Posters with an unfair reputation?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:13:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Posters with an unfair reputation?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Posters with an unfair reputation?  (Read 2148 times)
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2022, 05:05:31 AM »

I think my widely held reputation as the most intelligent and most friendly poster is unfair.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2022, 06:09:58 AM »

ExtremeRepublican has a good reputation despite thinking LGBTQ+ people have a mental illness and that everyone not like him goes to hell (to the extent that Josef Mengele would but all the Jews he killed wouldn't).

I don't know why he's so beloved on a forum that's like 50% gay.

ER and I don't agree on LGBTQ+ issues (or a lot of other things), but I've never seen him being anything but pleasant and polite. 

In my mind, there's a difference between:

1) Posters who do not align with my beliefs AND are super pretentious, arrogant, and/or rude about it. 

vs.

2) Posters who do not align with my beliefs BUT ARE NOT pretentious, arrogant, and/or rude about it. 

IMHO, ER falls into the latter. 
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2022, 07:24:16 AM »

shua gets a bad rap but I think he's genuinely one of the best right-of-center posters here, and since I'm the only member AFAIK who's met him in person, I feel like I know him better than most. I don't mind getting sh!t for it. I also have a pretty good relationship with fhtagn and Mr. R is one of my best friends here.

I've learned that often times it is better to not talk politics if it means risking the loss of a friend. I hold radically different views on certain issues from all three of those people but even those who are deeply invested in politics are more than where they stand on a certain topic.

(That's not to say there isn't a line to be crossed, as Pieman certainly did.)

Lol. I dont care what your opinions are as long as they dont involve me going to jail, even if you did vote for someone who wanted me in federal prison for 80+ years for keeping my lawful guns. Wink
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2022, 07:45:50 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2022, 08:51:11 AM by Vice President Scott 🇺🇦 »

shua gets a bad rap but I think he's genuinely one of the best right-of-center posters here, and since I'm the only member AFAIK who's met him in person, I feel like I know him better than most. I don't mind getting sh!t for it. I also have a pretty good relationship with fhtagn and Mr. R is one of my best friends here.

I've learned that often times it is better to not talk politics if it means risking the loss of a friend. I hold radically different views on certain issues from all three of those people but even those who are deeply invested in politics are more than where they stand on a certain topic.

(That's not to say there isn't a line to be crossed, as Pieman certainly did.)

Lol. I dont care what your opinions are as long as they dont involve me going to jail, even if you did vote for someone who wanted me in federal prison for 80+ years for keeping my lawful guns. Wink

Technically I didn't vote at all in 2020. But I did vote for McAuliffe even though I'm well to the "right" of the Democratic Party on gun control. Tongue
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2022, 02:37:40 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2022, 05:47:05 PM by CentristRepublican »

RuneGhost and to a lesser extent PSOL get too much hate IMO.

BRTD spams things nobody cares about constantly but it doesn't hurt his reputation.

Don't know about PSOL but the other two deserve their reputations. Runeghost can go too far sometimes, like when he compared the GOP to Nazis or the Taliban or something like that. Just because he's a red avatar instead of a blue one doesn't mean he should get away with that scot-free. The criticism is warranted (though I disagree with OSR and the others who want him permabanned). And as for BRTD, he gets a free pass since he's a forum insitution and our one and only Atlas Prophet (though paradoxically, one of the big reasons he even has over 100,000 posts is because of his inane threads/posts). Also I think you're overestimating his 'reputation,' he's fairly liked but enough posters are critical of him and he doesn't have the cult of personality Olawakandi has (btw Olawakandi also has an unfair reputation - his schtick is old, predictable and overrated, and it's about time his cult of personality found someone else).

EDIT: Although, regarding OC, I do admit he can sometimes be very funny. I just think he is overrated and sometimes the things he says aren't really as funny as they are old and predictable.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2022, 02:49:22 PM »

I don't really care about the 2016/2020 primaries anymore and the trans debate is stupid but I'll put in my two cents on what you said:

1. Even Peebs would tell you she knows she will always be biologically male and perceived as male. That is part of the trans experience. Do some idiots say that surgery or hormones erases your biological past? Sure. But that's why Twitter is bad for your brain and you should do what we did before social media became the cancer that it is: ignore the lunatics.

2. Bernie Sanders did not cost Hillary Clinton the election. This simply is not how elections work. The onus is on the candidate to prove that they would make the better president, because even most voters regard elections and politics as an afterthought at the end of the day. The election came down to two controversial people who had little appeal beyond their base. Clinton failed to do so and Trump was slightly disliked less in the states he flipped. Why not blame Donna Brazile for dumping millions of dollars in non-competitive states like Louisiana and Illinois just to pad Clinton's PV margin? That's not how the game is played and she should have known better. And don't get me started about RBG.

It's very ironic to cast supporters of a candidate as political amateurs when you have galaxy brain takes about who is to blame for Hillary Clinton's own loss. And somehow HRC herself is never given due credit.

Agree with the bolded. I recently wrote several long posts about this in a discussion with Joe Republican and don't feel like reiterating them, but I agree completely. Clinton's loss is entirely her own fault and it's unfair to finger-point at Bernie. Clinton should have run a better campaign. She is not entitled to anyone's vote or to the Democratic nomination and the notions that she is to either are ridiculous. Maybe Bernie should/could have been a better team player and dropped out earlier, but Clinton could still have won if she focused on the Midwest Trio. The onus was on her, not on Clinton.
kwabbit

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2022, 02:49:34 PM »

BRTD spams things nobody cares about constantly but it doesn't hurt his reputation.

Don't know about PSOL but the other two deserve their reputations. Runeghost can go too far sometimes, like when he compared the GOP to Nazis or the Taliban or something like that. Just because he's a red avatar instead of a blue one doesn't mean he should get away with that scot-free. The criticism is warranted (though I disagree with OSR and the others who want him permabanned). And as for BRTD, he gets a free pass since he's a forum insitution and our one and only Atlas Prophet (though paradoxically, one of the big reasons he even has over 100,000 posts is because of his inane threads/posts). Also I think you're overestimating his 'reputation,' he's fairly liked but enough posters are critical of him and he doesn't have the cult of personality Olawakandi has (btw Olawakandi also has an unfair reputation - his schtick is old, predictable and overrated, and it's about time his cult of personality found someone

OC has a cult of personality because most people think he is genuine, not because his posts are hilarious most of the time. That’s what makes the silly things funny, because he’s not trying to be funny or troll.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 02:52:44 PM »

Also, I can definitely attest to Joe Republic being a genuinely good person. I mean, if it weren't for him (and Nathan and Sanchez and countless other people), I wouldn't be alive today.

What happened? (If you don't mind sharing - if you do, that's obviously understandable as well.)

People thinking Santader, Bronz and Olekwandi are hilarious trolls instead of idiots flinging poop onto the board

Agree on Olawakandi (his schtick and cult of personality is old and overrated at this point, quite honestly). Disagree about Santander (a high-quality poster when he wants to be) and Bronz (he is hilarious).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 02:56:16 PM »

Don't know about PSOL but the other two deserve their reputations. Runeghost can go too far sometimes, like when he compared the GOP to Nazis or the Taliban or something like that. Just because he's a red avatar instead of a blue one doesn't mean he should get away with that scot-free. The criticism is warranted (though I disagree with OSR and the others who want him permabanned). And as for BRTD, he gets a free pass since he's a forum insitution and our one and only Atlas Prophet (though paradoxically, one of the big reasons he even has over 100,000 posts is because of his inane threads/posts). Also I think you're overestimating his 'reputation,' he's fairly liked but enough posters are critical of him and he doesn't have the cult of personality Olawakandi has (btw Olawakandi also has an unfair reputation - his schtick is old, predictable and overrated, and it's about time his cult of personality found someone

OC has a cult of personality because most people think he is genuine, not because his posts are hilarious most of the time. That’s what makes the silly things funny, because he’s not trying to be funny or troll.

Except he isn't. You can see from his posting history that as recently as a few years back his posts were mostly pretty coherant and regular. Others have speculated that after '278 freiwal' became a meme OC went off the rails. Whether that's true or not, the fact of the matter is he used to be a normal poster who now PURPOSELY writes incoherant posts because, for whatever reason, a lot of posters still find them funny. See his posting history if you don't believe me. Over the last few years he's gone from writing fairly coherant posts to writing utterly incoherant ones.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2022, 03:26:35 PM »

Also, I can definitely attest to Joe Republic being a genuinely good person. I mean, if it weren't for him (and Nathan and Sanchez and countless other people), I wouldn't be alive today.

What happened? (If you don't mind sharing - if you do, that's obviously understandable as well.)

In short, my mother OD'd and I was essentially left destitute and alone with no family to help me on account of my disabilities. Joe and other people started a fundraiser on my behalf. I chose to survive because I realized that not doing so would affect a lot of people.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2022, 04:09:20 PM »

In short, my mother OD'd and I was essentially left destitute and alone with no family to help me on account of my disabilities. Joe and other people started a fundraiser on my behalf. I chose to survive because I realized that not doing so would affect a lot of people.

There are any number of people that I would like more in person than I do online.  Joe DID, and he deserves props for that.

People are more than their politics.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2022, 05:43:22 PM »

I see. A very good and thoughtful thing of Joe Republic and the others to do indeed.
kwabbit

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2022, 06:14:33 PM »

Except he isn't. You can see from his posting history that as recently as a few years back his posts were mostly pretty coherant and regular. Others have speculated that after '278 freiwal' became a meme OC went off the rails. Whether that's true or not, the fact of the matter is he used to be a normal poster who now PURPOSELY writes incoherant posts because, for whatever reason, a lot of posters still find them funny. See his posting history if you don't believe me. Over the last few years he's gone from writing fairly coherant posts to writing utterly incoherant ones.

OC was never a normal poster. He had a reputation for having a screw loose even in 2006 when he was Quincy and his old posts are repetitive and odd. I can't determine why his posts have deteriorated in coherence, but it would be in line with possible advancing mental illness.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »

OC was never a normal poster. He had a reputation for having a screw loose even in 2006 when he was Quincy and his old posts are repetitive and odd. I can't determine why his posts have deteriorated in coherence, but it would be in line with possible advancing mental illness.

If this is at all true, I sincerely and profusely apologize. And yeah, his posts have always been a little erratic, but the honest truth is that they used to be usually pretty understandable, whereas now they're more or less incoherant. I suspect this is done jokingly because many posters find it amusing - but if you are right and this is genuinely his poting style, or the result of some type of mental illness, then I absolutely apologize and recant my previous statements.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2022, 11:42:24 PM »

ExtremeRepublican has a good reputation despite thinking LGBTQ+ people have a mental illness and that everyone not like him goes to hell (to the extent that Josef Mengele would but all the Jews he killed wouldn't).

(btw Olawakandi also has an unfair reputation - his schtick is old, predictable and overrated, and it's about time his cult of personality found someone else).

Are there any posters here you think get a bad rep but actually are pretty good people and/or posters?

There may be a place for airing your grievances against specific posters but it isn't here. Just sayin'.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2022, 12:50:40 AM »

(btw Olawakandi also has an unfair reputation - his schtick is old, predictable and overrated, and it's about time his cult of personality found someone else).

Are there any posters here you think get a bad rep but actually are pretty good people and/or posters?

There may be a place for airing your grievances against specific posters but it isn't here. Just sayin'.

Some people have unfairly good reputations. Although CentristRepublican should stop with his heresy.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2022, 01:52:28 AM »

Bronz
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2022, 04:31:03 AM »

Without excusing extreme Republicans rampant homophobia and this sanctimonious faux religiosity he bases it on, I don't believe for one instant he or any member of his congregation believes Josef Mengele went to heaven. Yes, he and his congregation almost certainly to a person believe that any Jew who dies Goes to Hell, but let's not meaninglessly exaggerate.

That's doesn't even make any sense since Jews don't believe in the concept of Hell and Heaven. As far as I know this exclusive concept is solely reserved to us Christians.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2022, 04:48:39 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2022, 04:52:28 AM by brucejoel99 »

Without excusing extreme Republicans rampant homophobia and this sanctimonious faux religiosity he bases it on, I don't believe for one instant he or any member of his congregation believes Josef Mengele went to heaven. Yes, he and his congregation almost certainly to a person believe that any Jew who dies Goes to Hell, but let's not meaninglessly exaggerate.

That's doesn't even make any sense since Jews don't believe in the concept of Hell and Heaven. As far as I know this exclusive concept is solely reserved to us Christians.

As a devout Jew, at least I'm willing to concede to ER's Evangelicalism that its interpretation of John 14:6 believes it to be clear as day that Christ is the only way to salvation, with anybody placing trust in anything else not inheriting eternal life. Of course, theologically speaking, it's simply not credible that Christianity traditionally & fundamentally believes that one goes to Hell just for being a non-believing non-Christian, but that's a different matter for a different board.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2022, 04:57:48 AM »

That's exactly what comes to my mind when I think of PUTP. She called homosexuality "anti-Islamic" and taunted the gay victims of Dresden, who got murdered by an Islamist. (She also accused the female victims of the infamous Cologne New Year's Day of lying and being far-right political activists; but that's another issue). And still she's the most popular Atlas user by far.

Sarah-Lee Heinrich, the chairwoman of the youth organization of the Greens, even justified the atrocities against the gay victims of Dresden and A Coruña committed by Islamists, claiming that "gay behavior" were provocative and the victims' death hence self-inflicted. And still the Greens are the most popular arty among Atlas users by far.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2022, 05:37:26 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2022, 04:16:00 PM by Middle-aged Europe »

Olawakandi is dadaistic and Dadaism is a form of art.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2022, 02:17:13 PM »

If Josef Mengele actually came to believe in Jesus's Suffering, Death, and Resurrection as the ONLY acceptable payment for sin and confessed that belief, then Josef Mengele would be Saved.  He would go to Heaven with the Lord.  Jesus Christ paid the price for the sin of ALL persons EVER, and that includes Josef Mengele. 

That's what Scripture says.  That's the deal for all, even the most vile.

Now it's not a matter of "Saying the Magic Words".  It's a matter of the Heart.  But is it not possible that Josef Mengele, having heard the Gospel, facing death and being unable to escape the enormity of his horrible deeds, would not be driven to God in desperation?  Would a man in Josef Mengele's position in the last days of his life be more open to seeing his need for a Savior, and coming to believe that Christ provided the only way?

I'm not saying that happened.  Only God knew the Heart of Josef Mengele at the point of his death.  The point of this is to emphasize that God made a way for ALL men, no matter how vile, to be Saved. 
"8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)  No one deserves Heaven, but God loved us ALL enough to provide the way.  That ALL can be Saved by Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ is the bottom line here. 

Josef Mengele is long dead, and his Spirtual Fate has long since been decided by God.  Some of you may be reading this and may be despondent about your life.  Whatever you, the reader have done, you are NOT beyond redemption.  This plan is for every human being living, period.  It does not get plainer than this.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2022, 02:52:22 PM »

Lol, he makes racially charged threads, he doesn't post news worthy threads like Betsy Johnson is gonna win the OR Gov race, or Student loan Discharge, he post polls about why do you feel D's are out of it like Tekken Guy, why do you feel that Defund the police is bad for D's and it's Rs that allow concealed weapons, the SCOTUS doesn't support a ban on concealed weapons
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2022, 02:57:23 PM »

That's exactly what comes to my mind when I think of PUTP. She called homosexuality "anti-Islamic" and taunted the gay victims of Dresden, who got murdered by an Islamist. (She also accused the female victims of the infamous Cologne New Year's Day of lying and being far-right political activists; but that's another issue). And still she's the most popular Atlas user by far.

Sarah-Lee Heinrich, the chairwoman of the youth organization of the Greens, even justified the atrocities against the gay victims of Dresden and A Coruña committed by Islamists, claiming that "gay behavior" were provocative and the victims' death hence self-inflicted. And still the Greens are the most popular arty among Atlas users by far.
lmao
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 02:57:30 PM »

James Monroe contributes a lot to the discussions.
He is definitely underrated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies