The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:41:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult  (Read 21744 times)
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 27, 2021, 02:11:04 AM »

Not ashamed to admit that I got owned.

Yeah that said, for a piece of human garbage and well documented a sex pest like Him,  It doesn't stop him from being a complete piece of garbage that his wife is lucky to be done with. And no, I'm not saying that because hes an arch conservative POS politically, but because he has an extremely well documented history of being a serial date rapist Is for whom the concept of an attempted long term monogamous relationship His failing is not the least bit surprising
    This is slander and you are better than this.

As Badger could tell you, it could be libel (not slander) since it’s written and not spoken. (Slander is Spoken)
Remember, Badger uses speech-to-text though.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #201 on: December 27, 2021, 07:27:00 PM »

Yeah that said, for a piece of human garbage and well documented a sex pest like Him,  It doesn't stop him from being a complete piece of garbage that his wife is lucky to be done with. And no, I'm not saying that because hes an arch conservative POS politically, but because he has an extremely well documented history of being a serial date rapist Is for whom the concept of an attempted long term monogamous relationship His failing is not the least bit surprising

As Badger could tell you, it could be libel (not slander) since it’s written and not spoken. (Slander is Spoken)

You and me both brother.

I posted this in the in the comedy thread only cause I couldn't find this 1 1st. Thanks for correcting that Shortcoming.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2021, 02:40:45 AM »

You and me both brother.

I posted this in the in the comedy thread only cause I couldn't find this 1 1st. Thanks for correcting that Shortcoming.

No problem. Couldn’t believe it had been a month since this thread had gotten a post. Most of why I posted it here was because of the dogpiling of recommendations on TheReckoning’s (good) post.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #203 on: January 01, 2022, 10:04:24 PM »

The cartoon s display the proper degree of contempt for Sandy Cortez, who is contemptuous of the majority of American citizens.

I'll never understand why conservatives think calling her by her nickname is some kind of insult. Lots of people go by a more formal name professionally than they do in their personal life.

I refuse to allow her the status of an HHH or a RFK.  Calling her AOC elevates her to undeserved status.

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2022, 04:56:32 PM »

The guy who keeps occupying Georgia is worse than the guy who claims to have won Georgia.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2022, 09:19:38 PM »

I can't find the Atlas hilarity thread, So I'll have to post this here.

Nothing like a good banning to cheer me up.

Meclazine has been banned for 30 days -- for taking pleasure in the banning of others.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »

Me pointing out something is literally subjective is not me defending them. It seems everyone on this forum is a dictionary denier and refuses to understand how the English language works. You can't criticise climate change deniers and refuse to believe the dictionary definition of subjective. Literally all morality is subjective, even ones of which one opinion is agreed upon by 99.9% of people.
Ironically, this itself is very much a subjective claim that you've arbitrarily decided to pretend is objective
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2022, 09:08:44 PM »

Turnout can exceed expectations that's why LA is a new battleground, it's a Runoff state and Kennedy isnt gonna run up the score on Mixon with multiple Candidates in the race, the Election is still far away and Low Approvals don't matter as much when it's VBM, yes D's only need WI, PA and MI but turnout among D's are higher thanRs the Last Midterm was 46/43

Users look at Approvals too much it's called wave insurance, also Beasley is a judge have you seen the KY numbers and WVA approval numbers Ferguson on Beshear and Manchin Approvals they're 6o percent it's not outrageous to believe we can win in NC and FL where DeSantis is only leading 45/41 over Crist
OC, this forum loves ya but Louisiana is a Trump+19 state, Biden has horrible approvals there, and 2022 will likely be a Republican leaning year. Double bonus for it being a very pro oil state, especially now. Kennedy is pro-Trump and has the incumbency advantage and obviously no other Republican has declared candidacy. The Dem field is basically two no name sacrificial lambs who are going to be crushed in the general election. For Dems to even have a shot here they are going to need a significantly bluer wave than 2018 which is not going to happen.

Why try to persuade him? One of his traits-besides spamming threads-is that he doesn't change his views or admit the validity of arguments made by others.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2022, 12:40:37 PM »

context

Why are you always thinking about Hitler.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2022, 12:25:18 PM »

Half of all replies to blue avatars on this forum belong on this thread.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2022, 10:09:34 AM »

Ronald Reagan was an opioid - he made us feel good for a while, but he killed us on the inside.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2022, 05:07:17 AM »

Should've been $351 million.  Unbelievable how weak this president is, never willing to go as far as he needs to to defend Ukraine.

Trump would have given them $352 million in aid and been on the front lines himself riding a tank into battle with a rocket launcher aimed right at Putin's dacha.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2022, 12:44:32 PM »

No one is "obsessed" with you. You are currently making 50 posts a day, mostly meandering lectures both-sidesing a conflict that no one apart from you has any interest in both-sidesing. If you don't want to face pushback for that, stop posting.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2022, 03:21:29 PM »

How the hell is this thread now about incels and Antifa?
I’ll tell you why. Because people in this thread are attacking innocent elderly people who did nothing wrong. Just because they live in a retirement community that’s largest enough to be considered a city.

These people did nothing wrong. They worked, saved, and retired. These incels just don’t like them because they are white and part of the boomer generation.

Just because you majored in art and borrowed 50k with no hope of ever saving doesn’t mean you have to hate/resent people who were smarter/more fortune than you are.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2022, 01:12:46 AM »

How the hell is this thread now about incels and Antifa?
I’ll tell you why. Because people in this thread are attacking innocent elderly people who did nothing wrong. Just because they live in a retirement community that’s largest enough to be considered a city.

These people did nothing wrong. They worked, saved, and retired. These incels just don’t like them because they are white and part of the boomer generation.

Just because you majored in art and borrowed 50k with no hope of ever saving doesn’t mean you have to hate/resent people who were smarter/more fortune than you are.

Only an ancient right wing floridian would think this an ignorant etc post.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2022, 01:14:53 PM »

Mandel's thesis is that Trump won by getting in front of voters and behaving like white trash, and that the best way of winning a Republican primary is to act like someone out of a Jerry Spring sketch every time you appear in public.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2022, 01:40:45 PM »

MiddleRoad, I served with bronz. I knew bronz. Bronz was a friend of mine. MiddleRoad, you're no bronze threaf.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2022, 11:17:03 PM »

and by pointing out that the paradigm of our society has shifted from a focus on the well-being of children to a focus of the happiness and personal choices of adults. 
Yes. Our society does ignore the well-being of children in favor of the desires of adults. For example, many of us think not only should society let parents teach their queer children that being queer is inherently wrong, it should also make do what it can to make sure those kids never see anything opposing those ideas, because apparently a parents desire to make their children believe they are inherently sinful and disgusting is more important than the child's mental well-being.

It's not a parent's job to validate every belief that their child holds.  Or to give in to every episode of temper tantrums and emotional blackmailing.  That's certainly not in a child's best interest.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:47 PM »

Also, I can definitely attest to Joe Republic being a genuinely good person. I mean, if it weren't for him (and Nathan and Sanchez and countless other people), I wouldn't be alive today.

What happened? (If you don't mind sharing - if you do, that's obviously understandable as well.)

In short, my mother OD'd and I was essentially left destitute and alone with no family to help me on account of my disabilities. Joe and other people started a fundraiser on my behalf. I chose to survive because I realized that not doing so would affect a lot of people.

There are any number of people that I would like more in person than I do online.  Joe DID, and he deserves props for that.

People are more than their politics.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2022, 11:26:54 PM »

and by pointing out that the paradigm of our society has shifted from a focus on the well-being of children to a focus of the happiness and personal choices of adults. 
Yes. Our society does ignore the well-being of children in favor of the desires of adults. For example, many of us think not only should society let parents teach their queer children that being queer is inherently wrong, it should also make do what it can to make sure those kids never see anything opposing those ideas, because apparently a parents desire to make their children believe they are inherently sinful and disgusting is more important than the child's mental well-being.

It's not a parent's job to validate every belief that their child holds.  Or to give in to every episode of temper tantrums and emotional blackmailing.  That's certainly not in a child's best interest.
Responding to "Teaching children that they're sinful and disgusting and then doing everything you can to keep them from encountering any idea that contradicts that is bad" with "Parents shouldn't give in to a childs temper tantrum" doesn't make any sense unless you have a deeply disturbed view of parenting. This is what I was trying and failing to say in my response to that post in the actual thread.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2022, 09:03:19 PM »

F the 2ndAmendment.
F everyone who opposes sensible gun control laws.
F everyone who enables the gun lobby to keep guns flooding into this society.
F people who care more about feeling powerful with their guns than protecting innocent children.
F this country as long as we let this happen.

There is NO reason to let this keep happening. We need to repeal the 2nd A and get rid of everyone’s guns. If you don’t like it, take your guns, and shove it up your ____.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2022, 08:48:14 AM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2022, 02:05:44 PM »

Save the outrage for later. Bank it. Pull it out when it's time to campaign for D candidates this fall (and for organized protests in coming days).
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2022, 12:02:50 PM »

Regarding the abortion question:

I think it should be used for stupid control. I think there needs to be a license to procreate and that certain people should not be allowed to have children.

Well yes, we should probably find a way to contain the spread and proliferation of antisocial attitudes such as yours.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2022, 12:32:22 AM »

I respect the grift (I too hate doing my job in a timely fashion and would love to have an excuse not to), but I find myself wondering if anyone involved genuinely believes this or if it's just grifters all the way down.

Kinda reminds me of how Robin DeAngelo claims that asking students to show their work in a math problem is "white supremacy," while Ron DeSantis claims it's "critical race theory." Given how bad so many Americans are at math, I can see how their grifts would have some mass appeal.

Slay, fellow D-avatars
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies