Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:08:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142107 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 04, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »

My book got its first professional review and it's positive.

Nice, bro, where is it?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #451 on: January 05, 2018, 04:19:57 AM »

My book got its first professional review and it's positive.

Nice, bro, where is it?

Sent you a PM.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #452 on: January 05, 2018, 08:30:47 AM »

A question on a worksheet I have for school:

"You’ve just installed a new search engine on her laptop. Now whenever she searches the Internet, she gets several pop-up windows directing her to websites to buy products. What do type of security threat do you have?"

George, they're onto us.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #453 on: January 05, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

My dad might be buying a boat from a middle/lower tier Trump appointee in the Department of the Interior. Pretty interesting guy apparently.

My sincerest sympathies.  Boats are either a horrendous waste of money, a horrendous waste of time, or both.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #454 on: January 05, 2018, 08:22:02 PM »

My dad might be buying a boat from a middle/lower tier Trump appointee in the Department of the Interior. Pretty interesting guy apparently.

My sincerest sympathies.  Boats are either a horrendous waste of money, a horrendous waste of time, or both.
His last boat was destroyed in the Hurricane, and he somehow got it fixed (with all the drama that also entailed), sold it, and is already buying a new one. I have no interest in boats, boating, or ocean fishing. It's a bigger waste of money, time, and energy than I could possibly ever desire.

I grew up on the side of the Intracoastal Waterway (the mainland side, unfortunately, but to quote Aunt Sarah, "I can see Al Haig's mansion from my house!") so boating has always been a fixture of my dads. No idea what is so fun about slowly cruising up a river having to wave at other white middle class people slowly cruising up a river, nor what is so great about going through the exceedingly rocky and dangerous Boynton Inlet to get thrashed around in a fiberglass boat on the Atlantic while my dad pretends to know what the hell he's doing. He ought to just stick to his restored 1960's semi-trucks and leave the boating to the younger yuppy types Tongue
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2018, 09:12:19 AM »

His last boat was destroyed in the Hurricane, and he somehow got it fixed (with all the drama that also entailed), sold it, and is already buying a new one. I have no interest in boats, boating, or ocean fishing. It's a bigger waste of money, time, and energy than I could possibly ever desire.

I grew up on the side of the Intracoastal Waterway (the mainland side, unfortunately, but to quote Aunt Sarah, "I can see Al Haig's mansion from my house!") so boating has always been a fixture of my dads. No idea what is so fun about slowly cruising up a river having to wave at other white middle class people slowly cruising up a river, nor what is so great about going through the exceedingly rocky and dangerous Boynton Inlet to get thrashed around in a fiberglass boat on the Atlantic while my dad pretends to know what the hell he's doing. He ought to just stick to his restored 1960's semi-trucks and leave the boating to the younger yuppy types Tongue

At least he is having fun, albeit rather expensive fun.  Just so long as doesn't start using a National Geographic Map to plan an excursion to the Bahamas, he should be okay.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »

The iconic Bookmine burned down over the break. I'm terribly saddened ☹️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallahassee.com/amp/953443001
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »

My grandma's last remaining sister just passed away. She's now the sole survivor out of 10 kids.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »

My grandma's last remaining sister just passed away. She's now the sole survivor out of 10 kids.

Condolences. My grandma also outlived her four brothers by quite a lot.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »

I'm sorry, man, is she doing ok?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2018, 07:43:23 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 07:44:57 PM by Scott🌲 »

My mom wants to buy a handgun for protection and I don't know how to tell her that I'm far more likely to kill myself if we have one on us and I get into one of my fatalistic episodes.  And I've been having more of those a lot lately.

I should probably be admitted somewhere, but our car's broke down and I don't know any place to go where I won't a) have to take a piss test b) be treated like I'm a deranged lunatic because that's what wards do to people.

I just don't know what to do at this point.  I'm afraid of myself now.  I feel like I'm losing control of everything and delaying the inevitable, and enduring all the consequences for it.

I might need to take a break from... everything.  I just want to sleep the pain away.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »

Scott, you matter so much to us - you're a all around great guy! Even though it feels you're losing control and are in what feels like an inescapably endless rut, you still have a whole community here that values and cares for you. We love you man, please don't do anything you'll regret Sad
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2018, 04:31:14 AM »

Dinosaurs is already a pretty good show, but it's infinitely more entertaining when you watch it at 4:00 in the morning.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #463 on: January 09, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »

I think I just really needed to rest for a couple days.  I feel a little better now, and I managed to talk to my mom about this gun thing.  She understood but still wants to own a long gun for protection against wildlife if we move to a remote area.  They're safer to have than handguns, so I said I would be all right with it.

Shortly before I went to sleep a couple nights ago, I experienced what was probably one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had in my life.  At that moment I had never been so devoid of the will to survive before.  I wasn't on any drugs.  I just lied in my bed and prayed... and felt the warmest, most loving embrace I have ever known in my life.  Then I slept, and slept for the next two days.

Scott, you matter so much to us - you're a all around great guy! Even though it feels you're losing control and are in what feels like an inescapably endless rut, you still have a whole community here that values and cares for you. We love you man, please don't do anything you'll regret Sad

Thank you, Sanchez.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #464 on: January 09, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »

Just came back from a full day trip to grandma's hometown in the Świętokrzyskie Mountains for her last remaining sister's funeral.

Świętokrzyskie is a lovely area.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2018, 06:20:16 PM »

I just tried to invent a Latin word for mirror, and I have it narrowed down to: imito speculum or imago speculum. For the record, the reason I am doing so is because I want a new word for the “mirror test” for species. Any preferences between the two or other ideas?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #466 on: January 09, 2018, 07:07:12 PM »

I just tried to invent a Latin word for mirror, and I have it narrowed down to: imito speculum or imago speculum. For the record, the reason I am doing so is because I want a new word for the “mirror test” for species. Any preferences between the two or other ideas?

Whats wrong with the old Latin word for mirror, which is just plain speculum? Why are you trying to reinvent the rota?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2018, 04:02:04 AM »

Currently at home for a few days because I have the flu.

And it's quite bad this time (but slowly getting better with the anti-biotics I'm taking right now).

I blame the sh*tty weather outside, which is absurd and unnatural for a January (extremely warm with 5-10°C, foggy and raining).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:46 AM »

Currently at home for a few days because I have the flu.

And it's quite bad this time (but slowly getting better with the anti-biotics I'm taking right now).

I blame the sh*tty weather outside, which is absurd and unnatural for a January (extremely warm with 5-10°C, foggy and raining).

Yes, I'm still recovering from my flu, and the weather here is just scandalous as well.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #469 on: January 10, 2018, 12:09:16 PM »

Why is PNM addicted to harassing moderates on here
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #470 on: January 10, 2018, 12:19:24 PM »

Moving to Key Largo and registering as a Republican is harassing moderates on uselectionatlas.org?

I'll be in Key Largo for a wedding the first weekend in February!  Never been before.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #471 on: January 10, 2018, 12:59:22 PM »

Moving to Key Largo and registering as a Republican is harassing moderates on uselectionatlas.org?

Pssh, it is if you're moving just to bolster your troll persona credentials Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #472 on: January 10, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »

I'll be in Key Largo for a wedding the first weekend in February!  Never been before.

You guys should meet up, lol.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #473 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »

Haha, as with most of the people on this forum that I find myself "arguing" with, I'm sure I'd get along just fine with almost anyone here in real life.  If you like to laugh and drink beer, that's like 80% of the battle right there!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #474 on: January 10, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »

Haha, as with most of the people on this forum that I find myself "arguing" with, I'm sure I'd get along just fine with almost anyone here in real life.  If you like to laugh and drink beer, that's like 80% of the battle right there!

Indeed. I got along fine with all the Bernie supporters in Philadelphia during the DNC, even Snowstalker!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies