2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42]
Author Topic: 2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose  (Read 72350 times)
AZDem
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: October 30, 2020, 12:50:05 PM »
« edited: October 30, 2020, 01:36:06 PM by AZDem »

Martha McSally has easily had the most embarrassing Senate career in my lifetime. She was a loser from the beginning, and will likely be the first person in US history (correct me if I'm wrong) to lose both of her state's Senate seats to the other party within two years.

What's remarkable is that she was slated to be a big rising star in the Republican party, and now it's all crashing down.

That's insane! I don't live in her district but heard about her when she ran for congress and I have always found her to be a bit of a dullard. Of course in the GOP, that's a plus, not a minus.

We watched part of the the debate with Kelly and she kept referring to him as Counterfeit Kelly throughout and it was downright cringeworthy. Her performance was worse than the one debate I saw between her and Sinema.

She also has this weird habit of talking fast and will just stop pronouncing her words towards the end of whatever nonsensical and non-topical rant she's on so all that comes out of her mouth is gibberish.

She's so bad and unpopular here that I wouldn't be surprised if the race is called on election night.  
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1026 on: October 30, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »

McSally's behavior is embarrassing even for most Trump sycophants. She acts more like a Trump rally attendee than a politician (even a Republican one).
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1027 on: November 10, 2020, 06:17:07 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2020, 11:36:38 AM by VARepublican »

Mark Kelly/Arizona is the Democrats' brightest spot in 2020. McSally would've almost certainly defeated Generic D/Gallego/Stanton in this environment (Downballot Republicans outrunning Trump across the country). Yes, she is incompetent and an awful candidate, but Chip Roy of all people won by 7 points this year.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1028 on: November 10, 2020, 06:21:41 AM »

Mark Kelly is the Democrats' brightest spot in 2020. McSally would've almost certainly defeated Generic D/Gallego/Stanton in this environment (Downballot Republicans outrunning Trump across the country). Yes, she is incompetent and an awful candidate, but Chip Roy of all people won by 7 points this year.

See, stuff like this is truly astonishing to me.

> Ds had $$$
> Biden at the top of the ticket
> Chip Roy is a terrible candidate

Like WTF happened? Roy should not have been able to win by 7 points.

Meanwhile, yes, I guess this just proves what we already knew - McSally was a truly god awful candidate, b/c even though Kelly was a great recruit, if McSally wasn't so horrible, there's a chance Kelly might've lost.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies