Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:45:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141648 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: November 10, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »

Wish me luck...I'm going to California for a few days next weekend.  Any guesses on how long it takes me to trigger the locals?

If you're triggering locals, it's only because you mentioned cheap gas prices and good roads.

Hmm, good roads ... always assumed they were a myth.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »

Moving to Key Largo and registering as a Republican is harassing moderates on uselectionatlas.org?

I'll be in Key Largo for a wedding the first weekend in February!  Never been before.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »

Moving to Key Largo and registering as a Republican is harassing moderates on uselectionatlas.org?

I'll be in Key Largo for a wedding the first weekend in February!  Never been before.

You guys should meet up, lol.

Haha, as with most of the people on this forum that I find myself "arguing" with, I'm sure I'd get along just fine with almost anyone here in real life.  If you like to laugh and drink beer, that's like 80% of the battle right there!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »

First conversation on one of those apps (where you meet people), and I am running headlong into the fact that I don’t know how to play dumb and exciting to an audience of potentially libertinous strangers. I am considering calling this entire endeavor a mistake. All I wanted to do tonight was start reading a book I bought.

Probably won't make you any more excited about the whole idea, but I met my current girlfriend on two of those apps (matched with her on both Bumble and Tinder).  Kind of funny, as both of us had just gotten those apps, and I don't think either of us checked them that often.  Keep the faith. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »

Seconded! And I hope your boyfriend hasn't forgotten your birthday; that'd be absolutely awful. Sad He better be planning you something special!

Thanks! Smiley
Also... he did forget. Ouch. I wrote something like "nice" in 11 am and he went "oh happy birthday" as if nothing happen. Obviously, I reacted very coldly to that and made sure he knows I'm very disappointed, not just because of yesterday but because of the past two months. Luckily he asked me if I want to talk about it today, so it appears that he cares at least a little bit.

Sad  That sucks.  Hope things work out for the better, one way or another!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:19:44 AM »

Was a complete nerd in class yesterday, when I enthusiastically answered “1848, the Springrime of the Peoples!”

Always pictured you as one to never, ever raise your hand but always know the answer, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »

If all goes well I'm going to be not posting on Atlas anymore.
Any particular reason why?

Yeah? Idk why people treat this as some place for losers that you should get rid of once your life is decent. I feel like my life is fairly good and I don't see a reason to stop posting here, this place lets me talk about politics without bothering people and enriches my knowledge of the intricacies of American politics.

Amen.  Things are going well for me right now, and I have always taken pride in not being someone who brings up divisive topics like politics in real life.  Sorry, but it's just bad taste.  This allows me to get MORE than my fill of politics and move on with other stuff. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 09:07:40 AM »

Stuck in a boring motel room for the weekend. Anybody got some Netflix recommendations?

Dark.

Heard that's really good if you can get past the subtitles.  Probably not the best for being alone in a motel room all weekend, but everybody should watch Black Mirror, too.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

Went for a routine check up and my doctor found dark spots on my skin that concerned him, he biopsied it and we're waiting for results, but he thinks it's cancerous but says it's not too big a deal. I'm not too worried about it yet, but it was definitely a shock.

That sucks, I'm sorry. Sad  Fingers crossed for you, friend!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »

I am being crushed under a mountain of sleep debt. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't sleep. It's like my brain forgot how to turn itself off at night. I'm going to lose my mind if this keeps happening.

I'm a pretty bad sleeper myself. Sad  Some of my friends like Melatonin, but it gives me messed up dreams, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:41:02 PM »

Russian final tomorrow and I’ve done almost no preparation. Good thing I’m auditing the class! Mynreal finals are next week. Considering trying to score a date after that.

Edit: Eff it, I texted her.
Edit 2: She’s about it?

Thanks. Now that the days actually here I’m a bundle of nerves.

If you’re of age, perhaps drinking will help. Good luck! Smiley

Can confirm.  Had to Uber home from my first date with my now-girlfriend of 8+ months.  Didn't fill her in on that detail until about month 3, though. Smiley
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »

On that note: why are proms even things still?

To single out and humiliate "uncool kids".

This is all ... rather cynical, haha...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »

I love sports, but it seems like my favorite team(s) in every sport have been losing and losing for the past week or two.  This needs to end!

Week or two?!  God, you're lucky.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »

I'm planning on asking a girl out on Friday. Even if she says yes, I have no clue what to do for a first date.

Wish me luck, Atlas Peeps. I'll need it.

Good luck!  Are you planning to ask her to lunch/dinner/coffee or to hang out?  I'd suggest a public(ish) activity for the first date until you guys get to know each other better.  My current girlfriend (going on 9 months and moving in together somewhat soon) and I went on our first date just for a beer at a relatively low key place, second date was appetizers on a patio and the third date was a movie at her place.  I think it made for a good mix/pace!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »

i may be in the mountains somewhere in new hampshire from wednesday to sunday.so if i'm gone that's why

Be careful ... angry mountain women?!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »

Tinder girl hasn’t sent me a message since Monday. I didn’t really notice on Tuesday what with the election, but goddammit.

I hate that goddamn app.

Hey man, I met my current girl friend of 10 months on Tinder (and a few days later Bumble) after about 10-15 conversations that went absolutely nowhere and two "first dates" that were duds.  The night is darkest before the dawn and all. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »

This afternoon, at around 4:30, our family made the decision to take my grandmother Betsy off of life support. Alongside her cancer, she also had a serious blood infection which caused most of her organs to fail. After removing life support, she continued to breathe and have a pulse for another hour and then slipped away. She was surrounded by friends and family, felt no pain when she passed, and went out the way she would have wanted - quiet and dignified. I'll miss her; she was truly a force of nature. Please keep my family in your prayers.
Sad to hear. Prayers + condolences to you and family.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »

He hasn't mentioned it on this thread, but I was traveling this weekend through IA and I had a nice lunch with RINO Tom.

Yep, it was really nice meeting you, muon2!  I now, more than ever, default to muon2's political views on issues I haven't made up my mind yet on, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »

Having a mild existential crisis because I have to leave a decent job, friends, and a girlfriend behind to finish college and get depressed again

Sucks to have to choose like that. :/  Hopefully everything works out for you, and you have to do what's best for you sometimes!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »

I feel at odds with the Democratic Party, mostly on economic issues.

I still support most Democrats for the midterms, but not all (Bob Hugin is my main man).

Did you not think this would be the case...?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »

Always forget that I'm easily in the oldest third of Atlas users (26).  Enjoy the time you're living!  It's a fun time and you can never go back, but there are much more fun times ahead.  Trust me when I say your views on various things and attitudes about even more things will change, as hard as it is to believe!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 03:12:23 PM »

Happy to announce that Atlas just officially gained another lawyer! Passed the IL bar as of yesterday.

Congrats!

Yeah, that is awesome!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 09:32:06 AM »

So as posted in PAPOY, I spent my day in DC visiting various Senate offices. There was a lot of love from some offices, we had lunch with Rand Paul's staffers, who gave us an opportunity to meet him, and we got to have a meeting with Tim Kaine's Chief of Staff to discuss our concerns as residents of Virginia. 

It's a shame protesters couldn't be bothered to behave more like humans, and less like animals. Such as when one of the guys in our group was punched by a protester (she was arrested, and he plans to press charges), and another group of protesters that blocked our path to Jeff Flake's office and screaming "Traitors to women, traitors to history, traitors to humanity".

When liberals get their finest together for a protest, they are NOT bringing their best, LOL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies