French presidential election, 2022
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French presidential election, 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 76
Author Topic: French presidential election, 2022  (Read 127398 times)
DL
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: April 10, 2022, 03:32:20 PM »

A cording to the latest projections LePen is only leading Melenchon 23.2 to 21.7…amazing how close she came to being knocked out of the second round
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1076 on: April 10, 2022, 03:32:47 PM »

With 65% counted, Macron finally pulls ahead of Le Pen. Both are around 27%. Mélenchon at 18.8%, still behind his projected score.
DL
Canada

« Reply #1077 on: April 10, 2022, 03:34:32 PM »

A cording to the latest projections LePen is only leading Melenchon 23.2 to 21.7…amazing how close she came to being knocked out of the second round

Now narrowed to 23.0 to 22.2!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1078 on: April 10, 2022, 03:34:41 PM »

Watching Melenchon’s projected score inch higher but knowing he won’t pass Le Pen is painful.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1079 on: April 10, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »

Results from the commune of Dugny in the department of Seine-Saint-Denis:
Melenchon 59
Le Pen 15
Macron 13
Zemmour 5
Pecresse 2
Others 7
Rounded to the nearest whole number.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1080 on: April 10, 2022, 03:36:42 PM »

Is it at all possible the exit poll is wrong and he passes Le Pen?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1081 on: April 10, 2022, 03:37:53 PM »

Doubt it

European exit polls are basically official tallies
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1082 on: April 10, 2022, 03:38:03 PM »

Depends on the urban vote. But it can't be ruled out I guess.
Melenchon is doing surprisingly well.
adma
« Reply #1083 on: April 10, 2022, 03:41:25 PM »

I always monitor the commune of Y (Somme) in these elections...

26 Le Pen, 12 Melenchon, 6 Zemmour, 4 Macron 4 Lassalle, 2 Pecresse, 1 Arthaud, 1 NDA
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1084 on: April 10, 2022, 03:46:40 PM »

26 Le Pen, 12 Melenchon, 6 Zemmour, 4 Macron 4 Lassalle, 2 Pecresse, 1 Arthaud, 1 NDA

What sort of commune would vote for Le Pen?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1085 on: April 10, 2022, 03:46:55 PM »

What happens if LePen loses? Who has the upper hand going into the final round?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1086 on: April 10, 2022, 03:47:19 PM »

A racist one?
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1087 on: April 10, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »

Well, rural Picardie is a decent start.
Logical

« Reply #1088 on: April 10, 2022, 03:49:08 PM »

Very unlikely, but there is one huge unknown, the expatriate vote. If they somehow break for Melenchon massively instead of Macron it is possible.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1089 on: April 10, 2022, 03:50:31 PM »

What happens if LePen loses? Who has the upper hand going into the final round?

You mean if she only finishes third tonight?

I think all the polling data of the past showed that Macron was usually much stronger against Melenchon than against Le Pen.
Double Carpet
Rookie
« Reply #1090 on: April 10, 2022, 03:52:50 PM »

Doubt it

European exit polls are basically official tallies

It's not an exit poll, it's a projection based on a sample of votes counted
kaoras
Chile

« Reply #1091 on: April 10, 2022, 03:53:17 PM »

Melenchón is stagnating or receding slightly in rural areas but going up big time in urban zones.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1092 on: April 10, 2022, 03:53:42 PM »

I was also very positive about Jadot, but then he exposed himself when he forgot that Romania and Bulgaria were in the EU. This man is an MEP. That works with these people every day.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1093 on: April 10, 2022, 03:54:13 PM »

Interesting thread.  I haven't visited this forum for at least six years but I was searching for discussion of the French election and encountered this.  I see some familiar names.  Cheers.

I'll add my two cents.  Although I'm not an expert on French politics, I read French newspapers fairly regularly and I watch French television news probably three or four times per week, mostly on the elliptical.  The predictions from the talking heads are mostly that the second tour will be a rematch of 2017 but with a tighter results.  Predictions range from 51-49 to 55-45.  Remember that 2017 was 66-44 (not counting null ballots, which amounted to nearly 12% of the overall.)  

Even Valérie Pécresse says that she will not vote for Le Pen, and is urging her supporters not to do so.  Click here and scroll down to "20:23 L’essentiel" to read more (in French).  

It is worth noting, however, that things are different now than in 2017.  First, Le Pen has pivoted slightly, moderating some of her more radical ideas.  Also, Macron managed to alienate many people with his domestic agenda over the past five years (proposed fuel surcharges, social reforms, suggested changes to la retraite, perceived ineffectiveness during the coronavirus confinement, etc.)  Finally, Zemmour and other rightist candidates have pledged to support Le Pen, which gives many RN supporters hope.  

One interesting graphic from Le Monde shows how their support is at an all-time high:

I'd still guess that Macron gets reelected to a second five-year mandat.  Time will tell.

Bon courage.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1094 on: April 10, 2022, 03:56:12 PM »

Interesting thread.  I haven't visited this forum for at least six years but I was searching for discussion of the French election and encountered this.  I see some familiar names.  Cheers.

I'll add my two cents.  Although I'm not an expert on French politics, I read French newspapers fairly regularly and I watch French television news probably three or four times per week, mostly on the elliptical.  The predictions from the talking heads are mostly that the second tour will be a rematch of 2017 but with a tighter results.  Predictions range from 51-49 to 55-45.  Remember that 2017 was 66-44 (not counting null ballots, which amounted to nearly 12% of the overall.) 

Even Valérie Pécresse says that she will not vote for Le Pen, and is urging her supporters not to do so.  Click here and scroll down to "20:23 L’essentiel" to read more (in French). 

It is worth noting, however, that things are different now than in 2017.  First, Le Pen has pivoted slightly, moderating some of her more radical ideas.  Also, Macron managed to alienate many people with his domestic agenda over the past five years (proposed fuel surcharges, social reforms, suggested changes to la retraite, perceived ineffectiveness during the coronavirus confinement, etc.)  Finally, Zemmour and other rightist candidates have pledged to support Le Pen, which gives many RN supporters hope. 

I'd still guess that Macron gets reelected to a second five-year mandat.  Time will tell.

Bon courage.

I wish you a good time.
Here's to hoping for Le Pen being stopped.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1095 on: April 10, 2022, 03:58:34 PM »

Interesting thread.  I haven't visited this forum for at least six years but I was searching for discussion of the French election and encountered this.  I see some familiar names.  Cheers.

I'll add my two cents.  Although I'm not an expert on French politics, I read French newspapers fairly regularly and I watch French television news probably three or four times per week, mostly on the elliptical.  The predictions from the talking heads are mostly that the second tour will be a rematch of 2017 but with a tighter results.  Predictions range from 51-49 to 55-45.  Remember that 2017 was 66-44 (not counting null ballots, which amounted to nearly 12% of the overall.)  

Even Valérie Pécresse says that she will not vote for Le Pen, and is urging her supporters not to do so.  Click here and scroll down to "20:23 L’essentiel" to read more (in French).  

It is worth noting, however, that things are different now than in 2017.  First, Le Pen has pivoted slightly, moderating some of her more radical ideas.  Also, Macron managed to alienate many people with his domestic agenda over the past five years (proposed fuel surcharges, social reforms, suggested changes to la retraite, perceived ineffectiveness during the coronavirus confinement, etc.)  Finally, Zemmour and other rightist candidates have pledged to support Le Pen, which gives many RN supporters hope.  

One interesting graphic from Le Monde shows how their support is at an all-time high:

I'd still guess that Macron gets reelected to a second five-year mandat.  Time will tell.

Bon courage.

On the graphic, I thought it was the father and not the daughter that ran in 2007.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1096 on: April 10, 2022, 03:58:53 PM »

Interesting thread.  I haven't visited this forum for at least six years but I was searching for discussion of the French election and encountered this.  I see some familiar names.  Cheers.
Despite joining after you and only seeing you in old threads, I hope you stay.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1097 on: April 10, 2022, 03:59:34 PM »

Macron unsurprisingly is going to go 5 for 5 on the mainland Fillon '17 departments. Macron's coalition has visibly gotten more metropolitan, and Melenchon isn't the only one losing rural support.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1098 on: April 10, 2022, 04:03:07 PM »

Macron unsurprisingly is going to go 5 for 5 on the mainland Fillon '17 departments. Macron's coalition has visibly gotten more metropolitan, and Melenchon isn't the only one losing rural support.
No votes have come in yet from Paris.
Can we expect Melenchon to gain further ground from Le Pen when Paris' results come in?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1099 on: April 10, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2022, 04:07:04 PM by angus »

Jaichind.  Good eye!  

It seems to be an error.  I got it from a legit source that does not make them often, but according to Wikipedia it was in fact Jean-Marie Le Pen, and not Marine Le Pen, who ran in 2007.  I might just email Le Monde and ask them about that.

Edit:  Ah, ha!  Someone must have beat me to it.  It now appears like this:

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies