Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:40:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 142111 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: July 22, 2018, 07:11:12 AM »

mvd10.

Yeah, Girl is the draw king of super-GMs.  That 14-draw performance in the '16 Candidates was, well, remarkable.  It usually does take something like a +3 or so result to win the Candidates, so yeah.  The thing with Girl is that he seems to play spectacular and memorable chess when he is in trouble, and ends up pulling a save out of a seemingly lost position.  The rest of the time, he plays so level that all the engines report .000 almost every move he makes.  It's really something.  

In Leiden, almost everyone on bikes is aggressive, particularly in the morning.  I have a slight visual disability and so don't drive anything, car or bike, so I have to walk to work, and it's quite the minefield for me.  So, if some morning in the future you see headlines about a Leiden U prof found dead in the streets with bike tracks across his chest, I hope you will remember me kindly. Smiley

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1601 on: July 22, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »

Deutschlandlied is stuck in my head.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1602 on: July 22, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »

Met Governor Hogan in the Albuquerque airport this morning (he's coming back from the governor's association conference). We're flying Southwest so there's no assigned seating, so I'm sitting directly behind him and his staff. Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1603 on: July 22, 2018, 03:38:40 PM »

We have little kittens

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1604 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »

Well, after days of contemplating, I decided to reach out to a friend who has gotten very famous very quickly that I haven't spoken to in years. I realized about a week or two ago that it had been very long since we last spoke, and I am still friends with her on her personal FB account. I was nervous because it had been so long since we last spoke and I felt ashamed (I'll get into more detail about this). So, I messaged her this afternoon, saying we hadn't spoken in a long time and I was really impressed with what she was doing.

No response.

Really, it's my own ing fault. Three years ago I entered my first "real" relationship with somebody, and so I was shrinking my social circle, and I closed her off. I was a ing idiot to do so. We had a good relationship together as friends; when I lived in Somerset County for four years I was not in a good place emotionally. I was an outcast. People treated me like sh1t and every day made me feel awful. But she was one of the few people who was legitimately kind to me and made things more bearable at a time where my current mental illnesses began to plague me. I look back and I am appreciative of her kindness because there wasn't much to be found there.

But, being the awful person I am, I just threw it in her face by snubbing her. I feel so much regret, this is the first time I've cried in over a year, and I wish I could take it all back. I wish I thanked her for being a good person and making me feel better where I was juggling both of my grandparents dying, my parents' relationship going through a very rough patch, and constant bullying and humiliation from my peers.

But I can't do that now.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1605 on: July 23, 2018, 12:44:42 AM »

Well, after days of contemplating, I decided to reach out to a friend who has gotten very famous very quickly that I haven't spoken to in years. I realized about a week or two ago that it had been very long since we last spoke, and I am still friends with her on her personal FB account. I was nervous because it had been so long since we last spoke and I felt ashamed (I'll get into more detail about this). So, I messaged her this afternoon, saying we hadn't spoken in a long time and I was really impressed with what she was doing.

No response.

Really, it's my own ing fault. Three years ago I entered my first "real" relationship with somebody, and so I was shrinking my social circle, and I closed her off. I was a ing idiot to do so. We had a good relationship together as friends; when I lived in Somerset County for four years I was not in a good place emotionally. I was an outcast. People treated me like sh1t and every day made me feel awful. But she was one of the few people who was legitimately kind to me and made things more bearable at a time where my current mental illnesses began to plague me. I look back and I am appreciative of her kindness because there wasn't much to be found there.

But, being the awful person I am, I just threw it in her face by snubbing her. I feel so much regret, this is the first time I've cried in over a year, and I wish I could take it all back. I wish I thanked her for being a good person and making me feel better where I was juggling both of my grandparents dying, my parents' relationship going through a very rough patch, and constant bullying and humiliation from my peers.

But I can't do that now.

Sad. Just remember that most everyone goes through things like this, and most everyone comes out the other end.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1606 on: July 25, 2018, 06:40:00 PM »

Had a marvelous lunch with Green Line today.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1607 on: July 25, 2018, 08:47:11 PM »

^ Best cheese fries ever Purple heart
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1608 on: July 25, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »

So I decided to turn on an old laptop I used that's been in my soon-to-be former apartament...until it decided to crash and get screen rot ack in November last year.

...It turned on and still works.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1609 on: July 25, 2018, 09:53:46 PM »

Heading back to Arkansas tomorrow for the school year.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1610 on: July 26, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »

Loading up my Amazon cart with Russian literature, bargain copies of out of date publications on regime change in he former Soviet Union, and Cold War era tomes on revolution. Payday is nigh.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1611 on: July 26, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »

Going to Saratoga next week. Possibly staying for the Whitney.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1612 on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »

I voted for Bill Lee for governor in our primary election today
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1613 on: July 26, 2018, 10:22:39 PM »

Loading up my Amazon cart with Russian literature, bargain copies of out of date publications on regime change in he former Soviet Union, and Cold War era tomes on revolution. Payday is nigh.

I’ve been trying to learn more about the USSR in the Gorbachev era myself
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1614 on: July 27, 2018, 02:36:01 AM »

My book on Saddam's rule over Iraq arrived today. I think after I finish it I'll get some things on WWI. Anyone got any good books they know on the topic?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1615 on: July 27, 2018, 07:14:45 AM »

I’ve been trying to learn more about the USSR in the Gorbachev era myself

I’ve ordered “The Master & Margarita” by Mikhail Bulgakov, “The Age of Revolution” by Hobsbawm (Al’s recommendation), and “Uncertain Democracy: U.S. Foreign Policy and Georgia’s Rose Revolution” by Lincoln A. Mitchell.
diptheriadan

« Reply #1616 on: July 27, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

I'd thought you'd support Diane Black. What made you go for Lee?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1617 on: July 27, 2018, 04:58:08 PM »

I'd thought you'd support Diane Black. What made you go for Lee?

I like Diane and originally planned to vote for her, but her campaign has focused far too much on immigration for my tastes.  I really like Bill Lee's message and think he is a genuine guy who will stick to his values in office.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1618 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »

Took the bar exam this week. Felt surprisingly pretty good about it, but it SUCKS they don't tell you until October.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1619 on: July 28, 2018, 05:58:16 PM »

Taking the GRE in two weekends. I'll be in California next weekend, so this is my one semi-large study period. Already almost a full day gone. Hm.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1620 on: July 29, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

He hasn't mentioned it on this thread, but I was traveling this weekend through IA and I had a nice lunch with RINO Tom.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1621 on: July 29, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »

Finally got to see Love, Simon.

Insanely cute movie, really enjoyed it. Was a bit awkward watching it with my mom though, since I'm not out to my family.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1622 on: July 29, 2018, 10:08:43 PM »

Finally got to see Love, Simon.

Insanely cute movie, really enjoyed it. Was a bit awkward watching it with my mom though, since I'm not out to my family.

it is an awesome sauce movie! It was the first LGBT movie that I watched in theaters Cheesy
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1623 on: July 29, 2018, 10:54:12 PM »

Going to climb Mt Davis next month. Already been to the mighty peak of Campbell Hill last year. Mt Davis is an actual mountain, at least by eastern standards.

There is potential that I will move from Summit to Portage county sometime. Portage is an Obama->Trump county.  Of course, the process of preparing to move hasn't even started, so that's still a bit off.

New pay system at work in place tomorrow, based on tiers of productivity quotas. I can only hope I get a decent raise.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1624 on: July 30, 2018, 11:13:09 AM »

He hasn't mentioned it on this thread, but I was traveling this weekend through IA and I had a nice lunch with RINO Tom.

Yep, it was really nice meeting you, muon2!  I now, more than ever, default to muon2's political views on issues I haven't made up my mind yet on, LOL.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies