Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 07:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142433 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 12, 2018, 10:06:05 AM »

My doctor said that he's not certain I have cancer but that the least risky choice is to assume I do until proven otherwise. If it is indeed cancer it's stage 1 and "perfectly curable" via a surgery, so I'll be fine regardless. Might just have to take roughly the entire month of July off the forum due to disaster relief, my surgery, student government stuff for my college, and an actual vacation, which I haven't had since this time last year.

The worst part is that I told my boss and she didn't give condolences, choosing to say instead that my travel (which I can still do, and will, since I've already paid for all of it) and my surgery will force her to hire someone in my place while I'm gone. She was adamant how "inconvenient" that was for her, as if having literal effing cancer wasn't inconvenient for me.

Employers are sociopaths. Sorry you have to have this experience so early in an already traumatizing state Sad And there is no need to rationalize vacation. You take everything they give you. Never back down. The time belongs to you. I hope all goes smoothly. Maybe find someone with any inkling of compassion when things improve.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1401 on: June 12, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »

My doctor said that he's not certain I have cancer but that the least risky choice is to assume I do until proven otherwise. If it is indeed cancer it's stage 1 and "perfectly curable" via a surgery, so I'll be fine regardless. Might just have to take roughly the entire month of July off the forum due to disaster relief, my surgery, student government stuff for my college, and an actual vacation, which I haven't had since this time last year.

The worst part is that I told my boss and she didn't give condolences, choosing to say instead that my travel (which I can still do, and will, since I've already paid for all of it) and my surgery will force her to hire someone in my place while I'm gone. She was adamant how "inconvenient" that was for her, as if having literal effing cancer wasn't inconvenient for me.

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out with this. And yes, your boss sounds like an asshole. I wonder if any emotions come easy for her.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1402 on: June 12, 2018, 11:02:39 AM »

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out with this. And yes, your boss sounds like an asshole. I wonder if any emotions come easy for her.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1403 on: June 12, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1404 on: June 12, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

Got to hear Ed Royce speak today. He’s actually a pretty cool guy. What was most surprising to me was that he said he was attempting to halt the withdrawal from the Iran Deal. He also spoke about his and others’ efforts to convince African leaders to establish more national parks modeled on the US’s system, which I found really interesting.

Friendly guy and a good House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair from what I can tell.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1405 on: June 13, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »

you know what's hilarious? old bitter people are always giving me looks for being upbeat in public lmao

Everywhere I go I make sure to smile and sound upbeat because these old ass people who are always angry and aggressive because THEY made irresponsible and stupid decisions in their life that brought them to their present condition think no one else should be happy and it pisses them off so much when I act upbeat, because I'm not going to suffer for their irresponsible behavior lol
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1406 on: June 13, 2018, 02:32:15 PM »

I think I have a hip bursitis.

For roughly a week or so, my hip has been aching a lot. I first thought it was my back, but after taking painkillers the last few days, the pain went away from the spine and is now more localized on the busae.

I need to check this with my doctor tomorrow. This is strange, because I never had a problem so far with my spine or hip. Maybe I'm getting old ... Tongue
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1407 on: June 13, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »

Tinder girl hasn’t sent me a message since Monday. I didn’t really notice on Tuesday what with the election, but goddammit.

I hate that goddamn app.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1408 on: June 13, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »

I've been working on Banjo-Tooie since Friday, and just finished* it tonight. I fully expect to sit on my ass for the next two months wondering what to play next.
*Well, there's still Canary Mary's rematch, but it's too hard, so I decided not to actually do it.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1409 on: June 14, 2018, 06:03:35 AM »

Ugh, this is disgusting. Really hoping you'll be fine, you're awesome! Smiley

Tinder girl hasn’t sent me a message since Monday. I didn’t really notice on Tuesday what with the election, but goddammit.

I hate that goddamn app.

Yeah, real life is much better for these things. Don't sweat it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1410 on: June 14, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »

I hate that goddamn app.

You and me both, bud. Tongue

CWL, God bless you, hope everything goes well with your operation.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1411 on: June 14, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »

I hate that goddamn app.

Hey man, I met my current girl friend of 10 months on Tinder (and a few days later Bumble) after about 10-15 conversations that went absolutely nowhere and two "first dates" that were duds.  The night is darkest before the dawn and all. Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1412 on: June 14, 2018, 02:40:30 PM »

Finally joined the SNP.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #1413 on: June 14, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »

Last day of high school was today! I still have a week of senior activities though, and graduation is a week from today.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1414 on: June 15, 2018, 03:11:45 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2018, 01:30:49 PM by Badger »

My first time posting in this thread, but this was too cool to pass up. For visiting my sister-in-law and her husband in the DC area where they both have jobs with the military. My sister's husband has a pretty awesome job where he reports directly to the Head of J5 on The Joint Chiefs of Staff which base was charged of developments in Latin America. Anywho, we're visiting their new home in Arlington which is really awesome and we are literally about 10 yards away from their neighbor's house which is, no kidding, where Aldrich Ames lived and did all his spy work from during the 80s. She's happy that she finally mentioned this to someone who is geeky enough about history to know who and what that means, and I of course have a forum of similar Geeks that I couldn't wait to share that information with!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1415 on: June 16, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »

you know what's hilarious? old bitter people are always giving me looks for being upbeat in public lmao

Everywhere I go I make sure to smile and sound upbeat because these old ass people who are always angry and aggressive because THEY made irresponsible and stupid decisions in their life that brought them to their present condition think no one else should be happy and it pisses them off so much when I act upbeat, because I'm not going to suffer for their irresponsible behavior lol

People hate happy geese.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1416 on: June 16, 2018, 01:40:56 PM »

Roommate and his 90 pound girlfriend do a ton of a coke. Roommate and 90 pound girlfriend get into a fight. Roommate kicks out 90 pound girlfriend. 90 pound girlfriend then pounds on the door for two solid hours until 4:30 AM. Rooommate's 90 pound girl girlfriend then decides to throw months old rotten eggs she found in a bush at our door and window. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then texts me threatening to "finks up all your shinks." Roomate's 90 pound girlfriend gets blocked on Sanchez's phone. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then adds Sanchez on Snap and threatens to kick his ass. Roommate's 90 pound girlfriend finally empties our trashbags all over the front steps and leaves. Sanchez tired. Sanchez goes to sleep and wakes up at noon. Sanchez spend rainy afternoon wiping rotten egg off the door and puking into the neighbor's bushes. Sanchez out of marijuana. Sanchez is pissed.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1417 on: June 16, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »

Dad gets to go on vacation to Spain for two weeks, this leaves me as the sole driver in the house, but it is one less person carping about something in the house.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1418 on: June 17, 2018, 06:19:15 PM »

Went clothes shopping with my folks since I'm having my senior picture taken on Wednesday. If I ever wear men's clothing again (well, besides what I wear on a day-to-day basis), it'll be too soon.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1419 on: June 17, 2018, 08:43:38 PM »

my stomach is in a state of armed rebellion Sad

(armed with candy and meatloaf)
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #1420 on: June 17, 2018, 08:49:09 PM »

Roommate and his 90 pound girlfriend do a ton of a coke. Roommate and 90 pound girlfriend get into a fight. Roommate kicks out 90 pound girlfriend. 90 pound girlfriend then pounds on the door for two solid hours until 4:30 AM. Rooommate's 90 pound girl girlfriend then decides to throw months old rotten eggs she found in a bush at our door and window. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then texts me threatening to "finks up all your shinks." Roomate's 90 pound girlfriend gets blocked on Sanchez's phone. Roommates 90 pound girlfriend then adds Sanchez on Snap and threatens to kick his ass. Roommate's 90 pound girlfriend finally empties our trashbags all over the front steps and leaves. Sanchez tired. Sanchez goes to sleep and wakes up at noon. Sanchez spend rainy afternoon wiping rotten egg off the door and puking into the neighbor's bushes. Sanchez out of marijuana. Sanchez is pissed.

Sounds like this Sanchez character needs a new roommate.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1421 on: June 17, 2018, 09:04:19 PM »

90 pounds and she's more motivated and in better shape than I am!  I should take up meth.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1422 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »

Checked off another state (I'm in Connecticut for the entire week for work):

(Green states are borderline cases where I have either had a layover or driven/passed through)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1423 on: June 18, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »

Well, summer has finally come and I'm back.

Among other things that happened, I've finally submitted and defended my dissertation prospectus, which means that starting next year I'll be working full-time on my dissertation.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1424 on: June 18, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »

Well, summer has finally come and I'm back.

Among other things that happened, I've finally submitted and defended my dissertation prospectus, which means that starting next year I'll be working full-time on my dissertation.

What will it be about?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies