Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:27:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344571 times)
fluffypanther19
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4975 on: November 02, 2021, 08:00:13 PM »

holy smokes this is a horrible night for dems. we need to get some new blood into this party pronto. tired of these establishment dems
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4976 on: November 02, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »

Something else that is obvious - young voters just didn't show up, and the electorate that did was pretty R.

McAuliffe still only winning 18-29 year olds by 7% in updated exit. That's just horrific for that age group for a Dem. Don't imagine young people actually like Youngkin, so just a matter of young Dems not showing up.
Would T-Mac probably have won in a 2022 midterm?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4977 on: November 02, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »

The fact that red avatars are denying that Democrats had pro-CRT messaging instead of thinking that maybe Democrats should actually speak out against CRT is telling.

Not all of us! If it doesn't exist as everyone keeps saying, nothing to lose by coming out against it! Simply nip the issue in the bud by saying "I absolutely do not support CRT and denounce it in the strongest terms possible. If it's being taught anywhere in this state, we should put a halt to that. I agree with my opponent completely."

This isn't rocket science.

Confirming an outright lie serves no purpose. If something isn't part of a curriculum why should Democrats lie and say it is? But I shouldn't even ask you considering how backwards your thinking is. You'd say Democrats should campaign on pardoning Derek Chauvin if you thought it was politically expedient.

You agree that the boogeyman would be bad if he was real. That's not the same as acknowledging the boogeyman is real. But it does serve to deflate your opponent's attempts to portray you as pro-boogeyman.

Again, not rocket science.

As for that last sentence, it's totally false and defamatory. But that said, Democrats frankly need more people like me who think in terms of what's "politically expedient" and pragmatic. Otherwise Republicans will just wipe us out over and over again.

It really isn't. You'd be out in the streets screaming "GEORGE FLOYD DESERVED IT" if you thought it was politically expedient. You just as much admitted it when you contradicted yourself with this.

But that said, Democrats frankly need more people like me who think in terms of what's "politically expedient" and pragmatic.

You are the white moderate that MLK talked about. Racist and bigoted as hell, but make excuses for it. That's why you get so offended. You've even accused me of attacking you when I never even mentioned your name in a post.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4978 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:01 PM »

Remember the just a few hours ago McAuliffe was secure because of 'muh turnout'?

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #4979 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:11 PM »

Hopefully Northam makes Virginia gov. elections on Presidential years if he wants to help his party.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #4980 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »

LOL.

CNN: Mayor of New York City - TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4981 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:22 PM »

It’s just not CRT but a backlash to the national dem agenda in general . VA while a blue state isn’t that blue like say OR

It's not like Republicans have anything to run on themselves other than "stop the libs!"
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4982 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:27 PM »

More than anything I'm most intrigued to see the final turnout numbers.

If it actually was 3 million or more than Youngkin clearly ran a very impressive campaign. If you had told me or anyone else that the turnout would be 3 million in this election I would've assumed that the Democrats would have had this in the bag.

I also agree with some others about how this race was driven more by economic concerns like high gas prices and supply chain issues than CRT. Even though the President doesn't have power to unilaterally fix  those things, voters always seem to blame the party in power when gas prices go up.
Buzz

« Reply #4983 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:51 PM »

I was told the Fox poll was Junk?

Also Trafalgar remains gold standard
Splash
United States

« Reply #4984 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:56 PM »

Since this thread is apparently for all elections tonight, in NJ-GOV, Cape May shows 100% reported with Murphy winning 53-46. He lost it in 2017 (53-45).

On second glance, I am not sure all the votes are in. The county is at about 10K reported but it was 29.5K in 2017.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #4985 on: November 02, 2021, 08:02:46 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2021, 08:06:39 PM by JGibson »

The outcome in Virginia tonight is nothing short of a disaster for Team Blue, and you can thank the RW scaremongering about "critical race theory", school operations being altered due to COVID protocols, and backlash to trans inclusion efforts for it. Also, the national environment (supply chain issues, gas prices) played a role.

Losing the Governor's race was a 50/50 proposition, but also likely losing the AG and Lt. Gov races and possibly control of the House of Delegates adds to the wounds. At least the Senate's still in Dem hands.  
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #4986 on: November 02, 2021, 08:02:52 PM »

I mean he's going to win but it still won't be by 8, that poll never made sense
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #4987 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:17 PM »

I'm watching New Jersey State Senate District 16 to see if former Congressman Mike Pappas who lost reelection in 1998 after his performance of "Twinkle Twinkle Kenneth Starr", can make a political comeback tonight and hold the seat for the Republicans.
PoliticsWatcher1
Rookie
« Reply #4988 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:22 PM »

Youngkin had the momentum, there were people who just didn’t want to accept it.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4989 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4990 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:46 PM »

Literally anyone else the Democrats would have ran would have won this.

It’s amazing that Clinton cronies can only win in Titanium D races and can’t even win in primaries unless swamped with outside dark billionaire money.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4991 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:57 PM »

I mean he's going to win but it still won't be by 8, that poll never made sense

Yeah. Likely to be in the 3-4 point range.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4992 on: November 02, 2021, 08:03:57 PM »

Democrats should have Chap Petersen if they wanted to win. He actually understood the pain of closed schools and the over woke racial issues. Not this bs Carrol Foy would have won.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #4993 on: November 02, 2021, 08:04:41 PM »

I don't think this isn't solely backlash to CRT but to overall wokeness taking over. We'll see if it dies does down which I think it does

Agreed. “Cancel culture” is more relevant here. It’s real, and is something a lot of people are sick of.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4994 on: November 02, 2021, 08:04:52 PM »

Something democrats don’t get is : Responding to the CRT debate by saying but it isn’t taught in public schools is ok if it isn’t then why are you guys getting so worked up by opposing candidates saying they will ban it . If it isn’t being taught than that ban shouldn’t change a thing right .

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4995 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:03 PM »

I don't think this isn't solely backlash to CRT but to overall wokeness taking over. We'll see if it dies does down which I think it does

Agreed. “Cancel culture” is more relevant here. It’s real, and is something a lot of people are sick of.

Thank you.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4996 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:13 PM »

Virginia can certainly be added to the states where we should take notice of their polls, as it doesn't appear they've done the state prior to compare to.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #4997 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:14 PM »

It’s just not CRT but a backlash to the national dem agenda in general . VA while a blue state isn’t that blue like say OR

not only do I disagree with this I would argue that terry mcauliffe could have won had the dems had passed their popular infrastructure bill much sooner
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4998 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:16 PM »

Probably not as decisive in this race as the media is desperate to make it look, but Democrats need to come up with a better rebuttal to the CRT panic.

"It's not being taught in public schools, you f'ing morons" sounds like a good response to me. At this point it's time to just start saying that Republicans are manufacturing lies to create panic.

This is honestly the right answer for everything. Republicans make s[inks]t up, and Democrats - being the party of pansies in the modern era - issue a press release or make some milquetoast statement along the lines of "this is not my position". Then the media says "both sides ?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯".

The world doesn't work this way anymore. Anytime the GOP throws some asinine, false claim at a Democratic candidate, said candidate needs to have a shock-and-awe moment in front of every camera in the universe for maximum saturation. Saying something like "Nobody supports that and the people saying so are f[inks]ing c[inks]k-sucking dips[inks]ts" will make headline news on a national level, saturate social media and actually take control of the narrative in every situation. But as long as the GOP gets away with this crap, they'll keep doing it (because it works).
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4999 on: November 02, 2021, 08:05:48 PM »

This really proves Republicans have literally nothing to fear from expanding voter access.   Virginia enacted AVR, expanded early in person voting and made absentee voting no excuse, along with a host of other initiatives (drop off locations, sunday voting, etc) and the Republicans still won without trouble.

The GOP's obsession with voter suppression is really pointless IMO.   It worked back in the Pre-Trump days, now it's useless for them.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies