Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:50:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 115
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 169453 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »

Fox News, Feb. 23-26, 1000 RV (1-month change)

Approve 47 (+2)
Disapprove 52 (-2)

This is Trump's best showing in this poll since the early months of his Presidency.

Economy Approval went down, though. First effect of coronavirus? I expect his approval to go down as well.

Economy Approval:
54 (-2)
42 (+4)

The Trump economy has always been a piper tiger. He inherited an objectively good economy and has done nothing to impact it.

Cutting taxes and raising deficit spending adding a Keynesian boost. It's a tragedy to boost the deficit when the economy's at full blast since we need to be able to borrow when we really need it, but it does have an effect.

That's how Populist Boomers roll! We spent like there is NO TOMORROW! We are going to spent all we want and we'll make Millennials pay for it, hahaha!  Sunglasses

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MLSP58Toplines.pdf
FEB 19-23, 2020
A/B
Marquette Law School
1,000   RV

WI
48/48   (Economy 56/41)

https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1575&context=survey_center_polls
FEB 19-25, 2020
B
University of New Hampshire
576   LV

NH
45/53  (Economy 57/38)

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6788733/FULL-RESULTS-Morning-Call-Muhlenberg-College.pdf
FEB 12-20, 2020
A+
Muhlenberg College
424   RV

PA
42/50 (Economy 58/34)

People love Trump Economy!  Love

The economy hasn't tanked yet.

But did you see what happened to the stock market indices last week? The DJIA topped off at 29K, and it is unlikely to be there again for a long time. A loss of one tenth of the valuation of securities is a usual sign of a recession. Five straight losses isn't definitive, but if I had some spare cash I wouldn't be buying into a stock market that has just shown a near-vertical slope.  90-day certificate of deposit which is good for getting about a 1% rate of return per year, which is better than not having the return of my money.  Only fools try to time the market. Why buy in at 25K when you might do so at 18K?

Price-earnings ratios are unusually high, and the inverted yield curve implies that a bunch of firms on life support will have the credit cut off... or have the plug pulled on their life support. Over-leveraged companies may find that there are no more cash infusions...  In essence, many accounts receivable will no longer be receivable.  A credit crunch implies that retailers will have to get more fussy about selling big-ticket stuff on credit, so consumer purchases plummet.

Or, to spoof the song "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

It's beginning to look like a depression/
Just like 'twenty-nine!
Big ticket things do not sell/
Nobody's doing well/
But Donald Trump thinks everything's just fine!

Every where you go!
When people can't pay the rent/
'Cause they're down to their last cent
all the bankers know!
All the bankers know!

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2020, 05:24:00 PM »

Fox News, Feb. 23-26, 1000 RV (1-month change)

Approve 47 (+2)
Disapprove 52 (-2)

This is Trump's best showing in this poll since the early months of his Presidency.

Economy Approval went down, though. First effect of coronavirus? I expect his approval to go down as well.

Economy Approval:
54 (-2)
42 (+4)

The Trump economy has always been a piper tiger. He inherited an objectively good economy and has done nothing to impact it.

Cutting taxes and raising deficit spending adding a Keynesian boost. It's a tragedy to boost the deficit when the economy's at full blast since we need to be able to borrow when we really need it, but it does have an effect.

That's how Populist Boomers roll! We spent like there is NO TOMORROW! We are going to spent all we want and we'll make Millennials pay for it, hahaha!  Sunglasses

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/MLSP58Toplines.pdf
FEB 19-23, 2020
A/B
Marquette Law School
1,000   RV

WI
48/48   (Economy 56/41)

https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1575&context=survey_center_polls
FEB 19-25, 2020
B
University of New Hampshire
576   LV

NH
45/53  (Economy 57/38)

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6788733/FULL-RESULTS-Morning-Call-Muhlenberg-College.pdf
FEB 12-20, 2020
A+
Muhlenberg College
424   RV

PA
42/50 (Economy 58/34)

People love Trump Economy!  Love

But did you see what happened to the stock market indices last week? The DJIA topped off at 29K, and it is unlikely to be there again for a long time. A loss of one tenth of the valuation of securities is a usual sign of a recession. Five straight losses isn't definitive, but if I had some spare cash I wouldn't be buying into a stock market that has just shown a near-vertical slope.  90-day certificate of deposit which is good for getting about a 1% rate of return per year, which is better than not having the return of my money.  Only fools try to time the market. Why buy in at 25K when you might do so at 18K?

Price-earnings ratios are unusually high, and the inverted yield curve implies that a bunch of firms on life support will have the credit cut off... or have the plug pulled on their life support. Over-leveraged companies may find that there are no more cash infusions...  In essence, many accounts receivable will no longer be receivable.  A credit crunch implies that retailers will have to get more fussy about selling big-ticket stuff on credit, so consumer purchases plummet.

Just like 'twenty-nine!
Nobody's doing well/

Every where you go!
all the bankers know!
All the bankers know!

As you said, "Only fools try to time the market."

So I'm definitely looking for possible bargains to buy as I'd already pulled some cash out of the market for other reasons before this. (A combination of harvesting tax losses at the end of last year and selling stuff that had grown larger than my preferred stake in any one stock.  Diversification is key to good investing.) Of course, I'll take into account short term effects, but so far there's no indication that this'll have any long term impact.  Obviously, I'm down YTD, but only 8%, which under the circumstances, is doing quite well.

I'm in no rush to buy, but I'm not going to let fears the market hasn't hit bottom deter me if I have reason to believe I'll make money long term. (Or even short term in dividend income as I mainly invest in value stocks, not growth stocks, so value stocks with solid dividends that have taken a hit are worth getting.)  I'd write some more, but I have some research to do before deciding on what to buy.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2020, 09:52:09 AM by pbrower2a »

But did you see what happened to the stock market indices last week? The DJIA topped off at 29K, and it is unlikely to be there again for a long time. A loss of one tenth of the valuation of securities is a usual sign of a recession. Five straight losses isn't definitive, but if I had some spare cash I wouldn't be buying into a stock market that has just shown a near-vertical slope.  90-day certificate of deposit which is good for getting about a 1% rate of return per year, which is better than not having the return of my money.  Only fools try to time the market. Why buy in at 25K when you might do so at 18K?

Price-earnings ratios are unusually high, and the inverted yield curve implies that a bunch of firms on life support will have the credit cut off... or have the plug pulled on their life support. Over-leveraged companies may find that there are no more cash infusions...  In essence, many accounts receivable will no longer be receivable.  A credit crunch implies that retailers will have to get more fussy about selling big-ticket stuff on credit, so consumer purchases plummet.

Just like 'twenty-nine!
Nobody's doing well/

Every where you go!
all the bankers know!
All the bankers know!

As you said, "Only fools try to time the market."

So I'm definitely looking for possible bargains to buy as I'd already pulled some cash out of the market for other reasons before this. (A combination of harvesting tax losses at the end of last year and selling stuff that had grown larger than my preferred stake in any one stock.  Diversification is key to good investing.) Of course, I'll take into account short term effects, but so far there's no indication that this'll have any long term impact.  Obviously, I'm down YTD, but only 8%, which under the circumstances, is doing quite well.

I'm in no rush to buy, but I'm not going to let fears the market hasn't hit bottom deter me if I have reason to believe I'll make money long term. (Or even short term in dividend income as I mainly invest in value stocks, not growth stocks, so value stocks with solid dividends that have taken a hit are worth getting.)  I'd write some more, but I have some research to do before deciding on what to buy.

I am not in the securities business, and if I were I would be untrustworthy. As would be necessary for me to keep getting paid I would be telling people at every stage of a bear market that "there has never been a better time to buy" until the market levels off at a reasonable level, at which time I would advise people that "there are plenty of eager buyers now, so you might as well sell now".

What you must beware of is the so-called sucker's rally, a miniature bull market within a more protracted bear market.

Whatever you do, do not invest in a sucker's rally. To be sure, things are not quite as they were in 1929, as the regulation of the financial industry is far stronger. In the event that Donald Trump has a recession destroying what little credibility he has as a leader, we will see him vanish from all relevance on January 21, 2021 with a President who sees himself with the responsibility to do radical reforms to make economic life better for all Americans -- but especially people who have been doing badly.

After the Crash of 1929 came an enticing semblance of recovery:

By April 1930 the markets had recovered to where they had been at the start of 1929, which would have made people quite happy had things stayed there. OK, so the craziness of the heady boom in stock prices was no more  -- but 1929 started off well enough, after all. By October 1930 the prices were as low as they had been at the bottom of the original crash. To put it in the most optimistic terms possible, there was still a huge down-side in securities valuation.

If you cannot take an 8% loss in valuation, you should not be in the stock market; you should be buying the ideal investment for unimaginative people -- life insurance if you want something around when retirement comes with the expectation of selling it off for an annuity when the time comes. If you want to save money for your kids' college education, then buy long-term certificates of deposit.

Return and risk have a strong correlation. Is it wise to take your money, pay the taxes on the gain, and hold onto what you have until things become safer? Maybe. Paying capital gains taxes on what you have may be wiser than facing a 56% reduction in valuation of your portfolio. That is the level of loss that investors experienced between 2007 and 2009, and that is far from impossible now.

In any event, you should never invest unless you recognize that (1) the stock market can go awry with a severe market meltdown, and (2) that when you sell out, you will pay taxes -- steep taxes -- on such gains as you have.

Buy and hold is ordinarily one of the easiest and safest strategies -- until the market collapses.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #728 on: March 01, 2020, 07:55:04 PM »

It’s still too early to see any effects of the virus on his approval. Most polls about him and the virus have him in good territory.

Citation needed.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #729 on: March 02, 2020, 05:15:57 AM »

Rs think Trump is gonna win WI, but Bernie is gonna win WI and secure 279 EC wall for President,  no matter what happens.  WI, PA and MI going R again, isnt happening
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #730 on: March 02, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2020, 10:17:38 AM by True Federalist »

rbower, I'm not buying the market. When I buy, I'll buy individual stocks.  (The only funds I own are a small amount in a smallcap ETF as its a sector of the market that I have neither the time nor the expertise to pick individual stocks but I want some exposure for diversification reasons, and my SIMPLE IRA which offers only funds as options and which I will get out of as soon as I leave my current job and can roll it over to my personal IRA.)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #731 on: March 02, 2020, 06:15:45 PM »

rbower, I'm not buying the market. When I buy, I'll buy individual stocks.  (The only funds I own are a small amount in a smallcap ETF as its a sector of the market that I have neither the time nor the expertise to pick individual stocks but I want some exposure for diversification reasons, and my SIMPLE IRA which offers only funds as options and which I will get out of as soon as I leave my current . and can roll it over to my personal IRA.)

It is hard to go wrong investing for quality. Still, even the best-managed company with excellent innovation, finances, and marketing will ride the market to some extent.

Big companies have life-cycles from start-up to death. Some go rapidly from birth to death due to misconduct of the management, and some that are very old (let us say DuPont) are at most 'mature' after 200 or more years. DuPont is the oldest big business in America, and it seems to be thriving. Companies in the initial stages are so risky that they have the usual perils of small businesses; a giant firm could crush them if it so desired. Besides, you would never know about them. If you have just graduated from college you might want to get involved in one of them. There are some very rich people who started out as janitors in Hewlett-Packard when it was selling stock to employees as an incentive. Some of those janitors never had the stuff to be anything else -- but they bought an excellent stock when it was new and nearly unknown.

Some companies have limited market potential. They may be profitable, but at some point they are not going to get more customers through any means other than territorial expansion. Example: a strip club. Such businesses are not stock companies.

"Prime" is where one wants to be. Innovation is strong, and the finances are getting solid. Marketing is effective. What else could you want? Having bought in earlier? Think of how much better my life could be if I knew what the winning number were on the Super-Duper Megabucks Lotto and had bet on the number.

OK:

Prime is the optimal position on the lifecycle, where the organization finally achieves a balance between control and flexibility. Prime is actually not a single point on the lifecycle curve. Instead, it is best represented by a segment of the curve that includes both growing and aging conditions. This is because flexibility and self-control are incompatible and there is no stable equilibrium. Sometimes the Prime organization is more flexible than controllable, and sometimes it's not flexible enough.

These are the characteristics of an organization in Prime:

The organization is guided by the vision of its reason for being. There is a clear purpose and people know what they will do, and will not do, "they walk their talk".

The company operates in a focused, energized and predictable manner.
Stretch goals are set, aligned and consistently achieved.

There is an enterprise-wide focus on customers and earning their long-term satisfaction. There is a high degree of customer loyalty. At the same time, the organization knows when and how to say "no" to the market. It is disciplined enough to protect itself.

Priorities are clear. The organization knows what to do, and what not to do. It enjoys a certain composure and peace of mind when making tough decisions.

The entrepreneurial spirit is fully institutionalized. Evidence of organizational fertility abound. This creativity repeatedly produces controlled, profitable innovation.

Organizational structures work well. Opposing forces are balanced. There is alignment between vision, strategy, structure, information, resource allocation and rewards. A company in Prime is continuously realigning these subsystems.

The infrastructure provides reliable support.

The governance process is institutionalized. People know and understand where and how decisions are made.

Decision-making is done is an environment of healthy, constructive conflict. Points of view are considered, but there are no hard feelings if one's recommendations are not heeded. Differences of opinion rarely deteriorate into personality clashes or turf wars.

There is intra- and inter-organizational integration and cohesion with clients, suppliers, investors, and the community. This internal cohesion enables the Prime organization to devote much of its energy externally.

People enjoy working at the company. Few willingly leave and there is a backlog of people applying for positions at all levels.

They embrace change. Prime companies work hard to adapt to changes in markets and technology so that they can gain share from weaker competitors.

They enjoy consistent, above average growth in both sales and profits.

What do you have to lose? Companies in this phase are in the best position in which to thrive after incompetent and decadent competitors get squeezed out in market meltdowns -- but even they can feel the heat.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #732 on: March 02, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »

Yahoo News/YouGov, Feb. 26-27, 1662 RV

Approve 44
Disapprove 55

Strongly approve 31
Strongly disaprove 48

GCB: D 51, R 40

Biden 50, Trump 41
Sanders 48, Trump 42
Warren 47, Trump 43
Buttigieg 46, Trump 43
Bloomberg 43, Trump 41
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #733 on: March 02, 2020, 11:28:10 PM »

So where do you not want to be?  At the fall is the peak of profitability, but the aging is setting in. A company is losing its innovative qualities. Its marketing is getting stale. A company in this state can look good to outsiders. 

The leaders of The Fall companies are starting to feel content and somewhat complacent. This attitude has been developing for some time. The company is strong, but it is starting to lose flexibility. It is at the top of its lifecycle curve, but it has expended nearly all of the "developmental momentum" it amassed during its growing stages. The rocket is slowing down and starting to change direction and head down the lifecycle curve. The organization suffers from an attitude that says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The company is losing the spirit of creativity, innovation, and the desire to change that brought it to Prime. It has sown the seeds of mediocrity. As the desire to change lessens, the organization mellows. There is less contention than in previous stages. More and more, people are adhering to precedence and relying on what has worked in the past. The company's dominant position in the marketplace has given it a sense of security. From time to time, creativity and a push for change surface, but such eruptions become less and less frequent. Order and predictability prevail. To avoid endangering success, people opt for conservative approaches.

The centers of power are gradually shifting. Corporate staff positions such as finance, accounting, HR, legal and risk management are gaining power at the expense of marketing, sales and production. Intuition and judgment play decreasing roles as facts, figures, and detailed analyses begin to rule the day. Sales continue to rise, but the revenues generated by new products that did not exist say, three years ago, are declining. Often these "new" products are not really breakthroughs. They are merely product enrichments more related to new packaging or bundling than innovation.

Slowly and subtly, the entrepreneurial spirit in the The Fall organization dwindles. The momentum of aging increases and the organization slides down into Aristocracy, the next phase of its lifecycle. This transition is subtle. Unlike the transitions in growing companies that are dramatic and obvious, the slide into deeper aging is more of a continuous process of gradual decay.

https://adizes.com/the-fall/

This might be a blue-chip stock  It is not on the verge of collapse; far from that, it is the sort of company that can retrench in a hard time and thrive after an economic meltdown in a stronger position because troubled competitors reach the final stage of DEATH as creditors pull the plug (no more credit infusions) or the company liquidates voluntarily or otherwise. But -- the edge is gone. Conformity becomes the norm. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #734 on: March 02, 2020, 11:42:51 PM »

As imagination dies, conformist behavior becomes the norm. A company is still profitable in aristocracy but it begins to resemble a cult.

As organizations enter Aristocracy they characteristically:

Are cash rich and have very strong financial statements.
Have reduced expectations for growth.
Demonstrate little interest in conquering new markets, technologies, and frontiers.
Focus on past achievements rather than future visions.
Are suspicious of change.
Reward those who do what they are told to do and punish those who do not.
Are interested in reducing their risks.
Invest much more on control systems, benefits, and facilities than they do on R & D.
Form dominates function in the organizational climate. More emphasis is placed on how things are done, than what was done.
Value uniformity, consistency and formality in dress, decorum, and behavior.
Employ individuals who are concerned about the company's vitality, but are willing to abide by a "don't make waves" operating motto.
Engender only negligible innovation with internal efforts.
Acquire other products or companies for new products, markets, and entrepreneurship to feed into their distribution channels and operating systems.
May be takeover targets themselves.

https://adizes.com/aristocracy/

As an investor you might see your company as a take-over target which will redeem your investment. After the takeover the acquisitor then starts stripping assets, and at that point you don't want to be an employee there anymore. This is the equivalent of programming "golden oldies" on a radio station; it takes little imagination. No expense seems to be spared to make the corporate boardroom 'plush'. Employee turnover is low, in part because they would generally be welcome nowhere else. Public utilities often get stuck there; public relations and government relations become more vital to profits than does innovation. What real innovation can be done with hydro-electric power?

This is at most a short-term investment unless one wants fixed dividends with little concern for their growth. Growth is at an end.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #735 on: March 03, 2020, 12:06:32 AM »

WhaThings start to go bad, and recrimination begins. Market share starts to shrink, and the image of the company begins to fade. I could see this in Montgomery-Ward around 1980. There were attempts to split the stores into specialty areas as boutiques. The firm often got the sobriquet "Monkey Ward". The problem was that even if the inner boutiques were sort-of-OK, Ward's generally low-end customers couldn't adjust, and the stores didn't attract better-heeled customers from competitors. Mobil bought it as a tax shelter while energy prices soared and, after getting the tax write-offs it wanted, spun it off. There were no potential buyers. Montgomery-Ward customers had largely gone to K-Mart or Wal*Mart.

Companies in such a phase of existence are infamously awful as places to work, even if one recognizes the bad wages or working conditions as a characteristic of the industry. As you can imagine, people find that they can get jobs in such places, but you can obviously recognize that people there are either short-timers looking for work elsewhere  or awful employees. People with talent are not going to stick around to ever give their employer a chance to use that talent to revive the company.

So  what really goes on?

The Witch Hunt

Everyone is busy trying to find out who caused the disaster. With blades drawn, it's backstabbing time in the boardroom. Like primitive tribes afflicted by extended drought or famine, there is a rush to appease the gods. The organization needs a sacrifice. Whom does it sacrifice? The fairest maiden, the finest warrior, or the cream of the crop? Typically, the management of a company in Recrimination sacrifices its most valuable and scarcest treasure.........the last vestiges of innovation and creativity. The company fires the EVP of Marketing, explaining, "We're in the wrong market with the wrong products and our advertising does not work." The heads of Strategic Planning, Business Development and Engineering are the next to find themselves on the street. "Our strategy does not work. Our acquisitions are not working. Our products and technology are obsolete." The people who get fired don't feel they are responsible for the company's situation. The Marketing VP often said that the company ought to change its direction. The strategist has an ulcer worrying about the lack of direction. Privately, these individuals complained, urged, begged, and threatened, but their efforts were like pushing wet spaghetti up a hill. Their exodus merely exacerbates the problem because these creative people are the individuals the organization needs most for survival.

https://adizes.com/recrimination/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2020, 09:46:56 AM »

Well, Dems are gonna rest easy, there was a fear that Bernie was gonna lose WI and make it hard on Dems in FL, to win the state. Bloomberg collapse, has resulted in a Biden surge. Its gonna be a Biden sweep except for Cali this Tuesday.

But, the gamble of calling an end to the Cuban embargo didnt pay off and Flavor Flav turned the Public Enemy concert into a nightmare concert, by dissing Bernie, that mostly Latinos showed up to anyways, not Blacks
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #737 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »

Well, Dems are gonna rest easy, there was a fear that Bernie was gonna lose WI and make it hard on Dems in FL, to win the state. Bloomberg collapse, has resulted in a Biden surge. Its gonna be a Biden sweep except for Cali this Tuesday.

But, the gamble of calling an end to the Cuban embargo didnt pay off and Flavor Flav turned the Public Enemy concert into a nightmare concert, by dissing Bernie, that mostly Latinos showed up to anyways, not Blacks
Couldn't have said it better myself.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #738 on: March 03, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »

IBD/TIPP, Feb. 20-29, 908 adults (1-month change)

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

This is Trump's lowest rating in this poll since November.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

Yeah his approvals are starting to tick down again. Incompetence during a potential crisis or actual crisis always tanks approval ratings.

But people shouldn't be fooled, in many ways his base is stronger than ever. If Democrats don't show up, they will lose.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #740 on: March 03, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

Aaaand here it comes.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #741 on: March 03, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

Aaaand here it comes.

It's almost as if his "surge" as cons liked to call it wasn't real and nothing but noise and usual fluctuation.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #742 on: March 03, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »

Gallup, Feb. 17-28, 1020 adults (2-week change)

Approve 47 (-2)
Disapprove 51 (+3)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #743 on: March 03, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

Yeah his approvals are starting to tick down again. Incompetence during a potential crisis or actual crisis always tanks approval ratings.

But people shouldn't be fooled, in many ways his base is stronger than ever. If Democrats don't show up, they will lose.

The problem is timing. Something like this could sink him closer to November, but won't even be remembered by that time due to it occurring now. It's partly why he won in 2016. The Access Hollywood tape would have ended him if it was released a week or so before the election that year, but instead we got Clinton's emails in national headlines at that point.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: March 03, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »

VA just came in for Biden, VA isnt in play for Trump in Nov, and he loses VA, again, he win lose this time, GE
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #745 on: March 03, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »

Virginia hasn't voted for a populist nominee, Left or Right, for President since FDR.

[quote author=GeorgiaModerate link=topic=361619.msg7214771#msg7214771 date=1583260596

Approve 41 (-3)
Disapprove 54 (+3)

He's not winning with those numbers.

Gallup, Feb. 17-28, 1020 adults (2-week change)

Approve 47 (-2)
Disapprove 51 (+3)

It looks as if the lift from the whitewash victory on impeachment is no more.

If anyone has noticed, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is down 9.2% over three months; President Trump, who has claimed to own the boon of high securities prices while President when they go up will  own the slide when the prices go down. Obama was leery of claiming credit for the market while he was President. Obama was wise to avoid taking credit for it; he let others see such a boon without having to brag about it. Obama is more wise than humble; Trump is neither.

A run-up in securities is usually the last act of a bull market about to go bear.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: March 03, 2020, 09:25:05 PM »

Well, Congressional Dems can rest in FL, Biden is gonna be nominee
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2020, 08:01:20 AM »

Georgia: UGA, Feb. 24-March 2, 1117 LV

Approve 54
Disapprove 46

Strongly approve 38
Strongly disapprove 39

Trump 51, Biden 43
Trump 52, Sanders 41
Trump 40, Bloomberg 42
Trump 52, Warren 42

I don't doubt that Trump is popular/ahead here, but this seems a little too favorable for him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #748 on: March 04, 2020, 08:29:12 AM »

Georgia: UGA, Feb. 24-March 2, 1117 LV

Approve 54
Disapprove 46

Strongly approve 38
Strongly disapprove 39

Trump 51, Biden 43
Trump 52, Sanders 41
Trump 40, Bloomberg 42
Trump 52, Warren 42

I don't doubt that Trump is popular/ahead here, but this seems a little too favorable for him.

Yea, this seems off.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #749 on: March 04, 2020, 10:06:09 AM »

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, March 1-3, 1500 adults including 1134 RV

Adults:

Approve 41 (-1)
Disapprove 48 (-2)

Strongly approve 24 (-1)
Strongly disapprove 40 (-1)

RV:

Approve 44 (nc)
Disapprove 53 (nc)

Strongly approve 29 (nc)
Strongly disapprove 46 (nc)

2020 (RV only): Generic D 48 (+1), Trump 40 (nc)

GCB (RV only): D 51 (+3), R 38 (-2)

Interesting movement in the GCB when everything else was fairly stable.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 115  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies