2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:50:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42
Author Topic: 2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose  (Read 73752 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 14, 2020, 11:29:52 AM »
« edited: April 14, 2020, 01:10:14 PM by wbrocks67 »

You just hate to see it...

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #751 on: April 14, 2020, 12:36:05 PM »

Since the OHPI monthly poll dropped its Presidential numbers today, we are likely to see the Senate numbers in the coming days. Given Biden's likely exaggerated 9-point lead, the topline number is sure to look disastrous for McSally.

Republicans probably need a game-changer to salvage this race, especially with Dems on offense in AZ-06.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #752 on: April 14, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »

Looks like Dems are leaving Bollier and Cunningham out and targeting AZ, CO, ME and MT. Cunningham has not been seen during this coronavirus and there is no internal polls done on KS. Regardless, that gives Dems the majority after losing AL as excepted
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #753 on: April 14, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »

Looks like Dems are leaving Bollier and Cunningham out and targeting AZ, CO, ME and MT. Cunningham has not been seen during this coronavirus and there is no internal polls done on KS. Regardless, that gives Dems the majority after losing AL as excepted

Cunningham just announced today he raised $4.4 million. He's clearly still in this
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #754 on: April 15, 2020, 09:43:53 AM »

Cunningham just announced today he raised $4.4 million. He's clearly still in this

If anything, Cunningham is at least slightly favored although I still have it at tilt D pending more polling.  The pre-coronavirus polling was already consistently terrible for Tillis IIRC.  This reminds me a bit of the 2008 NC Senate race tbh.  A relatively unknown Democrat running against a weak Republican after bigger-name contenders passed in a race most believe to be Lean R despite the evidence suggesting that the Democrat is favored.  Tbh, I could see Cunningham winning by a larger than expected margin (albeit obviously not as much as Hagan did).  

Side note: The Dems should really make some attack ads using the clip of Tillis saying restaurant workers shouldn't be required to wash their hands.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #755 on: April 15, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »

It's also stunning that this was during the McSally "liberal hack!" fiasco, which clearly backfired on her and revved up Kelly's base even more
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #756 on: April 15, 2020, 10:52:45 AM »

Ouch @ MAGA Martha

Mark Kelly (D) 51%
Martha McSally (R-inc) 42%

https://ohpredictive.com/press-releases/markkelly_marthamcsally_senate2020/
Lognog
United States

« Reply #757 on: April 15, 2020, 07:56:10 PM »

If this poll is accurate, at what point is Biden riding on Kelly's coattails
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #758 on: April 15, 2020, 10:50:17 PM »

Wasn't this the poll that was the most favorable to McSally in 2018? If she's trailing this badly, then what does that tell us about her prospects? At this point, Arizona seems like it's almost a guaranteed flip for Democrats, like Colorado is. It is still early, and McSally could turn her fortunes around, but she has much work ahead of her.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #759 on: April 16, 2020, 01:50:52 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2020, 11:34:46 AM by Joshua »

Wasn't this the poll that was the most favorable to McSally in 2018? If she's trailing this badly, then what does that tell us about her prospects? At this point, Arizona seems like it's almost a guaranteed flip for Democrats, like Colorado is. It is still early, and McSally could turn her fortunes around, but she has much work ahead of her.

OHPI had McSally leading Sinema a few days prior to the election.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #760 on: April 16, 2020, 05:21:57 AM »

Yep, a OHPI poll on Nov 1, 2018, had McSally winning by 7

https://sonoranalliance.com/poll-mcsally-maintains-lead-over-sinema/
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #761 on: April 16, 2020, 06:42:24 AM »

I was baffled they appointed her & surely there must be someone better in Arizona considering it's such a heavily republican state
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #762 on: April 16, 2020, 07:06:57 AM »

I was baffled they appointed her & surely there must be someone better in Arizona considering it's such a heavily republican state

The theory is that she got appointed specifically to lose, which would allow Ducey to run in 2022 without handing power immediately over to the democratic SoS.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #763 on: April 16, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »

McSally was ahead in the polls and was within the margin of error before the Pandemic,  but once the Pandemic began, Latinos
heavily went towards Mark Kelly, went from 3 to 10 points. The Rs had intentions on winning this race since no R has been elected Prez without carrying AZ
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2020, 07:11:53 AM »

The theory is that she got appointed specifically to lose, which would allow Ducey to run in 2022 without handing power immediately over to the democratic SoS.

The hilarous outcome of course is either her winning or Kelly winning and then beating Ducey.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #765 on: April 16, 2020, 09:01:45 AM »

The hilarous outcome of course is either her winning or Kelly winning and then beating Ducey.

Kelly is in trouble in 2022 if Biden wins.
tagimaucia

« Reply #766 on: April 16, 2020, 09:47:33 AM »

McSally was ahead in the polls and was within the margin of error before the Pandemic,  but once the Pandemic began, Latinos
heavily went towards Mark Kelly, went from 3 to 10 points. The Rs had intentions on winning this race since no R has been elected Prez without carrying AZ

Huh? Within the margin of error maybe, but as far as I can tell, McSally hasn’t lead a poll since... last May.

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #767 on: April 17, 2020, 01:35:28 AM »

Kelly is in trouble in 2022 if Biden wins.

Yeah, especially, and here lies the irony, if democrats take back the Senate as that would probably assure that a lot of progressive legislations would be enacted into laws, which in turn could result in a backlash in Arizona
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2020, 05:43:44 AM »

Even worse for MAGA Martha, Sinema's approval is sky-high. She has a 64/27 favorable right now.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »

Even worse for MAGA Martha, Sinema's approval is sky-high. She has a 64/27 favorable right now.

If Sinema maintains this, she will have no problems winning reelection next time, especially as Arizona will be more Democratic by then.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »

I imagine Sinema will win reelection pretty handily, especially if the number of ticket splitters decrease. She's up in a presidential year (2024) and Arizona will vote Democrat at the presidential level then (if not 2020, which I expect to happen anyways.)
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2020, 11:30:30 AM »

I imagine Sinema will win reelection pretty handily, especially if the number of ticket splitters decrease. She's up in a presidential year (2024) and Arizona will vote Democrat at the presidential level then (if not 2020, which I expect to happen anyways.)

If AZ continues going the way its going, she'd probably be more vulnerable in a primary than a general (and even that is unlikely).
Upstater
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -4.00

P P
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »

If AZ continues going the way its going, she'd probably be more vulnerable in a primary than a general (and even that is unlikely).
What are the chances that Gallego tries to primary Sinema in 2024?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »

I kinda feel like Sinema will slowly become more progressive as her state becomes more progressive. She used to be more leftie but as a senator, she had to be moderate to win, and she wants to stick to her word, at least for a while. I think she'll become more like Micheal Bennet by 2024 and less like a Manchin
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »

I kinda feel like Sinema will slowly become more progressive as her state becomes more progressive. She used to be more leftie but as a senator, she had to be moderate to win, and she wants to stick to her word, at least for a while. I think she'll become more like Micheal Bennet by 2024 and less like a Manchin

That's called the Gillibrand Plyabook.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies