in broad daylight insane legal theories is not a crime, and to interrupt what Trump said as beyond a reasonable doubt, that he was asking the GA SOS to criminally falsify (God knows how he would do it), the vote count, as opposed to just venting, damn it I know I won, there has to be a counting error, find it damn it), would be a travesty.

The press is by and large a POS on this matter. Sloppy thinking, here, there and everywhere. And if the GA action goes forward, and Trump beats it like a drum (this broken down old lawyer's take), it just might make him POTUS again, with Ukraine flushed down the toilet. Think about that one for a moment.

I cried almost when Biden and now Pence was found with docs they should not have had. I really almost did.  What a sad political class we have.  Just pathetic.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2115 on: February 21, 2023, 07:11:05 PM »

Raffensperger said he was threatened.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2116 on: February 21, 2023, 08:14:29 PM »

Who knew? Prosecuting based on the infamous Trump phone call, and the insane legal theory to seat rogue GA electors, would be a terrible mistake.  There is no crime there, as a higher court at some point,  maybe SCOTUS will make clear. Hawking in broad daylight insane legal theories is not a crime, and to interrupt what Trump said as beyond a reasonable doubt, that he was asking the GA SOS to criminally falsify (God knows how he would do it), the vote count, as opposed to just venting, damn it I know I won, there has to be a counting error, find it damn it), would be a travesty.

The press is by and large a POS on this matter. Sloppy thinking, here, there and everywhere. And if the GA action goes forward, and Trump beats it like a drum (this broken down old lawyer's take), it just might make him POTUS again, with Ukraine flushed down the toilet. Think about that one for a moment.

I cried almost when Biden and now Pence was found with docs they should not have had. I really almost did.  What a sad political class we have.  Just pathetic.

Fani Willis, the Fulton County DA, has had a strong reputation as a prosecutor ever since the Atlanta Public Schools cheating scandal several years ago.  I'm pretty confident that she won't bring any indictments for which she doesn't think she can get a conviction.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2117 on: February 21, 2023, 10:07:14 PM »

It's over for Trump multiple indictment no matter whom is indicted and that includes Guiliani
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2118 on: February 21, 2023, 11:28:41 PM »

They listened to Trump phone calls that haven’t been publicly released and lots of witness testimony.  I think it’s a mighty big assumption to say that an indictment would be based solely on that phone call.  We don’t necessarily know what we don’t know here.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2119 on: February 22, 2023, 11:35:34 AM »

I am skeptical there is some smoking gun not reported in the press, but sure, it's possible.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2120 on: February 22, 2023, 12:07:37 PM »

Well the juror said she hadn't heard the phone call before her it was played for them, and she didn't seem to think it was the definitive evidence.

The phone call we've heard can also be part of a larger picture.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2121 on: February 22, 2023, 12:46:03 PM »

Given her effusive praise for Graham and Giuliani, I guess we can infer they are not among the witnesses the GJ wants indicted for perjury.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2122 on: February 22, 2023, 02:54:02 PM »

On CNN they reported as an exclusive that the Georgia prosecutors are debating whether to bring charges with very limited scope or whether they will indict many people and prosecute it like a RICO case. There's no story I can find on it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2123 on: February 22, 2023, 04:02:57 PM »

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2124 on: February 23, 2023, 01:48:39 PM »

Emily Kohrs.

What was this woman thinking? She's the best the Grand Jury could come up with to make forewoman? And shame on the media for pressing her to go further and further.

Kohrs has singlehandedly complicated the case, and her actions call into question the integrity of the entire process. Totally unprofessional, and she seems like a bimbo gushing about how she would've liked to subpoena Trump simply so she could swear him in and get her 60 seconds with him.

All of this might be just enough to allow Trump to escape any kind of justice yet again.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 151  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies