Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142125 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: June 27, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »

Well fellas, this is something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while.

Those of you who are on the discord will "know" that I hail from Westchester County. I put the quote marks around know because I don't actually live in Westchester.

You see, when I set up my atlas account, me and my family were visiting some of my dads old friends from when he lived in New York (he lived there before 2002, and believe it or not he said one of the reasons he moved to Canada was because he couldn't stand George Bush). So, I set my avatar to D-NY, meaning to change it when we got home, but I just never got around to it. Then, after having my avatar as D-NY for months, I decided to just roll with the story that I lived in Westchester, because why not?

So yeah, I don't actually live in Westchester (sorry to disappoint you Spenstar, but hey, least now you know why I turned down those Jimmy Fallon tickets you offered). I live in Canada, in a place called Mississauga, which is split about 60-40 between White Canadians and Immigrants. It's a very important place politically, and we get A LOT of media attention and visits during election campaigns.

Just a note, with Kennedy retiring, I have never been more glad to NOT live in America. Tongue

Congratulations on getting the hell outtah here.  How difficult was it to achieve Canadian citizenship?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1501 on: June 27, 2018, 06:17:33 PM »

Those of you who are on the discord will "know" that I hail from Westchester County. I put the quote marks around know because I don't actually live in Westchester.

You see, when I set up my atlas account, me and my family were visiting some of my dads old friends from when he lived in New York (he lived there before 2002, and believe it or not he said one of the reasons he moved to Canada was because he couldn't stand George Bush). So, I set my avatar to D-NY, meaning to change it when we got home, but I just never got around to it. Then, after having my avatar as D-NY for months, I decided to just roll with the story that I lived in Westchester, because why not?

So yeah, I don't actually live in Westchester (sorry to disappoint you Spenstar, but hey, least now you know why I turned down those Jimmy Fallon tickets you offered). I live in Canada, in a place called Mississauga, which is split about 60-40 between White Canadians and Immigrants. It's a very important place politically, and we get A LOT of media attention and visits during election campaigns.

Just a note, with Kennedy retiring, I have never been more glad to NOT live in America. Tongue

booooooooooo liar boooo Ben Konop go run for atlas poster somewhere else boooooooo

-

I also have something I need to get off my chest. When I joined, I wished to obfuscate my details a little bit, so I chose the name Virginia C. But later on when I felt more comfortable, I no longer wished to do that, but I had then realized I couldn't change my name. So it is with sadness that I reveal that my name is not actually Virginia C. It is Virginia K.

I'm so sorry Sad

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1502 on: June 27, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »

booooooooooo liar boooo Ben Konop go run for atlas poster somewhere else boooooooo

-

I also have something I need to get off my chest. When I joined, I wished to obfuscate my details a little bit, so I chose the name Virginia C. But later on when I felt more comfortable, I no longer wished to do that, but I had then realized I couldn't change my name. So it is with sadness that I reveal that my name is not actually Virginia C. It is Virginia K.

I'm so sorry Sad

Классик Slavs! Angry
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1503 on: June 27, 2018, 07:06:50 PM »

My thoughts go out to your grandma, TCG,
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1504 on: June 27, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »

I know this is usually non-political, but this retirement is what I have been waiting for ever since I knew who Kennedy was and that he was the swing vote temporarily saving Roe v. Wade.  I can just taste the victory, and I will cry tears of joy uncontrollably when the unborn are once again protected.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #1505 on: June 27, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »

This afternoon, at around 4:30, our family made the decision to take my grandmother Betsy off of life support. Alongside her cancer, she also had a serious blood infection which caused most of her organs to fail. After removing life support, she continued to breathe and have a pulse for another hour and then slipped away. She was surrounded by friends and family, felt no pain when she passed, and went out the way she would have wanted - quiet and dignified. I'll miss her; she was truly a force of nature. Please keep my family in your prayers.
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1506 on: June 27, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »

All these people getting stuff off their chest and I just wish I had something (two things, really) on my chest. Tongue
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1507 on: June 27, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »

I know this is usually non-political, but this retirement is what I have been waiting for ever since I knew who Kennedy was and that he was the swing vote temporarily saving Roe v. Wade.  I can just taste the victory, and I will cry tears of joy uncontrollably when the unborn are once again protected.

jw, do u support overturning Obergefell too?

I hope Roe v. Wade is overturned as well. Just not Obergefell.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #1508 on: June 27, 2018, 11:04:27 PM »

As a side note, I'll also be going to London for the first time tomorrow on a six week study abroad program. It was the last thing my grandmother and I ever talked about, and she was quite excited that I'm going to be doing this. Hopefully that'll relieve some of the guilt I have about doing this trip right after her passing.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1509 on: June 27, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »

This afternoon, at around 4:30, our family made the decision to take my grandmother Betsy off of life support. Alongside her cancer, she also had a serious blood infection which caused most of her organs to fail. After removing life support, she continued to breathe and have a pulse for another hour and then slipped away. She was surrounded by friends and family, felt no pain when she passed, and went out the way she would have wanted - quiet and dignified. I'll miss her; she was truly a force of nature. Please keep my family in your prayers.
Sad to hear. Prayers + condolences to you and family.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1510 on: June 27, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1511 on: June 27, 2018, 11:17:36 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1512 on: June 27, 2018, 11:17:49 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1513 on: June 28, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »

The reaction of many in my party (including on here and on AAD) towards today's news and a number of recent events that signify the overall (and somewhat counter productive) increasingly crazy attitude towards the far right has convinced me to change my avatar to light green, at least for a little while. I haven't changed on any actual issues yet at the same time I hate the Democratic establishment for well documented reasons and also don't quite agree the liberal base for a number of different reasons.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1514 on: June 28, 2018, 08:57:52 AM »

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1515 on: June 28, 2018, 10:39:43 AM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1516 on: June 28, 2018, 02:28:10 PM »

I am increasingly of the belief, with creeping authoritarianism, that one day I'll be dragged out of my house on account of my marriage certificate and disappeared.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1517 on: June 28, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »

Congratulations on getting the hell outtah here.  How difficult was it to achieve Canadian citizenship?
Well myself, I was born in Canada, so I gained it automatically. As for my father, I don't know how long it took him to become a citizen, but he has been a citizen as long as I can remember.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1518 on: June 28, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »

I am increasingly of the belief, with creeping authoritarianism, that one day I'll be dragged out of my house on account of my marriage certificate and disappeared.
This is getting ridiculous. You’re not important enough to be thrown from a helicopter.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1519 on: June 28, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »

Interesting.

I can't say I think I'm going to disappear, but I am getting nervous about "your side" taking my kids away someday because of how I'm raising them.  There's a pithy observation in there somewhere about our mutual paranoia.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1520 on: June 28, 2018, 05:37:08 PM »

It's not that hard to get once you've got permanent residency although it does take a long time. Immigrating here is the hard part.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1521 on: June 29, 2018, 09:31:11 AM »

Just learned that someone who used to be my friend isn't anymore. It's probably for a good reason, but I don't know it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1522 on: June 29, 2018, 12:43:41 PM »

i hate being so dumb
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1523 on: June 29, 2018, 06:59:04 PM »

No, if you ever do get disappear, it'll be because you annoyed someone long before any potential pink polyhedron purge ever happened, especially in Scotland.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1524 on: June 30, 2018, 12:50:44 AM »

I was wondering if apoaequorin and telomerase are, in any way, capable of what scientists have claimed they are - namely, the halting of the aging process and reduction of memory loss. And, if so, what potential practical applications there are.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies