Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:56:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347081 times)
roxas11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4900 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »

Democrats lost because the country is sick of covid restrictions, inflation and rising gas prices.

Biden should have done more about supply issues and gas prices. Democrats should have talked more about BBB.

The school board issue ended up a winning issue. CRT isn't taught in Virginia or anyone. But it goes with parent control. Parent control of masks

I dont buy it

In the new jersey election, Phil Murphy is just as tough when it comes to covid restrictions and he is not struggling to win at all
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4901 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:31 PM »

I told you that Spending bill isn't worth anything, Biden wants to give 450K to Immigrants instead of giving us another 1400
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4902 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:44 PM »

The fact that red avatars are denying that Democrats had pro-CRT messaging instead of thinking that maybe Democrats should actually speak out against CRT is telling.

Not all of us! If it doesn't exist as everyone keeps saying, nothing to lose by coming out against it! Simply nip the issue in the bud by saying "I absolutely do not support CRT and denounce it in the strongest terms possible. If it's being taught anywhere in this state, we should put a halt to that. I agree with my opponent completely."

This isn't rocket science.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #4903 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »

Congrats to Blue Avatars on your win, and for being right regarding the election fundementals. Democrats don't be too disheartned, Virginia is historicaly swingy and trifectas do have a way of making themselves unpopular. Think of it as a a wakeup-call that you need to change something going into the far more important mid-term elections in 2022.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4904 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »

Does T-Mac still have a slight chance? CA-21 2018 was initially called for Valadao but Cox narrowly ended up winning.

CA-21 was a race everyone had as Likely R and was just forgotten. This is the premier race of the night.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #4905 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:56 PM »

CityByTheValley
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -4.96

« Reply #4906 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:05 PM »

No better way for Youngkin to win than seeing Loudoun and Fairfax crown him. Dems need to stay away from the aggressive CRT messaging and embrace something more inclusive and appropriate for middle and high school kids. Could also see Asian parents (like 20% of the demographic here) revolting against making Thomas Jefferson, probably the best high school in the country academically, lottery based as opposed to merit centered. Although it’s pretty laughable to think a more leftist candidate would win VA at all; I could see the Republican winning Loudoun  and cracking 40% in Fairfax at that point. Abandoning the suburbanites would be a huge mistake because I can safely say the WWC is not going to come back if we leave the party.

Please point me to the Democratic Party's "aggressive CRT messaging." I'd love to see it.

Aggressive as in CRT is an aggressive attempt to solve racial issues or confront racism. I’m all for that as a majority of Americans probably are, but teaching kids about all of this white supremacy stuff in elementary school really appears terrible to parents. Democrats need to either rebrand CRT in a better way or reject it fully and go for an inclusive platform that makes White (and sometimes Asian) kids involved in the process and not treated  as pariahs. The issue may be out of control now, but Democrats let it get this way by not properly countering claims that left parents feeling like they were out of the conversation entirely.
kwabbit

« Reply #4907 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:14 PM »

It was always crazy for half the posters to predict a McAuliffe margin 5+ points to the left of the polls with literally no evidence to support that. Like the polls showed a Youngkin win, the environment was bad for Democrats, enthusiasm was seemingly on the GOP side, but people were still predicting McAuliffe +5 or more.
swf541

« Reply #4908 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:17 PM »

I told you that Spending bill isn't worth anything, Biden wants to give 450K to Immigrants instead of giving us another 1400

While Id normally ignore your post there is a point to be made here.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4909 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:23 PM »

I've seen enough, calling it for Youngkin. I really don't have any idea how TMac can pull it out. This should be a wake up call for the powers that be in the Democratic Party, but based on what I've seen, it won't be.

Of course it won't be. They've been trying the "orange man bad" strategy for the past 5 years in NH.

All they have to show for it are a 33-point loss and giving Sununu a trifecta.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4910 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:33 PM »

I say this as a democrat.

Democrats have to run on Kitchen table issues. Plain and simple.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4911 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:37 PM »

The fact that red avatars are denying that Democrats had pro-CRT messaging instead of thinking that maybe Democrats should actually speak out against CRT is telling.

I think dems should tone down some things but if people actually think thats CRT I have a bridge to sell them......

Are you two seriously arguing about "CRT" as if it's something that has a concrete definition?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4912 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:43 PM »

Hey guys I'm back what'd I miss
swf541

« Reply #4913 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »

It was always crazy for half the posters to predict a McAuliffe margin 5+ points to the left of the polls with literally no evidence to support that. Like the polls showed a Youngkin win, the environment was bad for Democrats, enthusiasm was seemingly on the GOP side, but people were still predicting McAuliffe +5 or more.

I based mine off the California polling issues, clearly it was a mistake lol
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #4914 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:59 PM »

No better way for Youngkin to win than seeing Loudoun and Fairfax crown him. Dems need to stay away from the aggressive CRT messaging and embrace something more inclusive and appropriate for middle and high school kids. Could also see Asian parents (like 20% of the demographic here) revolting against making Thomas Jefferson, probably the best high school in the country academically, lottery based as opposed to merit centered. Although it’s pretty laughable to think a more leftist candidate would win VA at all; I could see the Republican winning Loudoun  and cracking 40% in Fairfax at that point. Abandoning the suburbanites would be a huge mistake because I can safely say the WWC is not going to come back if we leave the party.

Please point me to the Democratic Party's "aggressive CRT messaging." I'd love to see it.

https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/louisville/news/2021/04/27/biden-100-days-race

That's not critical race theory, that's common sense. After you had a black man murdered by a white police officer on video there is no way that you can avoid addressing racism any longer. Much of the Republican whining over critical race theory really is just a cover for the fact that they can no longer truly pretend that racism isn't a problem.

Okay. It was less than a month ago that Bill de Blasio ended New York gifted and talented schools (or, tried to), because they weren't sufficiently enough for you. Is the Mayor of America's largest city Democratic enough for you? Terry McAuliffe said that Virginia's public schools needed to be made more diverse because they were too White. Is Terry McAuliffe Democratic enough for you?
PoliticsWatcher1
Rookie
« Reply #4915 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:02 PM »

I am so glad Youngkin is doing well!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #4916 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:05 PM »

Not all of us! If it doesn't exist as everyone keeps saying, nothing to lose by coming out against it! Simply nip the issue in the bud by saying "I absolutely do not support CRT and denounce it in the strongest terms possible. If it's being taught anywhere in this state, we should put a halt to that. I agree with my opponent completely."

This isn't rocket science.

Democratic strategists are too dumb to realize that, apparently.
iceman
United States

« Reply #4917 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:07 PM »

how is Non Swing Voter now?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4918 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:17 PM »

So for my Atlas peeps who were politically aware at the time (instead of being a dumb 15-year old who was more concerned with how skinny her jeans were...):

How does this compare to, say, Scott Brown's special election upset in Massachusetts? I do recall commentators heralding that as a pure rejection of Obama (as many will likely say this was a rejection of Biden).  
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4919 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:23 PM »

If some more of Fairfax comes in and not much proves to change, it can probably be rather safely assured Youngkin has won.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4920 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:39 PM »

In summary, Youngkin ran an excellent campaign while McAuliffe ran an awful one. Dems cannot control the narrative for the life of them... BTW I fully believe if the Dem party in Loudoun had their sh**t together TMAC would have won bc this CRT/anti-trans narrative wouldn't have spun out of control...

If this was just about campaign quality, then why are downballot R's doing close to as well as Youngkin?

Hint: It's because the entire democratic party and Joe Biden is unpopular because of inflation, Afghanistan, COVID, not getting anything done in Washington, and generally extreme social stances.

It fascinates me when I see Dems who think that running against Trump is the key to a durable, long-term majority. Reality is voters don't care about specific issues for that long; once Trump left office he stopped being a salient bugbear with people outside of diehard Dem partisans. Now they have to answer for the words and actions of President Biden and Congressional Democrats and those things will set the tone of the 2022 midterms.

The upshot for them is they still have a year until the midterm elections, and for the very reason I specified it is entirely possible for them to turn their fortunes around and do well there. But it will not be easy.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4921 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »

To be fair all the same could be said for Trump in 2020 as well and yet still plenty of blue avatars here were delusional about his chances. Hell, even some green and red avatars were dooming based on zero evidence.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4922 on: November 02, 2021, 07:51:52 PM »

I say this as a democrat.

Democrats have to run on Kitchen table issues. Plain and simple.
Gee I wonder who didn't think of that
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4923 on: November 02, 2021, 07:52:05 PM »

Does T-Mac still have a slight chance? CA-21 2018 was initially called for Valadao but Cox narrowly ended up winning.

CA-21 was a race everyone had as Likely R and was just forgotten. This is the premier race of the night.
The race was initially called for Valadao on election night. Early votes counted days later gave Cox the victory.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4924 on: November 02, 2021, 07:52:09 PM »

Probably not as decisive in this race as the media is desperate to make it look, but Democrats need to come up with a better rebuttal to the CRT panic.

"It's not being taught in public schools, you f'ing morons" sounds like a good response to me. At this point it's time to just start saying that Republicans are manufacturing lies to create panic.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies