Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:11:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 338736 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 02, 2021, 05:01:54 AM »

In other fall from grace news, we have Lee Carter.

After spending his political capital backing the biggest meme candidate of 2020, he's apparently burning his bridges with the local DSA (including his campaign manager from 2017). Apparently he got pissy over what he thought wasn't enough work for his priorities, and people criticizing his wife's DSA clone group/grift for doing nothing.

Now he's trying the Kennedy strat on them. He's spent the last few hours being terminally Online and  whining about DSA/Foy Bros or something like that. Really deranged stuff.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 06:11:16 AM »

In other fall from grace news, we have Lee Carter.

After spending his political capital backing the biggest meme candidate of 2020, he's apparently burning his bridges with the local DSA (including his campaign manager from 2017). Apparently he got pissy over what he thought wasn't enough work for his priorities, and people criticizing his wife's DSA clone group/grift for doing nothing.

Now he's trying the Kennedy strat on them. He's spent the last few hours being terminally Online and  whining about DSA/Foy Bros or something like that. Really deranged stuff.

I am terrified he will be the Democratic nominee for governor. And even if he is not, this is bad optics for the state Democratic Party.

His district is a reach seat for the GOP and keep in mind that Democrats only won Mayor of Manassas by a slim margin last November.

We need a candidate to primary lee carter now!

Dude is a joke lmao. He's not gonna break 10%.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:41:18 PM »

I know Lee Carter is a DSAer, but is there any reason beyond that that Atlas doesn't seem to like him much? I haven't really been following what he's been up to.

Lee Carter is terminally Online and would have probably gone down in 2018 if his primary opponent wasn't a Republican.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:20:23 AM »

Welp.

Lee Sharter has gone down. Let's hope that this is a sign of what's to come for Nina Turner in August, as well as for John Fetterman and The Squad in their primaries next year.

Silence, Republican!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 03:39:25 PM »

Also why did Ibraheem Samirah lose his primary?

From what I heard Samirah was not a constructive legislator. It was either his way or the highway, even on progressive issues.

He was one of the defectors on the bill eliminating qualified immunity because it didn't go far enough. I believe he did the same with the clean energy bill and tried to do it with marijuana legalization. Basically his constant sabotage was enough to piss off the VADP to where they refused to back him.

It's not like Shin is a moderate or anything. She just had a more constructive approach.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 02:27:34 PM »

Beyond parody. Maybe Carter was the right choice after all.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 11:30:03 PM »

Beyond parody. Maybe Carter was the right choice after all.

NARAL Virginia has gone off the deep end tbf.  They’re apparently refusing to describe pregnant women as “mothers” or “women” b/c “something something Evulz cisgender terminology.”

Right. The problem is, I don't think anyone particularly cares about what NARAL VA tweets.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 07:50:23 PM »

I've seen enough, calling it for Youngkin. I really don't have any idea how TMac can pull it out. This should be a wake up call for the powers that be in the Democratic Party, but based on what I've seen, it won't be.

Of course it won't be. They've been trying the "orange man bad" strategy for the past 5 years in NH.

All they have to show for it are a 33-point loss and giving Sununu a trifecta.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 08:06:33 PM »

Clintonism and cronyism are the cancers that are killing the Democratic Party and need to be cut out.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 09:33:41 PM »

How stupid are the people of the VADP!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 11:11:13 PM »

Let's see how Lee Carter is doi-

Oh.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 06:03:31 PM »

Personally I wish Susana good luck in this third leg of the race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies