Kevin McCarthy vows to block Democrats from committees
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:50:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kevin McCarthy vows to block Democrats from committees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy vows to block Democrats from committees  (Read 1762 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 11:54:20 PM »

Let's just block Kevin McCarthy from being Speaker.  We already know he'll be ripped to shreds.  Two words: John Boehner.  Another two words: Paul Ryan.  Those guys were so much more skilled than the dopey McCarthy is.

He'll be ousted by the very nuts he is sucking up to.

Kevin McCarthy will never be Speaker. He will be cucked by the Freedom Caucus and the Clinically Insane Caucus. But I repeat myself.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57:42 PM »

Let's just block Kevin McCarthy from being Speaker.  We already know he'll be ripped to shreds.  Two words: John Boehner.  Another two words: Paul Ryan.  Those guys were so much more skilled than the dopey McCarthy is.

He'll be ousted by the very nuts he is sucking up to.

Kevin McCarthy will never be Speaker. He will be cucked by the Freedom Caucus and the Clinically Insane Caucus. But I repeat myself.

Why don't they just follow their hearts (it's definitely not their brains) and vote for MTG as Speaker?  I bet she'll run some kind of protest insurgency against the anointed McCarthy.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2021, 12:05:24 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2021, 12:16:59 AM by Roll Roons »

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Kevin McCarthy is the Michael Scott of Congress.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2021, 01:37:43 AM »

What if Biden Approcaks improval we are at at 4% Unemployment and Covid cases will drop, the D's have 300 days for a blue wave, D'sin TX and FL are optimistic and said so on MSNBC as soon as BBB is passed they will be saved since we have the booster shots and Unemployment is at 4%.

If Trump has this Unemployment he would be bragging

The Election is in 300 days and the Rs aren't guarenteed the Majority

I am confident once the first of the yr and Biden gives his SOTU speech Biden Approvals are gonna get very close to 50%

BBB and BINF have 58% Approvals by the American people
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2021, 02:33:25 AM »

MTG has embraced conspiracy theories and many of her followers are engaged in open threats against liberal members of Congress.

The Democrats have stripped no one who isn't guilty in some way of inciting violence.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2021, 02:52:54 AM »

Partisanship has no limits and is going to be unrestrained by any norms, frightening stuff.

That was true from the moment one of our political parties endorsed a failed coup. Nothing the Democrats can do is going to return normality to America. Only the voters can do that, by thoroughly rejecting the dangerous, anti-American fanatics of the GOP. (Not that I hold much optimism on that front.) The best the Democrats can do is ceaselessly call out Republican bad faith, and hold them responsible whenever possible. (Given that Donald Trump and other coup leaders walk free and are planning their next coup attempt, I don't have much optimism on that front, either.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2021, 03:35:15 AM »

McCauliff has a 15% approval rating here in Cali he's gonna cost Rs seats in Midterm in Cali he's not assured Speaker
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2021, 04:05:56 AM »

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Kevin McCarthy is the Michael Scott of Congress.
Lol. I see the comparison, after checking Wikipedia.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2021, 05:52:42 AM »

As Tim said, this was sure to backfire on Democrats.

Although Republicans were almost certainly likely to retaliate after either suspension, I would say Gosar's removal from committees set more of a precedent than MTG's, and will give Republicans the legitimacy they need.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2021, 05:54:39 AM »

Democrats were stupid to open this Pandora's box.
They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

Oh no, please not the "both sides" argument.

It may have been stupid from a political or tactical standpoint. However, the Democrats had very good reasons to remove MTG from committees. If two thirds of the House were sane, she would be expelled from the body.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2021, 06:31:39 AM »

No liberal tears here, lmao. If Republicans control the House, they can do whatever the Hell they want. It's not like being in the minority means anything. If they want to abolish the committee system, so be it. Democrats should fully support it. Suddenly, all of these incoming Republican Chairmen become almost literal rubber-stamps for the Majority. If Democrats do find themselves in the minority in 2023, they should boycott the committee system regardless.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2021, 07:47:35 AM »

This will strengthen the anti-seniority arguments in the Democratic House caucus, which is a good thing.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2021, 09:27:50 AM »

Oh man, I sooo hope he does this.

Imagine him blocking all these people for no reason.  He'll get ripped to shreds in the media for it and voters will swing back to the Democrats in time for 2024.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »

Imagine him blocking all these people for no reason.  He'll get ripped to shreds in the media for it and voters will swing back to the Democrats in time for 2024.

No one - not even in the media - is going to spend much time thinking about committee memberships.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »

Reminder: California could have prevented him from becoming speaker directly by repealing the neutral committee redistricting and gerrymandering a 54-0 map, but chose to take the high road unlike any state Republican party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

Reminder: California could have prevented him from becoming speaker directly by repealing the neutral committee redistricting and gerrymandering a 54-0 map, but chose to take the high road unlike any state Republican party.

Nunes, Issa and Garcia are gonna lose anyways it's preposterous that some think even in this Environment that the Rs are gonna keep all they're seats and Newsom is going against Elder again
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2021, 10:48:57 AM »

Ah yes, media stories specifically about the bad acts of Maxine Waters, Eric Swalwell, and the Squad. Sounds just like something that will make indys want to vote Democrat. Afterall, inciting a mob during an explosive trial and banging a chinese spy are so much more relatable to regular Americans than (gasp) sharing an anime meme.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2021, 11:37:40 AM »

Imagine him blocking all these people for no reason.  He'll get ripped to shreds in the media for it and voters will swing back to the Democrats in time for 2024.

Ah yes, media stories specifically about the bad acts of Maxine Waters, Eric Swalwell, and the Squad. Sounds just like something that will make indys want to vote Democrat. Afterall, inciting a mob during an explosive trial and banging a chinese spy are so much more relatable to regular Americans than (gasp) sharing an anime meme.

Idk bruh. Having sex with a literal spy is a chad move. Plus

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2021, 11:40:14 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2021, 11:45:13 AM by Roll Roons »

If McCarthy does this to people like Waters, Swalwell, Omar and Tlaib, no one will care besides hardcore partisans. What actually could backfire is if he tries to impeach Biden over something that’s perceived as insignificant.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »

Democrats were stupid to open this Pandora's box.
They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.

Oh no, please not the "both sides" argument.

It may have been stupid from a political or tactical standpoint. However, the Democrats had very good reasons to remove MTG from committees. If two thirds of the House were sane, she would be expelled from the body.
It was one thing to do it to MTG. I'm not saying stripping MTG of committee assignments is an inherently bad idea.
Doing it to Gosar was another kettle of fish. Democrats for sure ought to climb down on that, but there's no evidence they will.
Democrats are too quick to turn to messing with committee assignments, especially knowing what the other side might do with the precedent they are setting. Had they limited it to just MTG, then we wouldn't be here.
Do the Democrats know when to stop, for their own good? I don't doubt they have good intentions. But good intentions are near-omnipresent in politics. In some cases they slide into Knight Templar status. This is one of those cases.
The Dems aren't as bad as the GOP, but when they overstep like this, I feel I must speak out, because I expect better from them.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »

Hot take: Nobody would care in 2024. The GOP has done so many outrageous things in recent years, and never paid a major price for it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 12:41:25 PM »

Hot take: Nobody would care in 2024. The GOP has done so many outrageous things in recent years, and never paid a major price for it.

McCarthy isn't Speaker yet and Biden polls won't be 42 percent if he gets anywhere near 50 there the Speakership out the window, Pelosi said she prefer VR but D's can still win the H by winning Cal STS to offset R gains

Sir Muhammad love to be presumptuous and think Rs have the H in the bag along with Election Guy
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »

McCarthy isn't Speaker yet and Biden polls won't be 42 percent if he gets anywhere near 50 there the Speakership out the window, Pelosi said she prefer VR but D's can still win the H by winning Cal STS to offset R gains

Sir Muhammad love to be presumptuous and think Rs have the H in the bag along with Election Guy

The House is Likely or Safe R. Closer to safe. But thanks for the addition for my signature.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2021, 01:58:50 PM »

MTG has embraced conspiracy theories and many of her followers are engaged in open threats against liberal members of Congress.

The Democrats have stripped no one who isn't guilty in some way of inciting violence.

MTG has not incited violence, nor has Steve King.  Whatever you think of their views, that is not true.  People have the right to representation in Congress, and that means that they should not be denied all committee assignments simply because of their views.  Because if that's the case, there is little reason not to strip Omar, Tlaib, Pressley, and Schiff of their committee assignments.  (Pressley called actively for the unrest in the streets to continue; would it be OK for MTG to do this for right wing protests against COVID-19 lockdowns?  Maxine Waters HAS, indeed, incited confrontations of people in their private spaces in public places (e. g. restaurants).  Angry, threatening confrontations.  Is that fine and dandy?

There's media to back this up.  If MTG had actually "advocated violence", she'd have been already expelled from the House.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2021, 02:14:42 PM »

Beto , Ryan, DEMING'S can all win and create a blue wave with SPL voting they are 5/6 0ts down in the polls Biden will get to 50 percent by Election day it's a VBM Election throw out normal Midterm trends

2021 had lower turnout in NJ and VA because our H and Sen candidates weren't on 5he ballot we didn't have a full alright of Delegates running in VA and NJ that's why we overperform

This Delta Varient isn't like 2020 we're able to return to our normal lives with sports but they're paid 30 M a yr contracts we have no mass deaths with Nursing homes

This is Deltas not Full blown Covid that was brought I  by Latino immigrants, I have no symptoms of the flu any longer, like I had last yr, thanks to Vaccines

It's bold to predict a blue wave but McCarthy is at 15 percent and BOEHNER, Ryan and Hassert we're at 35, MTP invited those leaders other than McCarthy on, that's why McCarthy wont be Speaker

Beto has a much stronger shot than Hegar because he is a male, Ann Richards was the last SEN or Gov  D female, Huchinson came afterwards but she is a Conservative

DS have DEMING'S, Ryan and Beto that are better than Hegar, Greenfield and Cunningham
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies