2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:02:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42
Author Topic: 2020 AZ Senate Megathread: Kelly's Race to Lose  (Read 74549 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: January 09, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »

Simplest answer--She is an idiot.  It's a pretty common affliction in the GOP

Yeah because insulting tens of millions of people just because of their partisan affiliation is very clever, if there is a idiot here your are probably the one.

Republicans: Those liberal Californians and New Yorkers are scumbag elitists and a scourge on this nation.

"Just campaign strategy people, gotta appeal to the #WWC."

Someone: suggest the party full of climate deniers and that uses "The brown people are coming!" as a main tactic isn't the sharpest bunch of knives.

"This is highly offensive and defamatory to tens of millions! When will the divisiveness end?"

Neither me nor the vast majority of Republicans on this forum are insulting Democratic posters because of their partisan affiliation, thus some respect from the other side would be appropriate.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #676 on: January 09, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »

Yeah because insulting tens of millions of people just because of their partisan affiliation is very clever, if there is a idiot here your you're are probably the one.

If you are going to call someone an idiot then you should check your spelling first.

That’s due to my IPhone corrector, I have a French version so sometimes a word I write is automatically corrected in another one, but yeah I know that you’re =/= your. Still my point stands, don’t insult without any reason other people just because of their partisan affiliation
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #677 on: January 09, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »

I mean, the Republican strategy seems to be embracing Trump 100% in the hopes of driving up turnout and getting all of Trump's support. Given that she's been running behind Trump in recent polls, that might not be all that terrible of a strategy.

This right here.

Pretty common school of thought among Republicans (probably also including their own political elites) is that they had losses in 2018 because they failed to turn out their base. Pretty easy to see how you could make an argument like this in Arizona (the argument is wrong but you can see how it makes sense).

Simplest answer--She is an idiot.  It's a pretty common affliction in the GOP

Yeah because insulting tens of millions of people just because of their partisan affiliation is very clever, if there is a idiot here your you're are probably the one.

If you are going to call someone an idiot then you should check your spelling first.

🙄
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #678 on: January 09, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »

10 months before the general, it doesn't really matter how she's campaigning. Voters have the memory of a goldfish.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #679 on: January 10, 2020, 01:15:04 AM »

Yeah because insulting tens of millions of people just because of their partisan affiliation is very clever, if there is a idiot here your are probably the one.

Republicans: Those liberal Californians and New Yorkers are scumbag elitists and a scourge on this nation.

"Just campaign strategy people, gotta appeal to the #WWC."

Someone: suggest the party full of climate deniers and that uses "The brown people are coming!" as a main tactic isn't the sharpest bunch of knives.

"This is highly offensive and defamatory to tens of millions! When will the divisiveness end?"

Neither me nor the vast majority of Republicans on this forum are insulting Democratic posters because of their partisan affiliation, thus some respect from the other side would be appropriate.

We demand respect! *bombs children*

That's never how politics has worked anyway. And if your party is literally in favor of letting people discriminate against me (I'm gay so that's an unambiguous yes), I don't feel very respected myself. But the good news is a lifetime of bullying by conservatives has made me pretty resistant to insults (way worse than "idiot") and my recommendation for you here is to relax and get over it.

I don't know what this forum's weird fetishization of civility is about, but there is never and has never been anything civil about politics, and if you don't agree with me go ask any gay person how "civilly" their government treated them in Biden's postulated golden age of civility (the 70s and 80s). Good grief
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #680 on: January 10, 2020, 02:10:36 AM »

I doubt McSally is terribly worried about her primary, but this is 2020 and Trump voters across Arizona won’t be in much of a mood to vote for a Republican candidate who isn’t 100% Trumpy and she can’t win without those voters. So a base-turnout strategy likely makes more sense to her in the context of running concurrent to the most up-and-down-the-ballot nationally polarised presidential election in recent memory.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »

The fact is... her race will be an uphill battle. She didn't even crack 48% of the vote in 2018 and 2020 will likely bring out more hispanic voters and younger voters. When you consider the fact that Angela Green won 2.5% as the Green Party candidate in 2018, McSally would have likely lost by 4%+ if she wasn't on the ballot.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #682 on: January 12, 2020, 07:40:10 AM »

Governor Ducey chose her to run so she can lose, this way he can run for the seat himself in 2022.
If Trump is reelected, Ducey has a better shot in 2024 than in 2022

If Trump is re-elected he probably pulls McSally over the line with him. Meanwhile 2024 is more likely than not a Democratic year regardless of 2020.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #683 on: January 12, 2020, 10:09:03 AM »

The really embarrassing part is that, as of my writing, that post has received fifteen likes. Cringeworthy.

Seventeen now. But this is Atlas, dominated by people who are ardent political partisans and personally despise those who don't agree with them ideologically.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2020, 12:50:46 PM »

The really embarrassing part is that, as of my writing, that post has received fifteen likes. Cringeworthy.

Seventeen now. But this is Atlas, dominated by people who are ardent political partisans and personally despise those who don't agree with them ideologically.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Especially when you consider that most republicans on this forum are generally respectful toward people from other political parties, it's not like if Atlas republicans were hardcore Trumpists calling every liberal a ''snowflake''.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2020, 01:32:03 PM »

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Especially when you consider that most republicans on this forum are generally respectful toward people from other political parties, it's not like if Atlas republicans were hardcore Trumpists calling every liberal a ''snowflake''.

While there are still a handful of "uncommon" Rs around here and even a few IRL, as the old adage goes, "If the shoe fits...don't wear it on your head because it makes you look stupid".
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »

Trump is gonna win AZ, Kelly will win by the same margin as Sinema
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #687 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »

Welp...

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #688 on: January 16, 2020, 10:32:42 AM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #689 on: January 16, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »

A part of me tells me that she doesn’t expect herself to be re-elected. She is doing the exact opposite of what she should be doing to win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #690 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

She's being a mess right now. I agree with PA is Lean D... it's like she's trying to NOT get re-elected

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #691 on: January 16, 2020, 10:44:47 AM »

and now she's really doubling down on this. wow

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #692 on: January 16, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »

While there are still a handful of "uncommon" Rs around here and even a few IRL, as the old adage goes, "If the shoe fits...don't wear it on your head because it makes you look stupid".

The average Republican is more likely to be college educated than the average Dem. Just sayin.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #693 on: January 16, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »

Welp...

This is smart. I agree with MT Treasurer here. To win, she needs to win more Trump voters (if she'd stayed even with Trump approvals in 2018 she would have won 50-48). Being more Trumpian probably works well for her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #694 on: January 16, 2020, 11:34:06 AM »

At least she's showing her true colors and dropping the charade of being "moderate" and "reasonable."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #695 on: January 16, 2020, 11:53:09 AM »

Welp...

This is smart. I agree with MT Treasurer here. To win, she needs to win more Trump voters (if she'd stayed even with Trump approvals in 2018 she would have won 50-48). Being more Trumpian probably works well for her.

Sure, but it appears Trump's approval is now underwater in AZ, so I mean I guess it's the *best* course for her, but still not an ultimate winning course.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #696 on: January 16, 2020, 11:56:29 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2020, 10:28:21 PM by PA is Lean D »

Welp...

She already tied herself to trump in her first campaign and she still lost. Arizona is heavy with McCain Republicans and they will screw over any Trump Republican the party nominates.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #697 on: January 16, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »

At least she's showing her true colors and dropping the charade of being "moderate" and "reasonable."

I said this elsewhere, but this very same reporter has a picture on his Twitter profile of himself with McSally's predecessor, the late John McCain. I find this to be ironic, and emblematic of the lows to which many Republicans have descended. McSally is desperately trying to rally Trumpists behind her, but in a state like Arizona, which is experiencing demographic change and is not the most friendly to Trump, that strategy isn't going to work. I'm actively rooting for Mark Kelly now.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #698 on: January 16, 2020, 04:21:03 PM »

She is a politician.

She is trying to appeal to Trumpists.

She is a horrible candidate.

I really believe that Ducey appointed her as a sabotage, so when she loses to Mark Kelly in November, he runs for the Senate seat in 2022 or he tries to mold one of his confidantes to run.

She is DefSec material, not legislative material.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #699 on: January 16, 2020, 05:28:23 PM »

This race was over before it got started, if Dems win AZ, all they need is ME and another state to solidify their majority: GA, AL, KS, TX, WV etc
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies