January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 149
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 135054 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: December 24, 2022, 02:26:19 PM »

Perhaps it is time to unsticky this thread, now that the January 6 Commission is history, having issued its criminal referrals and the final report?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2051 on: December 24, 2022, 02:32:57 PM »

Perhaps it is time to unsticky this thread, now that the January 6 Commission is history, having issued its criminal referrals and the final report?

I disagree, as arrests and trials of J6 rioters are still ongoing and the DOJ is still investigating Trump & associates for their roles.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2052 on: December 24, 2022, 02:33:27 PM »

There are still active investigations in Atlanta and at DOJ with charges likely incoming.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2053 on: December 24, 2022, 04:10:45 PM »

This article only reinforces my opinion that absent something not yet public that ties Trump more closely to the violence or an attempt to actually defraud in a secretive way, the DOJ is most unlikely to indict on matters unrelated to paper gate. If I were on a jury without more, my surmise is that I would be a not guilty vote at this point based on what we know at the moment.

https://thehill.com/homenews/3786818-with-eyes-on-doj-a-complex-path-for-trump-jan-6-prosecution/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2054 on: December 26, 2022, 05:05:42 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2022, 05:12:26 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

There are still active investigations in Atlanta and at DOJ with charges likely incoming.

I have given up on charging Trump, he may get charged but I am not obsessed by it Trump got impeached he won't win Reelection he has a 31/69 Approval I'm QU polls and Rs are acting like Hollywood that haven't been around since Rs didn't get 240 H seats that Biden is still at 33/61 in the polls again

If Trump ever gotten back in Office no one would listen to him like Kushner and Ivanka Trump said they won't be in WH again he would be a Lame Duck, Biden would be a Lame Duck but Harris isn't gonna be Hillary Clinton because she has no baggage
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2055 on: December 26, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »

I was seeing the headlines about this while stuck in the airport hellscape on Christmas Eve and assumed there had to be some kind of big time smoking gun. But from what I am seeing it looks like this isn't anything we didn't already know. Unless you can prove that one of these alt-right guys who planned it actually told his plans to Trump and got an ok from him to get him on some kind of conspiracy charge, it's going to be hard to convict him of anything. It was dumb and wrong of him to lie about the election being stolen over and over but that's not illegal.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2056 on: December 26, 2022, 07:59:12 PM »

There are no bombshells in the report that we didn't already know about. However, some lawyers believe he can be charged with insurrection based upon what we already know.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2057 on: December 27, 2022, 09:23:19 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2058 on: December 28, 2022, 03:26:22 PM »

Former Trump White House aide told Jan. 6 panel Mark Meadows burned documents a dozen times during the transition period.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics/january-6-transcripts-key-findings/index.html

I swear, he and trump should be in prison.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2059 on: December 28, 2022, 06:20:04 PM »

Former Trump White House aide told Jan. 6 panel Mark Meadows burned documents a dozen times during the transition period.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics/january-6-transcripts-key-findings/index.html

I swear, he and trump should be in prison.

But Hillary's staffers destroyed their phones!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2060 on: December 28, 2022, 06:34:09 PM »

Apparently Trump only realized his schedule was available to the public a couple of weeks before leaving office.

White House staff began distributing a bizarre statement claiming then-president Donald Trump was spending his days making “many calls” and having “many meetings” in lieu of releasing a detailed daily schedule after Mr Trump discovered the decades-old practice during the final weeks of his term in office, a former press aide to Mr Trump has said.

In testimony before the House January 6 select committee, former Deputy White House Press Secretary Judd Deere told the panel Mr Trump only realised that his staff was providing reporters and other interested parties with a copy of his public event schedule “beginning sometime around mid to late December” in 2020.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2061 on: December 28, 2022, 08:16:55 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 12:15:26 AM by H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY »

Apparently Trump only realized his schedule was available to the public a couple of weeks before leaving office.

White House staff began distributing a bizarre statement claiming then-president Donald Trump was spending his days making “many calls” and having “many meetings” in lieu of releasing a detailed daily schedule after Mr Trump discovered the decades-old practice during the final weeks of his term in office, a former press aide to Mr Trump has said.

In testimony before the House January 6 select committee, former Deputy White House Press Secretary Judd Deere told the panel Mr Trump only realised that his staff was providing reporters and other interested parties with a copy of his public event schedule “beginning sometime around mid to late December” in 2020.

“This morning I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others. In addition to my duties in this House, I shall have further such meetings later today.”
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2062 on: January 01, 2023, 07:22:25 PM »

Kinzinger: I ‘fear for the future of this country’ if Trump isn’t charged over Jan. 6

Watch video and/or read article here ...
https://us.cnn.com/2023/01/01/politics/adam-kinzinger-donald-trump-january-6/index.html
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2063 on: January 02, 2023, 09:04:08 AM »
« Edited: January 02, 2023, 09:09:28 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Clearly QAnon hasnt learned anything, they say Trump is Prez now but fault of Covid is Biden fault but he isn't Prez, thats RS are so enthusatic over DeSantis and Biden is gonna corner DeSantis to tell him to denounce them and he will refuse and ask DeSantis about Student loan Discharge and DeSantis is gonna wind up with 47 while Biden does 50 or better GCB lead is 48/44 which is 51/47 D

We got Maga Vance as a result of 22 so clearly the right has learned little because DeSantis is out there to pardon them

Not that DeSantis is gonna win he won't, but you have SN, 2016 AND Old School like that on the Forum that are DeSantis fans and QAnon is just as vicious as KKK everyone knows that DeSantis is the Jeb bush of the Southern Strategies just like White Evangelical put Bush W in office due to Lewinsky and forgot why they voted out Bush H Iran Contra, I never voted for Bushes
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2064 on: January 02, 2023, 12:11:55 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2065 on: January 02, 2023, 12:18:39 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/01/01/steven-sund-capitol-police-book-jan6/

The former Capitol police chief is publishing a book.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2066 on: January 05, 2023, 06:18:44 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2067 on: January 06, 2023, 11:11:06 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2068 on: January 06, 2023, 12:48:30 PM »

And that, ladies and gentlemen, tells you all you need to know about why the Republican party can't be trusted with power. I don't give a damn what your views are on tax cuts, global warming initiatives, wokeness, or whatever else. If you can't Foursquare support American Democratic Norms above all else, you don't deserve to win elections. At least in a more sensible alternative timeline.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2069 on: January 06, 2023, 04:05:06 PM »

A huge terrorist threat was averted at the Capitol today.  Good work, fellas!

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2070 on: January 06, 2023, 06:05:57 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2071 on: January 06, 2023, 09:06:32 PM »

Trump is being sued for wrongful death in the death of Brian Sicknick

The partner of a US Capitol Police officer who died a day after the 6 January 2021 riot has sued Donald Trump for wrongful death.

The lawsuit filed on Thursday says Mr Trump "intentionally riled up the crowd" that attacked Brian Sicknick.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2072 on: January 06, 2023, 09:14:32 PM »

His bio: Christian-Father-Investigator-Political Analyst-Razorback - http://TheDCPatriot.com - Truth Slinger - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - IG/GETTR/Gab/MeWe:

Wow, sounds like an unbiased source to me!
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #2073 on: January 06, 2023, 09:45:48 PM »

Shameful that only one attended. If the senate was invited, then maybe a few more would’ve come but it shows how scared most of these members of congress are of their constituents.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2074 on: January 07, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »

His bio: Christian-Father-Investigator-Political Analyst-Razorback - http://TheDCPatriot.com - Truth Slinger - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - IG/GETTR/Gab/MeWe:

Wow, sounds like an unbiased source to me!

And here's the other side of the story:

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 149  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies